Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 18, 2017, 4:54 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #26 of 70 (6524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can someone tell me what is Provisional about Southall?

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

pottersbarbee
Youth Team Regular

Jun 18, 2017, 5:09 PM

Post #27 of 70 (6513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

supposed to be sharing with Hayes and Yeading who still don't know if ground is going to be usable.

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 18, 2017, 9:13 PM

Post #28 of 70 (6350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pottersbarbee] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
supposed to be sharing with Hayes and Yeading who still don't know if ground is going to be usable.

Are Hanwell Town having any replacement tenants that Southall can't hang on there until The New Warren is ready?

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

runtings
Junior Team Regular

Jun 19, 2017, 7:54 AM

Team(s): Sporting Bengal United FC, Sun Sports FC,

Post #29 of 70 (6148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I see London Lions, who won the Herts Senior County League Premier Division have been placed in Division 1.

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 19, 2017, 8:21 AM

Team(s): None

Post #30 of 70 (6133 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Are Hanwell Town having any replacement tenants that Southall can't hang on there until The New Warren is ready?

I think Kensington Borough will be moving in to Hanwell's ground.

jrev61

Karen Browne
Reserve Team Star

Jun 19, 2017, 8:40 AM

Team(s): Welwyn Garden City

Post #31 of 70 (6109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I think Kensington Borough will be moving in to Hanwell's ground.

Kensington Borough are playing at Bedfont & Feltham a ground they were told by the SSML was outside their area and therefore the club asked to join the Combined Counties League

Karen Browne
Spartan South Midlands League
Fixtures Officer

HarryC
First Team Star

Jun 19, 2017, 9:29 AM

Team(s): Fleet, Aldershot, Chelsea

Post #32 of 70 (6045 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yes, Hanwell will be hosting London Tigers

Karen Browne
Reserve Team Star

Jun 19, 2017, 12:49 PM

Post #33 of 70 (5891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HarryC] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

London Tigers are groundsharing with Northwood

Karen Browne
Fixtures Officer

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 19, 2017, 3:08 PM

Post #34 of 70 (5762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HarryC] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

No, my Northwood will be hosting London Tigers. We've even dispensed with our reserves to make room for them.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 25, 2017, 3:49 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #35 of 70 (5242 views)
Shortcut

Haven't yet seen the final constitution but AFC Southgate tweeted they've been accepted into SSML Div 2 for next season. They've also put the league cup draw on their Facebook page, which I can't cut and paste and can't be bothered to retype so here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=3&theater. Click on the image and you'll see there are 28 ties, not 26 as might appear at first glance.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jun 25, 2017, 3:50 PM)

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 25, 2017, 3:58 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #36 of 70 (5233 views)
Shortcut

No, my Northwood will be hosting London Tigers. We've even dispensed with our reserves to make room for them.

Will anyone be using Tigers' old ground at Western Avenue next season?

DJM61
Youth Team Star

Jun 25, 2017, 4:31 PM

Post #37 of 70 (5199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Will anyone be using Tigers' old ground at Western Avenue next season?[/reply
Last time i drove past it still had the rubbish cars and vans on it don't think anybody will be on the ground for quite a long time if ever ? ]

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 25, 2017, 6:07 PM

Post #38 of 70 (5156 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Will anyone be using Tigers' old ground at Western Avenue next season?

Apparently the "travellers", left a considerable mess a so I don't think anyone will be playing out of there for a considerable while, if ever. I'd like to know who owns the land it's on out of pure curiosity.

And on another thread it's stated Southall will be playing out of Amersham Town. Not as bad as the time the original Southall played out of Tring (mid 90s), but still a home "away" from home.

Karen Browne
Reserve Team Star

Jun 25, 2017, 8:56 PM

Post #39 of 70 (5055 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Haven't yet seen the final constitution but AFC Southgate tweeted they've been accepted into SSML Div 2 for next season. They've also put the league cup draw on their Facebook page, which I can't cut and paste and can't be bothered to retype so here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=3&theater. Click on the image and you'll see there are 28 ties, not 26 as might appear at first glance.

Confirmed Constitution

PREMIER DIVISION (22)
Berkhamsted
Biggleswade FC
Biggleswade United
Cockfosters
Colney Heath
Crawley Green
Edgware Town
Hadley
Harpenden Town
Hoddesdon Town
Holmer Green
Leighton Town
Leverstock Green
London Colney
London Tigers
Oxhey Jets
St Margaretsbury
Stotfold
Sun Sports
Tring Athletic
Welwyn Garden City
Wembley

DIVISION ONE (20)
Ampthill Town
Baldock Town
Bedford
Brimsdown
Broadfields United
Buckingham Athletic
Codicote
Enfield Borough
FC Broxbourne Borough
Harefield United
Hatfield Town
Hillingdon Borough
Langford
London Lions
New Bradwell St Peter
Rayners Lane
Risborough Rangers
Southall
Winslow United
Wodson Park

DIVISION TWO (18)
AFC Southgate
Amersham Town
Aston Clinton
Berkhamsted Raiders
Clean Slate
Grendon Rangers
Loughton Manor
MK Gallacticos
Mursley United
Old Bradwell United
Park View
Pitstone & Ivinghoe
St Neots Town Reserves
The 61FC (Luton)
Totternhoe
Tring Corinthians
Tring Town AFC
Unite MK FC

Karen Browne
Fixtures Officer

Uncle T
Youth Team Sub

Jul 10, 2017, 9:11 AM

Team(s): Leverstock Green FC

Post #40 of 70 (4384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karen Browne] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The clubs were asked to vote on playoffs for Division One this was rejected by a very large majority.

gary466
Youth Team Sub

Jul 10, 2017, 10:12 PM

Post #41 of 70 (4023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karen Browne] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The constitution on THEFA is rather different from the one that was posted here only recently - half a dozen changes in each division. Rayners Lane are not listed now. Does anyone know where they stand?

furtho
Junior Team Regular

Jul 10, 2017, 10:44 PM

Team(s):

Post #42 of 70 (3989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gary466] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's the 16/17 constitution that's just been rolled forward unchanged.

Karen Browne
Reserve Team Star

Jul 11, 2017, 10:53 AM

Post #43 of 70 (3779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gary466] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The constitution on THEFA is rather different from the one that was posted here only recently - half a dozen changes in each division. Rayners Lane are not listed now. Does anyone know where they stand?

Full Time now amended with correct constitutions for all divisions

Karen Browne
Fixtures Officer

furtho
Junior Team Regular

Jul 21, 2017, 3:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #44 of 70 (3117 views)
Shortcut

New Bradwell St Peter have folded, St Neots Town Reserves being moved up from Division 2 to take the Peters' place in Division 1 for 2017/18.

TheWavendonian
Youth Team Star

Jul 21, 2017, 6:06 PM

Team(s): Anywhere picturesque making good tea

Post #45 of 70 (3017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [furtho] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think its the usual MK case of the manager going and the players following but could be wrong. Not aware of any details but footballmk on twitter seems to indicate that going by the conversation on there. A very sad day.

furtho
Junior Team Regular

Jul 21, 2017, 7:41 PM

Team(s):

Post #46 of 70 (2959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TheWavendonian] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
footballmk on twitter

That's me.

NBSP is not so much about the players as about the committee, mates of the manager who all stepped down when the manager quit. There was literally no-one there to pick things up.

TheWavendonian
Youth Team Star

Jul 21, 2017, 7:45 PM

Post #47 of 70 (2950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [furtho] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ah, that makes sense. So thats you. I do hope they come back in some form or another. Such a picteresque venue.

furtho
Junior Team Regular

Jul 21, 2017, 7:51 PM

Team(s):

Post #48 of 70 (2944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TheWavendonian] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I hope so too. A club with lots of history and with a ground that MK cannot really afford to be without. But if they do come back it will be via someone coming in and starting the whole thing from scratch (or, I suppose, an existing club moving into the facility and ideally taking on the name).

stingray
First Team Star

Jul 22, 2017, 4:07 PM

Team(s): Step 4/5 local sides

Post #49 of 70 (2689 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I think its the usual MK case of the manager going and the players following but could be wrong. Not aware of any details but footballmk on twitter seems to indicate that going by the conversation on there. A very sad day.

Or the usual Craig Bicknell thing. When he came to Leighton, he brought a good number of Ampthill players with him. When he left, they left as well.

50 goals in 14 games
140.50 spent.

TheWavendonian
Youth Team Star

Jul 23, 2017, 7:47 AM

Post #50 of 70 (2418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stingray] Spartan South Midlands League 2017/18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes it is Stingray. It nearly ruined Leighton too. Unfortunately when a team does not and has no interest in representing a town, this is what happens. Just a load of mates moving about. That's why i have respect for people like Sean Downey and Alan Biley and the players like Ben Gallant. They DO represent Leighton Buzzard however successful or unsuccessful they are.

(This post was edited by TheWavendonian on Jul 23, 2017, 7:48 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3