First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 30, 2012, 12:37 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 167 (50830 views)
Shortcut
NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

..... as the title says please post any errors or corrections that need doing on this thread.

This season the '0-0 win' is now catered for, you don't need to post them on here. Simply enter the score as 99-0 to whichever team has been awarded the game and this will be recorded as a 0-0 win.

Thanks

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 30, 2012, 1:44 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #2 of 167 (50822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Time to play naming police....

Atherton LR should be Atherton Laburnum Rovers.

Chester-le-Street are missing Town from their name - and a little L in 'le'

Eversley should be Eversley & California

Haringey & Waltham are missing the Development part of their name

Peterborough Northern Star instead of N Star

Rushden & Higham are missing their United suffix

Bemerton Heath are mssing their Harlequins suffix. East Cowes Victoria are missing the Athletic suffix.

Longwell Green are missing their Sports suffix

And some clubs randomly have FC after their name for no apparent reason! Looks a little inconsistent (but that may just be me being picky).

Otherwise good job in getting it all up and running for the new season! Wink

multilevel
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 30, 2012, 8:36 PM

Post #3 of 167 (50793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Please can Goldington Hammers be removed from the Bedfordshire County Football League Division 4 as they have withdrawn from the league.

Many thanks.

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 30, 2012, 9:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 167 (50788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [multilevel] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Please can Goldington Hammers be removed from the Bedfordshire County Football League Division 4 as they have withdrawn from the league.

Many thanks.

To John..... don't delete this team. At the moment I am not sure if this will delete the team from a previous season aswell which renders that archive useless.

For the time being, if their results have been annulled it is better to just delete their results and leave them sitting at the bottom of the table with a PL 0 record.

johnanderson
Reserve Team Star

Sep 3, 2012, 9:25 PM

Team(s): bolton,farsley celtic, ossett albion, ossett town, budleigh salterton,

Post #5 of 167 (50713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

I've made these amendments including Chester-le Street even though the Northern League site shows 'Le' with a capital. I agree with Sarumio and Wikipedia, it should be a small 'le.'Cool

Sarumio

Sep 3, 2012, 10:09 PM

Post #6 of 167 (50702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnanderson] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I've made these amendments including Chester-le Street even though the Northern League site shows 'Le' with a capital. I agree with Sarumio and Wikipedia, it should be a small 'le.'Cool

As should Walsham-le-Willows Tongue

bakis
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 4, 2012, 10:28 AM

Team(s): Kidderminster Harriers

Post #7 of 167 (50675 views)
Shortcut

On the Sussex County mileage charts Southwick & Shoreham are in the wrong divisions. Given how close they are this makes little difference to totals and averages!

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 4, 2012, 12:50 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #8 of 167 (50664 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakis] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

My Fault! Will get the correct charts to Steve later tonight.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

royals26

Sep 9, 2012, 1:05 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #9 of 167 (50523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

May not be an error - but the main NLM site is now showing a fixture for tomorrow night (Monday 10th Sept) Hellenic Premier Highmoor/IBIS v Marlow.

Mitoo and both club sites still has the 'original' fixture the following night (Tue 11th) at Marlow?

... do you know something ......?

johnanderson
Reserve Team Star

Sep 9, 2012, 10:22 PM

Team(s): bolton,farsley celtic, ossett albion, ossett town, budleigh salterton,

Post #10 of 167 (50485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Its listed as Tuesday on the Hellenic site also.

VP

Sep 12, 2012, 12:44 PM

Post #11 of 167 (50356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnanderson] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Well done on getting most of the leagues up and running.

A couple of things that aren't errors but I would like to see changed for consistency.
In the Aldershot & District League can Fleet Spurs Reserves be written in full like the other reserve teams please?
In the Combined Counties League Premier can the FC be removed from Windsor FC?

I don't know if this is pedantry or an OCD on my part. Smile

royals26

Sep 12, 2012, 7:58 PM

Post #12 of 167 (50306 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
May not be an error - but the main NLM site is now showing a fixture for tomorrow night (Monday 10th Sept) Hellenic Premier Highmoor/IBIS v Marlow.

Mitoo and both club sites still has the 'original' fixture the following night (Tue 11th) at Marlow?

... do you know something ......?

... can answer my own question - not that it matters now - the original Fixture List had Highmoor/IBIS v Marlow scheduled for Monday 10th September - presumably where NLM got its feed from.

This was put back 24hrs and switched to Marlow due to a clash with an Athletics (or something) meet @ the Palmer Park Stadium.

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 12, 2012, 8:40 PM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 167 (50301 views)
Shortcut

Thanks... I'm assuming that the Editor for that League isn't reading this thread which is why it exists... so that errors can be put right.

Thanks again

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 12, 2012, 8:51 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 167 (50300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

A couple of things that aren't errors but I would like to see changed for consistency.
In the Aldershot & District League can Fleet Spurs Reserves be written in full like the other reserve teams please?

Pedantry I understand. OCD... well I had to google that one... so calm down, I changed the team names, hope you can reduce the medication now Tongue

oh... and thanks for editing these leagues

(This post was edited by steve walker on Sep 12, 2012, 8:54 PM)

UKPunk

Sep 12, 2012, 9:01 PM

Post #15 of 167 (50294 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Pedantry I understand. OCD... well I had to google that one... so calm down, I changed the team names, hope you can reduce the medication now Tongue

Steve you will find a level of OCD in a significant percentage of hoppers. Unsure

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

D A
First Team Star

Sep 12, 2012, 9:16 PM

Team(s): Airstrip 1.

Post #16 of 167 (50289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Steve you will find a level of OCD in a significant percentage of hoppers. Unsure

I've got it , VP told me.

'I'm not cynical. I'm just experienced'.
29/11/2012. Anyone need numbers for Cheddar F C please p/m.

royals26

Sep 12, 2012, 9:30 PM

Post #17 of 167 (50286 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thanks... I'm assuming that the Editor for that League isn't reading this thread which is why it exists... so that errors can be put right.

Thanks again

...can't rightly remember now but wasn't the 'Editor' for this league the same one that has fairly recently.....

'left the building'? Shocked

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 12, 2012, 11:23 PM

Team(s):

Post #18 of 167 (50270 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Thanks again

...can't rightly remember now but wasn't the 'Editor' for this league the same one that has fairly recently.....

No idea. I'm not really into clever innuendo as its usually not clever at all, just tiresome. If you have some information to enighten me as to why this league had a fixture on the wrong date or if this editor is no longer editing tois league then please let me have it. I don't have the time to play silly forum games.

Thanks

Sarumio

Sep 13, 2012, 11:37 AM

Post #19 of 167 (50227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Likewise:

Radford (EMCL)
Corinthian (Kent)
Silsden (NWC Prem)
Long Buckby and Blackstones (both UCL Prem)
Fawley (Wessex Prem)

And can Cambridge UP be displayed fully as Cambridge University Press?
and Loughborough Uni as Loughborough University
and in the Midland Combination Premier can Racing Club Warwick's name be put in full also?

In the Northern League
Norton & Stockton Ancients are missing their Ancients suffix
Jarrow Roofing should be Jarrow Roofing Boldon CA (I think putting Community Association may be taking it a bit too far!)
Horden CW and Darlington RA should have their names displayed in full.
Stokesley should be Stokesley Sports Club

St Austell should be AFC St Austell in the SWPL Premier Division

and in the Western League Odd Down do not need '(Bath)' after their name - they are simply Odd Down, despite what the obsessed Western League webmaster thinks!

royals26

Sep 13, 2012, 8:37 PM

Post #20 of 167 (50153 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Thanks again

No idea. I'm not really into clever innuendo as its usually not clever at all, just tiresome. If you have some information to enighten me as to why this league had a fixture on the wrong date or if this editor is no longer editing tois league then please let me have it. I don't have the time to play silly forum games.

Thanks

... nothing clever nor inuendo-ish attempted Shocked - I thought Molders might have been the one that did the Hellenic league; I wasnt sure and I think he has stopped posting and don't know why - check his 'final' Avatar?

Have I said too much?

Obtuse maybe - clever moi?

I'll leave the 'errors' up there next time... and I thought some posters on F'Focus were touchy!

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 13, 2012, 11:05 PM

Team(s):

Post #21 of 167 (50132 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Thanks

... nothing clever nor inuendo-ish attempted Shocked - I thought Molders might have been the one that did the Hellenic league; I wasnt sure and I think he has stopped posting and don't know why - check his 'final' Avatar?

Have I said too much?

Obtuse maybe - clever moi?

I'll leave the 'errors' up there next time... and I thought some posters on F'Focus were touchy!

Sorry, I was maybe a bit OTT.

This is an information thread, I don't want any of the 'obtuse' stuff that goes on in some other parts of the forum in this particular thread, I just want information.

I will have to check who edits this league but even if it is that person it doesn't follow that if he has fallen out with his fellow groundhoppers for whatever reason that he has stopped editing a league on the main site. Also... it's worth making the point that not all Editors are forum members and not all forum members are groundhoppers so perhaps don't have this inside information.

Thanks for trying to help though and apologies again if it came across as touchy.

royals26

Sep 14, 2012, 12:12 AM

Post #22 of 167 (50124 views)
Shortcut

.....OK I'm aware of the grief you occasionally get from other posters who should know better .... and fully understand you may be a tad sensitive.

Maybe I'll keep an eye on minor discrepancies relating to Hellenic and correct where needs be. Cool

...still don't know why Molders has 'flounced' though - as they say on other boards.

Pandoman
Junior Team Sub

Sep 14, 2012, 11:14 AM

Team(s): Aldershot Town

Post #23 of 167 (50083 views)
Shortcut

I'm the editor for the Hellenic League and apologise for missing the change to the Highmoor-Ibis v. Marlow game. My only defence is that it was never notified by the League and I missed it on mitoo - spending far too much time on my employment and family I know! Disapppointed that my efforts have given the impression of having stopped updating the league when, as you'll see all, of September's fixtures are on there and all results are updated.

Happy to pass over to you royals26 if you want to pick up the baton?

UKPunk

Sep 14, 2012, 10:51 PM

Post #24 of 167 (50023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pandoman] NLM Main Site 2012-13 - errors and corrections [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Happy to pass over to you royals26 if you want to pick up the baton?

With his busy family schedule? You must be joking! Cool

The bells, the bells.......Tongue

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

mr creosote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 18, 2012, 9:57 PM

Team(s): Grays Athletic, Haverhill Rovers

Post #25 of 167 (49793 views)
Shortcut

I've just been entering the results for the Cambridgeshire League and notice that Debden and Wisbech Town Reserves need to be removed from the Senior A division.

Cheers

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3