Celebrity Big Brother

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 18, 2010, 11:20 AM

Post #1 of 55 (4745 views)
Shortcut
Celebrity Big Brother Can't Post or

Don't usually watch this sort of thing, but I have seen snippets of it, why is it called Celebrity ?

I've heard of Vinnie Jones and Stephanie Beacham. I let them have Celebrity status.

I have just about heard of Dane Bowers he was a singer in Steps, S Club 7, Girls Aloud or something like that, and Ivana was married to Donald Trump and it appears was a skier in the Olympics

The rest are just unknown to me Heidi (ran a brothel), Jonas (singer ?), Stephen (actor / bible type person) Alex (Jordan's boyfriend and cage fighter - at the same time ?), Lady Sovereign (bi-sexual yuf), Katia (Ronnie Woods ex girlfriend, she's about 16 ?), Sisqo (USA singer ?), Nicola (ex page three girl, not really Sam Fox !). I've only got these facts from looking on the web.

A TV show that appears to make Vinnie Jones look normal of the 12 people is not really educational, though Dane Bowers appears almost normal but boring. The rest appear to live on other planets, and that Lady Sov !.

The web did tell me Stephanie appeared naked along side Marlon Brando in a film and has she was recently Ken Barlows bit on the side in Coronation Street ?.

AndyE
First Team Star

Jan 18, 2010, 12:30 PM

Team(s): Chatham Town

Post #2 of 55 (4729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No, some of them weren't exactly A list. That Katia, who is a model from Kazakhstan and stepped out with Ronnie Wood for a bit, doesn't even have a page on Wikipedia. Since Old Bradwell United FC do have one, we must take it that they are better known to the general public than is Miss Ivanova!

And yes, Stephanie Beacham was indeed in Coronation Street for a couple of months. But Ken decided not to leave Deirdre and elope with her, so she went sadly off on her own. They do get some quite major actors in for brief parts on Corrie - Ian McKellen a couple of years back, Nigel Havers recently, and so on. (Although actually, Sue Nicholls who plays Audrey has known Nigel Havers since they were kids - both of their fathers were Conservative MPs.)

acmold

Jan 18, 2010, 1:19 PM

Post #3 of 55 (4718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
No, some of them weren't exactly A list. That Katia, who is a model from Kazakhstan and stepped out with Ronnie Wood for a bit, doesn't even have a page on Wikipedia. Since Old Bradwell United FC do have one, we must take it that they are better known to the general public than is Miss Ivanova!

Do all people from Kazakhstan speak English that well !. It's a sort of a step 5 to 7 Hellenic / SML Celebrity list with a couple of Conference / League Two names thrown in. A bit like a modern day county senior cup.

Isaac

Jan 18, 2010, 4:51 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #4 of 55 (4697 views)
Shortcut

Am I the only person in the world never to have watched 'Big Brother'?

As for Vinnie JonesCrazy, I'd hardly call him a celebrity. I heard (on very good authority) how former Crystal Palace keeper John Budgie Burridge challenged Jones to a weight lifting competition and you've never seen anybody disappear so fastSly!

Still there's hope for us all, Mr Jones and the Spice Girls prove that you don't need talent to succeed!

In Reply To
Don't usually watch this sort of thing, but I have seen snippets of it, why is it called Celebrity ?

I've heard of Vinnie Jones and Stephanie Beacham. I let them have Celebrity status.

I have just about heard of Dane Bowers he was a singer in Steps, S Club 7, Girls Aloud or something like that, and Ivana was married to Donald Trump and it appears was a skier in the Olympics

The rest are just unknown to me Heidi (ran a brothel), Jonas (singer ?), Stephen (actor / bible type person) Alex (Jordan's boyfriend and cage fighter - at the same time ?), Lady Sovereign (bi-sexual yuf), Katia (Ronnie Woods ex girlfriend, she's about 16 ?), Sisqo (USA singer ?), Nicola (ex page three girl, not really Sam Fox !). I've only got these facts from looking on the web.

A TV show that appears to make Vinnie Jones look normal of the 12 people is not really educational, though Dane Bowers appears almost normal but boring. The rest appear to live on other planets, and that Lady Sov !.

The web did tell me Stephanie appeared naked along side Marlon Brando in a film and has she was recently Ken Barlows bit on the side in Coronation Street ?.

(This post was edited by Isaac on Jan 18, 2010, 4:52 PM)

dottirofhod

Jan 18, 2010, 7:35 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #5 of 55 (4680 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Am I the only person in the world never to have watched 'Big Brother'?

NO.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 67 / 57 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 16 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Tim

Jan 18, 2010, 7:48 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #6 of 55 (4677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And another NO.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 18, 2010, 8:18 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #7 of 55 (4673 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Don't usually watch this sort of thing, but I have seen snippets of it, why is it called Celebrity ? There are some things not worth admitting to, Molders. You'll soon be joining Oceanborn with his Saturday night staples of poncing on ice with bearded women or whatever...............Tongue

Darren Lovell
First Team Star

Jan 18, 2010, 9:56 PM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #8 of 55 (4655 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Never seen it, never want to!

Grounds Visited 313
Last New Ground: Scunthorpe United
Last Game:Leyton Orient 1-2 Crewe Alexandra
EFL 2 17.09.19
Games In Season 2019-20: 20
New Grounds This Season: 1
Goals This Season: 61
Ave goals per game: 3.05

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 18, 2010, 11:02 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #9 of 55 (4640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And another NO.

Another big NO here too. Never wanted to, never ever will.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

UKPunk

Jan 18, 2010, 11:40 PM

Post #10 of 55 (4632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

And another NO.

Another big NO here too. Never wanted to, never ever will.

On the insistance of my kids I watched 5 minutes of the first one to see what all the fuss was about. Soon realised it was durge and haven't watched it since.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Jan 19, 2010, 12:39 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #11 of 55 (4595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I never watched the celebrity version, but I attempted to have a look at the first series of BB and truly got bored to death. What's even more dire is all the Little Brother and people talking about it on shows and having opinions on what people should and shouldn't be doing. WHO CARES?
As for the contestants, I've hardly heard of any of them but was told last night by the fiance that apparently Lady Sovereign is a rapper of some sort (she had one of her songs on in the background). Not impressed however!

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

KnowYourMarket

Jan 19, 2010, 3:46 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #12 of 55 (4573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sadly more of the UK populance is interested in talking about what happened on Big Brother than who is through to the next round of the FA Vase. So, who is more sad us or them?

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

sjj2112
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 19, 2010, 4:01 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alexandra, Nantwich Town, Ashford Town (Middx), Venezia

Post #13 of 55 (4568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sadly more of the UK populance is interested in talking about what happened on Big Brother than who is through to the next round of the FA Vase. So, who is more sad us or them?

Them. Obviously.

I'm a man of many anoraks.....

buncranaboy

Jan 19, 2010, 4:16 PM

Post #14 of 55 (4566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sjj2112] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Them. Obviously.

I don't mind the women at work prattling on about it, expecting nothing more. I do object however to discussion of such mind-numbing crassness being inserted into news bulletins as if we all have to be kept informed of who's in/out/shaking it all about just in case we'd managed to avoid the programmes themselves.

UKPunk

Jan 19, 2010, 5:01 PM

Post #15 of 55 (4554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Them. Obviously.

I don't mind the women at work prattling on about it, expecting nothing more. I do object however to discussion of such mind-numbing crassness being inserted into news bulletins as if we all have to be kept informed of who's in/out/shaking it all about just in case we'd managed to avoid the programmes themselves.

And the same goes for strictly come dancing and all the other mind numbing, spirit crushing, [email protected] programmes on TV these days. Quite frankly I couldn't care less who's in or out. I'm not interested.

acmold

Jan 19, 2010, 8:05 PM

Post #16 of 55 (4542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or

"And the same goes for strictly come dancing and all the other mind numbing, spirit crushing, [email protected] programmes on TV these days. Quite frankly I couldn't care less who's in or out. I'm not interested".

Another person who does not watch ITV anymore then.

T'Pau
Youth Team Sub

Jan 19, 2010, 8:24 PM

Team(s): Airbus UK, Chester City RIP.

Post #17 of 55 (4537 views)
Shortcut

Don't think I've ever watched any of this reality stuff since it started. I watched that Hell's Kitchen on its first series, but that's it! I agree it is all [email protected]

buncranaboy

Jan 19, 2010, 8:30 PM

Post #18 of 55 (4536 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T'Pau] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Don't even get me started on the millions who sit and watch blokes cooking and abusing anyone within earshot. Then there's hours of rubbish where (mainly) women watch two old stroppy birds castigate Mrs Wannabe-on-telly-at-any-costs for having a dirty house while the dirt and dust piles up around them. Get yer pinnies on FFS.

VP

Jan 19, 2010, 11:40 PM

Post #19 of 55 (4518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T'Pau] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Don't think I've ever watched any of this reality stuff since it started. I watched that Hell's Kitchen on its first series, but that's it! I agree it is all [email protected]

You've mentioned the 'r' word.
How dare they call it reality TV. It's not real! It's more contrived than anything.
The producers and psychologists have a meeting and decide to get a Rastafarian, a lesbian, a gay fella of mixed race, an upper class twit, a radical Christian, a prostitute, an alcoholic, a drug addict, a tourette's sufferer and a right-on vegan and put them all in a room together for ten weeks to see how they react.
Just like in real life.

Or maybe it's just that I live in a boring town. Perhaps in some parts of London this is the reality!

UKPunk

Jan 19, 2010, 11:56 PM

Post #20 of 55 (4510 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
"And the same goes for strictly come dancing and all the other mind numbing, spirit crushing, [email protected] programmes on TV these days. Quite frankly I couldn't care less who's in or out. I'm not interested".

Another person who does not watch ITV anymore then.

Not just ITV, Andy. I think the standard of programming on all stations is at an all time low. Even news programmes these days seem to place more importance on the look of the newsreaders than the content and impartiality of the news being broadcast.

Mishi

Jan 20, 2010, 12:39 AM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #21 of 55 (4501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The only programme I've taken part in a phone vote for was 'Restoration'.

I suppose that's the closest I've got to watching 'reality TV'.

Grounds visited: 744
Last new ground:Sutton Athleticl FC; London Hire Stadium, Hextable, Kent. (Southern Counties East Football League First Division)
Last game: Wednesday 11th September 2019: FC Elmstead 4, Lewisham Borough 1. [Southern Counties East Football League First Division]
Matches watched this season: 37
2017/18-New English grounds: 6; & foreign: 0

leeroy
Youth Team Regular

Jan 20, 2010, 10:33 AM

Post #22 of 55 (4461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You've mentioned the 'r' word.
How dare they call it reality TV. It's not real! It's more contrived than anything.
The producers and psychologists have a meeting and decide to get a Rastafarian, a lesbian, a gay fella of mixed race, an upper class twit, a radical Christian, a prostitute, an alcoholic, a drug addict, a tourette's sufferer and a right-on vegan and put them all in a room together for ten weeks to see how they react.
Just like in real life.

Or maybe it's just that I live in a boring town. Perhaps in some parts of London this is the reality!

I thought they had more than one person on these programmes?

acmold

Jan 20, 2010, 11:34 AM

Post #23 of 55 (4452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or

"Even news programmes these days seem to place more importance on the look of the newsreaders than the content and impartiality of the news being broadcast."

Do you also think there are "hidden messages" in the news read by Sophie Rayworth ?.

Does Kate Silverton really need those glasses or is it for effect ?.

Is Bill Turnbull really mad.

I'm a BBC2 (all versions) & BBC4 (and the odd C4 programme - Time Team, River Cottage) plus Radio 4 & Radio 7 person, repeats of the Navy Lark though 50 years old are still funnier than any comedy that has ever been on BBC3. Dads Army is still one of most viewed programmes on BBC2 despite every episode having been repeated 20 times.

Though I have Sky most "sections" are lost on me and I usually up in the documentries.

I actually watch S4C more than ITV and C5 put together

KnowYourMarket

Jan 20, 2010, 3:41 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #24 of 55 (4425 views)
Shortcut

ydych chi'n ei fwynhau?

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

AndrewG
First Team Star

Jan 21, 2010, 12:16 AM

Team(s):

Post #25 of 55 (4391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Celebrity Big Brother [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
ydych chi'n ei fwynhau?

Why is your Welsh in such a big font?!!!

I'm don't see much S4C, but to answer your question I'm sure most of us on here would most enjoy the football. From my point of view anything involving Elin Fflur is well worth viewing too!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3