Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION

First page Previous page 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 Next page Last page  View All

Mike S
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 20, 2019, 9:03 PM

Post #1751 of 1751 (205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Old Colfeians 18 Matson 19
Intermediate Cup National semi final
Admission 5 including prog
Attendance c700 but would not be surprised if 200 less or 500 more
Working in London Thursday to Sunday but managed to rejig things to get an early finish today and then found few if any fixtures of interest. I had been aware of this for a while, not because I am actually an Old Colfeian as I have not been near the school or seen anyone from there apart from family members for 40 years but through previous results and twitter
Parked after last call in Wembley about 12.30 then tube, train and bus to venue. I had visited but not for competitive RU and knew the venue from years ago. Slightly surprised therefore to find a 120 seat stand and welcome shade and what is otherwise a roped off pitch
Colfeians dominated the first half and should have been more than 18 ahead with better kicking and dominating the scrum. Matson scored in the first minute of second half and dominated from then on. In injury time OC's gained yard and yard and set up a kick when a few inches wide
A close game is always interesting but could not get into this. many stoppages so a post 4.50 finish and no one in the stand had the ability to sit still, getting drinks, going to mates and people just standing in the way. the winners go to Twickenham, possibly for the last time as time as the RFU have overspent and are severely reducing expenditure on the amateur game in all departments and finals days is considered expensive. No cuts for the big boys however

First page Previous page 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3