2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 14, 2018, 7:33 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #76 of 102 (5710 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Surely Reading actually has to be a city, for them to call themselves that?

There is no forest in Nottingham, I have not come across any moors in Solihull recently, Newport is not a county, none of the various Wanderers or Rovers seem to do any wandering or roving any more and there was precious little athleticism on display in Oldham last season. I suggest this argument is a red herring. Smile

Perhaps they can call themselves Reading Herring

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

shimtoan
First Team Sub

Jun 14, 2018, 1:39 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #77 of 102 (5363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

There is no forest in Nottingham, I have not come across any moors in Solihull recently, Newport is not a county, none of the various Wanderers or Rovers seem to do any wandering or roving any more and there was precious little athleticism on display in Oldham last season. I suggest this argument is a red herring. Smile

Milton Keynes isn't a City, not does it have a River Don.

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 14, 2018, 1:46 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #78 of 102 (5346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Milton Keynes isn't a City, not does it have a River Don.

Are you seriously comparing that to Highmoor Ibis' new name / Reading?

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 14, 2018, 4:01 PM

Post #79 of 102 (5168 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It appears he is, but it is not clear whether MK City and/or MK Dons is meant to justify the change or to damn it.

Do any of our correspondents know the pasy of Highmoor/Ibis - Ibis refers to the sports association of Prudential Insurance, whose fields are practically next to the Scours Lane ground. Is Highmoor a village near Nettlebed? At least 20 minutes drive away?

Does Highmoor Ibis continue under that name in Thames Valley League

Fat AND Pompous.

Digdagdog
First Team Sub

Jun 15, 2018, 9:28 AM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #80 of 102 (4612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Another one gone in the Chippenham and District Sunday...

FC St George (based in Warminster) - now 8 in the last 2 years

Name change for 2018-9 in that Westbury Cons FC will (if it can get the players) become Westbury Railway FC

2017-18 Games: 171 Goals: 745 GPG: 4.36 New Grounds: 114
2018-19

SuperKev!
First Team Star

Jun 16, 2018, 8:32 PM

Post #81 of 102 (4032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Iíve seen a number of lists of club line ups for the new Eastern Senior League South in various places, including one that was produced after the confirmed constitution at todayís AGM, and in all of them I have consistently seen Lopes Tavares London referred to as Lopes Tavares, Fire United Christian referred to as Fire United, Frenford Senior referred to as Frenford and May & Baker Eastbrook Community Club referred to as May & Baker. Have all four of these clubs changed their name or is it just a case of laziness when the Leagues Committee issued the original provisional allocations list?

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 16, 2018, 8:44 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #82 of 102 (4003 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SuperKev!] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Iíve seen a number of lists of club line ups for the new Eastern Senior League South in various places, including one that was produced after the confirmed constitution at todayís AGM, and in all of them I have consistently seen Lopes Tavares London referred to as Lopes Tavares, Fire United Christian referred to as Fire United, Frenford Senior referred to as Frenford and May & Baker Eastbrook Community Club referred to as May & Baker. Have all four of these clubs changed their name or is it just a case of laziness when the Leagues Committee issued the original provisional allocations list?

Frenford have definitely dropped the ĎSeniorí suffix. Sure they played as plain Frenford FC this season.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 16, 2018, 9:29 PM

Post #83 of 102 (3928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SuperKev!] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've only ever seen May & Baker referred to as "May & Baker EC" both by the Essex FA and the Essex Olympian League.

SuperKev!
First Team Star

Jun 16, 2018, 9:40 PM

Post #84 of 102 (3907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Frenford have definitely dropped the ĎSeniorí suffix. Sure they played as plain Frenford FC this season.

Yes, just checked that and you are correct. The club badge still says Frenford Senior though!

Ipeland
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 19, 2018, 9:37 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #85 of 102 (3194 views)
Shortcut

Halkyn United in the North East Wales League appear to have been renamed/taken over by Halkyn Mountain, according to a post on Mountain's website

Grounds visited: 213
Last new ground: Cae Cymro (Clawddnewydd)
Next planned fixture: Ysceifiog v Nantglyn - Llandyrnog Summer League - 21/6/18

AndyE
First Team Star

Jun 19, 2018, 11:27 PM

Team(s): Chatham Town

Post #86 of 102 (3039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I've only ever seen May & Baker referred to as "May & Baker EC" both by the Essex FA and the Essex Olympian League.

The club's own website refers to the club as May and Bakers FC.

Does this imply that such is properly the club's name? Or have they rather embarrassingly got their own name wrong on their website?

Herb Alpert
First Team Sub

Jun 20, 2018, 8:21 AM

Team(s): Leyton Orient, whoever is playing w*** h**

Post #87 of 102 (2845 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The club changed from M & B Club to May & Bakers Eastbrook Community a couple of seasons ago. The company they were named after were either May & Bakers or May and Baker's. Definately a S on the end in every correspondence I have seen about the company or club over the years.

TrevorT
Youth Team Regular

Jun 20, 2018, 8:29 AM

Team(s):

Post #88 of 102 (2841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

The club's own website refers to the club as May and Bakers FC.

Does this imply that such is properly the club's name? Or have they rather embarrassingly got their own name wrong on their website?

My grandad used to work for M&B many many years ago and locally the company was often referred to as May and Bakers - people adding an 's' to the end of the proper name. Much in the same way that people add an 's' to Marks and Spencer(s) when there isn't one.

The club badge shows May & Baker FC but whether next season they will drop the Eastbrook Community (EC) title I don't know.

DarkSithLord
Youth Team Star

Jun 20, 2018, 1:43 PM

Team(s): Alfreton Town

Post #89 of 102 (2546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TrevorT] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

At last nightís East Midlands Counties Football League AGM it was announced that Holbrook Sports was resigning from the league.

Holbrook finished 14th last term and looked to have turned a corner following a difficult 2016/17 campaign but they have decided to resign from the league with their future now up in the air.

"the force is strong with this one"

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 20, 2018, 1:57 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #90 of 102 (2519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DarkSithLord] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
At last nightís East Midlands Counties Football League AGM it was announced that Holbrook Sports was resigning from the league.

Holbrook finished 14th last term and looked to have turned a corner following a difficult 2016/17 campaign but they have decided to resign from the league with their future now up in the air.

Not really a name change, merger or closure at this stage though is it!! Wink

FCUtdWill
Youth Team Star

Jun 20, 2018, 3:04 PM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, AFC Bolnore, Gibraltar

Post #91 of 102 (2430 views)
Shortcut

Not club related, but I've seen confirmation of the closure of the Luton District League, and I think the Maidstone & District League has too as there's a couple of clubs in the Rochester & District League.

Also, whilst doing my regular checks of leagues, the Portsmouth League has become the Mid Solent League.

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 20, 2018, 3:21 PM

Post #92 of 102 (2400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Not club related, but I've seen confirmation of the closure of the Luton District League, and I think the Maidstone & District League has too as there's a couple of clubs in the Rochester & District League.

Also, whilst doing my regular checks of leagues, the Portsmouth League has become the Mid Solent League.

If they try to play in Mid Solent, won't they find the pitches waterlogged?

Fat AND Pompous.

Digdagdog
First Team Sub

Jun 20, 2018, 11:27 PM

Post #93 of 102 (2001 views)
Shortcut

Wiltshire League AGM tonight...some interesting points...

Amongst which is that Bremhill FC (a.k.a Pulse Academy) will henceforth be known as Football ID FC - one assumes to continue at Calne Town...

2018-19

Fatboyfat
Reserve Team Star

Jun 21, 2018, 1:50 PM

Post #94 of 102 (1757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Nuneaton Town have changed their name to Nuneaton Borough, according to their twitter account.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 21, 2018, 2:08 PM

Post #95 of 102 (1735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fatboyfat] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Maidenhead Town will play at Bisham Abbey
https://twitter.com/...782067033460736?s=17

Fat AND Pompous.

simonsm
Youth Team Sub

Jun 21, 2018, 9:44 PM

Team(s):

Post #96 of 102 (1456 views)
Shortcut

In the Manchester League, Westbury have folded according to a tweet from them today

https://twitter.com/.../1009886139371737096

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 22, 2018, 7:42 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #97 of 102 (1260 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Maidenhead Town will play at Bisham Abbey
https://twitter.com/...782067033460736?s=17

Name change, closure or merger?

Last ground visited: Rochester United. Avg Goal 15/16: 4.43 Avg att 15/16: 392. New grounds 15/16: 37

The Moose
First Team Star

Jun 22, 2018, 10:13 AM

Team(s):

Post #98 of 102 (1122 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not sure if 'Football ID FC' will be sharing at Calne Town or not as they played their last few games of last season at Stanley Park, Chippenham. It may explain the close connection to the former Chip'num Town Youffs team that played there too.

Bremhill, Pulse Academy or Footy ID (stupid name for a club)..... Who knows what they'll be called when the season starts up! When I watched them last season, they had a few parentals & wags but no 'fans' as such. IMHO they don't really add much to the Wiltshire League, but I guess they're desperate to make the numbers up any way they can.

KRTM Cool

RRYFS
First Team Sub

Jun 22, 2018, 10:38 AM

Team(s): Leicester City, AFC Bournemouth, Hamworthy United

Post #99 of 102 (1098 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

If they try to play in Mid Solent, won't they find the pitches waterlogged?

I think there is a cricket match played in the middle of the Solent at least once a year when the tides permit.

Digdagdog
First Team Sub

Jun 22, 2018, 10:46 AM

Post #100 of 102 (1077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] 2018-19 Name Changes, Mergers & Closures [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Not sure if 'Football ID FC' will be sharing at Calne Town or not as they played their last few games of last season at Stanley Park, Chippenham. It may explain the close connection to the former Chip'num Town Youffs team that played there too.

Bremhill, Pulse Academy or Footy ID (stupid name for a club)..... Who knows what they'll be called when the season starts up! When I watched them last season, they had a few parentals & wags but no 'fans' as such. IMHO they don't really add much to the Wiltshire League, but I guess they're desperate to make the numbers up any way they can.

KRTM Cool

You could well be right. The Chippenham Youth/Pulse U-18 winners of the floodlit youth cup (2-1 over MT's lads) have moved over to the Somerset League with Bradford Town U-18. However the League has gained some teams to compensate.

2018-19

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3