First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 80 Next page Last page  View All

DaFleet
Junior Team Star

Dec 23, 2013, 8:55 PM

Post #1 of 1987 (159309 views)
Shortcut
Hereford Utd in trouble (again) Can't Post or Reply Privately

http://www.bbc.co.uk/.../0/football/25449401

Hereford United facing winding up in January.

Didn't they beat leaders Cambridge United last weekend?!?
They'll be okay then...

(This post was edited by leohoenig on Dec 23, 2013, 9:39 PM)

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 23, 2013, 10:03 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #2 of 1987 (159237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaFleet] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

spoke to one of there fans on the rain back fro rugby in November and many of them aren't to kean on there owner,,,,,,,

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

Englishman
Junior Team Star

Dec 24, 2013, 11:30 AM

Post #3 of 1987 (159009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Shocking financial mis-management.
Wages out of control and failing to pay the taxman.

Sorry for the fans but the club needs sorting out.

kirby knitters

Dec 24, 2013, 12:27 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #4 of 1987 (158962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Englishman] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Its always the fans that are the ones to suffer when clubs get themselves into such a state but this carry on at Hereford seems to have been going on for 10 years

Mega Hot tea
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 24, 2013, 2:38 PM

Team(s): Kidderminster Harriers & Boreham Wood

Post #5 of 1987 (158879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Getting smashed on Boxing day and then again on News Years day in the massive Kidderminster & Worcestershire derby is only going to rub salt into the wounds but I will drop a few pounds in the bucket for good will.

Amazing that they used to regularly get 7,000 sized crowds in their Southern League days, best of luck to them.

kirby knitters

Dec 24, 2013, 2:44 PM

Post #6 of 1987 (158869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mega Hot tea] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yep it goes without saying the best of luck to them but there comes a time when public sympathy can wear abit thin when the buckets are making regular appearences.

barcud-coch
First Team Regular

Dec 24, 2013, 10:31 PM

Post #7 of 1987 (158674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mega Hot tea] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Didn't know that Hereford had now moved into a different county. Smile

garethwrexy

Dec 25, 2013, 12:50 PM

Post #8 of 1987 (158553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barcud-coch] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

best of luck to Hereford united !

garethwrexy

Dec 25, 2013, 12:53 PM

Post #9 of 1987 (158551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

ps would be great if some Hereford united fans could give comment on what the situation is at the club at the moment from there point of view.

Mad Bill
First Team Star

Dec 25, 2013, 4:11 PM

Team(s): Hyde United FC; Lancashire CCC; Buffalo Bills;

Post #10 of 1987 (158506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Yep it goes without saying the best of luck to them but there comes a time when public sympathy can wear abit thin when the buckets are making regular appearences.

They've been there before. They're serial offenders under different managements. Not sure they haven't used up their sympathy entitlement.

garethwrexy

Dec 28, 2013, 1:34 PM

Post #11 of 1987 (158162 views)
Shortcut

Any comments from Hereford fans !

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Dec 30, 2013, 10:23 AM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #12 of 1987 (157926 views)
Shortcut

A few weeks ago there was a laughable interview with the Chairman of the Conference on the Non League Show, proclaiming all Clubs were debt free and living within their means. Setting aside the rather obvious fact that Aldershot have just been in Administration, I knew it would be a matter of weeks before another went pop. As to the likes of Forest Green, Gateshead and Salisbury (who went bust with 50% higher gates a few years ago!) "living within their means"...yeah right! I don't so much blame the Clubs as the League for blinding themsleves to such doomed business models.

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

DaveU
First Team Regular

Dec 30, 2013, 1:37 PM

Post #13 of 1987 (157841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
A few weeks ago there was a laughable interview with the Chairman of the Conference on the Non League Show, proclaiming all Clubs were debt free and living within their means. Setting aside the rather obvious fact that Aldershot have just been in Administration, I knew it would be a matter of weeks before another went pop. As to the likes of Forest Green, Gateshead and Salisbury (who went bust with 50% higher gates a few years ago!) "living within their means"...yeah right! I don't so much blame the Clubs as the League for blinding themsleves to such doomed business models.

All this from a league who, unless they have a change of heart in the next few months, could be turning down a team with decent crowds and a sustainable and profitable business plan.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

ladderman

Dec 30, 2013, 3:30 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #14 of 1987 (157771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaveU] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All this from a league who, unless they have a change of heart in the next few months, could be turning down a team with decent crowds and a sustainable and profitable business plan but chose to install a pitch that doesn't meet Conference regulations.

There, finished it for youWink

kirby knitters

Dec 30, 2013, 3:49 PM

Post #15 of 1987 (157756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A club looking to the future probably expected a rule change (it could still happen)but only fool tries to second guess what those clowns are thinking/going to do.They did nothing to help us when we needed it but issue fines and point deductions.Wink

ladderman

Dec 30, 2013, 5:40 PM

Post #16 of 1987 (157693 views)
Shortcut

The pitch has only been laid for 18 months, it would be na´ve to expect the Conference to change their rules the minute Maidstone wanted them to.
As for Hinckley, most of their troubles were of their own making. I don't know how they expected the situation with the non-playing of a fixture to end.

kirby knitters

Dec 30, 2013, 5:53 PM

Post #17 of 1987 (157679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It kept you out of gods own county so it was well worth the fines and the points deduction hardly sent us down so it was well worth it.SlySly

DaveU
First Team Regular

Dec 30, 2013, 6:40 PM

Post #18 of 1987 (157647 views)
Shortcut

Ladders...what exactly are your issues with Maidstone. Pretty much every time you post about them it is in a negative way.

Fairly sure I was making a valid point about sustainability and the conference's inability to embrace it in any way (regardless of whether or not the surface is 3G), yet you turn it into yet another anti-maidstone post, as you did when replying to Oxford Stone in the topic about boxing day attendances.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

ladderman

Dec 30, 2013, 8:45 PM

Post #19 of 1987 (157583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaveU] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think you might be a bit paranoid.
I do remember discussing this situation before the ground was built. The answer at the time was that they'd move the 3G pitch and lay a grass one. It sounded unlikely at the time, and we're not getting the predictable calls for the Conference to completely change their minds because the Stones are doing well.
FWIW, I think it should be allowed in the Conference, but I don't think you can expect a mid-season EGM just to suite your purpose.

garethwrexy

Dec 30, 2013, 8:54 PM

Post #20 of 1987 (157574 views)
Shortcut

Out of interest who Herefords owners when they dropped out of the football league In 1997 ...?

MarkInGorleston
First Team Star

Dec 30, 2013, 9:28 PM

Post #21 of 1987 (157549 views)
Shortcut

On the Maidstone issue I can see where Ladderman is coming from. The club were aware of the rules when they installed the pitch and like Ladderman I want to see Maidstone promoted into the Conference, I have got a soft spot for them after meeting NWS and him coming to Witham Town, but I cant see that the conference would be doing anything wrong if they did not accept the Stones as the rules were clear before the season commenced. Sorry Dave U / Oxford Stone.

Re Hereford I would echo what others have said I had sympathy for them before when they went as no one wanted to see that, but when they do it not long after you have to think my sympathies are best in another direction. (Off topic but for an example ......see other sports sub forum and Michael Schumacher thread)

I would laugh my head off if AFCW went down along with ColUwe and We**ham.

(This post was edited by MarkInGorleston on Dec 30, 2013, 9:29 PM)

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Dec 30, 2013, 9:30 PM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #22 of 1987 (157543 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

All this from a league who, unless they have a change of heart in the next few months, could be turning down a team with decent crowds and a sustainable and profitable business plan.

I shouldn't worry, as artificial pitches are legal almost everywhere in Europe at the highest level, someone will end up taking the suits to court over it eventually. Ludicrous Rule.

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

VP

Dec 30, 2013, 10:48 PM

Post #23 of 1987 (157473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarkInGorleston] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The club were aware of the rules when they installed the pitch

This keeps coming up. Since the Standardised Rules were enforced no league in the pyramid has had a rule actually banning them.
For the past few seasons every league in the National League System had the same wording - clubs had to ask permission. As of this season the Conference still have the old wording, steps 3 and below have had their rule reworded so clubs no longer have to ask permission.
Basically The Isthmian League let them play on 3G with exactly the same rule as the Conference currently have.

(This post was edited by VP on Dec 30, 2013, 10:51 PM)

DaveU
First Team Regular

Dec 31, 2013, 8:56 AM

Post #24 of 1987 (157406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I shouldn't worry, as artificial pitches are legal almost everywhere in Europe at the highest level, someone will end up taking the suits to court over it eventually. Ludicrous Rule.

I think that someone may be Maidstone. I know the club have taken legal advise and have been informed that we would have a strong case, although hopefully it won't come to that. What I can't quite understand is the attitude that because we knew the position of the Conference when we built the ground it's somehow wrong for us to campaign to try and change it.
In reply to Ladderman, they don't need an EGM to let us in, a simple committee decision would suffice. They have simply taken that stance through sheer bloody mindedness.

ladderman

Dec 31, 2013, 9:02 AM

Post #25 of 1987 (157404 views)
Shortcut

Do you not think such a change should be agreed by the member clubs, and that they should have time to install a similar pitch? If the decision was taken at the January Conference Board meeting, the chances of any club getting the funding together to lay a 3/4G pitch in time for August 2014 are slim. Seeing as the Conference has real concerns about their promotion deal with the FL - and that's hardly being paranoid - I can see why they're not going to rush anything through purely for your benefit.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 80 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3