Match in or near Dusseldorf on Sat. 13th July

jonw
Youth Team Regular

Jun 23, 2019, 8:13 PM

Team(s): Braintree Town

Post #1 of 7 (624 views)
Shortcut
Match in or near Dusseldorf on Sat. 13th July Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm trying to assist a work colleague by finding a match for him and his mates to attend in/near Dusseldorf on Saturday 13th July. They arrive there on Friday 12th before watching Ipswich in a tournament at S.V. Meppen the next day.
Fortuna Dusseldorf II v Koblenz would be ideal, but the fixture isn't mentioned on their website and no venue is mentioned on Soccerway. Does anyone know if this game is taking place at the Paul Janes Stadion?
Soccerway has Bayer Leverkusen v Fortuna Sittard that day, but I can't find reference on either club site and wonder if that game is being played somewhere neutral rather than the BayArena?
I'm also aware that MSV Duisburg v Stoke City is on, not too far away. However I think they would have to rely on a bus replacement service and would be reluctant to do that, having not travelled abroad on bus/trains before 9they are going on organised Fortuna Dusseldorf coaches to get to Meppen).
If anyone can answer the above or come up with anything else that would be easy to get to, that'd be much appreciated!

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 23, 2019, 9:26 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 7 (589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jonw] Match in or near Dusseldorf on Sat. 13th July [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fortuna Dusseldorf II v TuS Koblenz.
13/7 at 15:00 being played at Julich

jonw
Youth Team Regular

Jun 23, 2019, 9:53 PM

Post #3 of 7 (572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Match in or near Dusseldorf on Sat. 13th July [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for responding so quickly. I'm not familiar with Julich. Is that a ground in Dusseldorf please?

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 24, 2019, 7:48 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #4 of 7 (493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jonw] Match in or near Dusseldorf on Sat. 13th July [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Haven't visited Dusseldorf for 30 fears (MvB eveningFrown) but there is a club called SV Julich 1912 but they are based 40 odd miles away from the city. Could be that venue but only guesswork.

jonw
Youth Team Regular

Jun 24, 2019, 11:07 PM

Post #5 of 7 (340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Match in or near Dusseldorf on Sat. 13th July [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That sounds quite likely, thanks!

Arnd71
Ballboy/girl

Jun 25, 2019, 9:38 PM

Post #6 of 7 (224 views)
Shortcut

Düsseldorf II - Koblenz will be played in Jülich at a club called Salingia Barmen. Not exactly a great ground but a club which tries to show some good matches every summer. Jülich is indeed a little way from Düsseldorf and Barmen is a village outside which might be difficult to reach by bus on weekends.
Duisburg should be about 30 minutes by train from Düsseldorf I think but
if your collegue does not want to leave Düsseldorf he won't have to many matches to choose from. Fussball.de shows TuS Gerresheim II - BV 04 Düsseldorf for July 13th and fupa.de show TSV Urdenbach - VfR Büttgen II and TV Kalkum-Wittlaer - Tusa 06 Düsseldorf. These are all pretty low level teams. Kalkum is the only one above Kreisliga but also just Bezirksliga (Level 7). The best venue of these is in Gerresheim.

(This post was edited by Arnd71 on Jun 25, 2019, 9:39 PM)

jonw
Youth Team Regular

Jun 25, 2019, 11:11 PM

Post #7 of 7 (197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Arnd71] Match in or near Dusseldorf on Sat. 13th July [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks, Arnd71. That's really appreciated!

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3