Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Oct 24, 2019, 8:30 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #101 of 125 (6718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hilarious but also pretty sad that some posters think one incident that happened to them 40 years ago is proof that racism towards white people is exactly the same as that which people of colour can experience every single day.

It's you that's hilarious, I can't remember the last time I witnessed any racism at a football match or anywhere else and I haven't heard any friends or work colleagues complain about it recently.

I can assure everyone that the incidents I referred to did not happen forty years ago! I could bring up other examples, but we Britons on the whole are pretty phlegmatic about such things and let them pass. We do not try to retaliate and the idiots like those at Yeovil obviously have their own agenda.

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 24, 2019, 9:35 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #102 of 125 (6573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Hilarious but also pretty sad that some posters think one incident that happened to them 40 years ago is proof that racism towards white people is exactly the same as that which people of colour can experience every single day.

It's you that's hilarious, I can't remember the last time I witnessed any racism at a football match or anywhere else and I haven't heard any friends or work colleagues complain about it recently.

I run the risk of being struck by lightning every single day.

I donít know you so can only make an assumption that youíre white (apologies if itís a wrong assumption).

If you were BAME I think youíre likely to have experienced racism more recently. It might have been not being offered a job you were qualified for, or being stopped by the police for no reason, or simply not having the opportunities in life that many of us take for granted.

Not sure what the likelihood of you being struck by lightning has to do with anything.

No that is a correct assumption.

Even if I accept that being white makes me less likely to be a victim of racism, I would expect to witness incidents of it towards others or hear them complaining about it if it was as prevelent as some people would like us to believe.

Main Drain Man
Youth Team Star

Oct 25, 2019, 12:28 AM

Team(s): Kingstonian, Ipswich Town, Sheffield United, Rotherham United and East Fife

Post #103 of 125 (6400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Even if I accept that being white makes me less likely to be a victim of racism, I would expect to witness incidents of it towards others or hear them complaining about it if it was as prevelent as some people would like us to believe.

I would stress that I am not replying to this particular comment, or poster, which just happens to be the last one on the thread. As I was not at Harringay on Saturday either I don't feel I should be judge and jury to what actually happened, although some seem to think it excusable, implying that the abused may be responsible. My own past experiences with Yeovil fans are not positive although I am not BAME. Alleged fans surrounding my car after a defeat at our ground; threatening my partner and me to a fight, attacking one of their own stewards who was protecting our fans getting on the supporters coaches at the Huish, and causing an elderly lady fan of ours to have a heart attack are a few examples of negative occurrences . In addition to their helpful steward their chairman at the time also fronted a small group intent on inciting trouble with our supporters at one of our matches there. Like their players and management on Saturday I wouldn't include them with these "fans".

Although a minority it is a fairly large one amongst their following who would lead me to suggest there was no smoke without fire regarding this cup tie, but I have no direct evidence. However the reason for my post is that, no doubt inadvertently, I was copied into group mails from one of the posters on here, who claims to have no racist agenda, in defending those responsible, spouting the most offensive racist and Islamophobic rubbish imaginable. Unfortunately but for obvious reasons I had immediately deleted the offensive material from my mailbox and asked the person forwarding not to do so any more but when someone is claiming to be taking a neutral stance; in defending potential racism, pardon me if I find the post farcical with the written xenophobia I have personally seen.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 25, 2019, 12:56 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #104 of 125 (6381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Main Drain Man] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

An eye-opening post but one which unfortunately creates a climate of suspicion around numerous posters in this thread. As such, and rather irksome to have to do so, I can say that the person referred to here was not me.

dottirofhod

Oct 25, 2019, 1:01 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #105 of 125 (6372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Don't you just love it when people accuse someone but wont tell who.

No not me. That's 2 excluded , anybody else wish to be excluded from the possibles ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 109 / 92 / 17 / 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 18 / 11 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-0-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

kirby knitters

Oct 25, 2019, 7:55 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #106 of 125 (6206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just on the off chance that any finger of suspicion is pointing this way then please point away now. Nothing to do with me!

cope1

Oct 25, 2019, 8:46 AM

Post #107 of 125 (6131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Comments which include phrases like 'PC Brigade' or 'Patriarchy' tend to represent a person's own political standpoint as nobody identifies themselves as these things, even if they know someone else sees them that way.

I agree that any false accusations are as bad as racism itself - I've had racism accusations hurled at me by people for no other reason than that they want to hurt me and they know that'll work and it makes me want to beat them to a pulp.

That said, there is a plenty of evidence that this was NOT a false allegation and so it should be taken seriously. I'm surprised the police weren't called, as from what I've heard what these people were doing would have been very much a matter for the police, but as they weren't called and the culprits remained, I see no reason why the players should have continued.

Blame for the disruption falls squarely on the heads of the perpetrators. If you want to share it around a bit you can lob a bit at the stewards or the club for not getting the police along, but if the culprits cannot be removed then there's no reason the players should have to come out and just get on with it.

paulh66

Oct 25, 2019, 9:11 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #108 of 125 (6087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Comments which include phrases like 'PC Brigade' or 'Patriarchy' tend to represent a person's own political standpoint as nobody identifies themselves as these things, even if they know someone else sees them that way.

I agree that any false accusations are as bad as racism itself

Sadly too often it's the PC brigade who tend to make such false accusations and insinuations. It's probably PC of me to refer to them as the PC brigade in such instances because the corrosive effects of such accusations and insinuations - both on individuals and on the issue of racism itself - arguably warrant something much stronger.

In Reply To
Blame for the disruption falls squarely on the heads of the perpetrators. If you want to share it around a bit you can lob a bit at the stewards or the club for not getting the police along, but if the culprits cannot be removed then there's no reason the players should have to come out and just get on with it.

That may prove to be the case but let's await the outcome of the investigations to see where the blame lies - that's why we have them.

dottirofhod

Oct 25, 2019, 9:23 AM

Post #109 of 125 (6063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I agree that any false accusations are as bad as racism itself

Sadly too often it's the PC brigade who tend to make such false accusations and insinuations. It's probably PC of me to refer to them as the PC brigade in such instances because the corrosive effects of such accusations and insinuations - both on individuals and on the issue of racism itself - arguably warrant something much stronger.

In Reply To

That may prove to be the case but let's await the outcome of the investigations to see where the blame lies - that's why we have them.

Why wait , lets dunk the lot and see who drowns.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 109 / 92 / 17 / 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 18 / 11 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-0-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Oct 25, 2019, 9:38 AM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #110 of 125 (6016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No not me. That's 2 excluded , anybody else wish to be excluded from the possibles ?

Not me eitherAngelic

Karen Browne
First Team Sub

Oct 25, 2019, 1:16 PM

Team(s): Welwyn Garden City

Post #111 of 125 (5761 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I'm Spartacus LOL

Karen Browne
Spartan South Midlands League
Fixtures Officer

Climate Change
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 25, 2019, 1:51 PM

Post #112 of 125 (5672 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

It could be that fella from Romford...........

I don't need Google. I have a Hoddy.

Isaac

Oct 25, 2019, 2:49 PM

Post #113 of 125 (5576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Not me eitherAngelic

Me neither!

Isaac

Oct 25, 2019, 3:00 PM

Post #114 of 125 (5547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I agree that any false accusations are as bad as racism itself - I've had racism accusations hurled at me by people for no other reason than that they want to hurt me and they know that'll work and it makes me want to beat them to a pulp.

That said, there is a plenty of evidence that this was NOT a false allegation and so it should be taken seriously. I'm surprised the police weren't called, as from what I've heard what these people were doing would have been very much a matter for the police, but as they weren't called and the culprits remained, I see no reason why the players should have continued.

I wouldn't be very pleased if somebody made false allegations about me but I'm not sure I'd have any desire to beat them to a pulp.

We'll probably never know exactly what did and didn't happen at Haringey but there are suggestions that the police were called but never arrived, presumably other priorities elsewhere?

I don't really see why the game couldn't have resumed once order was restored and I found the HB managers reasoning that the referee couldn't guarantee his players safety a bit bizzare, how could any referee possibly guarantee that?

Climate Change
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 25, 2019, 3:02 PM

Post #115 of 125 (5546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Main Drain Man] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I would stress that I am not replying to this particular comment, or poster, which just happens to be the last one on the thread. As I was not at Harringay on Saturday either I don't feel I should be judge and jury to what actually happened, although some seem to think it excusable, implying that the abused may be responsible. My own past experiences with Yeovil fans are not positive although I am not BAME. Alleged fans surrounding my car after a defeat at our ground; threatening my partner and me to a fight, attacking one of their own stewards who was protecting our fans getting on the supporters coaches at the Huish, and causing an elderly lady fan of ours to have a heart attack are a few examples of negative occurrences . In addition to their helpful steward their chairman at the time also fronted a small group intent on inciting trouble with our supporters at one of our matches there. Like their players and management on Saturday I wouldn't include them with these "fans".

However the reason for my post is that, no doubt inadvertently, I was copied into group mails from one of the posters on here, who claims to have no racist agenda, in defending those responsible, spouting the most offensive racist and Islamophobic rubbish imaginable. Unfortunately but for obvious reasons I had immediately deleted the offensive material from my mailbox and asked the person forwarding not to do so any more but when someone is claiming to be taking a neutral stance; in defending potential racism, pardon me if I find the post farcical with the written xenophobia I have personally seen.

Name and shame, or are you just really another snowflake?

Haywain
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 25, 2019, 3:12 PM

Team(s): Luton Town

Post #116 of 125 (5530 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I don't really see why the game couldn't have resumed once order was restored and I found the HB managers reasoning that the referee couldn't guarantee his players safety a bit bizzare, how could any referee possibly guarantee that?

Whatever anybody thinks about comments from the Haringey manager, it seems clear that BOTH managers/teams felt that the game should not continue in the circumstances, and it is the referee's decision to abandon the match. The referee will subsequently submit a report to the FA and it is they who will decide if there should be any sanctions due to untoward behaviour on the part of one or other, or both, of the clubs involved.

Haywain - following the Hatters through thin and thin.

Chris1963

Oct 25, 2019, 3:50 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #117 of 125 (5405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Climate Change] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

However the reason for my post is that, no doubt inadvertently, I was copied into group mails from one of the posters on here, who claims to have no racist agenda, in defending those responsible, spouting the most offensive racist and Islamophobic rubbish imaginable. Unfortunately but for obvious reasons I had immediately deleted the offensive material from my mailbox and asked the person forwarding not to do so any more but when someone is claiming to be taking a neutral stance; in defending potential racism, pardon me if I find the post farcical with the written xenophobia I have personally seen.

Name and shame, or are you just really another snowflake?

First time you've posted since March and yet again you are only interested in bullying fellow posters. Calling people 'snowflakes' is a form of bullying.

Climate Change
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 25, 2019, 8:14 PM

Post #118 of 125 (5126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

First time you've posted since March and yet again you are only interested in bullying fellow posters. Calling people 'snowflakes' is a form of bullying.

You really wasted time to check my posting history.....get a life.
In your weird and wonderful world is there anything that can be said that you don't class as bullying?

paulh66

Oct 25, 2019, 9:02 PM

Post #119 of 125 (5041 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Indeed. Never ends well.

SuperKev!
First Team Star

Oct 25, 2019, 9:29 PM

Post #120 of 125 (4999 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
We'll probably never know exactly what did and didn't happen at Haringey but there are suggestions that the police were called but never arrived, presumably other priorities elsewhere?

The police were called and, by the time I was leaving the ground, there were at least 8 police officers taking witness statements from various people. They were speaking to both teams, the match officials, club officials, the BT Sport film crew and some spectators.

I wasn't personally asked for a statement but I did speak to the Haringey Chairman and offered to provide a statement to the FA if needed. I haven't been asked for it so far.

dottirofhod

Oct 28, 2019, 7:32 AM

Post #121 of 125 (4177 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Indeed. Never ends well.

Even got the snowflake party involved now , a form of bullying FFS.
Better stop calling people 'wallflowers' I didn't realise that it could be classed as a form of bullying.

Come back Frank/Gary.

KnowYourMarket

Oct 28, 2019, 1:38 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #122 of 125 (3663 views)
Shortcut

Aren't Crewe fans wallflowers by avoiding crowded areas?

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

dottirofhod

Oct 29, 2019, 8:14 AM

Post #123 of 125 (2995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

We wont be avoiding crowded areas on Saturday against one of your local teams.

Oatcakes replacing faggots nowadays , is that PC nowadays ?

cope1

Oct 30, 2019, 4:05 PM

Post #124 of 125 (2224 views)
Shortcut

I see no evidence that those from the left (the "PC brigade") are any more guilty of lying about these things than those from the right ("the Patriarchy"). My point was that both phrases are used by opponents. Nobody describes themselves as being a part of either of these things. What makes them look different is that often those to the right benefit from the status quo, which means those on the left look like they're the ones who make all the noise. It's easy not to complain when everything suits you the way it is.

I also believe that you cannot compromise the burden of proof just because something is a hot topic, so I appreciate that people don't want to just start throwing accusations of racism around willy nilly, but it's also the case that some people expect 100% proof of something before action is taken. That's been the case in football for a long time - the authorities hide behind the fact that they can't prove 100% that something happened, or that "it's a society problem, it's not just about football".

Ultimately, I don't want people to sterilise football by crying wolf every time they think something bad has happened, but that's not the opposite of dealing with racism - an age old problem which has not not been tackled particularly strongly until very recently.

ladderman

Nov 2, 2019, 1:37 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #125 of 125 (844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm not disappointed my break coincided with this. I'm certainly not going to comment on everything that's been written, but a couple of points.

The minute the Haringey manager asked if the referee could guarentee the players' safety it was obvious that he wasnted it abandoned. If it was anyone's job to do that, it was his club's. They seem to have been underprepared for a high profile game.

The idea that black people can't be racist is nonsense. I know a basketball player who won't accept that white players are any good. He actually got punched by another black guy because of the abuse he was handing out to a white player. I've also heard a black women tell someone "Hitler didn't kill enough of your people" because she couldn't get a free ticket. People of all colours are capable of being morons.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3