Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
The curse of Virgin Trains

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 26, 2013, 10:47 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #26 of 44 (1816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] The curse of Vigin Trains [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
You cant leave it like that Buck!you get on a Pendolino at Stoke and get off at Euston,it doesnt even go via Birmingham!What can possibly go wrong?

Bit of the old reverse psychology worked a treat there, knocked the delay down to 5 mins Sly I always fear the worst when those things stop in the middle of nowhere Unsure

643 GROUNDS - Milton Keynes Robins (61/92)
582 WETHERSPOONS - Lytham
2 WETHERSPOONS HOTELS - Ripon

(This post was edited by LondonBuck on Oct 26, 2013, 11:01 PM)

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 26, 2013, 11:01 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #27 of 44 (1809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] The curse of Vigin Trains [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You out-psyched a train? Well done you Crazy

kirby knitters

Oct 26, 2013, 11:03 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #28 of 44 (1807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] The curse of Vigin Trains [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Im using the curse up to Glasgow for a Gers game next month on hellishly tight conections at B/ham and Stafford...praying your reverse phychology has a lasting effect mateSly

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 26, 2013, 11:04 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #29 of 44 (1807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] The curse of Vigin Trains [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
You out-psyched a train? Well done you Crazy

Works every time! I often find if I say or expect one thing, the opposite will always happen! Hasn't worked with any raffle draws yet though Angelic

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 26, 2013, 11:10 PM

Post #30 of 44 (1802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] The curse of Vigin Trains [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Im using the curse up to Glasgow for a Gers game next month on hellishly tight conections at B/ham and Stafford...praying your reverse phychology has a lasting effect mateSly

Just keep thinking you'll miss the connection and you'll be fine Wink You have to make it convincing though, no good thinking if I think I'll miss it I'll be OK, you have to be convinced you'll miss it, otherwise it won't work Sly

kirby knitters

Dec 8, 2013, 12:20 PM

Post #31 of 44 (1697 views)
Shortcut

Going up was great and even arrived 10 mins early but the return VT service got back into New St 40 minutes late meaning i missed my last train back to Leic by 10 mins(in the old days they would have held it).They gave 4 of us a taxi with a drop at Nuneaton and finally got back at 00.45 when it should have been 23.20Frown

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 8, 2013, 6:16 PM

Post #32 of 44 (1666 views)
Shortcut

There were massive delays yesterday following a person hit by a train at South Kenton.
Luckily I was only going back to Manchester so I used CrossCountry Wink
One guy got chucked off for having a Virgin Trains only ticket. I thought this was a Virgin Train he said. It used to be I said! Angelic

(This post was edited by LondonBuck on Dec 8, 2013, 6:18 PM)

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 8, 2013, 6:58 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #33 of 44 (1658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] The curse of Vigin Trains [In reply to] Can't Post or

The XC franchise has only been controlled by Arriva for 6 years haha.

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 8, 2013, 7:08 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #34 of 44 (1652 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
There were massive delays yesterday following a person hit by a train at South Kenton.
Luckily I was only going back to Manchester so I used CrossCountry Wink
One guy got chucked off for having a Virgin Trains only ticket. I thought this was a Virgin Train he said. It used to be I said! Angelic

Dover Athletic fans were seriously delayed by this after the FA Cup tie at Milton Keynes

kirby knitters

Dec 8, 2013, 8:00 PM

Post #35 of 44 (1638 views)
Shortcut

Lovely new customer service centre at BNS but the same old Network Rail bullshit continues.When we arrived late at the station last night we were told to run and get the 22.49 to Derby which would then take us to Leic,the train manager said there was no chance of that train going to Leic and why would it,it wasnt the fault of XC that we were in this situation.The customer dis-service guy just said that to make it the promlem of someone else,when we went back he then told us transport would be available from Cov.He backed down when threatened with mutiny,the whole thing was a disgrace.

rivington
Youth Team Regular

Dec 9, 2013, 1:09 PM

Team(s): The Alex

Post #36 of 44 (1596 views)
Shortcut

Saw the train ran through to Leicester as booked although arived 2 mins late.

kirby knitters

Dec 9, 2013, 5:39 PM

Post #37 of 44 (1578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rivington] The curse of Vigin Trains [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Saw the train ran through to Leicester as booked although arived 2 mins late.

Arrived 2 mins late?so what time did it actually arrive?

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 9, 2013, 7:09 PM

Post #38 of 44 (1566 views)
Shortcut

Too hot on Virgin Trains! No other company has so much heat on their trains!
Is it a ploy to send the passengers to sleep so they don't notice the delay, or is it to sell more drinks? Unimpressed

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 22, 2014, 8:32 PM

Post #39 of 44 (1422 views)
Shortcut

Some things never change.
Returning from Manchester on a Saturday evening and a 9 car for one of the busiest trains when 11 is expected.
Free sauna with every journey.
Two lines shut after Milton Keynes with the inevitable crawling along at snails pace and late arrival.
Why don't they just put this delay in the timetable so we all know in advance since its been going on since the beginning of time! Crazy

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Feb 22, 2014, 8:48 PM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #40 of 44 (1419 views)
Shortcut

They always used to. I travelled back from Manchester a number of times on the last train, technically a 25 minute connection to the last one out of Padd, in reality it was timed to take so long between Watford and Euston you had about 45 minutes, otherwise I wouldn't have risked it.

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

kirby knitters

Feb 22, 2014, 9:05 PM

Post #41 of 44 (1410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] The curse of Vigin Trains [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I went to catch a VT today from BNS only to be told it had terminated,luckily i was only going to Wolverhampton so took the ATW.XC were heavily delayed due to problems in Southampton....Oh yeah and going to BNS from Leic it was a rail replacement from Coleshill yet again,an absolute shambles i got a lift back with the club sec and next week its Doncaster with more problemsFrown

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 22, 2014, 9:34 PM

Post #42 of 44 (1403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] The curse of Vigin Trains [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
They always used to..

Now they just don't tell anyone and hope they won't notice!
Its a complete farce Mad

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 17, 2015, 8:18 AM

Post #43 of 44 (1134 views)
Shortcut

My Virgin Super Voyager this morning is appropriately named 'The Wrekin Giant' Cool

I've bumped this thread up in case I need to find it later. Wink

Hoping it's a good omen for the football, if not the train journey!

(This post was edited by LondonBuck on Jan 17, 2015, 1:24 PM)

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 17, 2015, 11:11 PM

Post #44 of 44 (1065 views)
Shortcut

All fine today. Apart from a touch of verbal diarrhoea from the conductor that is Crazy

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3