Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Ebay

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

May 14, 2014, 2:49 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2449 views)
Shortcut
Ebay Can't Post or

I know quite a few on this board dabble on Ebay so how do you think their new pricing structure and free listing allowances will effect you.

I've only had a quick look but it seems to be trying to knock the 99p listing on the head, unless they still have the 100 free listing weekends once in a while.

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

May 14, 2014, 3:42 PM

Team(s): Torquay United, Real Salt Lake, United Services Portsmouth

Post #2 of 6 (2432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Ebay [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There are indeed trying to knock them on the head. Bizarre tactic in my book. I know they are trying to get more buisiness sellers but I am not one and listings that meant I could do 100 free at 99p and below would now cost me nearly 28. I hope that they do stil have the free listing weekends.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

May 14, 2014, 4:37 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2417 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] Ebay [In reply to] Can't Post or

I sold quite a few of my programmes and to be fair I got some good prices for a few, but many never sold and portably never will. I'm listing some for a friend at the moment and I'm getting quite a few messages asking if I could do free or cut price postage if they brought more than one item. I only ever charge what the postage is by adjust it accordingly. Many folk don't realise many "normal" programmes today cost well over a 1 to post and a Parcel of 2kg of more is around 12. The problem is even selling something on a free listing at 99p and charging 80p or 1 postage for an item does not leave a lot after Ebay / PayPal charges plus P&P are taken into account. The real problem is when something goes over 100gms, you used to be able to post them yourself as combinations of normal / large 1st / 2nd class stamps added up to the value required for larger weights. But since the increase in postage rates this is not the case and around here we have so few Post Offices left it can take 30 minutes to get served to post one item. I will just use my 20 free listings each and hope there is the odd 100 free weekends. Once mine have been listed 3 times I take them to the car boot, once they have been there 3 times I donate them to a club shop or sling them away - though in the correct recycling sack / bin.

R.S.Cavendish
First Team Star

May 14, 2014, 6:11 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Ebay [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On the other side, from a buyers point of view, I very often pick up some absolute bargains on ebay. If you ignore the dealer's listings some of the antiquarian books I purchase are rare indeed. I only buy sporting titles and many, I find, come originally from car-boot sales.

non-league fan
Banned

May 14, 2014, 11:20 PM

Team(s): Oxford United, also groundhopper

Post #5 of 6 (2314 views)
Shortcut
Re: [R.S.Cavendish] Ebay [In reply to] Can't Post or

Sometimes you can pick up unusual books from charity shops for much less than e-bay. To quote a recent example, I purchased the following book (in mint condition with dustcover) for just 9.99 from an Oxfam bookshop. It costs twice as much on e-bay, see;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tintin-The-Complete-Companion-HC-2011-1-1ST-NM-/310955889030?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item48666a5186

Uncle Ian
Youth Team Sub

Apr 3, 2015, 12:36 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [non-league fan] Ebay [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ebay circular going around saying "blame it on the robots" as there whole compuuter system has been stuffed up with thousands of orders lost

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3