Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 Next page Last page  View All

Jamesie
Deleted

Jun 21, 2008, 4:00 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 690 (201011 views)
Shortcut
     Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!!   or

Seeing as it seems to fit on here...

Had a quiet close season personally. Went to Buxton speedway week before last, tomorrow heading to Cas Tigers versus Wigan P.E super league match.

Anyone wanna add? Any sports allowed... except fitba'...

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

(This post was edited by Jamesie on Aug 2, 2010, 12:10 PM)

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 21, 2008, 4:59 PM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #2 of 690 (200992 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Jamesie] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Possibly gping to Lingfield races next Saturday.

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 21, 2008, 9:13 PM

Post #3 of 690 (200970 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Jamesie] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Went to Surrey v Essex in the Twenty20 a couple of weeks ago. Surrey were rubbish.

Went to Surrey v Hampshire in the Twenty20 on Wednesday. There were moments of excitement and, for a few overs, it looked like it might be a close game then Lumb hit loads off not many for Hampshire and they strolled the game.

Going to Surrey v Middlesex in the Twenty20 on Friday. I'm not too optimistic. Unsure

R.S.Cavendish
First Team Star

Jun 21, 2008, 11:15 PM

Post #4 of 690 (200954 views)
Shortcut

Went to watch rugby league. South London Storm versus St.Albans Centurions. Total farce to begin with as the visitors turned up without their kit. Start delayed an hour waiting for it to arrive. SLS won 42-10 in a match of unbalanced sides. Still, at least it was a day out with lots of hoppers present.

peter9
Youth Team Regular

Jun 22, 2008, 12:47 AM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 690 (200942 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [R.S.Cavendish] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Sat 28th June.........errrmmm could well be Warrington Wizards, RL Conf. National, would be my 3rd on the trot...this week it's v Dewsbury Celtic, should be an "easy win" for Wizards..........when does footie start again ??

hemelite
First Team Regular

Jun 22, 2008, 2:32 PM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town, West Ham United, Los Angeles Angels & USC

Post #6 of 690 (200908 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [R.S.Cavendish] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

A couple of weeks ago i strolled up to watch some Rugby League as the Hemel Stags beat the Liverpool Buccaneers 38-24. Not a bad match all round but Hemel were just too strong in the end.
Then yesterday i spent the afternoon watching Boxmoor II lose again, this time to Letchworth VI. Letchworth won the toss and put the home side into bat where they scored 189-7 off 53 overs. Then the visitors replied with 190-6 off 41.2 overs. Boxmoor II's are now very much in trouble near the bottom of division ten.
A nice day out though, with good beer and the rain virtually never interfered at all.
Next Saturday i've slated myself to watch some first eleven ECB cricket, and will travel to either Harpenden against Hemel Hempstead or Tring Park against Slough. I havn't decided yet and the weather will be a big factor.
to be honest i'm generally bored to tears and cant wait for the pre-season to start. July 12th for us.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 22, 2008, 7:29 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #7 of 690 (200874 views)
Shortcut

Hi Edge Raceway - Conference League. Buxton 65 Rye House 26. Admission 12 with programme. Att c.100.

Located a few miles south of Buxton off the main road to Leek, this has to be the most isolated "stadium" I've ever attended. High up on the moors and accessible off a single track road, it's actually one of a pair of stadia; next door is what appears to be a well-appointed stadium with grandstand and floodlights. This is now used for stock-cars but Buxton Speedway did ride here for their first two seasons back in the mid-nineties. The new speedway track is surrounded by a hotch-potch of container wagons and sheds which provide a small bar/clubroom, club shop and toilet block. A mobile catering van provided the usual greasy stuff but there are no stands or other spectator cover at all. In fact on this wild day most spectators chose to sit in their cars which can be parked right round the track.
Not a contest as such as the visitors only provided one heat winner and that in the penultimate race though there were several admirable attempts by riders of both teams to demolish the safety fence. Bloody freezing - I can't wait to get back to the winter sport.

John Treleven

Jun 22, 2008, 8:31 PM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 690 (200867 views)
Shortcut

MCC are on their annual Jersey tour, put back a few weeks because of the World Division 5 held here in late May.

Saw them play v Victoria College on Saturday and today they beat Jersey "A" by 4 wickets. I am scoring their match v Jersey "B" tomorrow and then umpiring Devon v Channel Islands Over 50's League match on Saturday.

Jamesie
Deleted

Jun 22, 2008, 8:33 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 690 (200867 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [R.S.Cavendish] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Hi Edge Raceway - Conference League. Buxton 65 Rye House 26. Admission 12 with programme. Att c.100.

Located a few miles south of Buxton off the main road to Leek, this has to be the most isolated "stadium" I've ever attended. High up on the moors and accessible off a single track road, it's actually one of a pair of stadia; next door is what appears to be a well-appointed stadium with grandstand and floodlights. This is now used for stock-cars but Buxton Speedway did ride here for their first two seasons back in the mid-nineties. The new speedway track is surrounded by a hotch-potch of container wagons and sheds which provide a small bar/clubroom, club shop and toilet block. A mobile catering van provided the usual greasy stuff but there are no stands or other spectator cover at all. In fact on this wild day most spectators chose to sit in their cars which can be parked right round the track.
Not a contest as such as the visitors only provided one heat winner and that in the penultimate race though there were several admirable attempts by riders of both teams to demolish the safety fence. Bloody freezing - I can't wait to get back to the winter sport.

Complete contrast to when me and Bob L Hatt went up the other week - I got sunburn. They do fall off quite frequently up there though don't they?

Today went to Cas Vegas 22 Pie Eaters 22, 16 in, 9 for kids. Very entertaining, could have gone either way in the last seconds.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

Jim S
Youth Team Regular

Jun 22, 2008, 9:18 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 690 (200858 views)
Shortcut

RE : BUXTON SPEEDWAY

12 inc prog.

Just to get this right, it is only 9 to get in, 2 for a prog and 1 to take your own heated exec box into the track. Although I like you, chose to stand out in a bleep freezing wet gale.

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Jun 23, 2008, 1:35 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #11 of 690 (200811 views)
Shortcut

Went to a Twenty/20 game a couple of weeks back - Yorkshire v Notts. Always like to get myself up to Headingley for the cricket at least once a season.
Still recovering today from going to watch Halifax v Whitehaven (38-14) which sent us top of the league again. Laugh I'm a season ticket holder at Fax so only miss about 2/3 games a season and will be going to watch Salford City Reds v Fax this Friday evening. Top of the table clash , and the thing that makes Halifax's presence at the top of the league more impressive is the fact that we (fax) are still part time players where-as Celtic Crusaders, Widnes and Salford are all on full time contracts Tongue

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

acmold

Jun 29, 2008, 9:55 AM

Post #12 of 690 (200705 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [PonteCarlo] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Yesterday Rugby League - St Albans Centurions 40 Ipswich Rhinos 22, on the 2nd pitch at Colney Heath FC. Admission 1 inc 16 page colour programme. Said programme appears to be produced and sold by the actor and TV scriptwriter Mike Walling who was Eric in Brush Strokes.

Eat 10 a day, you know it makes sense.

John Treleven

Jun 29, 2008, 10:01 AM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 690 (200704 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [acmold] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Umpired ECB 50+ Southern Group Match
Channel Islands v Devon
CI won by 6 wickets with 3 overs to spare

sandhurstbee

Jun 29, 2008, 1:06 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #14 of 690 (200687 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [acmold] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Rugby League for me to Andy, Went to Claygate to see Elmbridge Eagles 54 London Skolars 30 No Programme Att: about 30 - 2 tries in the opening 10 minutes from the Home side decided the game as Elmbridge never really looked threatened after that leading 30-12 at the break. Place has been smartened up since my last visit a couple of years ago when Grass was about 2 Foot high and Rusty Goalposts obviously no game played that day!

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

peter9
Youth Team Regular

Jun 29, 2008, 10:01 PM

Team(s):

Post #15 of 690 (200648 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [sandhurstbee] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Rugby League N.L. Div. 1:

Leigh Centurions 42 Sheffield Eagles 22.

Wish it was this good every time.............!!!!!!
Brilliant afternoon's entertainment. Laugh

Adm. 14 / Prog. 2.50.

Rob North
First Team Star

Jun 30, 2008, 10:33 AM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #16 of 690 (200620 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [peter9] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

A week late but on a trip south....

Saturday June 21st

Berkshire Cricket League - Division 2 - Bradfield 1st XI v Swindon NALGO 2nd XI

Swindon NALGO 225-3 dec
Bradfield 106 all out

R.North's contribution was one catch and one run.

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Jun 30, 2008, 1:16 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #17 of 690 (200609 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Rob North] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Friday 27th June 2008 @ The Willows
Salford City Reds 30-24 Halifax RLFC
Great game, absolutely abysmal opening performance by the Fax, literally handed a couple of tries to Salford and was looking like being a cricket score at one point. Fantastic second half by Fax had the Reds attempt drop goals twice to seal the points, but in the end part-time Fax still get a bonus point and just hang onto second place.

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

Billybadknees
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 1, 2008, 11:02 AM

Team(s): Sheffield FC, Sheffield Wednesday, Staveley MWFC

Post #18 of 690 (200562 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [PonteCarlo] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

28th June - Brearley Park Old Whittington Chesterfield
Whittington Wanderers CC 2nd XI 102ao
Sheffield Zingari 1st XI 103-4

Only 6 with the bat (continuing my terrible run of form), 1-13 with the ball. Our innings was only the 2nd time we've passed 100 this season. Young, inexperienced side that I am alledgedly supposed to be showing how to play!

Sig-lite!

peter9
Youth Team Regular

Jul 2, 2008, 3:34 AM

Team(s):

Post #19 of 690 (200508 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Billybadknees] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Tues 1st July.............

Cricket groundhopping now ......!!!!

Lancashire 2nd v Durham 2nd at Haydock Cricket Club.

A very strong Durham 2nd controlled this 50 overs game from the start bowling Lancs out for 112 in the 47th over, highlight of the Lancs innings was a huge straight (ish) six from a promising young lad named Luke Procter.

Durham's reply was rapid until they reached 105-1, which some 7 or 8 overs later had become 107-5 !
A very warm day on this basic but well set out ground..........
Admission.....FREE, Scorecard 50p.

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 2, 2008, 11:57 AM

Post #20 of 690 (200463 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [peter9] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

28th June: Lingfield Park for the evening meeting. Only had one winner (9/2), which won by a nose. Still, an enjoyable evening was had & it gave me the chance to tick another sporting venue off my list.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 3, 2008, 9:22 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #21 of 690 (200343 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [paignton-nick] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Friendlies don't interest me so it's Rugby League at the South Leeds Stadium on Sunday for Hunslet vs Barrow.

robhoppo
Deleted

Jul 4, 2008, 3:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #22 of 690 (200239 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Jamesie] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or

I've been to the mighty blunsdon stadium a couple of times to watch Swindon Robins speedway. I have to sat what a craking nights entertainment, great atmos!!

If god had wanted us to play football in the air , he would have put grass on clouds!

All the very best......

Rob North
First Team Star

Jul 4, 2008, 3:53 PM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #23 of 690 (200226 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [paignton-nick] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
28th June: Lingfield Park for the evening meeting. Only had one winner (9/2), which won by a nose. Still, an enjoyable evening was had & it gave me the chance to tick another sporting venue off my list.

Nick

Assuming there were all-weather races and turf races on the card, then you've ticked off two 'pitches'. But to count all three 'pitches' you have to do a jumps meeting.

Rob

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 4, 2008, 6:53 PM

Post #24 of 690 (200197 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Rob North] Where are you going - where did you go? NON FOOTBALL!!! [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Nick

Assuming there were all-weather races and turf races on the card, then you've ticked off two 'pitches'. But to count all three 'pitches' you have to do a jumps meeting.

Rob

There as indeed Rob. The 1st 3 races on the AW the last 3 on the turf.

acmold

Jul 6, 2008, 9:52 AM

Post #25 of 690 (200013 views)
Shortcut

Oxford Cavaliers 48 Redditch Ravens 18

West Midlands Conference

No Programme - club shop up and running selling Cavalier items.

Played at Marston Ferry.

Att 45 to 50 (a number stayed in the bar at half-time as we had a shower).

Good game, should have been closer but Redditch made a few mistakes from kick-offs, also they started to question a number of "sir's" decisions.

Oxford upto 2nd, Bristol will win the league, anyone of Oxford, Telford, Coventry "B" and Redditch for 2nd spot. Swindon and Wolves will fight out the wooden spoon.

Coventry have a game in hand on Oxford and can go 2nd, but still have to play at Oxford. Hopefully they will have a 1st team game that day, the other year the 1st team game was called off and they brought 10 of the 1st team to Oxford.

Eat 10 a day, you know it makes sense.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3