Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #1 of 18 (3210 views)
Shortcut
Sunday 20th October 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

A&M Print Copy Knockout Cup
West lavington Playing Field
Royal Oak 2 Old Road 1
F&N Attendance: 15 + several dogs

Chippenham & District Division 2 hosted Division 1 in this competition. Worton & Cheverell played here last season; a tidy venue with an elevated village hall and park benches from which to view proceedings.
Away side led on 9 with a beauty; 6 crisp passes and a low finish. The home side (a Devizes club) equalised on 43 with a fine low drive. All looked to be heading for penalties when the hosts scored the winner on 84 with a channel ball, cut inside and a placed finish.
All played in a good spirit on what was a decidedly cool morning.

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 81 Goals: 320 GPG: 3.95 New Grounds: 45

(This post was edited by Digdagdog on Oct 20, 2019, 1:13 PM)

Karb
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2019, 4:52 PM

Team(s): Sunderland AFC, Keighley Cougars RL

Post #2 of 18 (2995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Division Honor Andaluza
CD Rincon 0-0 Guadix CF
Admission €6, free team sheet, Att: 250(ish)

The town of Rincon de la Victoria is around a half hours' bus ride from Malaga. I caught the M.160 bus, costing €1.70 each way. The ground is around 15 minutes walk from the bus stop.

After a short spell in the Tercera Division, Rincon were relegated last season. I had tweeted to inform them I was coming, and they kindly photocopied a teamsheet for me.

The end opposite the entrance is out of bounds, hard standing (uncovered) is available behind the near side goal, and covered seating on each of the two sides. There is a bar which did a brisk trade in both food and drink.

Not a bad game, despite the 0-0 scoreline; the home side came closest to scoring around the half hour mark, but the shot from number 9 cannoned off the crossbar

"People do not have moments of truth in station waiting rooms"

Dave 56
First Team Sub

Oct 20, 2019, 5:27 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #3 of 18 (2909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karb] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Burton and District Division 1. KO 10:30. (F&N). Crowd 14.

Anglesey Arms 9 v 1 Stretton Social

The Arms play at Meadow lane, Burton just a few hundred yards North of the Albion ground. Very pleasant venue, fully enclosed by trees and bushes, with the Victorian Claymills Pumping Station behind the goal and a lake on the far side.

The home side, who top the league, scored 5 in 35 minutes before Social got their only goal just before half time. Slow start to the second half but after 20 minutes Anglesey added 4 to their total in 10 minutes. Stretton rarely threatened and both teams seemed to settle for the result a few minutes from the end.

Alfreton QTS Sunday. Division 1. KO 14:15. (F&N). Crowd 20.

Half Moon 2 v 2 FC Chadd 2013

This was played at Sinfin Moor #3, a complex with 6 pitches in a Nature reserve setting. Probably polite to say it's not the best of areas and the burnt out Smart car in the car park did little to enhance the area! Noticed a couple of dubious characters loitering near the pitch, one discreetly handed the other a pill, maybe he had a headache!!

Really entertaining game with the visitors scoring first and the home side equalising before half time following a goalkeeping blunder.. In the second period the visitors scored first but the home side got a deserved equaliser and with Chadd down to 10 men due to a late sin bin, Half Moon came close to getting all 3 points.

hotchkiss
First Team Sub

Oct 20, 2019, 7:50 PM

Team(s): wolves,non league

Post #4 of 18 (2576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

METEOR PRAGUE (0) 3 DOBRIS (0) 1 Liga 4 (B).Admission 35kr (£1-40p ) No programme but managed to get a team sheet.Att: 200. After catching the metro to Palmovka it is then a short walk to the ground for another 10-15am KO.The old wooden stand runs the full length of one touchline opposite is some grass banking with terraccing behind one goal.The home side deserved their victory with 3 second half goals.Our 2nd game and last of the weekend.was BOHEMIANS 1905 (0) 1 OPAVA (0) 0 Liga Admission about £8 again bought on line.Programme 20kr.Att: 5,081.Small ground with the main stand along one touchline.Behind the far goal is terraccing with a few uncovered seats.Opposite the main stand is some uncovered seating where the visititing supporters about 100 were seated.Not a great game with the home side scoring the decisive goal after 55 minutes.

(This post was edited by hotchkiss on Oct 20, 2019, 7:51 PM)

hemelhopper
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2019, 7:57 PM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town FC, Trust Portsmouth FC and The Reds of Cincinnati

Post #5 of 18 (2552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wickham Dynamos 4-3 FC DTEC (Meon Valley Sunday League, Division 1)
- played at Wickham Recreation Ground, Fareham Road, Wickham from 2.00pm

Att – 17 (h/c); Entry – none; Prog – none; Refreshment – the Shell garage opposite
Weather – a beautiful sunny afternoon. Travel – M27 and A32
Colours – Dynamos in all blue with blue stripes to shirt .. DTEC in red and white hoops with black shorts

Managed to get free of the Great South Run road closures in time for this game, which was set up a treat .. the Clubs having shared six goals in a cup match last weekend and came together again for league play today .. the hosts leading the Division .. the visitors having won both their opening league games .. so, something had to give and it did.

No real furniture relating to the football, as a traditional recreation ground, save for a few bench seats .. with small changing pavilion and tennis courts adjacent .. normal swings and roundabouts within kicking distance .. and a grassy pitch, with subtle slope.

The game itself was effectively concluded during the first half .. when the visitors, having opened up the scoring on 5 minutes from a good header and then seen a host penalty pass the outside of left post .. then somehow got a ten-minute sin-bin assignment .. followed by a fellow player collapsing with a leg injury, from no challenge, just wear and tear .. and with no substitutes, they played on with the ten men again for the rest of the game .. allowing Dynamos to get a foothold and score three goals before the break, in part due to mistimed defensive plays.

However, all was not lost and a pep talk for the visitors at half time got the ten playing again and they were quick to score on 47 with a decent strike .. then the host skipper got sin binned for berating a penalty turned down .. DTEC keeper pulled off all manner of saves to keep his team in the game but came up against an unstoppable drilled half volley on 76, which extended Dynamos lead .. yet still DTEC were able to snatch a stabbed in goal, going into stoppage time .. with neither side giving up .. and regardless of fitness and that final touch, the afternoon was a really good advert for local football .. they just got on with .. yes had a moan .. but totally enjoyed their day in the sun .. well done to all.

Grounds = 632, Leagues done = 15 (37 to go); Games (19/20) = 93; New Grounds (19/20) = 76; Goals (19/20) = 404; Ave goals/game = 4.34; Last new ground = Malvern Town; Next = Sat 16th Nov 2019

(This post was edited by hemelhopper on Oct 20, 2019, 8:12 PM)

penny banner
Youth Team Regular

Oct 20, 2019, 8:47 PM

Post #6 of 18 (2411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hemelhopper] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

AFC WIMBLEDON v NORWICH CITY. womens national league south east division. kick off 14.48 I.M.T. Result: 3-1. Admission & programme: free. Attendance 48.

Much good stuff in this one as Wimbledon maintained their unbeaten record. Norwich may have lost the game but made up for it with the longest group hug I've ever seen, an accolade that has some pretty fierce competition in women's football. Save it for the dressing room girls, all you do is delay the kick off even more and it really doesn't make you play any better. The referee was a dead ringer for Garth Crooks before he let himself go.
Although only mid October this is Wimbledon's last scheduled home league match until well into the new year. Note to fixture secretary: must try harder.

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 20, 2019, 9:39 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #7 of 18 (2230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hemelhopper] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Normandie - Regional 1, Group B
Romilly Pont St. Pierre 2-1 Stade Sotteville Cheminot Club
Admission Free. Attendance 130 (official from RPFC website)

The Boy was not happy about being dragged all the way to this one, a drive of two hours drive each way, but that means over six hours out of the house, which is too long to leave a ten year old on his own. Although to be honest, he would have been fine, spending the whole day playing video games. There is something a little unusual about my boy though - yesterday evening he asked for more greens and less chips with his meal. Anyone else heard of this from a ten year old?

Anyway, to football, Pont St. Pierre is to the east of Rouen along the Andelle. Romilly sur Andelle is passed shortly before reaching the correct village. There is an old church with French gothic and flying butresses, but little else to make me think of looking around on a wet Sunday.

The ground, which has three pitches, (two railed), is part of a multi sport facility with tennis and squash courts and an archery range behind the stand. No running track, although there are signs that the main pitch may once have had something around it. The surrounding barrier curves behind the goal and has a kink to allow the start of a sprint run. I suspect the pitch was moved over this as you would now be sprinting down the touch line.

A small but tall stand with a high metalled roof stands close to the halfway line and could comfortably seat the whole crowd, (but not many more). As it is, just over half those in attendance use the seats, while quite a few brave the rain, and around 20 take the seats behind one goal. This is a small stand that is angled, apparently behind the curve of the non-existing track. Next to this is an old entrance and old dressing rooms, none of which are in use.

Instead, the club now has a modern club building with a bar/club room (not actually used, which is dissapointing, especially as in includes a lovely set of league table displays). The dressing rooms are now in this building, while a hatch from it allows refreshments to be served to those outside. Beer, soft drinks and chocolate bars were on offer, and up to the point I ordered they were serving coffee, but the machine had apparently broken and was not delivering more.

We are at the sixth tier of the French system, and the home team had a 100% record from their first four games, sitting behind Rouen 1899's second team on goal difference. SSCC were third, having lost one game out of four.

Sotteville shares the area south of the Seine in Rouen with Grand and Petit Quevilly, and is close to the railway. The club name, Cheminot translates as Railwaymen.

The playing surface was good, if a little soft so it was not suprising that the players were warming up on a second pitch when I arrived. The game started with plenty of endeavour, but not a lot of end result and few chances created. I felt that the home side, playing in something approximating 4-4-2 against the visitors 4-1-4-1 were overcomplicating their play, holding the ball for too long and allowing their oppenents to smother their attacks.

I will name the number 9, Mamadou Lamine Gningue as the most serious offender here, but this is possibly as his team tended to play every attack through him, so he had more of the ball than other players. At the other end, it was Jean Yves Ekoman who impressed.

Although Ekoman was the shortest player on the pitch, he was still able to head his team into the lead on 38 minutes and hence giving them a first half lead.

It was another header, this time from Gningue who was the tallest player on the pitch, that levelled the scores with a header from a similar position on the field (if at least two feet higher). Eight minutes later RPFC take the lead with Valentin Peltier easily converting a penalty.

It took a while for the visitors to react to being behind, but they really pushed in the last ten minutes, and a lengthy injury time. This did lead to some opening at the other end, and RPFC missed too good chances to extend the lead on the break. On both occasions, it was two against one and on each they managed to mess up the pass, (and on one, they got offside as well).

All in all, not a bad day out.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

NeilH
Youth Team Star

Oct 20, 2019, 9:39 PM

Team(s): Cambridge City

Post #8 of 18 (2228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [penny banner] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cambridgeshire MCR League
With the students back in Cambridge decided to try and watch a game this morning. Churchill were at home to Anglia, Jesus home to Pembroke. Went to Churchill first, less than two miles from home. No sign of anybody so cycled on to plan B, a further mile into town for a game at Jesus, which I must admit was my preference as they are the only Cambridge College to play on their grounds rather than one of the out-lying college sports fields. As I headed into the City centre it dawned on me that the local 10K event was taking place on Jesus Green and the whole area was in gridlock. I got close enough to see that Jesus weren't playing so headed home. Went back via Churchill and still no sign of action so gave that up as well.
Moral of the story is that anyone tempted by these games, most played at very attractive sports grounds, have the lottery of not being able to rely on the published ko times. That is my fourth failed attempt to see a Churchill game in 12 months and the third time for a Jesus game. Will keep plugging away though.....
Home for a brief lunch and back on the bike to cycle to Trumpington for a game in the Cambs Veterans League Division Two. These games are listed on the Cambridgeshire County League page on Full Time and you can rely on the ko info for these, just in case you are tempted. Playing, not watching and for the first time in living memory my team Ridgeons have won two back to back games. Think the crowd peaked at three when my youngest lad turned up to watch the old man. Happy days and aching knees.

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2019, 9:51 PM

Team(s): Hants/Middx/Sussex Non-League, Brentford, THFC, Eastleigh, SC Freiburg

Post #9 of 18 (2166 views)
Shortcut

Amazingly, I was also at:
Meon Valley Sunday League Division 1

Wickham Dynamos 4 FC DTEC 3

admission/programme none, my headcount 10
4-0-1 (top) v 2-0-0 (middle)
Agree with HH's summary - where were you? I was in front of the tennis courts, so you were presumably on the other side?An eventful game, not the highest standard at times, nor bereft of moaning, but certainly entertaining with 100% effort by both sides. I think the visitors would probably have won but for defensive errors (trying to pass it too much in their own half) and the injury referred to, which was a 'groin pop', according to the injured player, who was wrapped in foil to keep him warm for most of the game. They had no sub so played with 10 men for 65 mins, they battled really well but were totally knackered by the end. More on the game: the visitors started well and had an early shot saved (both keepers were very good all afternoon) and then a powerful shot by Griffin was well tipped over by Ashdown at the other end. The visitors took the lead after 6 mins as Craig Kirby (one of three Kirbys in the team) headed in from a corner. On 9 mins the homesters were awarded a penalty for a defender climbing all over a forward - after delays for a sin-bin and Wickham arguing over who would take it, Gamblin took it and shot wide. The visitors then had three more good chances but it was the hosts who equalised on 23 mins, a ball over the top being well anticipated by Mears, who then produced a good finish. We then had the unfortunate injury but the visitors came back and had a couple more chances saved before Wickham took the lead on 41 mins, a terrible pass by a defender in his own area going straight to Ray, who scored. Two more saves at the other end, before what was probably the killer blow in first half injury time, as a neat move saw Ray set up Griffin for a good finish. HT 3-1.
The visitors still believed they could win, even with 10 men, and started the second half as if they would; a good move saw Oliver reduce the arrears on 47 mins. But the home team came back and had three good chances - two wide, one saved - before Dale burst into the penalty area and was chopped for as blatant a penalty as you could wish to see - waved away by the ref and resulting in another sin-bin. Ashdown then made a remarkable triple save to deny Wickham the clinching goal, but it finally came on 76 mins as a cross was lashed into the net at the far post by Ray. Still DTFC came back and Craig Kirby had two good chances, but it was Carl Kirby who got a goal on 88 mins from a corner, too late to make any difference to the result.
Not been to Wickham Rec since Jan 2015 and it hasn't changed - the A32 is behind the wooden pavilion, pretty noisy today - at the far side of the roundabout a building site shows that the incursion of 'Solent City' into the countryside also goes north, as well as everywhere else between Portsmouth and Southampton. I don't know what DTEC stands for in the visitors' name but Twitter indicates that it is a new name for 6oz United, named after a burger restaurant in Southsea, where the club was founded, whom I saw play at Burridge in 2016.

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Oct 20, 2019, 9:52 PM)

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 20, 2019, 10:00 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #10 of 18 (2139 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There is something a little unusual about my boy though - yesterday evening he asked for more greens and less chips with his meal. Anyone else heard of this from a ten year old?

Have you been feeding him Soylent Green ?

bluearmybob
First Team Sub

Oct 20, 2019, 10:36 PM

Team(s): Ipswich Town FC since April 11th 1966.Groundhopping since January 28th 1989

Post #11 of 18 (2045 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HantsLondoner] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A drive to Wham Stadium. KO 12.00pm.

Sky Bet League 1.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY 2 (2) v (0) IPSWICH TOWN 0.

Scorers.

Home. C Bishop (17 & 41pen)

Away. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Admission £20. Programme £3. Pin Badge £1.99. Attendance 3,567.

GROUNDS VISITED.(379) NEW GROUNDS THIS SEASON 2019/20. (10)
GAMES THIS SEASON 2019/20. (18)
GAMES SINCE LAST 0-0. Haverhill Borough v Felixstowe & Walton United Reserves. 2/11/19. (2) BEST RUN OF NOT SEEING A 0-0. (61)
LEAGUES COMPLETED. Championship. League 1. Isthmian League North. ECL Premier Division. SCEFL Premier Division.
FOOTBALL SEEN IN:Bulgaria,Czech Republic,England,France,Greece,Guensey,Holland,Scotland,Switzerland,Turkey & Wales.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 21, 2019, 12:28 AM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #12 of 18 (1854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
There is something a little unusual about my boy though - yesterday evening he asked for more greens and less chips with his meal. Anyone else heard of this from a ten year old?

Have you been feeding him Soylent Green ?

A young Tiger Woods?

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

timmy tabby
First Team Star

Oct 21, 2019, 6:03 AM

Post #13 of 18 (1748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluearmybob] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

....With the following in fourteenth and thirteenth places in SCEFL Premier, this looked an open ET & Pens invitation, however Tales of the Unexpected Pt 1298 and one of the most one sided contests of the season....

Erith and Belvedere 0 v 6 Lordswood - Kent Senior Trophy 1st Round
Prog 20 pages £2.00 - Admission £8.00 - Att 50

....And the ease of the visitors win helped by some shambolic home defending and some equally decisive attacking down the right from both Shaike Kamara and Jordan Samuel who took advantage of a lack of defending on this side of the E & B defence. Slow start from both teams was ended by a conclusive run through a huge gap on the left by Josh Jackson and his rising shot from a none too favourable angle was too powerful and accurate for Dan Teeley in the home goal to get anywhere near. The lead was soon doubled by a goal emanating from a most unSCEFL like build up with Samuels angled pass down the right dissecting what was of the E & B defensive formation, equally impressive first time low cross from Kamara and a deft close range finish with the outside of his boot from Felix Ogeah.

Noticed from when Lordswood took the lead that Teeley was having to make several important saves to prevent further first half embarrassment, he was (just) beaten though for what was the visitors third with a low cross from Kamara being turned into his own net by George Jones, with Teeley's fingertips just unable to reach. Luke Medley should have grown the advantage to four but clean through angled well wide.

The first period really was a catastrophe for the hosts, shipping three goals and their only chance was when Arthur Fedujio had acres of space on the left to exploit but lazily shot five yards wide of the near post with three forwards in the middle to aim at. The first forty five minutes was nearing it's end when the home bench indicated that they wished to make a substitution and bring off Federico Etame. Difficulty was that he did not want to come off and reacted to the decision to substitute him was to throw a succession of punches in the direction of the home manager. As the substitution had not been completed, the man in black was left with no alternative to dismiss Etame and also the E & B manager for retaliation. Etame disappeared down the tunnel and within minutes was walking out of the ground with his kit bag. A quick trawl of records located an earlier bizarre E & B departure back in April 2014 when Ellis walked off the pitch during the second half of a contest, disappeared into the changing rooms and departed the ground without any further reference.

With a three goal advantage and a player advantage as well, it was hardly surprising that Lordswood took a much more relaxed approach to the second period, in fact there were periods during the second half when the squawking of the Welling Parakeets was becoming increasing noticeable. What had long been a procession became Mr Medley show with a second half hat trick showing a degree of finishing pedigree that has been learnt higher up the food chain. Initially he was frustrated by Teeley's leaps and dives but then Medley opened his account from twenty yards as his shot slithered through Teeley's fingers. He was assisted by the referee who over ruled his linesman's offside flag for his second as Jackson's shot deflected into his path and to obtain his hat trick with an excellent dissecting through pass from Emmanuel Maja giving Medley the required time and space to easily convert past Teeley who had no defensive protection.

Personally, I rarely enjoy contests as one sided as this, however with the presence of a number of Kentish aficionados who generated the banter together with Steve of West Ealing and Mr Druryszki who supplied the half time Krakowian Apple Cake, it turned out to be a decent afternoon away from the less purposeful tasks of Sunday domestics......

mxhornet
First Team Star

Oct 21, 2019, 6:54 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #14 of 18 (1687 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy tabby] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
....With the following in fourteenth and thirteenth places in SCEFL Premier, this looked an open ET & Pens invitation, however Tales of the Unexpected Pt 1298 and one of the most one sided contests of the season....

Similar story here 6th v 5th in a local derby that produced two draws last season. I was very much expecting a close game. However ...

Sprowston Athletic Ladies - 1 Sprowston Ladies - 6
Norfolk Women's & Girls League Division One
Blue Boar Lane
Attendance - 30ish
No admission charged or programme issued

Sprowston 1-0 up after a minute and added goals after 18, 25, 30 & 44 minutes to make it 5-0 by half time, a much closer second half with Athletic scoring after 81 minutes only for Sprowston to regain their 5 goal lead 2 minutes later courtesy of the prolific Victoria Leyer, her fourth of the game and making it 12 in two games for her and 18 in 6 league games.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 21, 2019, 8:59 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #15 of 18 (1449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Scottish Cup Round Two
Stirling University v Linlithgow Rose, 0-2, H.T. 0-0, Att c.600, Admission £7, Programme £1, Catering available
At Forthbank Stadium

The Second Round of the Scottish Cup concluded with an entertaining match between Lowland League Stirling and East of Scotland League Linlithgow Rose. The students are based at Stirling Albion’s ground and this match attracted a crowd that the landlords would have been delighted with – probably the highest ever figure for a Stirling Uni home game.

The visitors brought a sizeable support. However they are made up mainly of elderly sweetie-paper rustlers and middle class families and fail to generate much atmosphere. On this occasion it was a noisy bunch of Stirling Uni fans with drums who provided the game with an audible backdrop.

Rose were on top for the first 20 minutes but then fell away and it was the Students who were in control as half time approached. In the second half the greater experience of the visitors began to tell and they were deserved winners. The first goal was a penalty, converted by the evergreen Tommy Coyne. The same player notched the second in stoppage time. He’s what could be described as an enigma – fat, immobile, seemingly lazy yet always likely to pop up with vital goals. The non league Kris Boyd, as someone remarked.

Linlithgow’s average age must be in the high 20s or even low 30s. They brought in a new manager ten days ago in the shape of Brown Ferguson, formerly of Stenhousemuir. I’ve no doubt he will help the club realise their potential, unlike the previous incumbent Mark Bradley.

Stirling have some very talented youngsters and looked good despite having lost three of their best players to SPFL clubs at the start of the season.

The draw for the next round pairs Linlithgow with Falkirk. That’s a proper local derby and tickets for that will be the hottest ticket in Linlithgow since Mary Queen of Scots came to town. I’m looking forward to it already.

dtr1989
Youth Team Regular

Oct 21, 2019, 9:51 AM

Team(s): Bury

Post #16 of 18 (1369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friendly

Bury XI 6-6 Bury Legends
Admission - £6
Venue - Stainton Park, Radcliffe
Attendance - 2100

A game created by the Bury fans for the Bury fans. 22 former players came together to create some smiles in the current doom and gloom. 68 year old Derek Spence came on for the last 10 minutes and still moves quicker than I ever have. Some great names playing, the man of the match was 51 year old goalkeeper Lee Bracey, even though he conceded 6, he made a dozen fantastic saves. Other players included David Buchanan, Ryan Lowe, Andy Bishop, Paul Butler, Paul Williams, Andy Gray, Danny Swailes, Martyn Forrest, Gareth Seddon, Simon Whaley, Steven Schumacher, Glynn Hurst, Tom Kennedy, Phil Picken, Paul Challinor, Richie Baker, Nick Daws, Craig Jones and Andy Morrell.

Lenny Johnrose was managing one of the teams, the man is admirable. Never stops smiling despite now being wheelchair bound by motor neurone disease. He got a great ovation from the crowd. Other players in attendance supporting the cause were Tony Rigby, Neil Danns, Cameron Belford and Nicky Adams. I'm sure there were plenty more around the ground supporting the cause. The money is going towards either buying shares in Bury FC if we aren't liquidated or towards the start up costs for a new club.

https://thepartialview.sport.blog/

rambler77
First Team Star

Oct 23, 2019, 4:58 PM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #17 of 18 (688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dtr1989] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

OADBY ATHLETIC 3-4 aet LONG EATON TNI
(FA Sunday Cup 1st Round)
@ Aylestone Park FC [3G pitch], Saffron Lane, Leicester

Admission: £5 but free for myself
Programme: 4 pager given away free
Att: mid 60's

This tie was reversed after two postponements up in Derbyshire, and during the week Oadby manager Carl Humby got in touch asking if I was free, and also if I still did the photography.

Oadby Athletic normally use Oadby Town FC for their Sunday Cup ties, but this season sorted out an agreement to play on the 3G pitch @ Aylestone Park. I had not seen a game on this pitch before, but unlike some hoppers I do not and would not class it as a new ground.

The game - well the first half was a shocker, and TNI led 1-0 at the interval. Oadby then hit two quick goals around the 55 minute walk to turn the tie on its head, only for TNI to draw level. A world class goal from James Ireland then made it 3-2 to Oadby. With the game deep in stoppage time TNI found a last gasp equaliser. The winning goal for the visitors came early on in the 1st period of extra time.

Full set of match photos including both sides squad pics and be viewed online @ https://rambler77.zenfolio.com/p439036384

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

codofthenorth
First Team Regular

Oct 27, 2019, 10:20 AM

Post #18 of 18 (443 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Sunday 20th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Evesham 1-0 Willand...Southern League Div 1 South...Adm £9...Att 238.

Left Fleetwood about 1045 on a run to the South coast and it wasnt till I got to Stafford that I noticed this fixture.Despite the roadworks on the M6 then M5, I arrived 15 minutes before kick off and got parked up. Id intended doing this ground for years so to get it en route to work was a bonus.

The game wasnt a classic and it was settled by a solitary Sullivan goal. A decent Club Shop on the right as you enter the ground and a decent enough set up. The Main Stand is set back a touch from the pitch with a second close covered area behind the nearside goal.

Best team won on the day, from there it was a case of jumping back on the M5 to continue South to the delights of Fareham.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3