Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: General:
Grounds for Concern 2018/19

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 16, 2018, 10:14 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #26 of 36 (10559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Is this the ground formerly used by Focus and Merseyside Police in the West Cheshire League?

I don't know who played there (though I played there for my primary school in a distant age!) but it's the multi-pitch venue on the next field down from South's current venue if you're heading towards the river. It's now been turned into a multi-pitch sports hub, with a new main entrance and car park being accessible from Otterspool Prom - basically, when heading down Jericho Lane towards the river, do a left at the roundabout and after a few yards you'll reach the main entrance on your left.

I imagine the arrangement of the new pitches bears only a loose relationship to the old configuration. Pitch tickers might have quite a task unravelling it all.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Dec 16, 2018, 10:19 AM)

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 16, 2018, 2:29 PM

Post #27 of 36 (10308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Is this the ground formerly used by Focus and Merseyside Police in the West Cheshire League?

I only recall those playing at Riversdale. I doubt the Jericho Lane pitches, as were, would meet WCFL standards.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 16, 2018, 2:59 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #28 of 36 (10254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I only recall those playing at Riversdale. I doubt the Jericho Lane pitches, as were, would meet WCFL standards.

Ah yes, that's correct. I knew it was on one of the roads between the A561 and the Mersey, but for some reason I thought it was Jericho Lane, rather then Riversdale Road. Looks like I'll have a new ground on my to-do list next month. Is it 3G or grass?

(This post was edited by Bantam Cymraeg on Dec 16, 2018, 3:00 PM)

paulh66

Dec 16, 2018, 3:08 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #29 of 36 (10237 views)
Shortcut

It's 3G.

pete
Junior Team Sub

Jan 6, 2019, 11:55 AM

Team(s): Aston Villa

Post #30 of 36 (3722 views)
Shortcut
Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Speaking to the club officials yesterday, Colden Common in the Hampshire Premier league expect to be playing at Boyes Lane for the rest of this season before they move to Oakwood in Otterbourne.

Chiltern79
Junior Team Regular

Jan 9, 2019, 10:56 PM

Team(s): Chesham Utd

Post #31 of 36 (2885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Speaking to an official at the League meeting this morning, the Terrence MacMillan Stadium in Newham looks like it will no longer be used for football from next season. Not sure where this will leave Lopes Tavares London and Fire United Christians, who only started playing there this season and would find another home in the area extremely difficult.

Wonder if the little arena next to West Ham's ground will become feasible? Thought Hackney Wick were looking at moving there for this season but, iirc, the facilities fell foul of grading demands. Not sure it's use as a step 6 ground in the future is off the table though.

When visiting Frenford the other week an Essex FA official said that May & Baker looking to more to a new facility being build at Parsloes Park, near Dagenham Heathway Station and potential of either Fire or Lopes to share with the other also have a potential share at Frenford who have got the permission and funding to build a new 3G Ground with stand and lights for next season.
He also mentioned that the Mike End Stadium might be going as well, which is currently home to Tower Hamlets & Sporting Bengal.
Not looking good for Lower non-league teams in East London

Last new Ground: New River, Park View
New Grounds 18/19: 29
Total Grounds : 271
Current 92: 45 / 92

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 11, 2019, 4:19 PM

Post #32 of 36 (2553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chiltern79] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not an immediate ground for concern, but planning permission has been granted for homes on Wadebridge Town's Bodieve ground. The proposal will also include replacement football facilities (I'll believe it when I see it)

Source : https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/towns-football-ground-replaced-143-2417647

paulh66

Jan 13, 2019, 3:36 PM

Post #33 of 36 (2051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aicwhu] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
SOUTH LIVERPOOL

Leaving their current Jericho rd rather basic set-up in January to go further down the road to a new built sports hub with floodlights cafe etc

South's first team played the first match at the new ground yesterday, a welcome 4-1 win against West Kirby.

villan
First Team Regular

Jan 13, 2019, 8:17 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #34 of 36 (1876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chiltern79] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is the new 3G ground for Frenford at the venue currently used or if not is location known?

End 2017-18, Total Grounds 1365

New grounds 2018/19. 30

Chiltern79
Junior Team Regular

Jan 13, 2019, 9:41 PM

Team(s): Chesham Utd

Post #35 of 36 (1813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] Grounds for Concern 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Is the new 3G ground for Frenford at the venue currently used or if not is location known?

The 3G pitch will be at Frenfordís current ground with the pith being turned 90 degrees

Last new Ground: New River, Park View
New Grounds 18/19: 29
Total Grounds : 271
Current 92: 45 / 92

villan
First Team Regular

Jan 16, 2019, 4:43 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #36 of 36 (705 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for that. I will probably leave Frenford until next season then as Terry Mac stadium, Mile End stadium & doubts about White Ensign taking priority as they may not be available after this season.

End 2017-18, Total Grounds 1365

New grounds 2018/19. 30

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3