Extant clubs that have played in the FA Cup

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 23, 2018, 7:22 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #1 of 3 (2456 views)
Shortcut
Extant clubs that have played in the FA Cup Can't Post or Reply Privately

Been looking at which present clubs have ever entered the great competition.

First tab I have listed the Step 6 clubs that have never played in the FA Cup. Most are new-ish to Step 6 football and above.
Most of the ones that aren't new have never played in it due to their lack of floodlights.
The four exceptions appear to be longstanding step 6-ers Buckingham Athletic, Downham Town, Winslow United and Burton Park Wanderers. The first three are currently in with a shout of getting in next season, if they bother to apply for it. BPW didn't enter the Vase this year and so would be ineligible even if they did finish high enough.

At Step 7 and below I have found 139 clubs that have played in the FA Cup in the past.
I must add that 5 of them on the list (Great Harwood Town, Leeds City, Loughborough United, Blackburn Olympic and Sunderland West End) most likely bear no relation to the original clubs of those names BUT the names that appeared in the FA Cup are names of extant clubs so I have included them.

Others are previous incarnations (Trowbridge, Denaby, Darlaston etc), but those clubs do have strong links to the old club in some way and are in most cases seen as continuations/reformations of clubs that did partake in the FA Cup.

Harwich & Parkeston hold the record for most FA Cup appearances for a side below Step 6 at present, with 65 appearances. St Blazey are 2nd on 61.

58 of the top 60 currently play at Steps 7 or 8. Great Harwood Town and Loughborough United the two playing much further down.
The club on the list playing at the lowest level, at present, is Warlingham who currently play at "Step 13".

If you can add any to the list that you believe I have missed please let me know, as I am sure I have missed the odd one!
Attachments: FA Cup Entrants.xlsx (18.4 KB)

SimonG
Reserve Team Sub

Jan 23, 2018, 11:03 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Extant clubs that have played in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Burton Park Wanderers did enter the Vase this season. Lost 1-2 at Eynesbury Rovers in the second qualifying round.
They won't finish high enough to qualify for the FA Cup though.

Philmobil
Youth Team Regular

Feb 27, 2018, 3:29 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 3 (1335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Extant clubs that have played in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Your information is not correct re no. of FA Cup appearances

e.g. Harwich & Parkeston has competed in FA Cup 94 times
Denaby Utd competed 88 times
Minehead 77 times

If you have been sourcing your information from Football Club History Database, that data is incomplete

Club(s) missed out include
Abingdon Town - 62 FA Cup campaigns - this year in Hellenic D2 East (step 7)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3