First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 2, 2013, 6:05 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #1 of 47 (2925 views)
Shortcut
to those in building/street works. Can't Post or Reply Privately

wages, just wandering whats fair wage for builders labouer, seems to differ from parts of the county in north wales its around 7-8 an hour mark but i see jobs in london at 10 per an hour rate.

i myself started off around 6,40 an hour mark, and know am at 8,00 an hour, just makes me think why north wales wages are so low ?

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 2, 2013, 6:43 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #2 of 47 (2913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cost of living. It's a damn sight cheaper living up here than down there, so you're probably better off staying where you are.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 2, 2013, 6:51 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #3 of 47 (2905 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Poles and their ilk around these parts will chew your hands off for the minimum wage....

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

garethwrexy

Jun 2, 2013, 7:14 PM

Post #4 of 47 (2898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

when i lived in the south east, my first job was in 2004 after i had left college, working for firm that did gardens and some construction work was on 7,15 an hour for 2 years then moved to north wales, have thought about moving back. but would only move if job was right and money's better than what i am on know.

acmold

Jun 3, 2013, 7:42 AM

Post #5 of 47 (2854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or

The recommended wage for my qualification according to my Professional Association is some fanciful figure in reality at the last few jobs I applied for you are offered as near to the minimum wage as they can get away with. And when you say I may as well take any job offered to me as it will be less stressful they say but you are professional person and you should use your qualification Cool

garethwrexy

Jun 3, 2013, 11:03 AM

Post #6 of 47 (2834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

my list of tickets is huge !

streetworks
ccs card
forward tipping dumper,
strimming ticket
chainsaw
mini digger up to 8 ton
abasive wheels ticket
slinger/bankmans

plus there's more to get if i wanted !

Isaac

Jun 4, 2013, 7:18 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #7 of 47 (2774 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
when i lived in the south east, my first job was in 2004 after i had left college, working for firm that did gardens and some construction work was on 7,15 an hour for 2 years then moved to north wales, have thought about moving back. but would only move if job was right and money's better than what i am on know.

The wages would undoubtably be higher in the south east but so would the cost of living, I'm afraid the influx of economic migrants have driven wages down and the cost of rented accomodation up, watch you don't jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Andrelux
First Team Regular

Jun 4, 2013, 2:27 PM

Team(s): Brentford (for my sins - obviously done something really bad in a past life

Post #8 of 47 (2733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

The wages would undoubtably be higher in the south east but so would the cost of living, I'm afraid the influx of economic migrants have driven wages down and the cost of rented accomodation up, watch you don't jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Sounds a bit like an admission at an AA meeting, but I am British, I currently live in Luxembourg, and I am an economic migrant.

Works both ways.

Isaac

Jun 4, 2013, 3:57 PM

Post #9 of 47 (2719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrelux] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You can dress it up whatever way you like but there are too many people in the UK, particularly the south east, looking for jobs, benefits, housing, healthcare etc........square pegs and round holes

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 4, 2013, 4:26 PM

Post #10 of 47 (2714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrelux] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I wonder how many Brits without financial resources have moved to other EU countries since
the doors were flung wide open?

There's a fair proportion of Brits that cannot read/write/speak his own language properly
let alone connect in French/Spanish/German/Italian.

Ergo the economic migrants who leave these shores - in the main - say goodbye to blighty with
well-filled coffers.

It may work both ways but we get the shit end of the stick.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 4, 2013, 4:41 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #11 of 47 (2706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

...and from what you say in your opening couple of sentences, maybe Britain deserves the shit end of the stick?

Isaac

Jun 4, 2013, 4:55 PM

Post #12 of 47 (2699 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
...and from what you say in your opening couple of sentences, maybe Britain deserves the shit end of the stick?

Why exactly?

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 4, 2013, 4:58 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #13 of 47 (2696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

By being too lazy and/or uneducated to capitalise on opportunities outside their own country.

Isaac

Jun 4, 2013, 5:09 PM

Post #14 of 47 (2691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
By being too lazy and/or uneducated to capitalise on opportunities outside their own country.

The fact is that we've got enough lazy delinquents of our own without importing more from other countries.

garethwrexy

Jun 4, 2013, 5:19 PM

Post #15 of 47 (2686 views)
Shortcut

i am on nights this evening, it gets on my nerves people who laugh at those who do work,
saying i get 150 quid from the dole for doing sweet fa and spend all day boozing in the pub, i am not saying my job is the toughest in the world but tarmac laying and be on building sites tryes you down after a while,

really i would like to be on jcb backhoe loader full time but there arent the jobs and price of that ticket is 2200 plus vat !

Isaac

Jun 4, 2013, 5:26 PM

Post #16 of 47 (2679 views)
Shortcut

They'd need more than 150 a week to spend all day boozing in the pub but I know what you mean

garethwrexy

Jun 4, 2013, 5:32 PM

Post #17 of 47 (2675 views)
Shortcut

that is most pubs in holywell during a week, most in the pubs seem to take the piss out of those that do and earn a coin.

mip

Jun 4, 2013, 6:44 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #18 of 47 (2666 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

The fact is that we've got enough lazy delinquents of our own without importing more from other countries.

The "imported" lazy delinquents don't drive wages down at least!

We have our share of Eastern Europeans coming to Denmark to work and my impression is that they are generally hard working and do many of the menial jobs that Danes would rather not do.

VP

Jun 4, 2013, 7:43 PM

Post #19 of 47 (2652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's a pity you're not older Gareth. In the 80s and 90s loads of British construction workers went over to Germany to earn their crust for a few months at a time. I had a few mates go over there. The wages were double what they were here.
Get a DVD of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet out. It's a true story (sort of).

(This post was edited by VP on Jun 4, 2013, 7:47 PM)

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 4, 2013, 8:16 PM

Post #20 of 47 (2640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Until the 'T' word was invoked....
Still is one of the best series ever to grace our TV screens...

acmold

Jun 4, 2013, 8:24 PM

Post #21 of 47 (2637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

We have our share of Eastern Europeans coming to Denmark to work and my impression is that they are generally hard working and do many of the menial jobs that Danes would rather not do.

That is my impression of the Eastern Europeans we have around here, they are hard working and very helpful And most speak good English.

The "lazy" ones tend to be crooks or persons of that ilk that are not wanted in their own country and are only "over" here until they are found out or arrested and then move on to somewhere else in the EEC. If you watch some of the programmes on TV when these people are arrested they claim to come from one country and then when the police dig deeper they find they come from another quite often not in the EEC, that is if they can pin down who they actually are.

Brits are just as bad at scams and alike, a few years ago was it not calculated that there were fare more active National Insurances numbers in the UK than the actually total of citizens over the age of 16.

Re an earlier post no one gets 150 on the dole, they may get benefits but not dole or job seekers allowance. Again in many cases it is only for a short period as they are found out.

Isaac

Jun 4, 2013, 8:57 PM

Post #22 of 47 (2628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Most Eastern Europeans I've met have been nice enough people but clearly a significant number of undesirables have found their way into the UK and any country can only sustain a certain level of population. I believe immigration and the problems it brings were a major factor behind the riots in Sweden.

UKPunk

Jun 4, 2013, 8:57 PM

Post #23 of 47 (2628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

And the same applies here. If British people were prepared to take the jobs available there would be less incentive for people from overseas to come here. I know of two people who are perfectly healthy but have not worked for several years. In the case of one he's never even been summoned to the job centre to explain why he's not at work!

There is, I suspect, a sizeable proportion of the long term unemployed who know how to 'play the system' and will never work. How the authorities solve this problem is a very difficult question to answer.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Isaac

Jun 4, 2013, 9:02 PM

Post #24 of 47 (2622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought a requirement when claiming job seekers was to fill out an action plan and hand it in when signing on, my next door neighbour certainly had too when he was claiming.

UKPunk

Jun 4, 2013, 9:16 PM

Post #25 of 47 (2613 views)
Shortcut

I think the system is only as good as the people who work in it and, more importantly, the people who manage it. The wife of a mate of mine used to work for the DSS and the Job Centre at different times said that the level of professionalism of the employees in each office varied wildly. Some did the job very well whereas in one office she worked in it was routine practice to do as little as possible.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3