First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 7, 2010, 10:49 AM

Team(s): Torquay United, Real Salt Lake, United Services Portsmouth

Post #1 of 49 (7139 views)
Shortcut
Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? Can't Post or Reply Privately

I saw a game on Saturday when the score was 3-3 in the first half... four of which were penalties and THREE for the same side and ALL scored by the same player.... is this a record or at least must be in one half????

zebedee
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2010, 10:50 AM

Team(s): Southport

Post #2 of 49 (7136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I know Martin Palermo missed a hattrick of penalties in the Copa America a few years ago.

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 7, 2010, 11:50 AM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #3 of 49 (7099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or

I reckon it's pretty rare and the only other occurance I know is a Sheff Wed player did it in the early 1980s.

(This post was edited by Chapeltom on Sep 7, 2010, 12:07 PM)

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 7, 2010, 11:51 AM

Post #4 of 49 (7097 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

in one half?

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 7, 2010, 12:06 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #5 of 49 (7086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or

I think so yes..

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 7, 2010, 12:13 PM

Post #6 of 49 (7074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can anyone confirm that would be interested to know for definite....

Bob L. Hatt
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 7, 2010, 12:20 PM

Team(s): Derby County, Belper Town, Derry City

Post #7 of 49 (7062 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Back in the early eighties I saw Gary Marrow score a hat trick of penalties for Burton Albion, against his former club, Worksop Town!

In fact, I was only talking about it to Gary, the current Stocksbridge manager, in our local pub last night, as we were both enjoying a couple of soda waters, what with us both being abstainers! He has still got the match ball.

Sniff my blog....

https://bobblestravels.blogspot.co.uk

Ropemaker
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 7, 2010, 12:28 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #8 of 49 (7053 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I saw a game on Saturday when the score was 3-3 in the first half... four of which were penalties and THREE for the same side and ALL scored by the same player.... is this a record or at least must be in one half????

Crystal Palace vs Brighton in 1989 saw 5 penalties awarded.

Palace missed 3 of 4.

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 7, 2010, 12:56 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #9 of 49 (7024 views)
Shortcut

I can remember seeing a match at Fratton Park (probably 1979/80) when Colin Garwood took three penalties for Portsmouth, all in the same half at the Milton End. He scored the first two by sending them into the same corner, but by the third penalty the (Aldershot?) keeper had sussed it out and saved to prevent the hat-trick of penalties.

Horace
Junior Team Star

Sep 7, 2010, 1:10 PM

Team(s): Hertford Town, Derby County

Post #10 of 49 (7010 views)
Shortcut

In season 1989/90 (I think) Martin Allinson, brother of ex pro Ian Allinson, playing at right back, scored a hat-trick of penalties for Baldock Town in the home Beazer Homes League Southern Division game against Waterlooville. Unfortunately it wasn't enough as Waterlooville won 4-3. Although the penalties weren't all in one half, it must be rare for a hat-trick of penalties not to win a game!

Mike Blackstone
Junior Team Star

Sep 7, 2010, 1:49 PM

Team(s): Exeter City and Brechin City

Post #11 of 49 (6973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Horace] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

An Exeter City player netted hat-trick of penalties for the reserve team. Stan Cutting hit three against Worcester City in a Southern League fixture at St James' Park in January 1949. Exeter won 4-3.

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2010, 1:51 PM

Post #12 of 49 (6968 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Horace] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I saw Trevor Anderson score 3 penalties in a game, Apr 24th 1975, Swindon Town 5 Walsall 1.

HT score was 2-1 and Walsall's consolation goal was another Penalty, scored by Alan Buckley.

Managed to avoid relegation by 1 point that season.

Redwood
Youth Team Sub

Sep 7, 2010, 1:56 PM

Post #13 of 49 (6960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mike Blackstone] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ryan Harris scored a hat-trick of penalties for Boreham Wood against Berkhamsted Town on 26/Mar/2005 in
a league match at Broughinge Road (sorry, Meadow Park). I'm afraid I do not have access to the timing of
the goals although I was present.

SamBTFC
Youth Team Regular

Sep 7, 2010, 3:15 PM

Team(s): Bathgate Thistle, Hearts, Scotland

Post #14 of 49 (6935 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Redwood] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ex-Jambo, Paul Hartley scored a hat-trick of penalties for Aberdeen v Hamilton a few weeks ago, on his debut. Not in the same half right enough, but still an impressive way to start your career with a new club.

Report and highlights: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8909467.stm

www.bathgatethistlecfc.com

Tivvy_Al
First Team Sub

Sep 7, 2010, 3:57 PM

Post #15 of 49 (6912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SamBTFC] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or

I have a book published in 1984 which highlights 17 instances when a player has scored a hat-trick of penalties. The book covers English and Scottish League and Cup football, no non-league. None of the examples specify whether they were all scored in one half.

I seem to recall (must have been post-1984) Jan Molby scoring thrice from the spot for Liverpool.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

robgrillo
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2010, 5:57 PM

Post #16 of 49 (6853 views)
Shortcut

Silsden's Michael Rhodes scored a hat-trick of penalties, all in the first half v Holker Old Boys five or six years ago.

www.robgrillo.co.uk

Mad Bill
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2010, 8:19 PM

Team(s): Hyde United FC; Lancashire CCC; Buffalo Bills;

Post #17 of 49 (6809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I remember, back in the mid '70s, we lost 5-3 at Nantwich following the concession of three second half pens. Can't swear that Nantwich used the same taker for all three, but you'd imagine so.

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Sep 8, 2010, 12:15 AM

Post #18 of 49 (6734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mad Bill] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The late and much missed Pat Morrissey scored a hat trick of penalties in a Hitachi Cup Final I think about 30 years ago and I also saw a sawn off red headed midfielder playing for Edgware do the same in a league game in the mid 70s

3-1-5-1
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 8, 2010, 4:54 AM

Team(s): Sheff Wed, Gremio, Cwmbran and thirty others

Post #19 of 49 (6709 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I reckon it's pretty rare and the only other occurance I know is a Sheff Wed player did it in the early 1980s.

Andy Blair in the League Cup against Luton in 1984.
One was in the first half and two in the second IIRC.
Can't check as the video is packed away in storage, but it definitely wasn't three in the first half!

Eu sou Gaucho!

ARL
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 8, 2010, 8:26 AM

Team(s): Tring Town 1987-2003, Leverstock Green 2003-

Post #20 of 49 (6680 views)
Shortcut
Re: [3-1-5-1] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

James Armstrong scored a hat-trick of penalties for Leverstock Green at Ruislip Manor in 2007 - he won all the penalties as well!

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/mr20071210.htm

(This post was edited by ARL on Sep 8, 2010, 8:27 AM)

grantham
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 8, 2010, 10:38 AM

Post #21 of 49 (6653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ARL] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Mark Harbottle scored a hat-trick of penalties in the same half against his former club Ilkeston Town, during Grantham's 1997/98 League Championship season, finishing above.........Ilkeston Town

The Football Archives -------- Programmehut.com

classic blonde1
Ballboy/girl

Sep 8, 2010, 5:34 PM

Post #22 of 49 (6581 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I can remember watching an FA Amateur Cup-tie between Hampton v Wembley in the late 60's where Hampton were awarded three penalties during the course of the game and failed to convert any,despite three different players (Lance Wintle,Ken Merry and Don Aldridge) taking the kicks.The game ended in a draw and Wembley won the replay.

Romboro
Youth Team Star

Sep 8, 2010, 5:52 PM

Team(s): Romford FC

Post #23 of 49 (6575 views)
Shortcut
Re: [classic blonde1] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I can remember watching an FA Amateur Cup-tie between Hampton v Wembley in the late 60's where Hampton were awarded three penalties during the course of the game and failed to convert any,despite three different players (Lance Wintle,Ken Merry and Don Aldridge) taking the kicks.The game ended in a draw and Wembley won the replay.

On a similar thread we played a first and reserve team pre season friendly at Felixstowe & Walton and during the reserve game the same penalty had to be retaken twice due to keeper encroachment with the same Romford player taking and failing with all three attempts.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 8, 2010, 11:02 PM

Post #24 of 49 (6505 views)
Shortcut
Re: [classic blonde1] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Now that's what I call naming and shaming. Tongue

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Mike Odgers
Youth Team Regular

Nov 5, 2011, 6:57 PM

Team(s): Falmouth Town

Post #25 of 49 (6251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Penalty Hatrick - A Record???? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Today 5th. Nov
CSWPL Prem Falmouth Town 4 Cullompton Rangers 1

Hat Trick of Penalties by Skipper Mark Vercesi (1first Half 2 second)

I gather it is quite rare -has it been achieved so far this season by any other club?

Also this is the 11th consecutive win (all games) with a goal return of 60

Just received the goal times 42m-50m-58m which is a hat trick in 16minutes

(This post was edited by Mike Odgers on Nov 5, 2011, 10:10 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3