to those in building/street works.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 4, 2013, 9:21 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #26 of 47 (878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think the system is only as good as the people who work in it and, more importantly, the people who manage it. The wife of a mate of mine used to work for the DSS and the Job Centre at different times said that the level of professionalism of the employees in each office varied wildly. Some did the job very well whereas in one office she worked in it was routine practice to do as little as possible.

My neighbour mentioned that the action plan was just a cosmetic exercise, you could just make up jobs that you had applied for, nobody ever checked.

UKPunk

Jun 4, 2013, 9:25 PM

Post #27 of 47 (877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I think the system is only as good as the people who work in it and, more importantly, the people who manage it. The wife of a mate of mine used to work for the DSS and the Job Centre at different times said that the level of professionalism of the employees in each office varied wildly. Some did the job very well whereas in one office she worked in it was routine practice to do as little as possible.

My neighbour mentioned that the action plan was just a cosmetic exercise, you could just make up jobs that you had applied for, nobody ever checked.

That's exactly the point. Some probably do check but if others don't then we have people being allowed to doss their way through life while those of us who work pay for it.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Isaac

Jun 4, 2013, 9:35 PM

Post #28 of 47 (870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In fairness I think staff a many benefit offices are so overworked they just don't have time to make checks

UKPunk

Jun 4, 2013, 9:39 PM

Post #29 of 47 (868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's probably a contributory factor as well.

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Jun 5, 2013, 9:19 AM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #30 of 47 (853 views)
Shortcut

There's a booklet you have to hand in stating which jobs you've applied for, but you can do it online too. When I was out of work for 2-3 months recently, I filled out my form online. I'm not sure if these were ever checked though. And as regards to 'British people doing the jobs that are available' as a person who was out of work for what seemed like an eternity, I can say its bloody difficult to get ANY work at the moment! I filled out literally hundreds of application forms which I never got invited to interview, and never heard a thing back from. Its really soul destroying and at times I could totally understand people who felt like, what's the point in applying as I'm never likely to get anything! Thankfully, I got a lucky break (2 actually) and am now technically working 3 jobs, 1 through the week, 1 on weekends, and another in my spare time (but that doesn't pay much, just pocket money pretty much!).

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

Matty
Reserve Team Star

Jun 5, 2013, 9:48 AM

Team(s): All things Derbyshire

Post #31 of 47 (850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I notice a politician - Bercow possibly - is saying Eastern Europeans are harder working than Brits.
In my experience they are hard working but remember these are people who have got off their arse and come here so are almost by default motivated - so not necessarily a fair comparison.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 5, 2013, 10:27 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #32 of 47 (843 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
In fairness I think staff a many benefit offices are so overworked they just don't have time to make checks

If only they could think of somewhere to find some more staff.Tongue

Isaac

Jun 5, 2013, 10:40 AM

Post #33 of 47 (841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Matty] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I notice a politician - Bercow possibly - is saying Eastern Europeans are harder working than Brits.
In my experience they are hard working but remember these are people who have got off their arse and come here so are almost by default motivated - so not necessarily a fair comparison.

Just like the Romanians that have sent up camp in Park Lane in London, not suprisingly locals have complained about the mess and the crime, it seems that few of them speak any English. They get moved on but within a few days they are back again.

How exactly is their prescence benefiting the UK?

(This post was edited by Isaac on Jun 6, 2013, 12:41 PM)

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 5, 2013, 1:34 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #34 of 47 (822 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Just like the Rumanians that have sent up camp in Park Lane in London, not suprisingly locals have complained about the mess and the crime, it seems that few of them speak any English. They get moved on but within a few days they are back again.

How exactly is their prescence benefiting the UK?

The locals in Park Lane? Who are they? You're probably right in suggesting many of them don't speak English either Cool

UKPunk

Jun 5, 2013, 8:23 PM

Post #35 of 47 (791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
There's a booklet you have to hand in stating which jobs you've applied for, but you can do it online too. When I was out of work for 2-3 months recently, I filled out my form online. I'm not sure if these were ever checked though. And as regards to 'British people doing the jobs that are available' as a person who was out of work for what seemed like an eternity, I can say its bloody difficult to get ANY work at the moment! I filled out literally hundreds of application forms which I never got invited to interview, and never heard a thing back from. Its really soul destroying and at times I could totally understand people who felt like, what's the point in applying as I'm never likely to get anything! Thankfully, I got a lucky break (2 actually) and am now technically working 3 jobs, 1 through the week, 1 on weekends, and another in my spare time (but that doesn't pay much, just pocket money pretty much!).

Let me be clear about this. I didn't say all or even a majority of unemployed people didn't want to work. And for sure it's always going to be harder for you personally to find work than some others due to your location. But the two people I was referring to live in London. And if there's one place in the country where you should be able to find work within a year or so it's London. The two I mentioned have been out of work for several years. Given their location I find it hard to believe they couldn't find work if they looked hard enough.

kazy
Junior Team Star

Jun 5, 2013, 8:50 PM

Post #36 of 47 (782 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I know of two people who are perfectly healthy but have not worked for several years. In the case of one he's never even been summoned to the job centre to explain why he's not at work!

I am perfectly healthy and have not worked for several years. I have never been summoned to the job centre to explain myself, and do not expect to be in the future Shocked

UKPunk

Jun 5, 2013, 8:53 PM

Post #37 of 47 (778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kazy] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I know of two people who are perfectly healthy but have not worked for several years. In the case of one he's never even been summoned to the job centre to explain why he's not at work!

I am perfectly healthy and have not worked for several years. I have never been summoned to the job centre to explain myself, and do not expect to be in the future Shocked

Pensioner or filthy rich? Tongue

kazy
Junior Team Star

Jun 5, 2013, 10:28 PM

Post #38 of 47 (763 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Pensioner or filthy rich?

Why the 'or' ? Cool

UKPunk

Jun 5, 2013, 10:41 PM

Post #39 of 47 (759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kazy] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Pensioner or filthy rich?

Why the 'or' ? Cool

Ah, the man who has everything. I'll bet it's fun trying to buy a Christmas present for you. Tongue

garethwrexy

Jun 6, 2013, 10:39 AM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #40 of 47 (742 views)
Shortcut

i have no problem with those who cant work due to mental problems, disability and the wheelchair bound, its those that could go and earn coin but choose not to.

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

UKPunk

Jun 6, 2013, 10:42 AM

Post #41 of 47 (741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ironically Gareth it's often those with disabilities who would like to work but can't get employment.

Isaac

Jun 6, 2013, 1:03 PM

Post #42 of 47 (723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
i have no problem with those who cant work due to mental problems, disability and the wheelchair bound, its those that could go and earn coin but choose not to.

Depression and bad backs seem to the top reasons for not working, possibly because both are virtually impossible to disprove? Sadly this means that genuine sufferers tend to get tarred with the same brush.

mip

Jun 6, 2013, 1:25 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #43 of 47 (717 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Depression and bad backs seem to the top reasons for not working, possibly because both are virtually impossible to disprove? Sadly this means that genuine sufferers tend to get tarred with the same brush.

So people suffering from depressions and/or bad backs don't suffer genuinely?

Perhaps society has "developed" to a state where depressions and bad backs flourish.

Isaac

Jun 6, 2013, 1:27 PM

Post #44 of 47 (715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Perhaps society has "developed" to a state where depressions and bad backs flourish.

That is not what I said is it?Crazy

Matty
Reserve Team Star

Jun 7, 2013, 10:36 AM

Team(s): All things Derbyshire

Post #45 of 47 (679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I suffer from both - I have been forced or had to leave many jobs because of this - I have n't had a penny of the state because my wife earns about 18k,and quite frankly don't bother trying to get benefits - just go and look for work again. I temp doing anything until my back packs in - but obviously it gets progressively harder to get work because of my track record and agencies knowing that whilst I'm a damn good worker I have a back problem (from football!) with the doctors I've been told to go for disability - but most days I can function to some extent, but I want to work and this is sort of the catch 22 - who wants a worker who periodically has to lay prone and can't walk a few yards - even though when he does he works twice as hard as a lot of lazy gits he works with? the other catch 22 is that despite being well educated and having 15 years of very good work experience - science, technical,project management etc - the only jobs I have a half decent chance of getting involve heavy lifting! Back to the grindstone

(This post was edited by Matty on Jun 7, 2013, 10:39 AM)

garethwrexy

Jun 7, 2013, 6:05 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #46 of 47 (655 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Matty] to those in building/street works. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

programmes like shamless and skint on c4 are bad its like saying to people dont go out and earn a living sponge of the state instead !

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 8, 2013, 9:50 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #47 of 47 (616 views)
Shortcut

That series called Skint said it all really about the UK today,the guy that had spent years in the steel works in Scunny and now has got himself involved in a large family,he said he would need a job paying 500 at least to make it worthwhile and admitted it wont happen.He must only have been about 40 so will probably spend the next 25 years on state benefits.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3