windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 5, 2014, 5:28 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #1 of 429 (46985 views)
Shortcut
The real Hereford United continuing story thread Can't Post or Reply Privately

Back to the thread thenTongue:
Hereford Council are still considering legal options.
http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/...g-legal-options.html

(This post was edited by leohoenig on Nov 5, 2014, 5:47 PM)

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 5, 2014, 5:38 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #2 of 429 (46962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Hmm. I can see that will have to get sorted in a court.
By the sound of it the council still seem to want to evict them.
How do you read it?

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 5, 2014, 5:48 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 429 (46952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

note - any continuance of the circular argument from the other thread on this thread will be deleted

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

windydcfc

Nov 5, 2014, 6:03 PM

Post #4 of 429 (46929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Hmm. I can see that will have to get sorted in a court.
By the sound of it the council still seem to want to evict them.
How do you read it?

I would hope so, but I'm really cynical about this sad episode finishing any time soon.
I can't believe the other thread turned into a melee, I was getting slated 3 months ago, about posting too much Hereford Utd stuff. It didn't even reach 2000 postFrown.

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 5, 2014, 6:12 PM

Post #5 of 429 (46907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If the Council were paid the money, why are they still looking to evict the club?

Fat AND Pompous.

windydcfc

Nov 5, 2014, 6:18 PM

Post #6 of 429 (46896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If the Council were paid the money, why are they still looking to evict the club?

I think that they are sick of the bad press and also getting the run around by who ever currently owns Hereford Utd.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 5, 2014, 6:23 PM

Post #7 of 429 (46888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The fact that the notice was served before they paid still may give them the right to evict.
Its speculation whether they will or not but taking legal advice seems to suggest that they are considering going through with it.
I guess having got to this stage there is a will to carry it through.
But as i said it may have to be a court ruling as to whether you can evict someone who has paid the outstanding amount.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 5, 2014, 7:33 PM

Post #8 of 429 (46793 views)
Shortcut

I see tonight that Lonsdale has proposed a meeting with HUST. Some are saying why not but some totally against contact.
Its hard to see where there is any common ground .

(This post was edited by Unicorn on Nov 5, 2014, 7:33 PM)

FlookersBrook
Junior Team Star

Nov 5, 2014, 9:44 PM

Post #9 of 429 (46639 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Still in breach of the leases? There are indications that somebody is resident in the club buildings again and the club were warned about that previously when they had quite a few of the squad living in the function rooms. There is also talk that the stadium is not being maintained - it was in poor shape anyway but according to reports more dilapidated than ever. Also possible that the club is already in arrears with payments again.

Mad Bill
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2014, 11:47 PM

Team(s): Hyde United FC; Lancashire CCC; Buffalo Bills;

Post #10 of 429 (46492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FlookersBrook] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For those of us who had lives to lead beyond keeping up with the old thread, who Does run HUFC this week?

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 6, 2014, 6:57 AM

Post #11 of 429 (46404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mad Bill] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
For those of us who had lives to lead beyond keeping up with the old thread, who Does run HUFC this week?

Bloke called McCarthy seems to be the owner.
Lonsdale seems to be running it.

windydcfc

Nov 6, 2014, 7:03 AM

Post #12 of 429 (46401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mad Bill] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Alpha Choice Finance and they seem a little dodgy as well, as they are in court this week.
http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/...ing-off-warning.html

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 6, 2014, 8:23 AM

Post #13 of 429 (46343 views)
Shortcut

McCarthy owns Alpha Choice and is the person the FA are saying should have taken the ODT.

(This post was edited by Unicorn on Nov 6, 2014, 8:24 AM)

windydcfc

Nov 6, 2014, 9:22 AM

Post #14 of 429 (46257 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
McCarthy owns Alpha Choice and is the person the FA are saying should have taken the ODT.

This is where it's all debatable, isn't it! His name maybe the one given out as the owner! But this company has the same address as the IP Mark Landsman, who was trying to push through the CVA at Hereford Utd, a couple of months ago. So their is a strong case that TA is still involved and who is lurking in the background? Stephen Vaughen Sr maybe?

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 6, 2014, 9:31 AM

Post #15 of 429 (46242 views)
Shortcut

Yes i am just stating the official position as it stands.
It not unusual in any type of business to have people be actually running things when you can not find any official reference to them anywhere.

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 6, 2014, 9:42 AM

Post #16 of 429 (46229 views)
Shortcut

...but can we reasonably expect the FA to take action based on Windy's suspicions? Surely the FA can only apply their tests based on the names officially in charge of the club. As Unicorn has pointed out, hidden owners are not unusual in business (e.g if the owner has been struck off from being a director).

The FA tests go beyond Company law, and so far have not been appealed in the courts!

Fat AND Pompous.

windydcfc

Nov 6, 2014, 9:43 AM

Post #17 of 429 (46224 views)
Shortcut

Yes you're correct, you are also correct with the point about why the council may continue with the eviction of the club, which is the legal standpoint! The reason I gave, is what I actually believe are the reason! The council are dicked off with TA and their cronies! They would like to be seen to be actively involved in rescuing the club or whatever is created afterwards!

HarryC
First Team Star

Nov 6, 2014, 9:46 AM

Team(s): Fleet, Aldershot, Chelsea

Post #18 of 429 (46220 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FlookersBrook] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Still in breach of the leases? There are indications that somebody is resident in the club buildings again and the club were warned about that previously when they had quite a few of the squad living in the function rooms. There is also talk that the stadium is not being maintained - it was in poor shape anyway but according to reports more dilapidated than ever. Also possible that the club is already in arrears with payments again.

How far through the 3 year ground grading are they, if they are due a visit this season would it even pass for step 4 let alone step 3, if it is not due until next season, they may not spend money on it until then, in case owners/club not around by then

Fisher Dan
Youth Team Star

Nov 6, 2014, 9:56 AM

Team(s): Fisher FC, Watford

Post #19 of 429 (46205 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I see tonight that Lonsdale has proposed a meeting with HUST. Some are saying why not but some totally against contact.

I think that they should be very, very wary - if they become privy to information that they can't discuss with their members then they risk causing division and a lack of trust amongst the membership. They shouldn't let Lonsdale dictate terms.

phil of Bath
First Team Regular

Nov 6, 2014, 1:12 PM

Team(s): Bath City

Post #20 of 429 (45973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fisher Dan] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I think that they should be very, very wary - if they become privy to information that they can't discuss with their members then they risk causing division and a lack of trust amongst the membership. They shouldn't let Lonsdale dictate terms.

HUST has sensibly turned down the 'offer' from Lonsdale, and he has replied! http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/
Not too long to go now, as there clearly is not a new investor. I still can't understand how the judge in the court case could pretend to believe them at the last case.

ladderman

Nov 6, 2014, 1:23 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #21 of 429 (45944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phil of Bath] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Why would it have been such a bad move to hear what he had to say? As long as they made it clear that they would report whatever took place at the meeting, what harm would've been done.

It seems that HUST are determined to run their own club without the inconvenience of taking on Hereford United's (legitimate) debt. I feel like I'm watching Groundhog Day.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 6, 2014, 1:28 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #22 of 429 (45929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Why would it have been such a bad move to hear what he had to say? As long as they made it clear that they would report whatever took place at the meeting, what harm would've been done.

HUST say he wanted to bind their delegates to a confidentiality clause, which seems to have been the sticking point.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 6, 2014, 1:31 PM

Post #23 of 429 (45922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I would have met him if i were in their position.
If only to look the man in the eye and try to judge exactly where they think they are going with this.
In the end if you at least hear what someone has to say you can form an opinion.
Whatever.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 6, 2014, 1:34 PM

Post #24 of 429 (45913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Hereford Utd in trouble (again) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

HUST say he wanted to bind their delegates to a confidentiality clause, which seems to have been the sticking point.

Why you can agree not to discuss his proposals but still reject them without comment if you don't like them.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 6, 2014, 1:38 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #25 of 429 (45908 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Why you can agree not to discuss his proposals but still reject them without comment if you don't like them.

Presumably because they would need a mandate from their members to either accept or reject his proposals. HUST's statement on their website implies they would have been prevented from sharing info about the proposals with their members under Lonsdale's confidentiality terms.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3