Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Hornchurchspur
Youth Team Sub

Feb 5, 2018, 12:43 PM

Post #351 of 369 (5493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rob North] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi Rob

Everything was sparkling and new and hopefully not yet in need of any maintenance! There were long queues to get in but I think this was due to some teething problems with scanning the ticket bar codes, particularly those presented on mobile phones. There were plenty of reception and security staff about to direct people around and everybody seemed happy with what they found. Hopefully I'll arrive a bit earlier on Wednesday to have a look at the other facilities – I'll let you know if I spot any problems.

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 5, 2018, 3:24 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #352 of 369 (5467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornchurchspur] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Speaking to a fellow Streatham fan at our game with you yesterday, he went to your game v. Cardiff, and he was suitably impressed, calling it 'a slightly bigger version of Streatham'.

Grounds visited: 732
Last new ground:Old Rutlishians' FC; Poplar Road, Merton Park, London, SW19. (Surrey South Eastern Combination Division One)
Last game: Friday 19th October 2018: Croydon 2, Lewes 3. [FA Youth Cup 3rd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 75
2017/18-New English grounds: 9; & foreign: 2

The Wall
Reserve Team Regular

Feb 6, 2018, 12:48 AM

Post #353 of 369 (5399 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

STREATHAM REDHAWKS Weekend double

Saturday: Footie first at Long Stoke 0 vs Rockleaze Rangers 3

SWINDON WILDCATS 8 Streatham RedHawks 3
@ the Link Centre Adm £15 Con £12 Prog £2.50

Streatham with just one Player missing put in a poor performance, starting badly with a time out called at 06.06 by Cornish after a second goal to Wildcats, resulting in no further Goals scored in the period. Second no better Wildcats scoring two more before conceding a goal, before adding a further two to finish 6-1 at end of 2nd. In a game of only five minor two minute Penalty calls Wildcats always had the upper hand, scoring two in the final period before RedHawks pulled two back late on to finish with a little more respectable scoreline.

Sunday: Following on to Crystal Palace 1 Newcastle 1

STREATHAM REDHAWKS 4 London Raiders 3
@the High Road Adm £10 Con £6 Prog £2

The eighth meeting between the Clubs this Season, all closely contested RedHawks winning 4 Raiders 3 with five of them by the odd goal, the other two by a 2 goal margin. Low Scoring as well, 20-19 in total overall.

The Game started with a bang RedHawks leading 3-1 with just 04.10 on the clock and adding a fourth from a Power Play in the opening period. With just one minor period called in the period, the 2nd produced two more minors, but importantly no further Goals. The Game was pretty even until then until Raiders scores twice by the 50th minute to make it 4-3 however their enthusiasm got the better of them when Ollie Baldock, scorer of two good Goals speared Ryan Watt resulting in the inevitable fight with Baldock receiving a Match Penalty, the winner Watt 6 minutes. The Game turned a little frisky however despite pressure RedHawks held firm. Raiders not helped with 10 seconds remaining and the Keeper pulled, Munroe dropped Gloves with RedHawks Paynter effectively bringing the game to a standstill with no time remaining to push on. Munroe however was rewarded by being made Raiders man of the Match !

The Wall
Reserve Team Regular

Feb 8, 2018, 10:10 AM

Post #354 of 369 (5249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Wall] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Streatham RedHawks vs London Raiders

Previous Post has an error, but no EDIT facility available ?

It was Callum Wells who dropped gloves with Paynter, not that it’s that ithat relevant ! however wouldn’t want to be accused of giving wrong factual information.

More to the point, attended the Raiders last night, met up with a fellow Poster who had driven up from Tiverton for the occasion, must confess believe Rink Seating is better, both in number of Seats and height than Streatham’s new Rink. Bad planning that the Toilets are close to the Dressing Rooms and no access when Players are passing around, just the time most people wish to use.

The Game itself was of a good standard, Wildcats easing to a 2-0 at end of 1st, Raiders Scoring two inside 40 secs midway thru the 2nd , then an immediate Widcat time out call with raised voices !.. Got the result as Wildcats scored to finish 2-3 at end of 2nd then added a fourth early in final. Raiders upped their game pulling a Goal back on 47.39 and finding an equaliser 56.38. Frantic from both sides leaving a final 4-4 and leading to a shoot out with Marek Nahlik netting the winner for the Raiders.

Location is Central, less than 400 yards from Romford Station and having to pass two Spoons to get there, Prog was £3 Concession over 65’s £9.45. Will visit again if nothing better on a Sunday night.

For some reason EDIT button available !

(This post was edited by The Wall on Feb 8, 2018, 10:58 AM)

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Feb 11, 2018, 10:06 PM

Team(s): Hants/Middx/Sussex Non-League, Brentford, THFC, Eastleigh, SC Freiburg

Post #355 of 369 (5090 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Wall] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Elite League

Guildford Flames 4 Sheffield Steelers 2

admission £16-75 with booking fee
, programme downloadable via internet, attendance 1966
6th v 4th/12
We wanted that win so badly! In their first season in the Elite, Flames have now beaten every team at least once. Steelers had previously put seven past Flames both times they had played. Steelers were missing couple of 'names' but still provided formidable opposition. The officials seemed to like them too, so beating them was even sweeter for the unusually animated crowd. Great atmosphere as Steelers brought down a lot of fans.
The first period was fast and furious, pretty even for the first half of it, but Flames took the game to their opponents and took the lead with 1:04 to go.
In the second the visitors came back and put Flames under more pressure. On 26 mins they equalised as a shot hit Marquardt's face mask and went into the net, After checking it on video the ref gave the goal. Soon afterwards home netminder Carozzi made a great save one on one. Flames came back towards the end of the period, but were hit with a 3 v 5 in the final two minutes after a couple of soft calls. They survived this, which was a crucial point in the match.
In the third it started pretty evenly but Flames took the lead on 45:30 with a nice turn and shot by Watters. Steelers put the pressure on, Flames defended well, and looked dangerous on the break, so things got exciting. Steelers equalised with 8 mins to go, but 2:30 later a great break by Flames gave them the lead for the third time. With two mins to go the ref again intervened, giving Lidhammar a dodgy penalty, upgraded to 10 mins misconduct as he continued to dispute it. This meant that Flames weren't short on the ice as Steelers pulled their NM and desperately went for the equaliser, only for Flames to break and Watters got the empty netter with 0:39 remaining to the loudest cheer I've ever heard at the Spectrum.
Possibly the best I've seen Flames play, everyone worked their socks off, some great combinations, and the reluctance to shoot is now a thing of the past.

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Feb 11, 2018, 10:08 PM)

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Feb 25, 2018, 10:44 PM

Post #356 of 369 (4780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HantsLondoner] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Elite League

Guildford Flames 4 Manchester Storm 1

, programme downloadable via internet, attendance 1735
6th v 2nd/12
Storm are the hot team just now in the Elite, most of the top points scorers play for them, and they had a superb 3-1 over leaders Cardiff Devils last night.
Today they got stuffed by Flames in what must be one of the home team's best performances this season.
Due to the vagarities (and repetition) of the fixture list, this exact match up also took place last Sun, Flames came back from 0-3 to 3-3 but lost on penalties.
Storm started well but Flames got their measure and looked dangerous, They took the lead after 12:30 as Dunbar suddenly broke down the middle and finished well. Towards the end of the period Flames were on a 5 v 3 and got a well-worked second a minute before the end of the first period.
In the second Flames ripped into their opponents, playing some superb hockey. Visiting netminder Clemente has the best stats this season and showed why with some great saves. He's also known for his ability to kick the net off when under pressure - today he managed at least six. Flames scored a third halfway through the period, and, although they had another 5 v 3 later on, they didn't fully take advantage of their superiority and put the game to bed (shots 18-5 in this period).
So when Storm came out for the third with all guns blazing, Flames fans were not completely comfortable. Storm had a goal disallowed 37 seconds into the period after a VAR check. As well as fast, skilful hockey, Storm also gooned it up. Flames star defender Craige was helped off with concussion after a disgusting hit which the refs didn't give, but hopefully DOPS will. There were a couple of other nasty ones later on, together with incessant whinging. Pity, because Storm were doing well on the play - they reduced the deficit with 13 mins still to go, and continued to threaten, but a Flames goal four mins later more or less killed the game off, although there was still a lot of work to do. Good game, good atmosphere.

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Feb 25, 2018, 11:42 PM)

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Feb 27, 2018, 9:39 PM

Post #357 of 369 (4692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HantsLondoner] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 24th February
Elite League
Belfast Giants 2-1 Sheffield Steelers
Adm £16 + £1.50 fee

My first contribution here as this was only my second ever ice hockey game following a Nottingham Panthers game over 35 years ago when my dad got free tickets from someone at work! But when you're staying in the Premier inn literally next door to the arena, it seemed rude not to.

Despite the low score we both found this an entertaining evening and both said we might venture to more games. From our admittedly rudimentary viewing, it did indeed seem a fairly level game with neither side really dominating for long periods. There was certainly enough goal mouth action even if only three were converted.

It was a good atmosphere created both for and by the 5187 crowd with lots of give-aways etc. There were a couple of robust challenges but no punch-ups, even though we both thought it might kick off a couple of times.

Hornchurchspur
Youth Team Sub

Mar 18, 2018, 9:50 PM

Post #358 of 369 (4442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

NIHL South 1 Play Offs Quarter Final 2nd Leg
London Raiders 4 Bracknell Bees 2 (aggregate 10-7)
Admission £8 (concession) Attendance 1200

After winning last night's first leg 6-5, London Raiders finished the job tonight with a 4-2 victory in front of boisterous sell-out crowd at the new Romford rink. Raiders were well on top in the first period outshooting their opponents by 16 shots to 4 but, despite having two power play opportunities, they were unable to score. This was rectified within ten seconds of the restart as a shot rebounded off the backboards and, with the netminder seemingly unaware, the puck was turned in to double the aggregate lead. Bracknell needed to up their game and they did so aided by two Raiders penalties. Both powerplays resulted in goals, the first poked in following a goalmouth scramble and the second slotted into an empty net after a close range shot bounced off netminder Gray. With the aggregate scores level it was now end to end stuff but Raiders restored their overall lead on 38 minutes with a long range strike to the far corner by Sylvester. The score stayed this way into the final period but, as Bracknell were forced to push forward, gaps began to appear at the back and eventually Nahlik netted Raider's third with a cool finish following a well worked two-on-one break. In desperation Bracknell withdrew their net minder with just over two minutes to go and committed to all out attack but when the puck fell to Sylvester his lobbed clearance bounced all the way down the rink and into the unguarded net. That was game over although there was still time for Bracknell to lose two players for ten minute misconduct penalties and for Raiders to concede two minor penalties and see out the remaining seconds with only three skaters.

So Raider's slight superiority in league position (4th v 5th) was confirmed in this first stage of the play offs. Next week's semi final against the regular season's top team Basingstoke is likely to be an even sterner test. Hopefully entrance arrangements might be a little better organised than tonight's unexpected 20 minute wait in the freezing cold given that everybody had prepaid tickets.

(This post was edited by Hornchurchspur on Mar 18, 2018, 10:22 PM)

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 20, 2018, 12:25 AM

Post #359 of 369 (4378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornchurchspur] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

NHL @ Air Canada Centre, 17/3/18

Toronto Maple Leafs 4-0 Montreal Canadiens

Only my second NHL game (first was in Vancouver some years ago), and in this most intense of rivalry (I think the screens said this was their 738th meeting) rarely can there have been such a one-sided encounter.

Goals in all 3 periods (with 2 in the middle period) saw the Leafs delight a St Patrick's Day fuelled crowd (the team were known as St Pat's for a while in their early days) and they are well in touch for a play-off berth. The final goal was scored by Swede, Andreas Johnsson in only his 2nd NHL game after being promoted from their second string team, the Toronto Marlies.

The arena is easily reached, lying adjacent to the main railway station (Union Station) and is on subway and streetcar routes. Steeply banked on all 4 sides with excellent sight lines from all around, it is also used by the Raptors of the NBA.

No paper (unlike my previous NHL game), and refreshments maybe a tad cheaper than the New York MLS venues of the previous weekend, but still high enough to put one off.

A great end to a great sporting fortnight for me!

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Mar 24, 2018, 10:37 PM

Post #360 of 369 (4226 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Elite League

Guildford Flames 3 Braehead Clan 1

, programme downloadable via internet, attendance 1982
7th v 8th
Last home game of the regular season, glad to see that there was something still on the game. Flames qualified for the playoffs (top 8) a couple of weeks ago but Clan were in desperate need of a win tonight to have a chance of qualifying.
Clan started the first period well, but Flames showed they were not taking a night off. Clan did take the lead on 11:30 after a long pass caught out the home defence, but Flames started to apply the pressure and equalised fairly quickly. As it got competitive, there were a few handbags and while it was 4 v 4 Flames took the lead after a swift break with a brilliant piece of skill by Reddick, who then set up Dunbar to score at the far post. Clan were starting to get a bit frustrated by the end.
Surprisingly most of the second period was relatively quiet - Flames had most of the possession but not many shots on goal. Reddick made it 3-1 with 8 mins to and Clan then started to apply the pressure, but with no success by the end of the period. One wondered whether Flames had done enough with the expected Clan onslaught in the third.
In fact the home team again had the better of the first half of the final period, again without adding to their score. In the final ten Clan started to press again but the Flames defence and netminder Carrozzi were impressive. On the break Flames had two one-on-ones to wrap it up but Clan netminder Nie saved both. Nie was pulled for the last two mins but Clan didn't really get near and Flames completed a fairly comfortable victory. News came through of Coventry Blaze's win, which means Clan don't make the playoffs. Good turnout from their fans tonight, hard luck to them.
Tonight I completed my aim of seeing every Elite team once in the Flames' first season at this level. I must say I've thoroughly enjoyed it, a standard of hockey I haven't experienced since my first season watching hockey, in Germany. Flames were not expected to do particularly well with a 'young, lightweight' team but they've surpassed all expectations, reaching the playoffs, the quarter-finals of the cup and pushing Storm in their Conference. In the 11 games I saw they only lost once in normal time. There are two points separating 3rd and 7th after 55 games - Flames are 7th at the moment but with a game at Blaze tomorrow, it will be interesting to see where they finish. And whom they draw in the play-offs as a result.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Mar 25, 2018, 12:13 AM)

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Apr 15, 2018, 8:42 PM

Post #361 of 369 (3951 views)
Shortcut

English National League Division 2 South Play Off Quarter Final

Solent Devils 6 Slough Jets 3

Admission £9-00 inc programme attendance est 200
2nd v 7th in regular season.
Unexpected bonus - this should have been over two legs, but the only ice time available for either team was tonight.
Jets were a big name in British hockey until financial problems a few years ago caused them to drop to this level - they've done well to survive.
Devils won 14-3 in the home league game but Jets have improved a lot since then, as was evident at the start.
The visitors started the better and home NM C.Cole had to make several saves early on. But a goal by Lock settled home nerves down, and the Devils had more of the game with the Jets battling well in quite a fast and physical game. Devils extended their lead midway through the period.
In the second Jets again started well and this time reduced the arrears after only a minute of the period after a good long pass was picked up and finished well. But Devils soon made it 3-1 on a well-worked powerplay. Near the end of the period we had a goal for each side (C.Cole will want his back) plus a reasonable fight in which captain A.Cole showed his young Slough counterpart a few things. The visitors were still in the game.
A slight delay for Mr.Evans waiting for the ice to dry seemed to slow Slough down at the start of the third, and it was Devils who extended their lead further, and midway through the period they got another, to make the game safe, despite a defensive error gifting Jets a third soon after. Jets had battled well but Devils had too much for them, as evidenced by the 60-20 shot count.
The playoffs will be held in Bracknell next weekend; Devils have got Guildford Phoenix (who denied the hosts their place at the event) and Oxford take on Chelmsford in the other game.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Apr 15, 2018, 8:53 PM)

harrierjames
Junior Team Sub

Jul 25, 2018, 11:54 PM

Team(s): Kidderminster Harriers, Hallam FC, Sheffield FC, Sheffield United

Post #362 of 369 (3235 views)
Shortcut

The Elite League fixture list has now been released - plenty of hockey to look forward to! (https://eliteleague.co.uk/game-centre/schedule/).

Along with Freesports bringing one game a fortnight to households across the UK and also a fortnightly highlights show on a Wednesday (https://eliteleague.co.uk/2018/07/20/elite-league-to-be-televised-on-freesports/)

Also can I recommend the Sheffield Steelers' fixtures and especially the £5 games - great price if you've never seen ice hockey before. Starts with the league opener on September 8th against MK Lightning and a few others dotted around on various Wednesdays. (https://twitter.com/steelershockey/status/1022212537436307466)
Sheffield's Saturday games (7pm faceoff) are also great for anyone who'd in the area for football and looking to double up and get two sports fixtures in on one day!

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Sep 2, 2018, 11:31 PM

Post #363 of 369 (2857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [harrierjames] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pre-Season Challenge Match

Guildford Flames 7 MK Lightning 4

admission £17-33 with booking fee, programme downloadable via internet, attendance 1585
7th v 11th in Elite last season.
As I'm sure you know, there is no such thing as a friendly match in ice-hockey, especially between these two rivals. Yesterday they played at MK, the home team won 5-2, and there was an outbreak of penalties, mostly on the Flames. Tonight it was Lightning's turn; they were 30-odd to nil up on penalties until a nice bundle on 37 mins after home keeper Carrozzi was touched by an MK player changed all that.
As expected, Flames looked rusty, yesterday's game being their first, and were missing three regulars due to them still playing elsewhere in the world. Although the home team had more possession and more shots in the first period, their defence looked a bit dodgy and MK took the lead on a break, short handed. Flames quickly equalised but a defensive error later on in the period cost them another goal, again quickly cancelled out, so 2-2 at the end of the first. In the second Lightning again couldn't keep out of the penalty box - in fact Flames had three 5-on-3s during this period. They appreciated the practice and got a couple of goals, plus a short-handed one themselves, to go 6-2 up. In the third Flames got another short-handed goal, but this time it was they who had penalty trouble to allow Lightning to get a couple of goals back.
Not a bad game, both sides had some good play and both sides have room for improvement. MK have more new players than Guildford.
A bit of stability in GB League hockey this season - in the Elite, Edinburgh Capitals have gone, and Braehead Clan are now Glasgow Clan, but that's all.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Sep 2, 2018, 11:31 PM)

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Sep 16, 2018, 10:08 PM

Post #364 of 369 (2665 views)
Shortcut

Elite League

Guildford Flames 5 Sheffield Steelers 1

admission £17-33 with booking fee
, programme downloadable via internet, attendance 1679
7th v 3rd/12last season
First league game of the season, and Steelers were flattered by this result as Flames stuffed them. Revenge for the play-off defeat last season. I recognised very few Steelers names from last season, a new coach as well as a new squad, and it didn't go well for them tonight. It wasn't all their fault as Flames were really good, some of the new boys are definite improvements on last season, with some of the stars from last season still there too.
In the first, Flames quickly got into their stride and scored after 8 mins. Both sides hit the post soon after, Flames still looked lively, but the visitors were getting better and Flames were 3 on 5 towards the end of the period, which they survived to lead 1-0. Shots 16-7.
In the second Steelers hit the post and missed an open goal from the rebound. Two goals in four mins for the Flames put them in control and resulted in a visiting timeout. Steelers got a bit better but a goal near the end of the period killed them off. Shots 14-10.
In the third Steelers became more physical and gradually started to lose it with lots of penalties (36 in all). Flames had two 5 on 3s during the period. They should have increased their lead well before 11 mins into the period, which caused Steelers to change their NM (Whistle hadn't played badly, actually). Disappointingly Steelers got a consolation 5 mins from the end on a rare power-play, but near the end it was standing-room only in the penalty box with a couple of 2+10s. Shots 20-9.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Sep 16, 2018, 11:20 PM)

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Oct 14, 2018, 10:23 PM

Post #365 of 369 (1106 views)
Shortcut

Elite League

Guildford Flames 5 Fife Flyers 6

admission £17-33 with booking fee, programme downloadable via internet, attendance 1623
5th v 3rd/11
Superb game, Flames came back four times, took the lead and still managed to lose, despite being ahead 52-33 on shots. The vagarities of the fixture list meant that Flames had travelled to Belfast on Wed (TV coverage), and to Fife last night (lost 3-6).
But both teams produced a dynamic start tonight, three goals in less than four mins. Flyers took the lead with a break, a shot almost saved, and almost cleared off the line, but not quite. Flames equalised seconds later, only to concede again very quickly. Flames then took the attack to Flyers, with the visitors looking dangerous on the break. Flames equalised around 11 mins after a nice move, and they thought they had taken the lead at about 14:30 after a scramble but after checking the replay the refs decided it had been kicked in. In fact it was the Flyers who retook the lead with 17 secs left after a break straight through the middle.
Flames equalised again on 25 mins, lovely finish, and then were given a penalty shot on 27:30 as a break through the middle saw a 'last man' foul. Janssen jinked this way and that to try and beat NM Owen but eventually ended up overrunning the puck. On 29 mins we had a fight, Flames' Baldwin taking down Flyers' Gauthier. This inspired Flyers to take the lead for the fourth time, from a rebound. But with 1:03 to go Flames made it 4-4 after lots of pressure (25-6 shots in this period).
In the third Flames took the lead for the first time with a shot through a group of players, only to concede an equaliser 23 secs later. Both teams searched for the winner and it was Flyers who got it through Crowder with 9 mins left. Flames tried very hard and pulled the NM near the end but to no avail. Flyers look even better than last season.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Oct 14, 2018, 10:24 PM)

The Wall
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 22, 2018, 2:27 PM

Post #366 of 369 (807 views)
Shortcut

Eight Games into the Season, the first 6 all EIHL South 1 of which four with Streatham, nothing worth mentioning at this time, other than perhaps that MK Thunder issued a decent Prog for a £1, whilst Peterborough Phantoms no longer issue, but have a free Team Sheet.

Friday saw my first top level Game of the Season

MILTON KEYNES LIGHTENING vs Belfast Giants
Adm £13 Con Prog £3

Had booked a Hotel for the night, enroute to Cleethorpes Town Sat., so felt prudent to buy an advanced ticket, but found the Rink less than 25 o/o full and advised that they they “never sell out, especially on a Friday”.

As we all know the standard of the Players is much higher than the lower, still must admit a little surprised by how much, both individual and Team play. The result was never in doubt, Belfast scoring two early goals, with Lightening pulling one back in the 2nd before a further two from Belfast finalised the scoring at 1-4.

Sunday at STREATHAM REDHAWKS vs Swindon Wildcats
Adm £7 Con Prog £2

The previous night the reverse fixture was played at Swindon, who had
won all their previous League Games without conceding a Goal, still Streatham pullled off a very unexpected 4-1 Victory, so expectations were greater than anticipated.

However the better Team on the night won it, Wildcats scoring two early goals before Streatham scored a PP to be 1-2 down at end of period. Wildcats added a further two before a goal apiece left it 2-5 at end of period. Swindon added a further on 44.42 effectively game over, however Streatham responded on 47.22 to 3-6 which lead to a committed fight back, another goal on 52.36 proved insufficient despite having the majority of the action, but with two minutes remaining the Keeper was pulled leading to a final nail on 58.08 and a final result of 4-7.

Off to Belgrade this weekend, they had a Hockey Team last year but nothing found, possible with local knowledge will get some answers !

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Nov 9, 2018, 8:57 AM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #367 of 369 (313 views)
Shortcut

I see Planet Ice aims to open a new ice rink on Elland Road, Leeds, in January 2019. First proposed in 2012, the development has been hit by snags and delays. All good now, it appears. Does anybody know of plans to base an ice hockey team there?

For sporting (and other) images, visit https://www.flickr.com/photos/feversham/

Ground/venue totals: Football 899; Rugby Union 261; Rugby League 213; Cricket 125; Speedway 53; Stock Cars 25; Grasstrack 15; Ice Hockey 15; Cycle Speedway 4; Greyhounds 2.

Seagull
First Team Star

Nov 9, 2018, 3:50 PM

Post #368 of 369 (274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They have advertised for interested parties who wish to run the ice hockey franchise to talk to them with a view to starting in September 2019.

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Nov 11, 2018, 10:09 PM

Post #369 of 369 (157 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Seagull] Where are you going - where did you go? ICE HOCKEY [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Elite League

Guildford Flames 1 Nottingham Panthers 4

admission £17-33 with booking fee, programme downloadable via internet, attendance 1741
5th v 3rd/11
Flames' seven game winning run was halted here by Panthers, who have faded recently, but played better here the game went on and gained a deserved victory. Flames looked a bit flat after winning 6-5 at Steelers last night. The first period was quite physical and close-run. Flames had slightly the better of things and took the lead after 9:20. There were several scrambles around the visitors' net but NM Garnett had a great night. There were a few flare-ups too, mainly caused by the visitors.
In the second, Panthers came out powerfully and equalised early on. The game was then quite even, still physical, and again Garnett and good defending kept the scores level.
In the third the visitors upped their game and Flames had no answer. Halfway through the period Panthers took the lead through Rissling and had the initiative. Pitcher then robbed a defender and finished well to kill the game. The best goal of the game was an empty-netter at the end, Farmer won the ball superbly to set up Guptill for a great finish.
Seemed quieter than usual tonight. Two Zambonis to clear the ice today, one seemed to be following the other....

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Nov 11, 2018, 10:10 PM)

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3