First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 25, 2015, 2:52 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #1 of 129 (32100 views)
Shortcut
One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers Can't Post or Reply Privately

The second RL test between England and New Zealand will be held at the London Olympic Stadium on 7th November. The 1st test will be at Hull on 1st November and the 3rd test is at Wigan on 14th November.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 25, 2015, 7:43 PM

Team(s): None

Post #2 of 129 (32059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Olympic Stadium is also being used for the Rugby Union world cup. I have secured a ticket for France v. Romania.
Will probably go to the Rugby League game too. I suspect I won't need to cough up 65 for the privilege either!

jrev61

mxhornet
First Team Regular

Feb 25, 2015, 7:43 PM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #3 of 129 (32059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just been reading about that elsewhere, great way to tick off the stadium :-)

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

Fleetfan
Reserve Team Star

Feb 26, 2015, 11:44 AM

Team(s): Ebbsfleet Utd-Promotion Favourites Again! Charlton Ath- Desastre

Post #4 of 129 (31975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Barbarians are playing Samoa here on Saturday August 29th as a 'Test' event for the Rugby Union World Cup. Adult tickets priced at 20

Matches Attended 2018 -19 : 50
New Grounds 2018-19: 50

acmold

Feb 26, 2015, 3:07 PM

Post #5 of 129 (31904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fleetfan] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

Barbarians are playing Samoa here on Saturday August 29th as a 'Test' event for the Rugby Union World Cup. Adult tickets priced at 20

Are Dagenham & Redbridge not moving in after all, sure I saw a bit on TV about it Cool

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Mar 6, 2015, 4:06 PM

Team(s): Palace/Epsom and Ewell/Didcot Town and Djurgardens IF.

Post #6 of 129 (29485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hoping to go to this. But I have a ST at Palace, so I hope we are away that weekend.
I suspect the crowd might be quite poor. I can't see the numbers coming down from up North like they did for the WC Semis at Wembley.
Good thing is, late purchase of tickets will be no problem.

2018-19 - 50 games (Highworth-Swi Marine) 160 goals, average gpg 3.20, 19 new grounds, last new, Man City Academy Stadium.
2017-18 - 122 games (N Cyprus/Karp), 392 goals, av gpg 3.21, 48 new grounds.
New Grounds in 2018 - 42. 2017 -44. Grounds in Total - 1191.
RL Grounds - 33 (Last - Macron Stadium, Challenge Cup SFs (5/8/18), Speedway Tracks 50.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 9, 2015, 11:34 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #7 of 129 (29288 views)
Shortcut

This thread would be a good place to post news of any matches being played at one-off venues, most likely because the pitch on a club's main home ground is being relaid which I'm guessing is the reason for the following switch.

Doncaster are playing two home matches in June at Castle Park, home of Doncaster Knights RUFC:
Sunday June 14th v London Broncos
Sunday June 28th v Whitehaven
Both matches kick off at 3pm.

Sheffield Eagles home matches on those days are currently still listed as 4:15pm at Keepmoat Stadium but I would imagine these will change nearer the time if the pitch is being relaid then.

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Mar 10, 2015, 1:22 PM

Post #8 of 129 (29257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
This thread would be a good place to post news of any matches being played at one-off venues, most likely because the pitch on a club's main home ground is being relaid which I'm guessing is the reason for the following switch.

Doncaster are playing two home matches in June at Castle Park, home of Doncaster Knights RUFC:

Sheffield Eagles home matches on those days are currently still listed as 4:15pm at Keepmoat Stadium but I would imagine these will change nearer the time if the pitch is being relaid then.

Ah, thanks for this, date/venue noted!

2018-19 - 50 games (Highworth-Swi Marine) 160 goals, average gpg 3.20, 19 new grounds, last new, Man City Academy Stadium.
RL Grounds - 33 (Last - Macron Stadium, Challenge Cup SFs (5/8/18), Speedway Tracks 50.

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Mar 10, 2015, 2:43 PM

Post #9 of 129 (29234 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sun May 10th, at Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff Blues RU.

3pm - Champ1 - South Wales Scorpions v North Wales Crusaders.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 24, 2015, 10:11 PM

Post #10 of 129 (27017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 25th April - KO 1230
Warrington Wolves Under 19's v Hull FC Under 19's
@ The Arena, Victoria Park

This appears to be The Wire's only Academy Under 19's home game away from the Helliwell Jones Stadium. Can be doubled with 3pm KO's in the NWCL at Runcorn Linnets, Northwich Flixton Villa or Cheshire League games at Eagle Sports and Greenalls Padgate.

(This post was edited by cherryhopper on Apr 24, 2015, 10:15 PM)

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 15, 2015, 12:07 AM

Post #11 of 129 (26678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Now confirmed on RFL site - Sheffield Eagles v Whitehaven is at Castle Park on Saturday 13th June with a 2pm kick off. 28th June is a double header at the same venue with Doncaster v Whitehaven at 3pm and Sheffield v Workington at 5:15pm.

IAN S
First Team Star

May 15, 2015, 10:59 AM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #12 of 129 (26633 views)
Shortcut

I suspect that the first two games will kick off at the same time as the last two. One can't kick off at 2.00 and one at 3.00. RFL will doubtless get it right eventually.

Will Whitehaven and Workington share a bus??!

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

IAN S
First Team Star

May 15, 2015, 5:20 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #13 of 129 (26579 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

"I suspect that the first two games will kick off at the same time as the last two. One can't kick off at 2.00 and one at 3.00. RFL will doubtless get it right eventually".

This is what happens when you log on half asleep!!

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 28, 2015, 12:05 AM

Post #14 of 129 (26164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

North Wales Crusaders are playing their next two home matches at The Rock, Cefn Druids FC, must be re-laying the pitch at the Racecourse Ground:

Sunday 31st May vs London Skolars
Sunday 14th June vs Rochdale Hornets

Both matches kick off at 2:30pm.

soccerfan
Junior Team Sub

May 31, 2015, 10:25 PM

Post #15 of 129 (25980 views)
Shortcut

I thought I had read somewhere (probably on this forum) that Cefn Druids were laying a 3G pitch this summer, but I could be mistaken.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 31, 2015, 10:48 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #16 of 129 (25958 views)
Shortcut
Re: [soccerfan] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I thought I had read somewhere (probably on this forum) that Cefn Druids were laying a 3G pitch this summer, but I could be mistaken.

Definately got funding for the 3G but is it at The Rock or another venue in Ruabon?

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 11, 2015, 12:08 AM

Post #17 of 129 (25734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Now confirmed that York City Knights v London Skolars this Sunday 14th June is being played at Heworth ARLFC, Elm Park Way, York. Kick-off is 3pm but will aim to get there at least an hour early in case I have to make a mad dash to Doncaster as back-upLaugh.
See separate thread on Knights for more details.

kirby knitters

Jun 11, 2015, 9:58 AM

Post #18 of 129 (25710 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And Wigan Warriors have announced that from next season they are to play one SL home game at a venue in London... Bring it onWink

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 12, 2015, 8:16 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #19 of 129 (25601 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
And Wigan Warriors have announced that from next season they are to play one SL home game at a venue in London... Bring it onWink

Not again! I thought the idea of "on the road" home games was finished. I bet they don't drop the price of a season ticket to reflect it.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

acmold

Jun 12, 2015, 11:54 AM

Post #20 of 129 (25582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

Or maybe about 60 miles north west up the M40

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Jun 12, 2015, 10:47 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #21 of 129 (25514 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Not again! I thought the idea of "on the road" home games was finished. I bet they don't drop the price of a season ticket to reflect it.

It would be the 'free' 14th home game (should they finish in the top four) that would be moved and was included in their season ticket literature at the start of the season, which it seems nobody chose to read.

kirby knitters

Jun 13, 2015, 9:13 PM

Post #22 of 129 (25394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leyther_Matt] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And what's the odds the game taking place at The Hive what with the Lenaghan connection albeit it ex these days? Decent stadium, smoker friendly and an altogether top day out but nowhere near as good for the drinking fraternity as Twickers.

acmold

Jun 14, 2015, 9:52 AM

Post #23 of 129 (25353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
And what's the odds the game taking place at The Hive what with the Lenaghan connection albeit it ex these days? Decent stadium, smoker friendly and an altogether top day out but nowhere near as good for the drinking fraternity as Twickers.

There has been a rumour for a while that one day Wigan would play a game at the Kassam Stadium, again the Lenaghan connection, also the chairman of Wigan Athletic also seems to have an interest in the leisure facilities next to the Stadium these days.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 16, 2015, 11:52 PM

Post #24 of 129 (25231 views)
Shortcut

Huddersdfield Giants have moved their Academy Under 19's home matches from the YMCA ground to the DRAM Centre, Ridgeway, Dalton, Huddersfield HD5 9QJ. It's about a mile east of the John Smith's Stadium.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 16, 2015, 11:57 PM

Post #25 of 129 (25228 views)
Shortcut

Halifax are playing their Championship match against London Broncos at Keighley's Cougar Park on Saturday 27th June. Kick-Off is 6pm allowing plenty of scope for doubles. I can only assume The Shay pitch is being re-laid.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3