Old Speedway Programmes

Dave 56
Reserve Team Star

Jul 16, 2018, 1:52 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #1 of 5 (823 views)
Shortcut
Old Speedway Programmes Can't Post or Reply Privately

With the sale of the flat in full flow, I am discovering many things as I excavate the spare bedroom. Latest discovery is a large collection of speedway programmes which I would like to get rid of.

They are from 1981 and cover most years up to and including 1996. A large number in the 80's are Wimbledon but in most seasons I visited many tracks and sometimes all of them. Would estimate around 1000 progs, anyone want them for a few quid? Please pm me on here. Thanks.

Buyer collects.

If no takers they will go to recycling next week.

(This post was edited by Dave 56 on Jul 16, 2018, 1:53 PM)

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 16, 2018, 2:14 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 5 (813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Old Speedway Programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Awaiting post from Greenwood.Wink

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 16, 2018, 11:24 PM

Post #3 of 5 (685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Old Speedway Programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Happy to oblige.

e-Bay?

Speedway forum?

(and of course - charity shops)

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 19, 2018, 7:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 5 (520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Old Speedway Programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You'll be lucky to get a couple of pence for any of them, never has been any money in Speedway progs. A dealer told me, "Ashington only ever had one meeting and even the programme from that only fetches a fiver"

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Jul 19, 2018, 8:04 PM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #5 of 5 (513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Old Speedway Programmes [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There were two meetings at Portland Park: Ashington Arrows v Birmingham Brummies (5/4/72), a challenge match, and the Northumberland Open Championship, an individual event (17/5/72). Not much of a dealer!

Interesting to see the line-up in the latter included Phil Crump (Crewe Kings), future father of Jason. Crump won the meeting with a 15-point maximum. Defunct clubs such as Barrow, Motherwell, Sunderland and Teesside provided other riders. Teesside's Tim Swales, later Middlesbrough promoter and BSPA chairman, was in the programme at No 15 but did not take part. Ashington's representation included a very young Carl Glover, who went on to have a good career in the British League, principally with hometown team Sheffield Tigers, and post-retirement had a spell as England team manager.

http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk/Ashington.htm

For sporting (and other) images, visit https://www.flickr.com/photos/feversham/

Ground/venue totals: Football 900; Rugby Union 263; Rugby League 214; Cricket 125; Speedway 53; Stock Cars 25; Grasstrack 15; Ice Hockey 15; Cycle Speedway 4; Greyhounds 2.

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Jul 19, 2018, 8:30 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3