Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: General:
Badshot Lea FC New Ground

BaggyBoys
Ballboy/girl

Oct 10, 2018, 10:31 AM

Post #1 of 15 (3548 views)
Shortcut
Badshot Lea FC New Ground Can't Post or Reply Privately

I just thought I would post in advance and give you all some warning. As most of you hoppers will know we have had a nomadic existence for the last ten years groundsharing at Farnborough FC, Godalming Town, Ash Utd and currently at Camberley Town.
Our new ground in Wrecclesham, Farnham is almost complete and we anticipate having the go ahead to start playing on the pitch in December.
We look forward to welcoming as many of you to the new ground as it will definitely be a new one to tick off. More details nearer the time

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 10, 2018, 12:35 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #2 of 15 (3458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BaggyBoys] Badshot Lea FC New Ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And a name change to Wrecclesham?

New ground quite some way from Badshot Lea...

BaggyBoys
Ballboy/girl

Oct 10, 2018, 12:42 PM

Post #3 of 15 (3452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Badshot Lea FC New Ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Certainly no plans to do so in the short term.
In all fairness it is only just over 3 miles from the village of Badshot Lea. Also when you have been without a permanent home for 10 plus years, we are very happy to just get a home.

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Oct 10, 2018, 1:40 PM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #4 of 15 (3397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BaggyBoys] Badshot Lea FC New Ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Great news mate, hope it all goes well for you and looking forward to visiting the ground

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 10, 2018, 2:40 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #5 of 15 (3366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Badshot Lea FC New Ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I went to the old ground back in 2004 and no doubt I will visit the new one in due course.
The mention of Wrecclesham had my thinking - there was a club called Wrecclesham playing two seasons in the Combined Counties
Further research suggests this club now plays in the Guildford & Woking Alliance, at the Recreation Ground in Riverdale

Do you know if this venue was once of Combined Counties venue, and has anyone else ever played at your new venue
Does anyone now play at The Green in Badshot Lea?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 10, 2018, 3:42 PM

Post #6 of 15 (3322 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

We look forward to welcoming as many of you to the new ground as it will definitely be a new one to tick off. More details nearer the time

I think I have read elsewhere on this forum that your club are currently doing only on-line programmes? If this is correct, it will be a disappointment to many hoppers who prefer to be able to buy a paper programme at matches. Hopefully you can find a way around this problem, perhaps by having a home game at a time when there are not many other games being played (such as a Sunday) where paper programmes will be available. I understand that this solution was adopted at Bridgwater Town last Sunday.

BaggyBoys
Ballboy/girl

Oct 10, 2018, 3:56 PM

Post #7 of 15 (3312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Badshot Lea FC New Ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No that is totally incorrect.
We have an external company that produces our programme. For each match we post an online version as well as printed versions. Depending on what the game is, anticipated crowd, we make a decision on how many to print. There was one particular game where we went for the online only as we expected a low crowd. Our league have given us the option this year if either but rest assured, we will have both options available

ARNOLD241
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 10, 2018, 4:00 PM

Post #8 of 15 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Don't worry about a paper programme BaggyBoys. I never buy one and I'm not bothered about anyone else.

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 10, 2018, 4:05 PM

Post #9 of 15 (3302 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
No that is totally incorrect.
We have an external company that produces our programme. For each match we post an online version as well as printed versions. Depending on what the game is, anticipated crowd, we make a decision on how many to print. There was one particular game where we went for the online only as we expected a low crowd. Our league have given us the option this year if either but rest assured, we will have both options available

Thanks for clarifying matters sir, I think that what I had read before must have been inaccurate - perhaps someone who posts on here went to the game you mention where there was only an on-line issue and had assumed that this was the norm.

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 10, 2018, 4:35 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #10 of 15 (3269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Badshot Lea FC New Ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I think I have read elsewhere on this forum that your club are currently doing only on-line programmes? If this is correct, it will be a disappointment to many hoppers who prefer to be able to buy a paper programme at matches. Hopefully you can find a way around this problem, perhaps by having a home game at a time when there are not many other games being played (such as a Sunday) where paper programmes will be available. I understand that this solution was adopted at Bridgwater Town last Sunday.

Not sure why this might be considered a "problem". If the club had decided to go online only (which I accept they haven't), then it's not a problem that would need resolving, it would be a decision the club had made in line with budget planning.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 10, 2018, 5:09 PM

Post #11 of 15 (3237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Badshot Lea FC New Ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Of course it is not a problem, but greenbridge seems determined to hijack as many threads as possible with their obsession about programmes.

Going back to the subject of the thread, good to hear Badshot Lea are going to get their own ground again - I will certainly hope to be paying a visit at some point.

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 10, 2018, 5:51 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #12 of 15 (3212 views)
Shortcut

I believe Bridgwater Town issued because they were required to do so by Groundhop UK. It had nothing to do with the time of day.

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 10, 2018, 8:47 PM

Post #13 of 15 (3114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Badshot Lea FC New Ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Of course it is not a problem, but greenbridge seems determined to hijack as many threads as possible with their obsession about programmes.

One problem that certainly exists is your misspelling of usernames.

BaggyBoys
Ballboy/girl

Oct 11, 2018, 4:46 PM

Post #14 of 15 (2852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Badshot Lea FC New Ground [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Riverdale Recreation ground is in fact right next door to our new facility. I am not sure if that is where Wrecclesham played and I canít recall them being in the Combined Counties League but if they did, I imagine they would have played at the Recreation Ground.
Our site is at the back of that and was previously occupied by Farnham Rugby Club and to my knowledge, nobody else has played there.
In terms of the Green at Badshot Lea, some of our Youth teams play there. All positive news and we look forward to seeing you at the new facility

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Oct 15, 2018, 1:59 PM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #15 of 15 (912 views)
Shortcut

Wrecclesham played two seasons way back (1980-82) in the Combined Counties and were one of a number of clubs demoted from the CCFL due to lack of facilities, so the village rec sounds a good bet for their old venue.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3