First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 23, 2017, 2:41 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #1 of 46 (2486 views)
Shortcut
     Angry people   or Reply Privately

Since after the Eu vote, in Holywell seems some very angry people around, other day in Holywell saw 2 people having right Barney in the street turns out there neighbours in council estate who have fallen out big style, seems we're are angry Britain at the moment

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

Mike S
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 23, 2017, 3:45 PM

Post #2 of 46 (2458 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [garethwrexy] Angry people [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Ah the kind of thing that never happened pre brexit

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Apr 23, 2017, 4:02 PM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #3 of 46 (2434 views)
Shortcut

Look no further than the 'Shock General Election Called' thread on these very pages to get a snapshot of the mood of certain folk.

They seem happy to spew forth bile and disdain toward any poster who doesn't agree with their own skewed 'Caledonian' views.

Too many have their knickers in a twist and would do well to heed the advice of our recently departed PM who suggested ....calm down dear.!!

Crazy

Isaac

Apr 23, 2017, 4:25 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #4 of 46 (2422 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Since after the Eu vote, in Holywell seems some very angry people around, other day in Holywell saw 2 people having right Barney in the street turns out there neighbours in council estate who have fallen out big style, seems we're are angry Britain at the moment

Neighbours do fall out from time to time, I don't quite see the connection to the EU vote?

garethwrexy

Apr 23, 2017, 5:39 PM

Post #5 of 46 (2389 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Isaac] Angry people [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

I think be rise in angry people since Brexit

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Apr 23, 2017, 6:54 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 46 (2367 views)
Shortcut

I've not seen anything untoward connected with Brexit and the attacks that were reported by the press on Poles etc seemed to have stopped.

garethwrexy

Apr 23, 2017, 7:15 PM

Post #7 of 46 (2351 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [kirby knitters] Angry people [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Holywell is town on its knees desperate times for some

buncranaboy

Apr 23, 2017, 8:16 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #8 of 46 (2310 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Holywell is town on its knees desperate times for some

I would imagine the similarities to Aleppo are staggering Crazy

garethwrexy

Apr 23, 2017, 8:41 PM

Post #9 of 46 (2292 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [buncranaboy] Angry people [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In north wales there are areas in poverty at the moment areas like Rhyl, Holywell, Wrexham, Flint, shotton, colwyn bay, people are struggling with money, lack of jobs, which in big mix makes people angry

Fanatic
First Team Star

Apr 23, 2017, 11:01 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 46 (2245 views)
Shortcut

I'm not surprised people are angry; since the financial crash only Greece has seen a worse fall in real wages than the UK amongst OECD countries. We are one of only three countries where wages have fallen (the other being Portugal). In 2015 our wages were 10% lower than in 2007, whilst in France they were 10% higher and in Germany they were 14% higher.

The government and the supportive media has tried to push the anger onto various scapegoats - immigrants, muslims, trade unions, the EU. But the government haven't solved the problem, arguably because their policies are actually the root cause, so the anger grows and the scapegoating grows, eventually leading to people voting for Brexit.

And this won't solve the problem either - it might actually make things worse. This will mean even more anger, but because most newspapers support the government, they won't aim it at them. So some other group will become the target. And that won't end well either.

Plus Brexit has probably made even more people angry - people who voted remain are now angry because they feel that the Leave camp cheated their way to victory. People who voted for Scottish independence in 2014 probably feel the same way about the result there.

We are not heading in a good direction.

PaulC

Apr 23, 2017, 11:21 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #11 of 46 (2232 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Fanatic] Angry people [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm not surprised people are angry; since the financial crash only Greece has seen a worse fall in real wages than the UK amongst OECD countries. We are one of only three countries where wages have fallen (the other being Portugal). In 2015 our wages were 10% lower than in 2007, whilst in France they were 10% higher and in Germany they were 14% higher.

The government and the supportive media has tried to push the anger onto various scapegoats - immigrants, muslims, trade unions, the EU. But the government haven't solved the problem, arguably because their policies are actually the root cause, so the anger grows and the scapegoating grows, eventually leading to people voting for Brexit.

And this won't solve the problem either - it might actually make things worse. This will mean even more anger, but because most newspapers support the government, they won't aim it at them. So some other group will become the target. And that won't end well either.

Plus Brexit has probably made even more people angry - people who voted remain are now angry because they feel that the Leave camp cheated their way to victory. People who voted for Scottish independence in 2014 probably feel the same way about the result there.

Yeah but that Corbyn's a Commie innee! I read it in the Mail/Express/Sun/Telegraph*

That nice Mrs May has my interests at heart.

" Delete as appropriate.

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 24, 2017, 12:25 AM

Post #12 of 46 (2204 views)
Shortcut

'Ever get the feeling you've been cheated' said Johnny Rotten.

Well those that were abandoned by LibLabCon did, hence the 'mess' we're in now.

Funny that I don't recall many on the progressive left making much noise about the disaffected working class (apart from calling them racists and homophobes etc. and to shut up and know their place - you know, like the right-wingers did before the left won the cultural war), so you've now reaped what you've sown. How those seeds of division have matured into a fine and mighty crop - you could almost make a wall out of it!

If you want to know who to blame for Farage, Trump, Brexit etc. I can tell you whose fault it is - THE NEW LEFT.

The new left ruined everything - by trying to be culturally and morally superior and dismissing any other point of view other than their own they just became an echo-chamber. The same old excuses, belittling, bullying and even threatening people did not work and now the prevailing direction of politics is to the right.

I voted against the new left because it has nothing to offer - it is bland and insipid. Once upon a time, to be a leftie was cool and hip and trendy man, now these people want everything censored and banned. You can't read The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn because it's racist, you can't read The Catcher In The Rye because the swear words will hurt somebody's feelings. It is as if they have become modern day Mary Whitehouse's - their feelings matter more than your facts tra-la-la-la-la.

That is why people voted the way they did - they value freedom and democracy even if generation snowflake don't. Blame these idiots for scuppering your dreams, and blame them for the rise of Farage, Yiannopoulous (?) etc. along with the fall of the liberal empire and forthcoming end of the EU.

IF you want the left to survive, you need to talk with people who disagree with you - debate and encourage discussion and don't just dismiss a point of view because you disagree with it. The Liberal Democrats are doing this with Brexit - they won't listen to the majority of people hence Farron is committing political suicide. We are all Human Beings and each voice matters - even if you vote Communist or BNP you should have the right to be heard.

Shutting down debate and discussion has led to this point in our history, and I fear that unless both sides talk we may as well just build a wall between Remain and Leave voters if we cannot agree to disagree.

Isaac

Apr 24, 2017, 8:03 AM

Post #13 of 46 (2156 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Cheated their way to victory?Crazy

(This post was edited by Isaac on Apr 24, 2017, 8:05 AM)

Fanatic
First Team Star

Apr 24, 2017, 8:37 AM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 46 (2144 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I think lying to the electorate is cheating, is it not?

Richard Rundle

Apr 24, 2017, 8:57 AM

Post #15 of 46 (2138 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [kirby knitters] Angry people [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I've not seen anything untoward connected with Brexit and the attacks that were reported by the press on Poles etc seemed to have stopped.

Have the attacks stopped or is it just the reporting of it stopped?

kirby knitters

Apr 24, 2017, 9:42 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #16 of 46 (2123 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Richard Rundle] Angry people [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

The usual papers that were reporting these incidents may well have moved on to other stories so yes it could well still be going on.

acmold

Apr 24, 2017, 10:22 AM

Post #17 of 46 (2109 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Fanatic] Angry people [In reply to]   or

A lot of this wage fall is down to the minimum wage, everyone is guaranteed a minimum but many jobs that used to command more than the minmum wage are now paid the minmum. It's reflected upwards where someone leaves supervisors or middle management job it is advertised at a much lower rate. Added to that other benefits are cut such as overtime rates and Bank Holiday work. Plus you have many firms cutting or doing away with pension schemes and the increase in the pension age. If the Tories get a large majority things will only get worse.

Holywell does not seem to be that badly off as residents still seem to have money to go to the pub and use Taxis.

garethwrexy

Apr 24, 2017, 11:23 AM

Post #18 of 46 (2091 views)
Shortcut

Life I should what you make it, I been lucky always got work take thus week got work booked from Tuesday- Friday with day off today, jobs are out there people just need to find them

garethwrexy

Apr 24, 2017, 11:27 AM

Post #19 of 46 (2086 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [acmold] Angry people [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

And deal drugs

Isaac

Apr 24, 2017, 11:39 AM

Post #20 of 46 (2078 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

OMG.......nothing like a sore loser!

Isaac

Apr 24, 2017, 11:41 AM

Post #21 of 46 (2074 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Life I should what you make it, I been lucky always got work take thus week got work booked from Tuesday- Friday with day off today, jobs are out there people just need to find them

Some people prefer to whinge!

PaulC

Apr 24, 2017, 11:49 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #22 of 46 (2069 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

That's not really an answer to a question.

garethwrexy

Apr 24, 2017, 12:20 PM

Post #23 of 46 (2056 views)
Shortcut

It's mix of Young and old out off work in Holywell, often families get generations who don't work end up in trouble with the law which is sad

Isaac

Apr 24, 2017, 1:19 PM

Post #24 of 46 (2032 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [PaulC] Angry people [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I think it is.

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 24, 2017, 1:37 PM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #25 of 46 (2015 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I think it is.

Different thread. Same crap.

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3