Mar 17, 2008, 1:14 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 4 (3912 views)
Shortcut
Free Cricket in April 2008 Can't Post or Reply Privately

"Pre Season" Friendly's

Mon 7th April Lancashire v Yorkshire 1 day match
Tues/Weds 8th/9th April Lancashire v Yorkshire 2 day match

AS PER USUAL SUBJECT TO THE JOYS OF THE LOVELY ENGLISH WEATHER !!!

All 3 days at Old Trafford, Manchester.

Free Admission to ALL.
Further details see Lancashire Cricket Club website.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 19, 2008, 2:03 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #2 of 4 (3815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peter9] Free Cricket in April 2008 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

While trawling the net last night looking for questions for a quiz I'm setting tonight, I discovered that Towcester racecourse only charge admission two days a year - and that's a recent change; all the rest of their meetings are free entry !

jimmyjazz
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 17, 2008, 10:01 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 4 (3310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Free Cricket in April 2008 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can confirm that's absolutely true, never been myself as I've a paranoid fear that the nags and gambling are satanic.

Rob North
First Team Star

Jun 18, 2008, 11:20 AM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #4 of 4 (3285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MKJames] Free Cricket in April 2008 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

MKJames

Take it from me, it's perfectly possible to watch and enjoy horse racing without a monetary interest, I've done it plenty of times. Drop in at Towcester for the day and you will enjoy yourself.......but from experience, careful where you park if it's wet!!

'Gambling' is just one way of parting a fool and his money. If betting, and there are any amount of sports you can bet on these days, wasn't there you can be damned sure the fools would find some other way of doing their money.

My own betting is reserved for those occasions when I think I have an edge, so I'd class it as 'investment' rather than 'gambling'. I come unstuck on occasions but overall I'm approaching 'the game' from a positive angle. If nothing else I'd advise those betting on the sport to a) only bet if you have a positive reason for backing the horse, b) only bet what you can afford to lose.

Rob

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3