Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

  Main Index MAIN
Search Posts SEARCH
Who's Online WHO'S
Log in LOG

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Wednesday 13th June 2018


Dave 56
Reserve Team Star

Jun 13, 2018, 11:47 PM

Posts: 846
Location: Staffs.
Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #1 of 2 (1062 views)
Wednesday 13th June 2018 Can't Post or Reply Privately

West Region Championship Promotion Play Off. KO 19:30
Admission 2.50 OAP. No programme . Crowd 450 +.

Neilston 1 v 1 Shettleston. (2-1 on aggregate)

Neilston went into this game a goal up from the first leg and a soft first half penalty ultimately proved decisive.

Shettleston did score with 7 minutes left but it was too little too late, the better side won tonight.

The match was played in pouring rain and strong winds but the pitch was immaculate with no puddles even at the end.
Codofthenorth was there again and after his libelous comments yesterday, a quick check with the police confirmed he is known to them and they are keepeing tabs on his wearabouts using the tag on his ankle.

Season finally comes to an end. Report written in the Famous Star, Moffat after two pints of Campbell Gunner Blonde and some free sandwiches.

Home tomorrow, M6 permitting.

(This post was edited by Dave 56 on Jun 13, 2018, 11:48 PM)

First Team Sub

Jun 14, 2018, 1:48 PM

Posts: 1088
Location: Bute and Argyll/Fleetwood

Post #2 of 2 (735 views)
Re: [Dave 56] Wednesday 13th June 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Aye, also took the short trip down to Neilston for this encounter.Although a short enough run, it's an awkward drive once you come off the M8. The Stand topped up as kick off approached, a decent turn out on a foul night.
It was an open and entertaining encounter, Neilston took a two goal aggregate on 29 minutes with a soft penalty awarded. Paul Stewart dispatched it amid much celebrating with the home bench.
The weather worsened in the second half, the rain got heavier and the wind increased. Spent most of it trying to keep the brolley at the exact angle to keep me dryish and preventing it from being wrecked completely.
Neilston had the ball in the net again second half, but it was ruled out for off side. Shettleston finally got on the score sheet on 83 minutes when their No3 fired it high into the net to set up an interesting finale.
With no further goals it was promotion for Neilston and Shettleston dropped down a League.
As the final whistle went fireworks exploded behind the Stand though celebrations were short lived as the fans headed for the shelter of their cars. Some Auld bloke was complaining as he left that the fireworks would be reported to the League, wonder if he was from Shettleston?
Dave56 said cheerio with a smile,having spent the game wedged in the Stand with those around, smoking those dodgy cigarettes.

So Many Grounds....So little time!!


free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3