Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: General:
New ground in Cornwall for 2019/20

lovin spoonful
Reserve Team Sub

Mar 21, 2019, 4:57 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2700 views)
Shortcut
New ground in Cornwall for 2019/20 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anyone who has ticked off grounds in the Duchy League in Cornwall will have a new ground to check out next season.
LANIVET INN who currently play at the Dragon Centre in Bodmin, are moving back to the village, playing on a new pitch at the community centre.
Speaking to two gents involved, they showed me where the pitch will be and has been part funded by the FA. They will have some kids friendlies on it in the summer before the club officially move in. It's all looking smart and will be well worth a look, even if it is a low standard and no "football furniture"....yet!

Last 0-0 draw: Friday 04/11/2016 Bodmin Town v Plymouth Parkway

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 21, 2019, 7:08 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #2 of 7 (2562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovin spoonful] New ground in Cornwall for 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sorry to change tack slightly (but still in Cornwall) but are Falmouth also on course to have their new ground ready for next season?

lovin spoonful
Reserve Team Sub

Mar 21, 2019, 7:30 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] New ground in Cornwall for 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There is a 4G pitch at Falmouth School which is being used by Camborne School of Mines but Falmouth Town will almost certainly be at Bickland Park next season, but don't quote me on that. That's just what I've heard.

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 21, 2019, 7:44 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovin spoonful] New ground in Cornwall for 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Interesting news, Mr Spoonful. Lanivet will be a good one to tick off new season, and I had no idea that CSM had moved from the pitch across the road and up the fields at Wendron to the new Falmouth 4G, I'll try to get there a.s.a.p.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 21, 2019, 8:11 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #5 of 7 (2471 views)
Shortcut

Thanks. And iirc Falmouth School will be the site of the new ground, albeit separate from the 4G you've mentioned.

lovin spoonful
Reserve Team Sub

Mar 21, 2019, 8:18 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] New ground in Cornwall for 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Richard, coming from the west, turn off at Innis Downs towards Lanivet. In the village, turn right by the Spar shop and follow the road around to the right. On Rectory Road, the new ground is at the community centre on the left. A big car park and a big building at the top. Around the back of that building is a court with basketball hoops and the new pitch is beyond that.
Re Camborne SoM I haven't checked the Trelawny League Full Time website but I know they have played some games there but best to check first.

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

May 16, 2019, 9:49 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] New ground in Cornwall for 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Interesting news, Mr Spoonful. Lanivet will be a good one to tick off new season, and I had no idea that CSM had moved from the pitch across the road and up the fields at Wendron to the new Falmouth 4G, I'll try to get there a.s.a.p.

Went to see CSM v St Agnes res tonight, it was at Falmouth School but not on the 3G but on a grass pitch. When I got there, there was a number of kids training groups on the 3G so I suppose theirs were regular bookings which took priority. Hopefully I'll be able to tick the artificial next season and end up with two ticks on the same complex, a few hundred metres apart.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3