Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Re: [Sale Holmfield] Stockport at it again!

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 22, 2013, 3:32 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 18 (2035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sale Holmfield] Stockport at it again! Can't Post or Reply Privately

Posting seems to have gone strange on here ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 23, 2013, 3:42 AM

Post #2 of 18 (1963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Stockport at it again! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Posting seems to have gone strange on here ?

Yep, and you even have a signature! Now I know there's definitely something wrong! Shocked

leohoenig
Administrator

Aug 23, 2013, 6:47 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 18 (1942 views)
Shortcut
Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Assuming things are back to normal, I am doing a mini tidy-up
Some of the additional threads created will be deleted, others will be locked so as continued discussion goes back to the original thread

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Aug 23, 2013, 12:25 PM

Post #4 of 18 (1789 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or

Can we have a sticky thread so that posters who have any clue what RevTcoco is on about can share them with the rest of us?

leohoenig
Administrator

Aug 23, 2013, 12:37 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #5 of 18 (1771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A good thought, but I don't think we would get any postsCool

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

dottirofhod

Aug 23, 2013, 1:04 PM

Post #6 of 18 (1742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What's up with you lot, I find the Rev one of the most articulate posters on here and certainly not one of the boring I've been or I'm going brigade.
So the bloke needs a tipple now and again what's wrong with that.
Always read and reread his posts unlike ignoring 75% of the posts on here by the 'I' brigade.
Keep up the interesting posts Rev and ignore the miserable hack.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Aug 23, 2013, 1:32 PM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #7 of 18 (1711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

One actually likes the been to going to especially if it has travel, entry info that may help if one hasn't been there Wink but don't really get bothered about anyones posts to be truthful
This is a blind Bambi postWink

dottirofhod

Aug 23, 2013, 1:56 PM

Post #8 of 18 (1691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wow Bambi,
I've not really considered anyone to be untruthful on here bit as I say I don't read much of the I brigade.
Anyone you can name ?
Or is it you being truthful , amazing how one can read the same thing in different ways !
Hope your eyesight improves.

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Aug 23, 2013, 2:04 PM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #9 of 18 (1686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No idea
This is also a blind Bambi post Wink

Matty
Reserve Team Star

Aug 23, 2013, 3:23 PM

Team(s): All things Derbyshire

Post #10 of 18 (1656 views)
Shortcut

Rev hails from these parts (I think) - and talking of parts his posts are best understood with a few glasses of wine, a pint of pedigree, burton ale, bourbon, malibu and a dose of not being anal.
The drunker I get they do make sense - or maybe that's when coco posts - keep them coming Rev.

Long live Derbyshire.

ladderman

Aug 23, 2013, 3:55 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #11 of 18 (1631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Matty] Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm still waiting to hear when Stockport are "at again"

revttcoco
Youth Team Regular

Aug 24, 2013, 3:51 AM

Team(s): Long Eaton UTD,Stockport County,Buxton,Northwich Vics,Glossop & The Rams to

Post #12 of 18 (1495 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ladderman! They are up to what so confuses me about the citizens of Stockport.
Yet again County are crap, but still 3,000 show up at Conference North Level, yet 35 years ago only 1,039 showed up for a Div 4 game! Mind you I think that still betters Wimbledons Div1 /Premiership crowd v Everton.800or so.
So when will the Bishops get close to that sort of crowd? When Stockport come to visit would be my guess.
Anyway I have a case of Iron Maidens Trooper beer to inbibe in for the evening all the way to Florida from Stockport.
Then I must fly ,bugger the Pub & Wine Bar Fort Lauderdale Strikers have a game in Atlanta.
Just keep an eye on the crowd at Altrincham, I believe they are putting the "Home " fans in the away section.
That is what Stockport are up to, building from the basement rather like those rascally FC of Bury United thingy mob.

Led by a star!
An MLS place for Fort Lauderdale Strikers with the Beckham Magic in place?????
Deffo led by a bottle! Wait & see.

revttcoco
Youth Team Regular

Aug 24, 2013, 4:10 AM

Team(s): Long Eaton UTD,Stockport County,Buxton,Northwich Vics,Glossop & The Rams to

Post #13 of 18 (1491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Matty] Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Matty my home town is Long Eaton, so the almost mighty Blues are my TRUE team! Due to being an Air Force Brat I have travelled most of the world in my 57 years, but aqm proud to be from Derbyshire.Due to my wanderings I have followed my Grandfathers wisdom!!!
Support your Local team.Never been a bandwagoner other perhaps when we all went to watch Derby County V Juventus European Cup Semi Final at the Baseball ground, or even Buxton v Telford FA Trophy Semi Final or Mossley V Dagenham Trophy Final. or Northwich v Bangor Final or Stockport v Stoke/Burnley /Peterborough at Wembley at 500 a pop from Bermuda each game.
My flag is firmly in Fort Lauderdale Strikers while I live here. But my first checks will be the Non League Matters results page as I will have already have wanted to kill the pig ignorant American Bandwagoners in the Pub from already have pissed off the Knowledgeable Brits who tolerate their stupidty until pint #5
2pm flight to Atlanta for the Strikers game would be heaven But still have to be back for Sunday morning & then Monday Manure V Chelski
Life is hard trying to follow your favourite sport & not gargling too much! Cheers
Iron Maiden Trooper Courtesy of Robinsons Brewery Stockport Now being a night cap. La Galaxy win 2-0 Robbie Keane both goals!

Led by a star!

ladderman

Aug 24, 2013, 7:44 AM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #14 of 18 (1472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [revttcoco] Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So what they're actually "up to" is going to football matches. Big deal, I'll leave you to wave your willy about their attendances.

Sale Holmfield
First Team Regular

Aug 24, 2013, 9:38 AM

Team(s): Altrincham, Conwy Borough

Post #15 of 18 (1446 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Just keep an eye on the crowd at Altrincham, I believe they are putting the "Home " fans in the away section.
That is what Stockport are up to, building from the basement rather like those rascally FC of Bury United thingy mob.

No, the home fans are in the home section at Moss Lane, oops I mean the J Davidson Stadium, today, although the segregation border has been moved to give Stockport a section along the side as well.
I don't think Stockport are so much building from the basement as heading towards, or through, it.

By coincidence, I had a couple of pints of Trooper in Stockport yesterday - nice drink.

(This post was edited by Sale Holmfield on Aug 24, 2013, 9:50 AM)

Sale Holmfield
First Team Regular

Aug 24, 2013, 6:25 PM

Post #16 of 18 (1390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sale Holmfield] Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Welll, I kept an eye on the crowd at Altrincham and it was 2875, with 1396 Stockport supporters in the away section (this wouldn't include any in the unsegregated seating areas), although quite a few had left before the end in a game in which they were completely outclassed in a 3-0 defeat. Stuart Coburn in goal got man of the match for Alty, but I am pretty sure that was to commemorate his 600th start rather than an indication of how much work he may have had to do.,

County did seem to have a little bit about themselves going forward, but the defence seemed woeful and they were comfortably the worst team I have seen to date in this division. What next for County? No doubt the Rev will tell us...

revttcoco
Youth Team Regular

Aug 24, 2013, 9:03 PM

Post #17 of 18 (1339 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sale Holmfield] Board Problems! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks Sale Holmfield From what I have heard Stuart Coburn must have got MOTM by default! Stockport could hardly muster a shot on or off target. The natives are very restless. Win at Colwyn Bay or start preparing for the Evo Stick.At least Long Eaton United flew the flag today.Cheers Rev Tony & Striker.
Bring on the Atlanta Silverbacks 7-30EST.

Led by a star!

Sale Holmfield
First Team Regular

Aug 24, 2013, 11:57 PM

Post #18 of 18 (1294 views)
Shortcut

People did laugh at me tonight when I said the Colwyn Bay game would be a relegation six pointer so early on, but it does seem that way.

Stockport were poor on the field of play, but all credit to their supporters. There didn't seem to be any hint of trouble despite their trying circumstances.

Meanwhile, at the top of the table, I had always thought, and said, that Vauxhall Motors away, despite their unglamorous image, was Altrincham's toughest game in August, and have seen nothing to disprove that. I will be very happy with a draw from this game.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3