INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Thailand Pattaya / Jomtien

auchinleckian
Youth Team Star

Dec 6, 2015, 5:25 PM

Team(s): Auchinleck Talbot; Grimsby Town; Wales (rugby and football)

Post #1 of 5 (1877 views)
Shortcut
Thailand Pattaya / Jomtien Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wife and I are going to Thailand in the near future and was wondering if anyone ahd any experience of watching games in either Pattaya or Jomtien, and any pitfalls we might possibly encounter, or are the games generally incident free for tourists?

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 8, 2015, 6:02 AM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #2 of 5 (1635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [auchinleckian] Thailand Pattaya / Jomtien [In reply to] Can't Post or

Depends when you are going, after this weekend the season is over until mid February. Fixtures will be available around 29th/30th December.

Football in Thailand is hassle free, games typically around 100 baht. Not many sides in the Pattaya area, Pattaya United in Division One and Chonburi in the Prem.

Even if you want to travel, the 3 sides based in Rayong play in the middle of nowhere, Siam Navy may be easy to get to in Sattahip, sadly no idea how to get any of them. Other than that, aside from Chachoengsao, nothing else within 100km.

Pattaya is sadly at the bottom of places I would like to ever revisit, as a place in Thailand but all down to personal preference of course.

(This post was edited by Chapeltom on Dec 8, 2015, 6:05 AM)

auchinleckian
Youth Team Star

Dec 8, 2015, 11:39 AM

Team(s): Auchinleck Talbot; Grimsby Town; Wales (rugby and football)

Post #3 of 5 (1573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Thailand Pattaya / Jomtien [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I wholeheartedly agree with you about Pattaya and it's undesirability. Our circumstances, unfortunately, are determined by visiting my late brother's widow who lives over the hill from there in between Pattaya and Jomtien Beach. It's actullay an oasis of sanity inbetween two rather seedy resorts and we enjoy it there, it being quiet. Definitely want to take in a game sometime so thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

dirtyleeds
Junior Team Sub

Aug 20, 2019, 10:54 AM

Post #4 of 5 (418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Thailand Pattaya / Jomtien [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does anyone know of what happens in their off-season? E.g. do the usually have PSFs and when would these be? Or is there usually touring sides over? Or off-season cup comps? I'm looking at going over Xmas so it would be great to catch something, but I'm aware the regular season dates don't tie up with this

willesden
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 21, 2019, 5:51 AM

Team(s): Scarborough Athletic, Hull City & Hendon + NW London Non League

Post #5 of 5 (284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dirtyleeds] Thailand Pattaya / Jomtien [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There are friendlies in December and January from memory. The hard bit is finding advanced notice. I follow a plethora of different Twitter accounts and even then info can be a bit last minute.

Re football in Pattaya.

Pattaya United have moved just south of Bangkok in a MK Dons type move and are now called Samut Prakarn City.

Their old Nong Prue home ground is now used by Pattaya Discovery United in the 4th tier Osmin League East Region.

Fixtures here:

https://www.thaileague.co.th/fixtures/

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3