Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY LEAGUE

First page Previous page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 Next page Last page  View All

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Nov 28, 2018, 10:33 PM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #2676 of 2678 (3129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sale Holmfield] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY LEAGUE [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wednesday 28th November 2018
Yorkshire Academy 22 Australian Schoolboys 30 (HT 12-4)
Tour Match @ Wheldon Road, Castleford RLFC (7.30pm)
Admission 5 (including teamsheet)
Attendance 1,500 (estimate)
The usual refreshments available (didn't sample)

The Junior Kangaroos overturned a 4-16 deficit after 44 minutes to maintain a 100 per cent start to their five-date England tour. Valiant effort from Yorkshire Academy, who gave the tourists a much sterner examination than the lame England Colleges rep side did last weekend up at Newcastle. There wasn't much between the teams though, almost inevitably, the Aussie youngsters had that extra quality and speed of action, allowing them to open up in a flash the opposition defence when nothing looked on.

Crucially, the tourists scored three tries in six minutes (and three sets) to go 22-16 ahead by the 54th. Zac Cini, switching after the break from left wing to inside centre, contributed two of them, taking his tally to six in two matches. A 30-metre interception try three minutes later, by two-try centre Jack Broadbent, saw Yorkshire level at 22-22, but the Aussies clinched a deserved victory with touchdowns in the 66th and 70th minutes. Scrum-half Mikey Lewis also crossed twice for Yorkshire. I enjoyed the open, eventful second half more than the first, which was a bit too cagey and formulaic for my taste. Unlike the tour opener at Newcastle, this match had 40-minute halves. The Junior Kangaroos face Lancashire Academy on Saturday at the Manchester Regional Arena. A third game in six days for the tourists is likely to assist the hosts. On this evidence, I can see England Academy winning at least one of the tour-ending Tests, at Leigh and Leeds.

I've been to Wheldon Road many times over the years, though this was the first occasion on which I've sat in the main stand, the oldest part of a very traditional rugby league ground. Seen up close, the wooden main stand really is a museum piece. With a new stadium planned - but not begun - for Cas, Wheldon Road, three sides of which are terracing, is on borrowed time. When full, it's a wonderful arena. To my surprise, the whole ground was open this evening. Spotted among the onlookers were Leeds director of rugby Kevin Sinfield and York head coach James Ford.

For sporting (and other) images, visit https://www.flickr.com/photos/feversham/

Ground/venue totals: Football 900; Rugby Union 264; Rugby League 214; Cricket 125; Speedway 53; Stock Cars 25; Grasstrack 15; Ice Hockey 15; Cycle Speedway 4; Greyhounds 2.

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Nov 28, 2018, 10:53 PM)

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2018, 8:11 AM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #2677 of 2678 (3064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY LEAGUE [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Wednesday 28th November 2018
Yorkshire Academy 22 Australian Schoolboys 30 (HT 12-4)
Tour Match @ Wheldon Road, Castleford RLFC (7.30pm)
Admission 5 (including teamsheet)
Attendance 1,500 (estimate)
The usual refreshments available (didn't sample)

My crowd estimate was way out! 850 present, according to the RFL.

For sporting (and other) images, visit https://www.flickr.com/photos/feversham/

Ground/venue totals: Football 900; Rugby Union 264; Rugby League 214; Cricket 125; Speedway 53; Stock Cars 25; Grasstrack 15; Ice Hockey 15; Cycle Speedway 4; Greyhounds 2.

onion_bag
Reserve Team Star

Dec 9, 2018, 10:10 PM

Post #2678 of 2678 (1538 views)
Shortcut
Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY LEAGUE [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Semi-Final Yorkshire Cup
Lock Lane 32 - Cutsyke Raiders 24
atten 500+
entry 2

Pulsating afternoons entertainment in this gritty West Yorkshire derby.

It was non stop action as both teams locked horns and the result was always in doubt until the last play of the game.Full credit to both teams as they entertained the bumper crowd with plenty of bone crunching tackles.

After watching this .... who needs football ?

Photos from Lock Lane

http://onion-bag.blogspot.co.uk//
http://rugbyleaguegrounds.blogspot.co.uk/

First page Previous page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3