Jun 20, 2019, 7:45 PM

Post #1 of 16 (1145 views)
Shortcut
Hope Valley Amateur League 2019-20 Can't Post or Reply Privately

PREMIER DIVISION

1 ASHOVER
2 BAMFORD
3 BASLOW
4 BLAZING RAG (PROMOTED FROM DIVISION A)
5 BUXWORTH
6 CHAPEL TOWN
7 DOVE HOLES
8 FAIRFIELD FC (PROMOTED FROM DIVISION A)
9 FURNESS VALE
10 HATHERSAAGE (PROMOTED FROM DIVISION A)
11 HIGH LANE
12 STONEY MIDDLETON (PROMOTED FROM DIVISION A)
13 WHALEY BRIDGE DEV (PROMOTED FROM DIVISION A)
14 YOULGRAVE UTD (PROMOTED FROM DIVISION A)

DIVISION A

1 AFC LEA HOLLOWAY (TRANSFERRED FROM MATLOCK & DISTRICT LEAGUE?)
2 BAKEWELL TOWN RES (FORMERLY DIVISION B)
3 BUXWORTH RES (FORMERLY DIVISION B)
4 CALVER (FORMERLY DIVISION B)
5 CHAPEL TOWN RES (FORMERLY DIVISION B)
6 CHINLEY
7 DARLEY DALE LIONS
8 DOVE HOLES RES
9 DRONFIELD WOODHOUSE (FORMERLY DIVISION B)
10 HAYFIELD (NEW CLUB?)
11 JBM SPORTS (FORMERLY DIVISION B)
12 NEW TUPTON IVANHOE (FORMERLY DIVISION B)
13 RAILWAY FC (FORMERLY DIVISION B)
14 TANSLEY JUNIORS (FORMERLY DIVISION B)
15 TIDESWELL UTD (TRANSFERRED FROM CENTRAL MIDLANDS LEAGUE?)
16 TIPSYTOAD (FORMERLY DIVISION B)
17 WINSTER FC (FORMERLY DIVISION B)

Line-ups taken from the official league website.

The competition has been consolidated from three to two divisions.

I've put question marks by AFC Lea Holloway, Tideswell United and Hayfield, if anyone can clarify.

(This post was edited by London Harrier on Jun 20, 2019, 7:53 PM)

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 20, 2019, 7:57 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #2 of 16 (1125 views)
Shortcut
Re: [London Harrier] Hope Valley Amateur League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Matlock & District League didn't;t run last season. It folded at the end of the 2017-18 season. AFC Lea & Holloway were last active in that division but when it disbanded, they did too. Well certainly for Saturday league football anyway. They may have played in Sunday football last season or just been in abeyance for a year!

Tideswell United resigned mid-season from the Central Midlands League season just gone. So have obviously taken a few months out to regroup. Good that they're bouncing back though!

windydcfc

Jun 20, 2019, 8:32 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #3 of 16 (1096 views)
Shortcut
Re: [London Harrier] Hope Valley Amateur League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Has any of the clubs that aren’t showing in the Premier division from last season, joined any other leagues?

Sarumio

Jun 20, 2019, 8:34 PM

Post #4 of 16 (1089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Hope Valley Amateur League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Has any of the clubs that aren’t showing in the Premier division from last season, joined any other leagues?

Like who? Which clubs are missing? All 8 of last season's tiny 8-team premier division are showing in the above Prem Div constitution.

windydcfc

Jun 20, 2019, 8:59 PM

Post #5 of 16 (1060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Hope Valley Amateur League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bradwell Sport, Buxton Town & Melandre Castle

Richard Rundle

Jun 20, 2019, 9:13 PM

Post #6 of 16 (1044 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Hope Valley Amateur League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Like who? Which clubs are missing? All 8 of last season's tiny 8-team premier division are showing in the above Prem Div constitution.

There were two that folded during last year, Bradwell & Melandra Castle.

London Harrier
First Team Star

Jun 21, 2019, 8:37 AM

Post #7 of 16 (815 views)
Shortcut

As someone who regularly watches games in this wonderful competition, here are a few thoughts.

The consolidation of three divisions into two is a positive move, although a 17 club Division A is a surprise. A 32 game season is quite a slog for this level of football and will presumably incorporate midweek fixtures. One hopes the Peak District weather is as kind as last year, otherwise there could be a major fixture backlog towards the end of the campaign.

Blazing Rag’s elevation to the Premier Division is a little odd (and something of a gamble) having finished second bottom of Division A last season.

Disappointing to see Edale haven’t been resurrected, as they play at one of the most picturesque venues in the country. I was also hoping Eyam would make a return. Maybe next season…

And finally, it’s great to see Tipsy Toad (named after a pub in Matlock) continuing, despite finishing bottom of Division B last season with 1 point and -104 goal difference.

(This post was edited by London Harrier on Jun 21, 2019, 8:38 AM)

Sarumio

Jun 21, 2019, 9:25 AM

Post #8 of 16 (784 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Hope Valley Amateur League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

They all folded though. Why would you expect them to be in any other league? I can't even think what league they'd be in other than this one to be honest!

windydcfc

Jun 21, 2019, 9:32 AM

Post #9 of 16 (779 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

They all folded though. Why would you expect them to be in any other league? I can't even think what league they'd be in other than this one to be honest!

It was mentioned that 2 had folded. Depending where they are located, they could either go the Manchester League route or the CMLN route.

Sarumio

Jun 21, 2019, 9:53 AM

Post #10 of 16 (767 views)
Shortcut

They all folded.

I doubt that a club that has not managed to complete a Hope Valley AFL season and has folded, is then going to resurrect themselves in the higher CML or Manchester League.

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 21, 2019, 12:26 PM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #11 of 16 (670 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Disappointing to see Edale haven’t been resurrected, as they play at one of the most picturesque venues in the country. I was also hoping Eyam would make a return. Maybe next season…

Yep, two lovely venues there LH.
On a personal note, glad to see Hayfield reappear. Thought I'd missed my chance to see a game at their picturesque ground when they withdrew from the Premier Division in February 2011, and were not welcomed back for the following season, but patience is a virtue as they say... Angelic

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

KnowYourMarket

Jun 21, 2019, 12:55 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #12 of 16 (636 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
As someone who regularly watches games in this wonderful competition, here are a few thoughts.

The consolidation of three divisions into two is a positive move, although a 17 club Division A is a surprise. A 32 game season is quite a slog for this level of football and will presumably incorporate midweek fixtures. One hopes the Peak District weather is as kind as last year, otherwise there could be a major fixture backlog towards the end of the campaign.

Blazing Rag’s elevation to the Premier Division is a little odd (and something of a gamble) having finished second bottom of Division A last season.

And finally, it’s great to see Tipsy Toad (named after a pub in Matlock) continuing, despite finishing bottom of Division B last season with 1 point and -104 goal difference.

With a large lower division then the teams in the lower echelons could get thrashed regularly. Tipsy Toad for example could get even bigger drubbings.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

London Harrier
First Team Star

Jun 21, 2019, 12:56 PM

Post #13 of 16 (630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nico] Hope Valley Amateur League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I didn't realise Hayfield were a former member club. Thanks for the info.

The website doesn't provide details on their ground. However, Hayfield Juniors play at Bank Vale Rd, Hayfield, High Peak SK22 2EZ. Google Maps shows their is a pitch there.

I wonder if the adult team play at the same venue?

villan
First Team Star

Jun 21, 2019, 1:06 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #14 of 16 (620 views)
Shortcut

Tideswell United res were in Hope Valley division B last season & saw the season through despite 1st demise in CML. They have obviously now become 1st team.

End 2018-19, Total Grounds 1427

New grounds 2019-20.

London Harrier
First Team Star

Jun 21, 2019, 1:28 PM

Post #15 of 16 (592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Hope Valley Amateur League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You raise a very fair point.

I can only assume the restructuring was approved by member clubs (or a majority at least) at the AGM. No doubt the league are keen to avoid a repeat of season where Furness Vale won the Premier Division in January, having completed 13 of their 14 fixtures.

Dr Love
First Team Star

Jun 21, 2019, 5:30 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #16 of 16 (499 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I didn't realise Hayfield were a former member club. Thanks for the info.

The website doesn't provide details on their ground. However, Hayfield Juniors play at Bank Vale Rd, Hayfield, High Peak SK22 2EZ. Google Maps shows their is a pitch there.

I wonder if the adult team play at the same venue?

There isn't anywhere else in the village where they could play. The rec wouldn't be suitable. They used to change in the church hall a few minutes walk away in the centre of the village. I don't think any facilities have been built at Bank Vale Road.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3