Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: General:
Grounds for Concern 2018/19

lug
Ballboy/girl

Aug 2, 2018, 12:13 PM

Post #1 of 20 (11912 views)
Shortcut
Grounds for Concern 2018/19 Can't Post or Reply Privately

This coming season is the last season for Falmouth Town at their current ground.

GroundhoppingFC
Junior Team Regular

Aug 2, 2018, 1:16 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 20 (11854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lug] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This season will mark the last season for York City at Bootham Crescent.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYetbBuesG6DhHNZZM-SVyA
Newest Ground: The Gore (Burnham FC)
Amount of Grounds visited: 108

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 2, 2018, 1:36 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #3 of 20 (11834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GroundhoppingFC] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As I understand it, this is the second season of Billingham Synthonia's two year deal to play at Station Road, the old home of Norton & Stockton. I don't know what their plans are beyond this season.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 7, 2018, 12:22 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #4 of 20 (11341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Boston United were due to move mid-season, I'm sure scottywalds can update on progress to date - sounded like moving slower than expected last I heard

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (863) Willy Kressmann Stadion Turkyemispor 0-4 BFC Dynamo
With FC United: 130
On the agenda: tba

scottywalds
First Team Star

Aug 8, 2018, 7:55 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #5 of 20 (11087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Piling has begun, I would expect that we'll either move into a partially-finished ground next summer, or finish it before moving in mid next season.

villan
First Team Regular

Aug 11, 2018, 11:27 AM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #6 of 20 (10665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Last season for Newport IOW at St Georges Park.

End 2017-18, Total Grounds 1365

New grounds 2018/19. 22

PartizanBristle
Youth Team Regular

Aug 30, 2018, 9:18 AM

Team(s): Bristol Rovers, Bristol Manor Farm, Clapton CFC

Post #7 of 20 (9929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lug] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bath City are trying to redevelop Twerton Park and say work will begin in Summer 2019. I don't know how much is set to be changed but I'd want to play it safe if it were me because TP is a great ground.

#83, 20/92

Club photographer for Bristol Manor Farm. Check out my shots here.

Ropemaker
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 30, 2018, 3:20 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #8 of 20 (9769 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PartizanBristle] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Broadbridge Heath are due to move into their new ground, next to their current ground, in October according to their website.

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Deaf Leopard
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 7, 2018, 2:31 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 20 (9016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Speaking to an official at the League meeting this morning, the Terrence MacMillan Stadium in Newham looks like it will no longer be used for football from next season. Not sure where this will leave Lopes Tavares London and Fire United Christians, who only started playing there this season and would find another home in the area extremely difficult.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 7, 2018, 2:45 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #10 of 20 (9007 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Deaf Leopard] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Speaking to an official at the League meeting this morning, the Terrence MacMillan Stadium in Newham looks like it will no longer be used for football from next season. Not sure where this will leave Lopes Tavares London and Fire United Christians, who only started playing there this season and would find another home in the area extremely difficult.

Wonder if the little arena next to West Ham's ground will become feasible? Thought Hackney Wick were looking at moving there for this season but, iirc, the facilities fell foul of grading demands. Not sure it's use as a step 6 ground in the future is off the table though.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 16, 2018, 6:59 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #11 of 20 (3485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Haven't come across anybody who hops their pitches but heard on the news today that Powerleague are in financial trouble and closing down 13 of their 49 soccer centres.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 18, 2018, 11:37 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #12 of 20 (3024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Llanrhaedr are playing all Cymru Alliance home matches this season at the old TNS ground in Llansantfraid, but this Saturday's Welsh Cup tie vs Flint Town United is a rare opportunity to tick them on their own ground in the village of Llanrhaedr Ym Mochant, which has presumably fallen foul of new ground grading laws for the top two tiers of Welsh football ie no lights.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 19, 2018, 7:49 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #13 of 20 (2852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Llanrhaedr are playing all Cymru Alliance home matches this season at the old TNS ground in Llansantfraid, but this Saturday's Welsh Cup tie vs Flint Town United is a rare opportunity to tick them on their own ground in the village of Llanrhaedr Ym Mochant, which has presumably fallen foul of new ground grading laws for the top two tiers of Welsh football ie no lights.

They don't need lights for this season - Gresford and Ruthin haven't got them in the Cymru Alliance. There are other grading issues involved as far as Llanrhaeadr are concerned, one of which is presumably around the amount of cover.

R.S.Cavendish
First Team Star

Oct 19, 2018, 10:27 PM

Post #14 of 20 (2767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The main issue is actually the fence around the ground. The irony is that most of the committee are parish councillors and they oppose the FAW direction.

villan
First Team Regular

Oct 21, 2018, 1:49 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #15 of 20 (2497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [R.S.Cavendish] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When I went at end of last season I was told that the pitch size was the problem that they could not overcome as it did not meet step2 requirements. They could deal with the other reasons ground failed grading but widening pitch would impinge upon public right of way that apparently runs through ground & Parish Council would not allow that.

End 2017-18, Total Grounds 1365

New grounds 2018/19. 22

Ropemaker

Oct 23, 2018, 2:20 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #16 of 20 (1941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No agreement yet for Coventry to play at the Ricoh next season which could change of course

https://www.theguardian.com/...-wasps-ricoh-stadium

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Dr Love
First Team Star

Oct 29, 2018, 11:47 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #17 of 20 (1409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I discovered one which has now gone whilst out walking today - East Boldre. Although fairly basic, it certainly was an unusual setting for a ground. Evidence of it can still be seen, the goalposts are still in situ, as are some of the posts which supported the fencing around the pitch to protect it from the local wildlife. It pobably hasn't gone too long, but plenty of manure and longer grass over part of the pitch, but other areas look almost playable.

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 30, 2018, 8:31 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #18 of 20 (1324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I discovered one which has now gone whilst out walking today - East Boldre. Although fairly basic, it certainly was an unusual setting for a ground. Evidence of it can still be seen, the goalposts are still in situ, as are some of the posts which supported the fencing around the pitch to protect it from the local wildlife. It pobably hasn't gone too long, but plenty of manure and longer grass over part of the pitch, but other areas look almost playable.

That's a shame. I saw a Hampshire Junior Cup sami final a few years ago against Ryde Saints. Great setting in the middle of New Forest heathland.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

Dr Love
First Team Star

Oct 30, 2018, 4:50 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #19 of 20 (1137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I remember your post having not been aware of the ground previously, despite doing a lot of walking in the area. Lower than I'd usually have been too, I was hoping at some point a viable double would have turned up, or a later fixture in another higher profile cup competion. As it turns out, yesterday was the first time I saw the place.

gcnc

Nov 15, 2018, 9:14 AM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #20 of 20 (514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's looking increasingly likely that Pontllanfraith Leisure Centre, whose 3G is home to both Ynysddu Welfare and Wattsville in the Gwent County League, will soon be closed despite intense local opposition.

https://twitter.com/.../1062736961134358529

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3