Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: Programme Editing & Collecting:
Fanzines

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 11, 2018, 7:36 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #26 of 34 (927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Fanzines [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm 99% certain the Tranmere fanzine, GUAR (short for "Give us an R"), is still going. The editor, Dave Goat, writes a regular article which is always worth a read in the match day programme too.

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 11, 2018, 9:32 PM

Post #27 of 34 (899 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Not sure if this should be here or elsewhere but can anyone tell me which clubs still do print editions of fanzines both league and non league. I know Barnsley , Doncaster Rovers, Fulham, Stoke,Rotherham, Airdrie and Bradford City all do theirs but interested in others including Scottish and non league. Much prefer to read them rather than the bland glossy league programmes of today

Fanzines were started in order to give fans a voice but with the invention of the web, on-line fan forums have taken over that function.

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 11, 2018, 10:41 PM

Team(s): None

Post #28 of 34 (875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Fanzines [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Not sure if this should be here or elsewhere but can anyone tell me which clubs still do print editions of fanzines both league and non league. I know Barnsley , Doncaster Rovers, Fulham, Stoke,Rotherham, Airdrie and Bradford City all do theirs but interested in others including Scottish and non league. Much prefer to read them rather than the bland glossy league programmes of today

Fanzines were started in order to give fans a voice but with the invention of the web, on-line fan forums have taken over that function.

Fanzines have been in decline since long before the advent of the internet. Still a few still going though. Think the Northampton Town one is still around.

jrev61

kirby knitters

Oct 12, 2018, 8:19 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #29 of 34 (812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Fanzines [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Fanzines have been in decline since long before the advent of the internet. Still a few still going though. Think the Northampton Town one is still around.
-----
-----
As is Poppies at the Gates of Dawn at Kettering Town.

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 12, 2018, 9:09 AM

Team(s): None

Post #30 of 34 (798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Fanzines [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

-----
-----

PATGOD seems to be online only now. I certainly haven't seen it on sale at any of the Kettering matches I have been to recently. But at least it still exists.

jrev61

kirby knitters

Oct 12, 2018, 9:43 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #31 of 34 (780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Fanzines [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

-----
-----

PATGOD seems to be online only now. I certainly haven't seen it on sale at any of the Kettering matches I have been to recently. But at least it still exists.
-----
-----
Ah, just had a look and it seems to still be the quality fanzine it always was. Fanzines online only now!! Sly

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Oct 12, 2018, 12:06 PM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #32 of 34 (732 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Fanzines [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Square Ball Leeds Utd, Popular Stand Doncaster Rovers, and City Gent Bradford City are all still around as well

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Oct 12, 2018, 12:08 PM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #33 of 34 (731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Forest Gump] Fanzines [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fanzine ordered FG,I still prefer the written word Smile

ON THE BUSES
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 14, 2018, 9:33 PM

Post #34 of 34 (215 views)
Shortcut

Got a few for sale in our club shop

City Gent Bradford City issue 87 Feb 2000
Flashing Blade Sheffield United issue 20 Oct 1991
Take your seats Bristol City issue 2 1992
Raze the Roof II Doncaster Rovers issue 13 1999
The Tea Party Stockport County issue 8 1992
In the Loft QPR issue 88 1995
There’s only One F in Lowestoft issue 3 2002
Witton Wisdom Aston Villa issue 4 1989
Hull Hell & Happyness Hull City issue 7 1989
The Lion Roar Millwall issue 11
Chelsea Independent issue 14 1989
Intifada Cardiff City issue 11
There’s only One F in Fulham issue 25 1993
Fly Me to the Moon Middlesbrough issue 287 2002
Fly me to the Moon Middlesbrough issue 209 1998
A Love Supreme Sunderland issue 162 07/08
A Love Supreme Sunderland issue 43 94/95
A Love Supreme Sunderland issue 63 96-97

(This post was edited by ON THE BUSES on Oct 14, 2018, 9:36 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3