Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: General:
Grounds for Concern 2018/19

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 16, 2018, 10:14 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #26 of 49 (19970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Is this the ground formerly used by Focus and Merseyside Police in the West Cheshire League?

I don't know who played there (though I played there for my primary school in a distant age!) but it's the multi-pitch venue on the next field down from South's current venue if you're heading towards the river. It's now been turned into a multi-pitch sports hub, with a new main entrance and car park being accessible from Otterspool Prom - basically, when heading down Jericho Lane towards the river, do a left at the roundabout and after a few yards you'll reach the main entrance on your left.

I imagine the arrangement of the new pitches bears only a loose relationship to the old configuration. Pitch tickers might have quite a task unravelling it all.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Dec 16, 2018, 10:19 AM)

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 16, 2018, 2:29 PM

Post #27 of 49 (19719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Is this the ground formerly used by Focus and Merseyside Police in the West Cheshire League?

I only recall those playing at Riversdale. I doubt the Jericho Lane pitches, as were, would meet WCFL standards.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 16, 2018, 2:59 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #28 of 49 (19665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I only recall those playing at Riversdale. I doubt the Jericho Lane pitches, as were, would meet WCFL standards.

Ah yes, that's correct. I knew it was on one of the roads between the A561 and the Mersey, but for some reason I thought it was Jericho Lane, rather then Riversdale Road. Looks like I'll have a new ground on my to-do list next month. Is it 3G or grass?

(This post was edited by Bantam Cymraeg on Dec 16, 2018, 3:00 PM)

paulh66

Dec 16, 2018, 3:08 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #29 of 49 (19648 views)
Shortcut

It's 3G.

pete
Junior Team Sub

Jan 6, 2019, 11:55 AM

Team(s): Aston Villa

Post #30 of 49 (13133 views)
Shortcut
Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Speaking to the club officials yesterday, Colden Common in the Hampshire Premier league expect to be playing at Boyes Lane for the rest of this season before they move to Oakwood in Otterbourne.

Chiltern79
Junior Team Star

Jan 9, 2019, 10:56 PM

Team(s): Chesham Utd

Post #31 of 49 (12296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Speaking to an official at the League meeting this morning, the Terrence MacMillan Stadium in Newham looks like it will no longer be used for football from next season. Not sure where this will leave Lopes Tavares London and Fire United Christians, who only started playing there this season and would find another home in the area extremely difficult.

Wonder if the little arena next to West Ham's ground will become feasible? Thought Hackney Wick were looking at moving there for this season but, iirc, the facilities fell foul of grading demands. Not sure it's use as a step 6 ground in the future is off the table though.

When visiting Frenford the other week an Essex FA official said that May & Baker looking to more to a new facility being build at Parsloes Park, near Dagenham Heathway Station and potential of either Fire or Lopes to share with the other also have a potential share at Frenford who have got the permission and funding to build a new 3G Ground with stand and lights for next season.
He also mentioned that the Mike End Stadium might be going as well, which is currently home to Tower Hamlets & Sporting Bengal.
Not looking good for Lower non-league teams in East London

Last new Ground: Fleet Town
New Grounds 18/19: 36
Total Grounds : 279
Current 92: 45 / 92

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 11, 2019, 4:19 PM

Post #32 of 49 (11964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chiltern79] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not an immediate ground for concern, but planning permission has been granted for homes on Wadebridge Town's Bodieve ground. The proposal will also include replacement football facilities (I'll believe it when I see it)

Source : https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/towns-football-ground-replaced-143-2417647

paulh66

Jan 13, 2019, 3:36 PM

Post #33 of 49 (11462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aicwhu] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
SOUTH LIVERPOOL

Leaving their current Jericho rd rather basic set-up in January to go further down the road to a new built sports hub with floodlights cafe etc

South's first team played the first match at the new ground yesterday, a welcome 4-1 win against West Kirby.

villan
First Team Regular

Jan 13, 2019, 8:17 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #34 of 49 (11287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chiltern79] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is the new 3G ground for Frenford at the venue currently used or if not is location known?

End 2017-18, Total Grounds 1365

New grounds 2018/19. 34

Chiltern79
Junior Team Star

Jan 13, 2019, 9:41 PM

Team(s): Chesham Utd

Post #35 of 49 (11224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Is the new 3G ground for Frenford at the venue currently used or if not is location known?

The 3G pitch will be at Frenfordís current ground with the pith being turned 90 degrees

Last new Ground: Fleet Town
New Grounds 18/19: 36
Total Grounds : 279
Current 92: 45 / 92

villan
First Team Regular

Jan 16, 2019, 4:43 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #36 of 49 (10116 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for that. I will probably leave Frenford until next season then as Terry Mac stadium, Mile End stadium & doubts about White Ensign taking priority as they may not be available after this season.

End 2017-18, Total Grounds 1365

New grounds 2018/19. 34

BDC0652
Reserve Team Sub

Jan 27, 2019, 11:43 PM

Team(s): Norwich City, Wroxham, Earsham, OGC Nice & Albion Rovers

Post #37 of 49 (8834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pete] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Visited Colden Common Saturday and I was told the end of February depending on the pitch, everything else is up and ready

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 6, 2019, 7:27 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #38 of 49 (8035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDC0652] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If the pitch at Otterbourne is ready by the start of March, then the visit of Hayling United this Saturday is likely to be Colden Common's last match at Boyes Lane, weather permitting. All of their remaining matches in February are away, no fixtures yet beyond that on Fulltime.

MillwallSteve
Youth Team Sub

Feb 10, 2019, 1:08 PM

Team(s): Millwall

Post #39 of 49 (7340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hey Mate, you reckon you have this season and next at York Road Then?

Thank you

scottywalds
First Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 1:33 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #40 of 49 (6701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MillwallSteve] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hey Mate, you reckon you have this season and next at York Road Then?

Thank you

Maidenhead play at York Road Tongue

It is possible that this season is the last full season at York Street, with us moving into the new Community Stadium in 12 months' time. Once work restarts, it shouldn't take too long to get the stadium up. Commercial properties around the site are popping up now.

It could be that we market next season as the last at York Street, and then move in summer 2020.

MillwallSteve
Youth Team Sub

Feb 11, 2019, 4:57 PM

Team(s): Millwall

Post #41 of 49 (6605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

oops!! sorry mate I do stand corrected! its like people used to call The Den the Dell!!

thank you for that, might try this season then just in case!

all the best

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 20, 2019, 12:18 AM

Post #42 of 49 (4578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDC0652] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Visited Colden Common Saturday and I was told the end of February depending on the pitch, everything else is up and ready

They have at least two more home matches at Colden Common Park according to Fulltime with the visits of Liphook United on 2nd March and Hayling United on the 9th listed for their current ground.

BDC0652
Reserve Team Sub

Feb 21, 2019, 8:34 PM

Team(s): Norwich City, Wroxham, Earsham, OGC Nice & Albion Rovers

Post #43 of 49 (2974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

They have at least two more home matches at Colden Common Park according to Fulltime with the visits of Liphook United on 2nd March and Hayling United on the 9th listed for their current ground.

Just heard that Liphook on the 2nd March will be their first game at Otterbourne, they told me the end of Feb so not far out.

ibcfc
Youth Team Sub

Feb 23, 2019, 9:06 PM

Team(s):

Post #44 of 49 (2404 views)
Shortcut

AFC Stoneham should be moving from HP Arena to new ground in October 2019

ComradeBT
Youth Team Star

Feb 24, 2019, 11:03 AM

Team(s): WWFC; WFC

Post #45 of 49 (2184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ibcfc] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What is earmarked for AFC Stoneham's current ground at Chestnut Avenue?

From looking at wikipedia, it was previously used by Pirelli General FC from 1965 onwards, however, was the football ground already in situ and used by another club before then?

ComradeBT
-- Non-League football club founder.

485 different football grounds visited. Last out:

Oakwell - Barnsley 2-1 Wycombe Wanderers
Att: 11,121

ibcfc
Youth Team Sub

Feb 24, 2019, 7:44 PM

Team(s):

Post #46 of 49 (2027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ComradeBT] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looking at all the housing being built around and access road by car park maybe further housing?

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 1, 2019, 1:27 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #47 of 49 (1286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ibcfc] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Netley Central Sports have tweeted that unless they get new committee members to replace those retiring at the end of the season they may not compete in 2019/20.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

Ropemaker
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 5, 2019, 6:22 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #48 of 49 (566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Thanks for that. I will probably leave Frenford until next season then as Terry Mac stadium, Mile End stadium & doubts about White Ensign taking priority as they may not be available after this season.

Will White Ensign be moving next season due to their pitch issues?

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 5, 2019, 7:23 PM

Post #49 of 49 (543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Netley Central Sports have tweeted that unless they get new committee members to replace those retiring at the end of the season they may not compete in 2019/20.

The ground will still be there as it is also home to Chamberlayne AFC who currently top the Southampton League Premier Division, which now shares the same status (Step 8) as Hampshire Premier League Division One.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3