Premier League 2018/19

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Jun 14, 2018, 2:45 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #1 of 7 (1067 views)
Shortcut
Premier League 2018/19 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fixtures for 2018/19 have been released, I won't post them in case the copyright police come round and break my knee caps, but the PL season starts on 11th August and I can't remember the last time the top tier started this early.

Another point is that even though FA rules forbid a team from using more than One stadium for home games per season, Tottenham will play their first home game, against Fulham, at Wembley before moving to New White Hart lane in September. Rules only seem to be rules for smaller clubs.

007Dale
First Team Regular

Jun 14, 2018, 3:18 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Premier League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Fixtures for 2018/19 have been released, I won't post them in case the copyright police come round and break my knee caps, but the PL season starts on 11th August and I can't remember the last time the top tier started this early.

Another point is that even though FA rules forbid a team from using more than One stadium for home games per season, Tottenham will play their first home game, against Fulham, at Wembley before moving to New White Hart lane in September. Rules only seem to be rules for smaller clubs.

As I understand it, itís not FA rules, but Premier League rules. Indeed, I think FL clubs can play at 2 grounds in the same season (someone will correct me of iím Wrong).

It seems fairly pragmatic to me, the alternative being to play four away games in a row or the whole season at Wembley for the sake of a few weeks.

That said, looking at it, iím Not sure I can see the new stadium being ready for 15th September and have all test events completed. There should be significant penalties on Spurs if, having set this date, they then miss it.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 14, 2018, 3:32 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #3 of 7 (1041 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Premier League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Having trouble with your memory? The last time the top tier started as early as 11 August was the season just gone: Arsenal 4 Leicester 3 on a Friday night. Wink

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Jun 14, 2018, 7:19 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #4 of 7 (939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Premier League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Having trouble with your memory? The last time the top tier started as early as 11 August was the season just gone: Arsenal 4 Leicester 3 on a Friday night. Wink

I'm old and the marbles have been missing for quite some time Laugh. This early start might be the PL preparing for the extended Winter break in the 2022/23 season so the 2022/23 PL fixtures begin on the last weekend in July 2022.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 14, 2018, 7:54 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #5 of 7 (920 views)
Shortcut

The Premier League cannot ramp dates over many dates. Euro 2020 has been fixed 12 June to 12 July - so we have to have similar dates in 2019-20 to that in 2017-18.Europe wise, this season is a bit more spread out, with the two finals on May 29 and June 1.
These are followed immediately by the Nations League semi-finals on June 5/6 and the final (and 3/4 play off) on June 9

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 14, 2018, 9:47 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #6 of 7 (853 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I'll put my own knee-caps on the line for you. Here are the fixtures on the BBC website...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44479393

My own personal plod through the 92 still needs Goodison Park and the Etihad, among others, but I guess I'm better off waiting for the usual chaos of the League Cup draw for opportunities for remaining Premier ticks.

stingray
First Team Star

Jun 15, 2018, 1:23 PM

Team(s): Step 4/5 local sides

Post #7 of 7 (679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Premier League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Didn't the PL start on the 8th August three years ago?

19 goals in 4 games
£36.00 spent

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3