One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

IAN S
First Team Star

Feb 10, 2018, 6:19 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #101 of 119 (2726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not that I know but it's not that easy to get them.

Website sales apparently don't work. On website, under tickets, is a phone number that doesn't exist. However, there's another number 0114 398 1998 that I phoned yesterday and I think I've ordered a ticket for both opening games, although it remains to be seen if they turn up!

It is Sheffield Eagles after all!

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Feb 10, 2018, 6:39 PM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #102 of 119 (2719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There were a couple of Eagles fans at the University of Hull-Myton Warriors Challenge Cup tie this afternoon. They didn't think the London game was all-ticket.

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Feb 14, 2018, 9:27 AM

Post #103 of 119 (2555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rochdale Hornets versus Dewsbury Rams (Championship) is at Spotland on Monday evening (February 19th). Kick-off is 7.45. I've heard a new pitch is being laid this week.

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Feb 14, 2018, 9:28 AM)

IAN S
First Team Star

Feb 14, 2018, 4:49 PM

Post #104 of 119 (2482 views)
Shortcut

The game is certainly not advertised as "all ticket" but I can't see you paying cash at the turnstile.

The couple would be Martin, (the one in the wheelchair) and his mate Jim. Martin hasn't missed a game for years, certainly not since the Eagles were reformed, including friendlies.

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Feb 14, 2018, 4:57 PM

Post #105 of 119 (2479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'll email the club. See if I can get a straight answer out of them.

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Feb 22, 2018, 8:54 PM

Post #106 of 119 (2227 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Not that I know but it's not that easy to get them.

Website sales apparently don't work. On website, under tickets, is a phone number that doesn't exist. However, there's another number 0114 398 1998 that I phoned yesterday and I think I've ordered a ticket for both opening games, although it remains to be seen if they turn up!

It is Sheffield Eagles after all!

Unsurprisingly, my email to Sheffield Eagles, querying admission arrangements for the London Broncos game, went unanswered. And Eagles have the absolute nerve to whine about lack of support from Sheffield's sporting public. I'd say they get the crowds they deserve.

By way of contrast: I emailed York City Knights last week about admission arrangements for the Bradford Bulls match. I received a reply in less than two minutes. And that was at 10 o'clock in the evening. Crowd for the game was 4,281 - probably more than Sheffield Eagles will attract this season in six home matches combined. As with so many things in life, one reaps what one sows.

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Feb 22, 2018, 9:00 PM)

IAN S
First Team Star

Feb 23, 2018, 5:31 PM

Post #107 of 119 (2144 views)
Shortcut

No tickets have been sent out yet, season or otherwise.

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Feb 25, 2018, 2:39 PM

Post #108 of 119 (2043 views)
Shortcut

One all-amateur match I shall endeavour to get to:

March 30 (Good Friday)
Standard Cup Final @ Oldham RUFC (OL8 2TJ, 11.45am)
Oldham St Anne's versus Rochdale Mayfield

The proceedings start at 10.30am with a masters game

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Feb 25, 2018, 3:11 PM)

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Mar 2, 2018, 9:39 AM

Post #109 of 119 (1839 views)
Shortcut

Olympic Legacy Park opener postponed...

http://www.sheffieldeagles.com/...stpone-broncos-match

IAN S
First Team Star

Mar 2, 2018, 12:57 PM

Post #110 of 119 (1791 views)
Shortcut

On Eagles site it says something about not being able to sweep the pitch because there is too much snow and it would take all the rubber pellets with it if they swept it.

ARNOLD241
Reserve Team Sub

Mar 2, 2018, 1:57 PM

Post #111 of 119 (1773 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
On Eagles site it says something about not being able to sweep the pitch because there is too much snow and it would take all the rubber pellets with it if they swept it.

'Another inspection will take place on Saturday but the likelihood that the game will remain postponed'

Not heard of that before!

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 4, 2018, 7:23 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #112 of 119 (1637 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
For those who haven't seen rugby league at Elland Road, Leeds:

Leeds Rhinos host, at Elland Road, Hull Kingston Rovers on Thursday, February 8 (7.45pm) and Castleford Tigers on Friday, March 23 (7.45pm). Both Super League fixtures.

There's an England v New Zealand game due to be played there in November as well which is on a Sunday afternoon.

Last new ground (800): Sandygate - Hallam v Runcorn Linnets 12/8/18
Last game: as above
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia

(This post was edited by DavetheGlassboy on Mar 4, 2018, 7:25 PM)

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Mar 4, 2018, 8:01 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #113 of 119 (1613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
For those who haven't seen rugby league at Elland Road, Leeds:

Leeds Rhinos host, at Elland Road, Hull Kingston Rovers on Thursday, February 8 (7.45pm) and Castleford Tigers on Friday, March 23 (7.45pm). Both Super League fixtures.

There's an England v New Zealand game due to be played there in November as well which is on a Sunday afternoon.

They will also meet on June 23 at the Mile High Stadium in Denver, USA

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 22, 2018, 12:05 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #114 of 119 (1404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Another chance to see Kells on the cliff top. Saturday's match vs Wigan St Patricks is being played at the Pit Field according to their twitter.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 5, 2018, 11:21 PM

Post #115 of 119 (1196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Warrington Wolves U19's are playing the majority of their home games this year at Victoria Park athletics arena with kick off's either 1100 or 1200 on Saturday's offering potential double, even treble opportunities if you include the late televised NCL game. This Saturday's game vs Widnes kicks off at 1100.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 31, 2018, 10:34 PM

Post #116 of 119 (814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On the same day their respective senior teams meet in the Challenge Cup quarter-Final at the Halliwell Jones, Warrington Wolves U19's v Wigan U19's kicks off at 11am at Victoria Park this Saturday 2nd June. Can also be doubled with 1430 NCL games at Thatto Heath, Pilkingtons, Ince Rose Bridge, Wigan St Pats, St Judes, Woolston Rovers, Oldham St Annes and Waterhead.

Later in June at the same venue Warrington U19's entertain Leeds Rhino's on 16th (1200) and St Helens on 23rd (1100).

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Jun 2, 2018, 11:27 AM

Post #117 of 119 (717 views)
Shortcut

York City Knights Ladies tomorrow (3/6) play their second game at York St John University Sports Park. Widnes Vikings Ladies are the visitors for a women's Challenge Cup tie (2pm). It looks as though York's women will play some of their games at the Sports Park and some at Bootham Crescent, the latter as double-headers with the men. Programmes are being issued for the women's matches.

Loiner
First Team Star

Jun 2, 2018, 10:04 PM

Team(s): None. A supporter of grassroots football

Post #118 of 119 (656 views)
Shortcut

Women's Challenge Cup tie between Leeds Rhinos and Wakefield Trinity tomorrow (Sunday) is at Weetwood Sports Park (Leeds University) with a 1pm kick off. Admission by donation according to Rhinos website.

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Jul 10, 2018, 7:54 AM

Post #119 of 119 (278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Loiner] One For The Rugby League 'Hoppers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Allerton Bywater ARLFC will host the inaugural Castleford & Featherstone ARL Edgar Hanson Nines tournament on August 26. First game 1pm. Eight teams to take part:

http://www.totalrl.com/...arl-nines-confirmed/

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3