Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
No TMS next winter (18-19)

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 18, 2018, 9:55 PM

Post #1 of 6 (5521 views)
Shortcut
No TMS next winter (18-19) Can't Post or Reply Privately

The BBC has been outbid by TalkSport for the radio broadcast rights for England's winters tours of Sri Lanka and the West Indies. It will be the first time since 2004-05 in South Africa that TMS has not covered a winter series. TalkSport also had the tour of Pakistan in 2000-01.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/...inment-arts-43807117

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Apr 18, 2018, 10:51 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #2 of 6 (5494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] No TMS next winter (18-19) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Every time i listen to TalkSport I always hear the voice of Stan Collymore so I hope they have someone else lined up for the cricket.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 18, 2018, 11:34 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #3 of 6 (5484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] No TMS next winter (18-19) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

He left Talk Sport nearly 2 years ago.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 139/ 115 / 24(You know my rules) @ 14 /12 /2018.(Only 11 x 0-0's)

Project TFTTUEFAG's2018/19. Clubs 712.Grounds (Variable).
Need - 108 ( 15.2%).

AndyE
First Team Star

Apr 19, 2018, 1:24 PM

Team(s): Chatham Town

Post #4 of 6 (5402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] No TMS next winter (18-19) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Which tour was it when TalkSport bought the radio rights and then didn't actually bother to broadcast the cricket? I hope the new deal states in words of one syllable that they forfeit the rights at once if they do that again.

But from what I remember of TalkSport coverage in the past, it will go something like this:

"Welcome to Colombo, where England are playing Sri Lanka on TalkSport Cricket brought to you in association with cheaptat dot com.
England are 27-1, and Root is about to face a bloke with a funny long name.
That was boring, the ball was outside off stump and Root left it alone. Be sure to be listening to TalkSport at 8.00 tonight when some old has been footballers will be talking about how much better it was in their day, and taking your calls.
Here's the next ball, and Root has hit it for four. Now let's hear someone who sounds a bit like Ray Winstone tell us the odds that he does that again in this over.
Booming voice off: 5-1.
That was someone who sounds a bit like Ray Winstone from betonstuff dot com, here on TalkSport Cricket brought to you in association with cheaptat dot com.
The next ball is straight and Root blocks it. Come on Joe, that isn't what we paid to see. If you're listening to TalkSport at 9.00 tonight we've got the assistant physio from Doncaster Rovers talking about their preparations for the FA Cup game against Rochdale.
Oh dear, Root is bowled by the next ball. Time for an advert.
An advert.
So it's 31-2 here in Colombo, on TalkSport Cricket brought to you in association with cheaptat dot com. The next batsman is Pietersen.
Nigel Farage, what do you think about Pietersen being back in the England team instead of Moeen Ali?
Nigel Farage says something that isn't quite racist.
One run to Pietersen there. Well Nigel, you were quite right. Pietersen has got a run, so he must be good.
And that's the end of the over, so time for an advert, here on TalkSport Cricket brought to you in association with cheaptat dot com."

Am I misrembering in my dotage, or was it really that dire?

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Apr 19, 2018, 3:14 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #5 of 6 (5377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] No TMS next winter (18-19) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
He left Talk Sport nearly 2 years ago.

Then I might consider listening to TalkSport again, although after what AndyE wrote I might leave it a little while.longer

(This post was edited by Tykeoldboy on Apr 19, 2018, 3:15 PM)

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 14, 2018, 1:06 AM

Post #6 of 6 (5065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] No TMS next winter (18-19) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

TalkSport has also bagged the rights to the 19-20 series in South Africa. Given that TMS has too often this summer been even more undisciplined than usual, I'm a little saddened to find that I'm not that bothered.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3