Can I trust anyone to do their job properly

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 5, 2015, 9:09 PM

Post #1 of 33 (10242 views)
Shortcut
Can I trust anyone to do their job properly Can't Post or

This week with have seen yet another scandel this time local to me and again involving child abuse Is it only me but be it in councils, social services, government (national and local), the NHS, the Media and football and no doubt in many other areas we have endless people who are not up to the job and are on the fiddle feathering their own nest We know in many cases they are appointed on not what they know but who they know or who their parents know When is this all going to stop and the best honest people for jobs are appointed no matter who they might be.

Uncle Ian
Youth Team Sub

Mar 6, 2015, 12:11 AM

Post #2 of 33 (10197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Added to your comments is the question as to why cant people be properly checked on when they get a sensitive job. My sister-in-law lives with her lesbian girlfriend. Fine. No hassels. But said girlfriend works in the childrens social services section at newham council and has an irish criminal record as long as your arm. How come no one has checked on her

gcnc

Mar 6, 2015, 8:01 AM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #3 of 33 (10165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Uncle Ian] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Added to your comments is the question as to why cant people be properly checked on when they get a sensitive job. My sister-in-law lives with her lesbian girlfriend. Fine. No hassels. But said girlfriend works in the childrens social services section at newham council and has an irish criminal record as long as your arm. How come no one has checked on her

Newham Council will have 'diversity quotas' to meet. Sounds like the lady in question ticks a few boxes, so that will make her ideal for the job.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 6, 2015, 12:28 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #4 of 33 (10100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Uncle Ian] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Would it not make more sense to report this to Newham Council rather than to football forum?

Isaac

Mar 6, 2015, 1:27 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #5 of 33 (10075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Newham Council will have 'diversity quotas' to meet. Sounds like the lady in question ticks a few boxes, so that will make her ideal for the job.

A diversity quota...................still I suppose it gives somebody else a job at the taxpayers expense!!

Oxford Stone
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 6, 2015, 3:02 PM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #6 of 33 (10043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My wife had a bit of a breakdown when our son was about 2, and Social Services were all over us like a rash. Countless pointless meetings that needed me to take time away from work. Wouldn't go away even though obviously not needed. I get the feeling they do easy stuff to make them look busy but duck the difficult / dangerous issues.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Mar 6, 2015, 8:30 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 33 (10001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Sorry, but as a council employee/manager, I have to say that this is absolute bollocks. Councils are generally very good at ensuring there is no discrimination at work, but no-one gets a job so a quota is filled. This is the kind of crap I'd expect to see in a tabloid newspaper, not on this forum.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 6, 2015, 9:51 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #8 of 33 (9929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was between real jobs about seven years ago so applied for short-term
stint at TESCO. I wasn't bothered either way as to whether I got the job or
not but still gave them all the answers that they wanted to hear.

There was a box at the end of the form for 'any other needs' so with football
still high on my Saturday agenda at the time, I stated that I was an 'acidic Jew (sic)'
and therefore cannot work on the aforementioned day.

They rolled over like a puppy having its bollocks tickled and having totally ignored my
deliberate misspelling of the word, lack of hat and pony tail [at that time],
turned around and said you can work nights Monday to Friday if you so wish - sorted for five weeks Sly.

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

windydcfc

Mar 6, 2015, 10:36 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #9 of 33 (9898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

still high on my Saturday agenda at the time, I stated that I was an 'acidic Jew (sic)'

They rolled over like a puppy having its bollocks tickled and having totally ignored my
turned around and said you can work nights Monday to Friday if you so wish - sorted for five weeks Sly.

How's your YiddishLaugh

(This post was edited by windydcfc on Mar 6, 2015, 11:27 PM)

Fanatic
First Team Star

Mar 6, 2015, 10:57 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 33 (9890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Clearly they didn't have a clue, as religious Jews would also refuse to work Friday nights (Shabbat starts at sundown on Friday)!

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 6, 2015, 10:58 PM

Post #11 of 33 (9884 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Damn...missed a trick there.

gcnc

Mar 7, 2015, 7:52 AM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #12 of 33 (9312 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Sorry, but as a council employee/manager, I have to say that this is absolute bollocks. Councils are generally very good at ensuring there is no discrimination at work, but no-one gets a job so a quota is filled. This is the kind of crap I'd expect to see in a tabloid newspaper, not on this forum.

My comment was meant as a lighthearted ironic one. Perhaps I should have put an emoticon on the end to show that.

Having said that, if 'diversity' matters do play no part in the selection process, you have to wonder why such questions often appear on the job application forms.

acmold

Mar 7, 2015, 8:30 AM

Post #13 of 33 (9249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or

I have certainly been told by councils and other employers in the past I would not be given a job or sometimes a interview as I was a white despite being told I was one of the best candidates In some cases even being told more than my jobs worth

acmold

Apr 10, 2015, 2:01 PM

Post #14 of 33 (7778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or

I started this thread after I had got involved in helping a friend out who had encountered numerous problems with their local council. After 4 or 5 months the council have now admitted after the insistence that if a bill was paid the matter would be looked into correctly after a formal complaint was made that they had made many errors. The person concerned only found out when their council tax bill had not arrived for 2015/16 and asked where it was. they were told there was an on going problem and it would be issued in due course. The person made a payment on account and found the outstanding balance for 2015/16 was just over £200. On enquiring the council said a letter had to be sent explaining the errors, it arrived today.

The person had been over charged in 2014/15 on council tax and rent by a near four figure sum, instead of refunding the money they had credited it to this years council tax!. They explained a number of basis errors had been made by their staff. One was an incorrect date had been entered onto the computer and despite being asked to check if it was correct the member of staff failed to do so. Also numerous bits of paperwork had been sent to the person's previous address despite it relating to their current address. Legal proceedings had been raised at one point but the person was never informed and the court did not know of the case, it appears a council working had failed to check that an investigation was ongoing and had issued proceedings in an incorrect name and address anyway!.

The person has also been told they are owed even more money as at times they may have been entitled to a rent reduction due to a low wage, but again an error had been made as the person doing the calculations could not work out that if people were paid weekly instead of monthly every third month would have five weeks. In said months the person added five wage totals together then divided by four to get a average weekly wage, this was pointed out that the average every third month was higher than any one one of the relevant weeks but the rather rude women said that's how it's been calculated so it must be right. The council have also admitted that many documents supplied to them to back up the claim have been lost by their staff, they had been signed / receipted for but procedures then had not been followed and they had gone missing but they do not no who had mislaid them.

The whole council like many others is a total shambles and I go back to one of my points why or why do councils not employ the best staff for the job. In the past I have applied for many jobs in councils and in all that time only ever had one interview, yet time and time again I'm told they can't get the right staff for the job. And one of my hobby horses if you are in an office job and meeting the public men should wear at least a collar and tie and women should be smartly dressed. I do not expect to see staff wearing jeans, T-Shirts and flip-flops meeting with the public.

This council is summed up in one event. While I was waiting for my friend when they were in a "meeting" the receptionist told a number of callers she was to busy to do certain things as were many of her colleaguess as she and other staff were rushed off their feet. This was just before Christmas and all she was actually doing was organising the "Secret Santa" event for the Christmas Party!..

Just to finish my local council say we have a litter picker in my road every two weeks, he / she has not been seen for nearly a year - I have swept the path and tidied the grass bank today. My neighbours wife is very ill and has medical waste that should be collected by the council every Monday it has failed to be collected for two months, he has been told the staff have said they are picking it up every week, just an out and out lie!.

Soap Box away !!.

R.S.Cavendish
First Team Star

Apr 27, 2015, 12:17 PM

Post #15 of 33 (7345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I spent an interesting time yesterday with the owner of a local business. He regularly goes to Rocester to the JCB head office where they also have a training centre and academy. He said that he had been told that Eastern Europeans were by far the best at learning while British/Local youths dropped out on a regular basis. He said the rate of pay was between £11.50 and £13.50 an hour while training and that the Eastern Europeans were superb workers.

Rob North
First Team Star

Apr 27, 2015, 12:53 PM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #16 of 33 (7317 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

This council is summed up in one event. While I was waiting for my friend when they were in a "meeting" the receptionist told a number of callers she was to busy to do certain things as were many of her colleaguess as she and other staff were rushed off their feet. This was just before Christmas and all she was actually doing was organising the "Secret Santa" event for the Christmas Party!..

I write Operation and Maintenance Manuals for a living and a while back I was doing a job for a big office development in London. I'd had dreadful trouble getting any information of the Project Manager. I rang his office and heard a conversation between PM and receptionist in which I heard say to tell me he wasn't in the office. Message passed on I told receptionist I'd heard what was going on and advised her it might be an idea to put the phone on hold next time! To his credit the PM did email that afternoon to apologise and things did move forward.

acmold

May 22, 2015, 11:54 AM

Post #17 of 33 (7005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rob North] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or

The council finally got round to cutting the grass on the bank outside my house yesterday, they tired a couple of weeks ago but only managed the top two feet. They cut the top with a ride on mower and used a strimmer on the bottom bit but left the bit in the middle as it could not be reached from the road or the pavement was left. The bank now has a Mohican while piles of cut grass has not been cleared up. I phoned the council, they are looking into it, like they are to why the tree outside my house is not on the treemap and has not been maintained, why my neighbours and myself have to pay £300 year on top of our rates to have our garden waste taken away, why the promised no cycling on pavement signs were put on the wrong side of the road, why the pavement has not been resurfaced in 30 plus years while the other side of the road has been done 3 times, why the litter picker always misses our side of the road, why the steps on the back have not been maintained for 40 years, etc, etc, etc. If pushed usually following a call from my local MP they say your few houses have been left of the map / rota, etc, etc, etc again!.

soccerfan
Junior Team Sub

May 26, 2015, 4:12 PM

Post #18 of 33 (6810 views)
Shortcut

This thread reminds me of a very funny spoof job advert which I saw somewhere once. It goes something like this;

Dynamic, go-ahead, ambitious, highly-motivated, thinking, extrovert, problem-solving, well-qualified, person sought to water the rubber plants in corporation building in Harlow every Tuesday morning.

acmold

May 26, 2015, 6:03 PM

Post #19 of 33 (6787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or

Still not phoned me back or done anything about it!.

pitch 63
First Team Star

May 26, 2015, 6:22 PM

Post #20 of 33 (6780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [soccerfan] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
This thread reminds me of a very funny spoof job advert which I saw somewhere once. It goes something like this;

Dynamic, go-ahead, ambitious, highly-motivated, thinking, extrovert, problem-solving, well-qualified, person sought to water the rubber plants in corporation building in Harlow every Tuesday morning.

I was disappointed in getting to the end of your blog as I guessed that it would finish as "person sought by Weatherspoons".

PaulC

May 27, 2015, 8:08 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #21 of 33 (6721 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Still not phoned me back or done anything about it!.

It's a wildlife corridor.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 27, 2015, 8:30 AM

Post #22 of 33 (6717 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The RA are well represented on my local council and having
addressed the top man to sort any problems over the years,
I have nothing but praise for them.

Nothing seems to be too much trouble either - a monthly 36pp
A3 paper is delivered on their behalf too, with news and help.
I'm sure it's not unique and there are other similar RAs out
there but a chapeau to these guys who are great council arse kickers.

acmold

May 27, 2015, 9:04 AM

Post #23 of 33 (6704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
It's a wildlife corridor.

Some very interesting things "living" in it, cans. fag packets and polystyrene kebab trays. The promised "litter picker" who picks litter once a week according to council appears to have been abducted by Aliens as he / she has not been seen for months. The worst thing about it all is due to said grass bank we do not get the same rubbish collections as other residents as Council Health and Safety have deemed it and it's steps as unsafe for their workers, the ironic thing is they built it 50 or 60 years ago to make the road more level on a bend 100 yards up the hill.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 27, 2015, 10:17 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #24 of 33 (6681 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The RA are well represented on my local council and having
addressed the top man to sort any problems over the years,
I have nothing but praise for them.

Nothing seems to be too much trouble either - a monthly 36pp
A3 paper is delivered on their behalf too, with news and help.
I'm sure it's not unique and there are other similar RAs out
there but a chapeau to these guys who are great council arse kickers.

The Referees' Association?

acmold

May 27, 2015, 11:23 AM

Post #25 of 33 (6663 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Can I trust anyone to do their job properly [In reply to] Can't Post or

Phoned council again my call and complaint was not logged or recorded they are looking into why and are getting back to me. They have asked me to put the complaint in writing, I said this has been done a number of times and nothing has happened.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3