Twenty Questions # 153

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 16, 2008, 8:20 PM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #51 of 68 (1602 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [StokePriorAndy] Twenty Questions #153 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Maybe it needs a Jamesie recap Crazy

Methinks a hint or two might be better Andy. Wink

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

StokePriorAndy
First Team Star

Dec 16, 2008, 8:41 PM

Team(s): Bromsgrove Sporting, Bromsgrove Rovers, Tottenham H, Gainsborough Trinity

Post #52 of 68 (1600 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [northstandexile] Twenty Questions #153 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
G - could it be the only time the European cup holders were knocked out in the first round.

ie when Nottingham Forest beat Liverpool 2-0 on agg in 1978.

Not that event/occurence NSE, as I think both legs of that would be North of the mythical Severn?Wash Line.

StokePriorAndy
First Team Star

Dec 16, 2008, 8:48 PM

Team(s): Bromsgrove Sporting, Bromsgrove Rovers, Tottenham H, Gainsborough Trinity

Post #53 of 68 (1598 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [nico] Twenty Questions #153 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Maybe it needs a Jamesie recap Crazy

Methinks a hint or two might be better Andy. Wink

If the great hacker needs a hint it must prove the new firewall is working Tongue

To recap, it's a British non-league club that featured in an event or occurrence that happened in the 1970's partly North of and mainly South of the Severn Wash divide. And it doesn't relate to the FA Cup.

Maybe someone would like to ask me what everyone used to ask Roy Castle and I don't mean "Did you really get cancer from secondary smoking?" As a free gift it is of a fashion a current Record Roy. You should be on your way if you can work out "Why" from part of the recap above.

(This post was edited by StokePriorAndy on Dec 16, 2008, 9:05 PM)

northstandexile
First Team Regular

Dec 16, 2008, 10:37 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #54 of 68 (1584 views)
Shortcut

G- 1984 FA trophy final which included a replay at Villa Park ( first game at Wembley) ( so the north/south washing line thing) between Northwich and Bangor ( only welsh team in trophy final).

StokePriorAndy
First Team Star

Dec 16, 2008, 11:13 PM

Post #55 of 68 (1577 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [northstandexile] Twenty Questions #153 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
G- 1984 FA trophy final which included a replay at Villa Park ( first game at Wembley) ( so the north/south washing line thing) between Northwich and Bangor ( only welsh team in trophy final).

Wrong decade but more on the right track than anyone else so far

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2008, 1:05 AM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #56 of 68 (1559 views)
Shortcut

The only thing I can remember from the 1970's is Blondie - mainly because of Debbie Harry Wink but I'll have a wild guess at Billericay Town winning the FA Vase a record three times - twice at Wembley and once at the City Ground (over Jamesie's mob).

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

SeanM
Youth Team Star

Dec 17, 2008, 1:08 AM

Team(s): Manchester United (since before Beckham and Buffy!)

Post #57 of 68 (1556 views)
Shortcut

I may not phrase this exactly, so here goes:

G: Billericay Town win the FA Vase 2 years in a row ('75-6 and '76-7), playing twice at Wembley (winning in '75-6 v Stamford), drawing in '76-7 v Sheffield), then winning (in the replay ('76-7) v Sheffield) at City Ground.

“And the sea will grant each man new hope . . . as sleep brings dreams of home.”
-- Christopher Columbus

"Welcome to the New World"
-- Jack Ryan

Jamesie
Deleted

Dec 17, 2008, 5:58 AM

Team(s):

Post #58 of 68 (1549 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [StokePriorAndy] Twenty Questions #153 [In reply to]   or

If Sean's not exactly right, is it Billericay Town winning the Vase a record three times?

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

StokePriorAndy
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2008, 6:10 PM

Post #59 of 68 (1525 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [nico] Twenty Questions #153 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The only thing I can remember from the 1970's is Blondie - mainly because of Debbie Harry Wink but I'll have a wild guess at Billericay Town winning the FA Vase a record three times - twice at Wembley and once at the City Ground (over Jamesie's mob).

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! IT IS AND OBVIOUSLY I GAVE TOO MUCH AWAY WITH THE HINT BUT OFF YOU GO NICO, IT'S ALL YOURS TO SEE IF YOU CAN LAST OUT UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!

StokePriorAndy
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2008, 6:12 PM

Post #60 of 68 (1523 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [SeanM] Twenty Questions #153 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I may not phrase this exactly, so here goes:

G: Billericay Town win the FA Vase 2 years in a row ('75-6 and '76-7), playing twice at Wembley (winning in '75-6 v Stamford), drawing in '76-7 v Sheffield), then winning (in the replay ('76-7) v Sheffield) at City Ground.

Correct as well Sean but regretably 3 minutes too late as Nico pipped you to the post. More detailed though!

StokePriorAndy
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2008, 6:13 PM

Post #61 of 68 (1522 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Jamesie] Twenty Questions #153 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If Sean's not exactly right, is it Billericay Town winning the Vase a record three times?

It is but you were even slower and finished in third place. More Tomo Glock than Phillipe Massa Tongue

Jamesie
Deleted

Dec 17, 2008, 6:24 PM

Team(s):

Post #62 of 68 (1518 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [StokePriorAndy] Twenty Questions #153 [In reply to]   or

D'oh Blush

Posted that at a ridiculous hour having barely slept. Woke up having dreamt of a pitch for a gameshow where a panel of groundhoppers pick a game each and the contestant has to pick one to join for their game. The contestant wins money if he/she choses the game with the most goals from the chosen panel games. I was feverish...

See the firewall failed Wink

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

StokePriorAndy
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2008, 8:10 PM

Post #63 of 68 (1504 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
D'oh Blush

Posted that at a ridiculous hour having barely slept. Woke up having dreamt of a pitch for a gameshow where a panel of groundhoppers pick a game each and the contestant has to pick one to join for their game. The contestant wins money if he/she choses the game with the most goals from the chosen panel games. I was feverish...

I think it was Sean's firewall that failed rather than mine. Three minutes is one big coincidence across an ocean as wide as the Atlantic Sly

SeanM
Youth Team Star

Dec 17, 2008, 9:17 PM

Team(s): Manchester United (since before Beckham and Buffy!)

Post #64 of 68 (1495 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
D'oh Blush

I think it was Sean's firewall that failed rather than mine. Three minutes is one big coincidence across an ocean as wide as the Atlantic Sly

Actually, the firewall was performing admirably. I ran into a bit of "spelling" and grammatical checks. Pirate

Also, do keep in mind that the "server" for this board is in Canada. (I am not sure exactly where in the "Great North", though I am sure that unless Tony's server is in Nunavut or on Baffin Island, it should be closer to me than most of the readers here). Cool

Congrats, nico!

“And the sea will grant each man new hope . . . as sleep brings dreams of home.”
-- Christopher Columbus

"Welcome to the New World"
-- Jack Ryan

Harley
First Team Regular

Dec 17, 2008, 10:09 PM

Post #65 of 68 (1491 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [SeanM] Twenty Questions #153 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Is it Billericay's FA Vase hat-trick?

You ask us what the aim is? I tell you it is victory. Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Either that, or fried onions at the tea bar. Fried onions at reasonable cost, fried onions in spite of all terror, fried onions however long and hard the hot-dogs may be; for without fried onions, there are only boiled ones.

(This post was edited by Harley on Dec 17, 2008, 10:10 PM)

StokePriorAndy
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2008, 10:42 PM

Post #66 of 68 (1482 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Harley] Twenty Questions #153 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Would it be too ironic to refer to you as "the late Harley"? Blush Good to see you back and how's the recovery going?

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 17, 2008, 10:45 PM

Post #67 of 68 (1481 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
D'oh Blush

This is a damned good idea! How about adding a rule that if the contestant picks a game that finishes 0-0 they must pay a forfeit? I'll leave it to you to come up with a suitable penalty Stu. Wink

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Harley
First Team Regular

Dec 18, 2008, 1:57 AM

Post #68 of 68 (1469 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Would it be too ironic to refer to you as "the late Harley"? Blush Good to see you back and how's the recovery going?

Going well thank you, almost back to full health. I'm back walking without sticks and actually have my back brace off now too. Still very weak and feeling the effects of the collapsed lung, but other than that I'm tops. By the way, as a one time acquaintance of Neville, you do realise that he's fine and the crash happened on a proper bike?

You ask us what the aim is? I tell you it is victory. Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Either that, or fried onions at the tea bar. Fried onions at reasonable cost, fried onions in spite of all terror, fried onions however long and hard the hot-dogs may be; for without fried onions, there are only boiled ones.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3