Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Jun 24, 2018, 9:19 PM

Post #1 of 8 (4844 views)
Shortcut
Kangaroo stops play Can't Post or Reply Privately

Now *that's* a groundhopper.

https://twitter.com/.../1010798000661131265

I think we need to get Canberra a friendly with Ashington after their equine interloper a few years back.

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 25, 2018, 4:43 PM

Post #2 of 8 (4552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Kangaroo stops play [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When I went on holiday to Australia some years back, I did not see a single kangaroo during the two weeks I was there And that was despite travelling all the way from Adelaide to Alice Springs by train! Didn't see a wallaby or a koala bear either.

Perhaps I was just unlucky but it would be interesting to know if anyone else on this forum has also visited Australia without seeing a kangaroo either? (zoos, or similar, don't count)

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 25, 2018, 6:25 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #3 of 8 (4520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Kangaroo stops play [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Didn't even see one on a day trip to Kangaroo Island in South Australia.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 25, 2018, 7:22 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #4 of 8 (4508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Kangaroo stops play [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Apart from the wildlife park, I have seen exactly one - quite a long way in the distance, while I was driving along the Sturt Highway

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 25, 2018, 8:26 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #5 of 8 (4476 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
When I went on holiday to Australia some years back, I did not see a single kangaroo during the two weeks I was there And that was despite travelling all the way from Adelaide to Alice Springs by train! Didn't see a wallaby or a koala bear either.

Perhaps I was just unlucky but it would be interesting to know if anyone else on this forum has also visited Australia without seeing a kangaroo either? (zoos, or similar, don't count)

Maybe they were photoshopped out Cool

scottywalds
First Team Star

Jul 26, 2018, 10:38 AM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #6 of 8 (4335 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Kangaroos are nocturnal, and hide during the day. They come out at dusk.

I saw several while travelling in the evenings, bouncing along in the fields by the side of the roads. I was in Western Australia for 3 weeks around Christmas.

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 26, 2018, 3:42 PM

Team(s): None

Post #7 of 8 (4277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Kangaroo stops play [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Kangaroos are nocturnal, and hide during the day. They come out at dusk.

I saw several while travelling in the evenings, bouncing along in the fields by the side of the roads. I was in Western Australia for 3 weeks around Christmas.

You're probably more likely to see a wallaby on the Dunstable Downs than in many parts of Australia. Several escapees from Whipsnade Zoo live there, unless they have been recaptured or shot.

jrev61

Dilligaf
Junior Team Regular

Aug 1, 2018, 9:26 AM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 8 (3991 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

None seen but i didn't expect to see any where i was staying in downtown Sydney.
I saw a possum in the unlikely surroundings of the SCG whilst watching New South Wales play New Zealand. Apparently they are fairly common in many urban areas of Sydney.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3