Pubs clsoing down / change of use

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 9, 2018, 5:50 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #51 of 55 (8271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Pubs clsoing down / change of use [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

More sad news...

Two more pubs have closed on the Isle Of Wight, where a staggering 22% of all pubs are under the cosh of Ei Group (previously skulking under the name of Enterprise Inns). The latest closures are The King Lud in Ryde, which sat on the Esplanade opposite beach right at the front of the town, and The New Inn in Shalfleet, over to the west on the road to Yarmouth. The King Lud was often full of day-trippers and could be a mix of both fun and boisterous. The New Inn, however, was always a bit of a gem - an old rural place where I can remember spending summer afternoons supping cider.

https://www.iwcp.co.uk/...es-campaigners-urge/

Feversham Lens
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 9, 2018, 1:23 PM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #52 of 55 (8207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Pubs clsoing down / change of use [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Spotted Cow (Salendine Nook, Huddersfield) razed in preparation for a Lidl being built on the site:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/...uced-rubble-15389581

For sporting (and other) images, visit https://www.flickr.com/photos/feversham/

Ground/venue totals: Football 909; Rugby Union 266; Rugby League 216; Cricket 125; Speedway 53; Stock Cars 25; Grasstrack 15; Ice Hockey 15; Cycle Speedway 4; Greyhounds 2.

Loiner
First Team Star

Dec 30, 2018, 11:59 PM

Team(s): None. A supporter of grassroots football

Post #53 of 55 (3698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Pubs clsoing down / change of use [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Barley Mow on Town Street, Bramley, Leeds closed earlier this month and is now boarded up with a fence around. There is a "For Sale" board up..

The rear of the Pub housed the dressing rooms for Bramley RLFC when the ground was directly behind.. I attended my first match there in April 1053!

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 31, 2018, 1:25 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #54 of 55 (3666 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Loiner] Pubs clsoing down / change of use [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The Barley Mow on Town Street, Bramley, Leeds closed earlier this month and is now boarded up with a fence around. There is a "For Sale" board up..

The rear of the Pub housed the dressing rooms for Bramley RLFC when the ground was directly behind.. I attended my first match there in April 1053! =================================== Bloody hell , I know your an old so & so D but not realised how old.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 203 / 168 / 35 (You know my rules) @25 /03 /2019. Only 17 x 0-0's - ( 3 in 10 at mo !).

Project TFTopTierUEFAGrounds2018/19. Clubs 712.Grounds (Variable).(Inc Summer Leagues 2019. TBC) .
Need - 104 (14-6 %) @ 23/03/2019.

Loiner
First Team Star

Dec 31, 2018, 8:31 PM

Team(s): None. A supporter of grassroots football

Post #55 of 55 (3317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Pubs clsoing down / change of use [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

The rear of the Pub housed the dressing rooms for Bramley RLFC when the ground was directly behind.. I attended my first match there in April 1053! =================================== Bloody hell , I know your an old so & so D but not realised how old.

1953. it was lateUnsure

(This post was edited by Loiner on Dec 31, 2018, 8:31 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3