Post #1 of 1 (357 views)
Shortcut
German Weekend 2nd-4th August 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friday 2nd August
Niederrheinpokal 1st Round
Wuppertaler SV 3-1 VfR Krefeld-Fischeln
Admission 10, no programme
Attendance: 923

A chance to 'tick' the Stadion am Zoo before it is modernised. There is a huge main seated stand (which was the only part open for this game) and behind each goal there is terracing, whilst opposite it looks like seats have been bolted on the old terrace. Looking at the plans on their website it seems only the main stand will remain after redevelopment.

Landesliga VfR Krefeld were originally drawn at home but the costs of hosting the game were prohibitive so the tie was switched.

Regionalliga West Wuppertaler always had too much for their lower ranked opponents but Krelfeld did hold out for 30 minutes before conceding. It was soon 2-0 but they did have their moment right on half time when they scored from a free kick.

The second half was one way traffic but Wuppertaler only added one more goal. The woodwork was rattled a few times but the game fizzled out as the heavens opened.

Time was brief so there was no time to ride the famous Schwebebahn. Definitely one for another time though!

--------------------

Saturday 3rd August
Pre-season Friendly
Werder Bremen 0-0 Everton
Advance ticket 10, no programme
Attendance: 30,166

My second visit to the Weserstadion and my second goalless draw! The game was entertaining enough but despite creating chances Everton's lack of cutting edge was there for everyone to see. Hopefully Moise Kean can provide a solution.

There were about 1,500 Toffee fans who travelled over. This meant there was space to spread out in the away end. If it had been full I think some of the views wouldn't have been great.

Pre-match was spent in the Altstadt having a ubiquitous Becks whilst post match was spent in the Craft Bier Bar, where the choice was a little more varied.

--------------------

Sunday 4th August
Regionalliga Nord
TSV Halvese 0-2 SC Weiche Flensburg
Admission 9, programme FREE
Attendance: 638

As I was flying home from Hannover, it made sense to seek out a game nearby. A 20 minute tram ride to Garbsen, followed by a 15 minute walk found me at the Willhelm Langrehr Stadion. The ground is three sided with a covered terrace along one touchline, open terrace behind one goal and a small seated stand on the other touchline.

The game wasn't a classic by any stretch and I thought I was on for another 0-0 but two goals in the last 5 minutes for Flensburg saved the day.

There was just enough time post-match for a meal and a few beers in the Ernst August Brahaus in Hannover before heading off to the airport.

A great weekend! UTFT.

read my inane ramblings at...
Damage in the Box!
http://groundhoppersdiary.blogspot.com/

follow me on twitter @christopher7590

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3