Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Obituaries and Remembrances:
Dave West (non-league fan & photographer)

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 31, 2018, 1:42 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #1 of 6 (3816 views)
Shortcut
Dave West (non-league fan & photographer) Can't Post or Reply Privately

Dave West was a non-league photographer, well known on the snapping circuit down the years.
He ran the Club Shop at Croydon FC for many decades, and only recently re-started the shop there, after a gap of a decade, maybe, or more.
He was well-known on the south London groudhopping circuit, often with his camera.
He also liked to watch Folkestone Invicta, as that was the town of his birth, as well well as most of the south London sides, at all levels, from National League down to the Kent County League.
He was also a fan of ice hockey & rugby league, in particular Streatham (Redskins) & the now-defunct South London Storm.
I, personally had the pleasure of having him as a friend for over thirty years, at least.
He died on Monday evening.

Grounds visited: 728
Last new ground: Harefield United; Preston Park, Harefield, Middlesex. (Spartan South Midland League first fivision)
Last game: Wednesday 19th September 2018:Bridon Ropes 0, Tunbridge Wells 1. [FA Vase 2nd qualifying round replay]
Matches watched this season: 52
2017/18-New English grounds: 5; & foreign: 2

Dave 56
Reserve Team Star

Jan 31, 2018, 3:21 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #2 of 6 (3756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Dave West (non-league fan & photographer) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Very sad news. Bumped into Dave many times over the years, always the same easy going nice guy with a love of photography and Invicta.

R.I.P. Dave

leohoenig
Administrator

Jan 31, 2018, 7:12 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 6 (3672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Dave West (non-league fan & photographer) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Like many others on here, I have ran into Dave many times on my travels. He was always good to chat to, and will be greatly missed

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Roger D
Youth Team Regular

Jan 31, 2018, 7:58 PM

Team(s): Prescot Panthers & Oxford RL

Post #4 of 6 (3646 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Dave West (non-league fan & photographer) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Awful news. Dave was one of those I hoped to catch up with at Streatham v Telford until the lurgy prevented me from going. Can't quite believe I won't see him again somewhere around the southern RL circuit.

Gone far too soon. Thanks for the memories Dave.

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Jan 31, 2018, 11:06 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #5 of 6 (3530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Roger D] Dave West (non-league fan & photographer) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sad to hear this news, met Dave in the early 80's when he was watching Leeds along with one of my mates. Remember my mate talking me into driving him to Blackburn v Leeds on Boxing Day 1984 and we picked up Dave in South London. Like a lot of others bumped into him on many occasions and i also saw him a few times at Wimbledon speedway when it re opened and also at Kent Speedway at Sittingbourne, which was probably the last time i saw him. RIP Dave

The Wall
Reserve Team Regular

Feb 23, 2018, 5:26 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2307 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Dave West (non-league fan & photographer) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Funeral arrangements have now made, 16.00 Thursday 15th March at Croydon Crem. Thornton Road, Thornton Heath, CR7 6BB

The Family advise all Dave’s friends are welcome to attend and afterwards, hopefully at Croydon FC Social Club. tbc

(This post was edited by The Wall on Feb 23, 2018, 8:18 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3