Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Games: Twenty Questions:
Twenty Questions #240

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 4, 2010, 2:12 AM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 87 (1489 views)
Shortcut
     Twenty Questions #240   or

Unimpressed

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 4, 2010, 8:10 AM

Team(s): Yeovil, Kettering

Post #2 of 87 (1481 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Jamesie] Twenty Questions #240 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Q: Is it something Swedish, Danish and/or Norwegian?

mip
Man City Transfer Target! / Moderator

Feb 4, 2010, 9:00 AM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #3 of 87 (1477 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Lars] Twenty Questions #240 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Would you believe it, I had considered Bjørge Lillelien's rant as an answer to one of my previous quizzes but decided on something else. Lesson learned, you shouldn't sleep if you want to win.

Well done, Jamesie!! Now if you google "Bjørge Lillelien" what do you then get...

Anyway, is it a ground you've dug up?

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 4, 2010, 10:33 AM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 87 (1468 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Lars] Twenty Questions #240 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Q: Is it something Swedish, Danish and/or Norwegian?

No Lars. Nothing with that region involved.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 4, 2010, 10:35 AM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 87 (1465 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [mip] Twenty Questions #240 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Would you believe it, I had considered Bjørge Lillelien's rant as an answer to one of my previous quizzes but decided on something else. Lesson learned, you shouldn't sleep if you want to win.

Well done, Jamesie!! Now if you google "Bjørge Lillelien" what do you then get...

Anyway, is it a ground you've dug up?

I was going to go for Pickles the dog!

Anyway, I've not been doing any archaeology lately so no, not a ground I've dug up. Nor is a ground in general.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member! / Moderator

Feb 4, 2010, 10:36 AM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #6 of 87 (1464 views)
Shortcut

Another person ?

You gave M.Pascal one hell of a beating.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 4, 2010, 10:38 AM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 87 (1463 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [buncranaboy] Twenty Questions #240 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Another person ?

No not a person Paddy.

mip

Feb 4, 2010, 10:51 AM

Post #8 of 87 (1460 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Anyway, I've not been doing any archaeology lately so no, not a ground I've dug up. Nor is a ground in general.

Oh, but you Scots do have a reputation for digging up, if not grounds, then pitches when you win.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 4, 2010, 10:57 AM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 87 (1458 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Oh, but you Scots do have a reputation for digging up, if not grounds, then pitches when you win.

I'm a strictly goalposts man myself Laugh

Monsieur Pascal
Youth Team Star

Feb 4, 2010, 5:42 PM

Team(s): Coventry City for my sins

Post #10 of 87 (1428 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [buncranaboy] Twenty Questions #240 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Another person ?

Sorry but I don't see it that way. Whether or not Jamesie was prompted by my commentator answer didn't make much difference to my hopes of winning, as I had no knowledge of non-British commentators anyway, and couldn't be arsed to do the research. I can usually narrow down the clues to a reasonable area of possibilities (sometimes) but often that final ball is beyond my reach.

So congrats to Jamesie & I bear no ill will. I'm a fervent team player, but not necessarily the starWink.

Mind you, I'm still disappointed that I didn't get that club in Kenya, when there were only 2 to pick from - about a dozen 20Q's ago I guess...

Pat B
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 4, 2010, 8:51 PM

Post #11 of 87 (1413 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Monsieur Pascal] Twenty Questions #240 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Could it be a club ?

northstandexile
First Team Star

Feb 4, 2010, 10:50 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #12 of 87 (1398 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Pat B] Twenty Questions #240 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Q - Is it a trophy/competition?

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 4, 2010, 11:20 PM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 87 (1390 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Monsieur Pascal] Twenty Questions #240 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To

In Reply To
Another person ?

Sorry but I don't see it that way. Whether or not Jamesie was prompted by my commentator answer didn't make much difference to my hopes of winning, as I had no knowledge of non-British commentators anyway, and couldn't be arsed to do the research. I can usually narrow down the clues to a reasonable area of possibilities (sometimes) but often that final ball is beyond my reach.

So congrats to Jamesie & I bear no ill will. I'm a fervent team player, but not necessarily the starWink.

Mind you, I'm still disappointed that I didn't get that club in Kenya, when there were only 2 to pick from - about a dozen 20Q's ago I guess...

Thanks M.Pascal. I don't believe I gave you a hell of a beating, you simply squared the ball for my tap in. I was there on the break with you though, and if you'd not taken the ball on, I'd have done it anyway and took it round the keeper. I couldn't remember his name, I just googled "Norwegian Commentator" and found it within seconds.

I hope you win this one by the way. Cool

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 4, 2010, 11:22 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 87 (1388 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Pat B] Twenty Questions #240 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Could it be a club ?

No Pat, but don't worry Greater Pembrokeshire could take part in this quiz. I've just found out the county boundaries have been extended to include Michigan, Buenos Aires and Pluto. Laugh

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 4, 2010, 11:23 PM

Team(s):

Post #15 of 87 (1386 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [northstandexile] Twenty Questions #240 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Q - Is it a trophy/competition?

No not this time. I've just noticed everyone has asked their Q on their favourite subject!

mip

Feb 4, 2010, 11:43 PM

Post #16 of 87 (1379 views)
Shortcut

We are awfully predictable.

Blindfolded punt: That two different balls were used in the 1930 World Cup final, an Argentinian one in the 1st half and an Uruguayan one in the 2nd half.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 4, 2010, 11:47 PM

Team(s):

Post #17 of 87 (1375 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
We are awfully predictable.

Blindfolded punt: That two different balls were used in the 1930 World Cup final, an Argentinian one in the 1st half and an Uruguayan one in the 2nd half.

Sadly the ball didn't have bells in it, not that one Michael. You swung your foot and missed the ball... then fell in a comedy fashion on your backside... then a dog came along and cocked his leg... then one of your team mates tripped over your stricken body and stood on your hand... and then... Sly

As I said... no, not that one.

mip

Feb 4, 2010, 11:55 PM

Post #18 of 87 (1372 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Sadly the ball didn't have bells in it, not that one Michael. You swung your foot and missed the ball... then fell in a comedy fashion on your backside... then a dog came along and cocked his leg... then one of your team mates tripped over your stricken body and stood on your hand... and then... Sly

Ah, then it was better than my average performance on a football pitch Crazy.

Since it's none of our favourites, it is then one of yours - an event/occurrence?

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 4, 2010, 11:58 PM

Team(s):

Post #19 of 87 (1368 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Ah, then it was better than my average performance on a football pitch Crazy.

Since it's none of our favourites, it is then one of yours - an event/occurrence?

Exactly! CoolI love leaving little clues... and no it's nothing to do with a player that swung his foot and missed the ball... then fell in a comedy fashion on his backside... then a dog came along and cocked his leg... then one of his team mates tripped over his stricken body and stood on his hand... and then... Sly

buncranaboy

Feb 5, 2010, 12:00 AM

Post #20 of 87 (1365 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Another person ?

Thanks M.Pascal. I don't believe I gave you a hell of a beating, you simply squared the ball for my tap in. I was there on the break with you though, and if you'd not taken the ball on, I'd have done it anyway and took it round the keeper. I couldn't remember his name, I just googled "Norwegian Commentator" and found it within seconds.

Honestly you two! It was a bloody quote from the commentary, not a description of Jamesie's win Crazy

Geronimo time - Ireland's win at Goodison in 1949, becoming the first non-British team to beat England at home.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 5, 2010, 12:05 AM

Team(s):

Post #21 of 87 (1361 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Another person ?

Honestly you two! It was a bloody quote from the commentary, not a description of Jamesie's win Crazy

Geronimo time - Ireland's win at Goodison in 1949, becoming the first non-British team to beat England at home.

D'uh! WE KNOW!!!!!

I'll take that as T'ursdi's guess, as it isn't right.

buncranaboy

Feb 5, 2010, 12:12 AM

Post #22 of 87 (1358 views)
Shortcut

OK then, the question of the Day of Frig, Germanic love goddess etc. Nena, maybe, with shaved pits

Did it occur since 01/01/1980

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 5, 2010, 12:14 AM

Team(s):

Post #23 of 87 (1356 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
OK then, the question of the Day of Frig, Germanic love goddess etc. Nena, maybe, with shaved pits

Did it occur since 01/01/1980

Yes, it did. To be sure.

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Feb 5, 2010, 12:29 AM

Post #24 of 87 (1350 views)
Shortcut

Was this game completed?

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 5, 2010, 12:32 AM

Team(s):

Post #25 of 87 (1348 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Garrincha's dog] Twenty Questions #240 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Was this game completed?

Nothing was implied this was a game GD - ask another.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3