Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Where did you go - Sep 1

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 1, 2008, 9:36 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #1 of 24 (6012 views)
Shortcut
Where did you go - Sep 1 Can't Post or Reply Privately

ACA Sports Lge Cup, Semi Final
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Kinnoull, 3-0, Att 155 (h/c), Admission 5, No Programme. No refreshments avalable due to short notice of game.

A comfortable win for the HOB Haws - as expected. They are a Super League side whilst Kinnoull ply their trade in the Premier League, one division down. On this showing HOB will not be battling relegation - they could be in with a wee chance of winning something. 2-0 ahead within the first 15 minutes, they were never going to lose after a start like that. They now meet Glenrothes in the Final of this Cup - venue and date to be decided.

Second half played under floodlights - Hill of Beath get to use them occasionally if the visitors agree. Lack of catering was disappointing - they use an outside caterer who was unavailable at short notice.

Anyone who has not visited Keir's Park really should give it a go - one of the best Junior grounds in the country. Covered enclosures on either side, hard standing all round, a tannoy that works and close proximity to the pitch. Catering is usually superb - stovies, black pudding rolls and lorne sausage rolls included. The village is on the south-western fringe of Cowdenbeath, close to Crossgates.

Kinnoull may be the strongest of the Perth Junior teams but they manage it with no real support. Shame really, because they are a well run and well organised club.

sanktpaulee
Deleted

Sep 1, 2008, 10:03 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 24 (5996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Weston-super-Mare 1 Eastleigh 1
Admission 10
Programme 2
Crowd 254
Neither side were good enough to take the points, and both goals were pretty scrappy. The Spitfires' equaliser came on 87 to give them a point they deserved.

Twitter: @LeeWest1865
http://groundhopping.forumup.co.uk

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 1, 2008, 10:22 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #3 of 24 (5978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sanktpaulee] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Staffs County Senir League, Division Two
Talbot Athletic 4 AFC Waterhayes 2 (att 13 incl four groundhoppers)
Talbot are last season's Unity United, but have moved to the Bradeley Sports Centre in Chell Heath Road. It's a Football Foundation-funded ground, with two pitches and new-looking modern changing room building. They played on the pitch nearest the changing rooms, and the pitch was roped off.
Talbot raced into a 4-1 lead within about 20 minutes, but then not a lot happened before the visitors got a goal back about 15 minutes from the end. That spurred Waterhayes on, but despite some pressure they couldn't reduce the arrears any further.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

DanBlazey
Reserve Team Star

Sep 1, 2008, 10:31 PM

Team(s): St Blazey, Bradford (Park Avenue)

Post #4 of 24 (5966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sanktpaulee] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Unibond Premier: Bradford PA 2-0 FC United

Admission 4 (student)
Programme 1.50
Attendance 1,077 (approx 500 from FC United)

This was a great performance from Bradford, after a couple of dodgy results. It was United's star of last season, Rory Patterson, who scored both goals (the first was an absolute rocket!)

I thought the lack of police presence was poor tonight. There was some crowd trouble in the second half which led to an announcement threatening to abandon the game if the trouble continued. The fixture between these two clubs last season had a much greater police presence.

Could prove to be a really important win tonight.

Up the Avenue.

Total grounds visited: 285
(New this season: 22)
Last new ground: AFC Bodmin (Dragon Leisure Centre), 15/03/2014
Games this season: 24
Duchy 2: AFC Bodmin 1-2 Holywell/Cubert Athletic, 15/03/2014

Veteran

Sep 1, 2008, 10:34 PM

Post #5 of 24 (5961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Teesside League BEADS 3 North Ormesby 4 Crowd about 35. No admission programme or refreshments although the ground was adjacent to a very plush looking social club (Beechwood Easterside And District Social Club).

Roped off pitch by the side of Marton Road (main A172) south of Middlesbrough. A little navigational warning however - address is shown as Marton Road but the entrance is in Broadwell Road and this has to be approached via Broughton Avenue which is about 300 yards south of the ground.

Exciting game and a real shock result here as BEADS, previously 100% after 4 games, crashed to defeat against North Ormesby who had previously won 1 out of 5. Fairly even first half in which BEADS took the lead but then conceded twice. After half time BEADS had most of the play but a breakaway goal gave the visitors a 3-1 lead. BEADS pegged that back with about 15 to go and looked favourites to at least earn a draw. However another excellently taken goal on the break left them too much to do and their third goal a minute from time just made the scoreline more respectable.

(This post was edited by Veteran on Sep 1, 2008, 10:58 PM)

KnowYourMarket

Sep 1, 2008, 10:42 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #6 of 24 (5951 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DanBlazey] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Chesterton 3-3 Barton United

Staffordshire County Senior League Division 1, no admission or programme (although I did get a free Rocester one courtesy of RomanSmile)

A roped off pitch at the rear of Red Street Community Centre (Red Street is the district of Newcastle and not the road name). Quite a rural location this one which was quite surprising.

An entertaining game that was reduced to 40 minutes each way because of Barton's late arrival. IMO Chesterton were the slightly better side and probably deserved to hang on but Barton grabbed an equaliser in the dwindling light.

Nice to see Roman and Tim again.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

GrundyHiller
First Team Sub

Sep 1, 2008, 10:49 PM

Team(s): Horwich RMI, Bolton Wanderers

Post #7 of 24 (5946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

North Lancashire & District League Premier Division: Swarthmoor Social FC 0-3 Cartmel & District; Att: 60 (h/c); 8pp programme by donation

Swarthmoor is on the A590 between Ulverston and Dalton-in-Furness and the social club is on Park Lane, found by turning left down by the side of the Miners Arms. A superb location with wonderful scenic views of distant Lakeland fells and a clubhouse. The pitch passed a 3-30pm inspection after heavy rain and played well. The ground has two substantial dugouts either side of the halfway line but is not enclosed or roped-off. Officials were friendly and a good crowd saw a well fought game played in a good spirit. The visitors looked sharper from the off, were 2-up inside 15mins and settled it with a third after 55 minutes. After a 6-19pm kick-off the game finished just before 8pm with the light fading fast. Highly recommended for a visit.

AndrewG
First Team Star

Sep 1, 2008, 10:58 PM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 24 (5931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GrundyHiller] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Goldline Trophy Quarter-Final
Atherton Collieries 0 Atherton LR 1
Admission 2.00, Programme 32 pages, 1.00
Attendance - 150 (estimate)

Highly competitive and at times ill-tempered local derby, won by LR courtesy of an 86th minute penalty. Good programme, clubhouse and tea-bar both open, the meat and potato pies are particularly recommended.

The remaining quarter-final takes place at Charnock Richard this Thursday (6.15pm).

Windy
First Team Sub

Sep 1, 2008, 11:04 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 24 (5923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GrundyHiller] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Arsenal reserves 2 Chelsea reserves 3 Played at Barnet - Admission Free - Teamsheet Free - Crowd unknown but probably approaching 2,000

Who said 'you get nothing free these days ?' - this was a terrific nights entertainment for absolutely no cost at all.

Didier Drogba played for 58 minutes on the road to recovery, and he set up Chelsea's first goal. Both teams hit the woodwork (Arsenal once and Chelsea twice), and the last ten minutes after Arsenal got a goal back to make it 3-2 were played at the most frantic pace that I've ever seen at reserve level.

I know that reserve games can be hit and miss (more miss than hit, to be honest), but this one was a real hit, and little Windy, aged 6, came out saying it was the best game that he had ever seen (okay, he has only seen about ten games so far).

davy c
First Team Star

Sep 1, 2008, 11:17 PM

Post #10 of 24 (5911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Windy] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I went to Chesterton, game was abysmal, bad sunday league fair. I had enough @ 3-2, probably ten mins left when I "did one"

twitter @davyc1976

Roman
First Team Sub

Sep 1, 2008, 11:55 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Rocester, Brentford

Post #11 of 24 (5887 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davy c] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I went to Chesterton, game was abysmal, bad sunday league fair. I had enough @ 3-2, probably ten mins left when I "did one"

I agree it wasn't the greatest, but it was a step 8 game so I didn't expect too much from it.

A windy, miserable and dark evening probably made it seem worse than it really was.

zebedee
First Team Star

Sep 2, 2008, 1:46 AM

Team(s): Southport

Post #12 of 24 (5865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Roman] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hinckley United 1-1 Southport (Conference North)

Southport had their worst performance of the season on a miserable night in Leicestershire. Injuries and illness meant a curious 3-5-2 formation which the players seemed unused to, and Hinckley took advantage of Southport's reduced numbers at the back when they made a quick break from our corner. The second half saw some Southport improvement, although the introduction of veteran midfielder Doolan put things back a bit (someone who is just going to stand around in the centre circle shouting might be better employed as a coach perhaps, with someone who might occasionally go near the ball taking their place on the field). In stoppage time there was a handball in the Hinckley penalty area, although I'm not sure which team the player at fault was on. Thankfully the referee saw it as being a home player being at fault and Southport managed to nick a point. A much better performance will be needed at the weekend.

I was very impressed with the pre-match catering in the bar, newly introduced for this season. I had fishcakes with salsa to start, then a reasonabbly sized steak and chips followed by cheesecake, all for 5. It tasted excellent, as apparently did the alternatives that other fans had tried.

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Sep 2, 2008, 5:51 AM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #13 of 24 (5843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Midland Regional Alliance
Little Eaton 1 Allenton 3
No admission or programme
Att 21 (h/c)

The game was due to kick off at 6.15, but the home side did not come out until after that and it kicked off just before 6.30pm.

The ground is next to the cricket square, and across the road from the church - hence it is in Vicarage Lane. It was a roped off pitch, with trees on 2 sides (which did provide some shelter from the increasingly heavy rain)

There is also a pavilion, but that was sited for cricket, not the football, so would not have been much use.

Allenton are newly promoted to this league, and maintained their good record with this deserved win. It was 1-1 at half time, but 2 second half goals settled it. By the end, the pitch was getting pretty wet, particlarly in the goalmouth at the church end. The cricket square was under water too - but not as wet as Lydney's last Sunday

Now 198 completed games since my last 0-0, so fingers crossed that Southwell City tonight and Hilton Harriers tomorrow night do not let me down

sonofhod
Deleted

Sep 2, 2008, 8:02 AM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 24 (5820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Midland Regional Alliance
Little Eaton 1 Allenton 3
No admission or programme
Att 21 (h/c)

The game was due to kick off at 6.15, but the home side did not come out until after that and it kicked off just before 6.30pm.

The ground is next to the cricket square, and across the road from the church - hence it is in Vicarage Lane. It was a roped off pitch, with trees on 2 sides (which did provide some shelter from the increasingly heavy rain)

There is also a pavilion, but that was sited for cricket, not the football, so would not have been much use.

Allenton are newly promoted to this league, and maintained their good record with this deserved win. It was 1-1 at half time, but 2 second half goals settled it. By the end, the pitch was getting pretty wet, particlarly in the goalmouth at the church end. The cricket square was under water too - but not as wet as Lydney's last Sunday

Now 198 completed games since my last 0-0, so fingers crossed that Southwell City tonight and Hilton Harriers tomorrow night do not let me down

So glad your a man of principle Peter. Am I right in assuming you are not counting Lydney as a new ground, or do you have different rulings for your grounds visited ? Such as if game finished , whether you left early, arrived late , missed goal/s and so on.

KnowYourMarket

Sep 2, 2008, 8:08 AM

Post #15 of 24 (5816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davy c] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Did you? I didn't see you in the big crowd. Now, you can't expect more than 6 goals. It just shows some of the dross I've seen this season!Wink

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

davy c
First Team Star

Sep 2, 2008, 9:05 AM

Post #16 of 24 (5798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yep, was standing in the far corner with a blue/white umbrella in the second half to the end the visitors were kicking, think i fetched the ball about 5 times for those useless cloggers pretending to be footballers. They turned up before the game resembling a sunday team and indeed played like one (i refer mainly to the home side,) I actually thought Barton were ok in patches (they were struggling to raise a team with various people missing Im told) and they played much the better football, but they seemed to have a few guys making up the numbers thus making hard for some of the regular lads. Steve Burr was there (stalybridge boss) I think he has a relation of some sort playing for the visitors ?
Im not ready for any more step 8 yet !

twitter @davyc1976

sonofhod
Deleted

Sep 2, 2008, 9:49 AM

Team(s):

Post #17 of 24 (5781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davy c] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or

It must have been bad considering who we both support ? By the way I was at Talbot Athleic with SteveB, when I arrived at ground I panicked thinking I had already been, it is identical to the Milton 2005 ground on Millrise Road. Had a pint of Thwaites Bomber in the Talbot before game, about 20 in there , when I mentioned to one about the football he was amazed and asked the remaining 19 about Talbot Athletic. Not one knew they had a team !! The barmaid said there are soime sarnies laid on at 20-30 for a football team ! Also on arrival at ground asked a player who was preparing ground if this was Talbot Athletics pitch to which he replied, oh thats what we are called this season ! Game good for 30 mins as reported by Steve.

KnowYourMarket

Sep 2, 2008, 10:14 AM

Post #18 of 24 (5767 views)
Shortcut

No good quality but still entertaining. You could always have had a 0-0! Just think there are some 'hoppers who just get to watch this sort of stuffCrazy I'm looking forward to some step 3 action tonightSmile

osborne
First Team Sub

Sep 2, 2008, 11:05 AM

Team(s): Arnold Town/ Loughborough Dynamo

Post #19 of 24 (5738 views)
Shortcut

Castle Donington Town 3 Long Eaton United Reserves 2. Midland Regional Alliance Premier.
Admission nil, programme-none, refreshments none
H/C 27
( hardy souls they were.)

The ground has a clubhouse in one corner, and a post and rail around the near side of the ground. CDTFC play at Moira Dale which is signed as you come in from the A50. The ground has a very rural feel to it, not that you could see much through the driving rain that lasted all match. Even though it's my nearest club, I still drove and thankfully I had my umbrella in the car. The game itself was quite good considering the conditions. Both teams tried to play football and kept the ball on the ground. Castle Donington raced in to a 3-0 lead, but two late Long Eaton goals lead to a grandstand finish.

Roman
First Team Sub

Sep 2, 2008, 11:17 AM

Team(s): Arsenal, Rocester, Brentford

Post #20 of 24 (5730 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Steve Burr was there (stalybridge boss) I think he has a relation of some sort playing for the visitors ?

His son was one of the full backs for Barton.

Tim

Sep 2, 2008, 11:22 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #21 of 24 (5723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Roman] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Chesterton 3 Barton United 3

Covered above. Nice to meet Roman and re-meet Modelhobbies. I thought this was quite good fun, and leaving early was never an option. I reckon a draw was about right. Loads better than Longton Harriers a week ago. The ground was quite good for the level - a nice setting, as many seem to be in this league. I'll be back for more at Audley on Wednesday.

Red Robbo
First Team Star

Sep 2, 2008, 12:50 PM

Team(s): Local football in Herts and Beds

Post #22 of 24 (5690 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Windy] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I went there as well last night so the grandson could tick off Barnet FC. It was as you say a very entertaining game five goals and the woodwork being struck three times as well. The gate could have been over 2000, no idea where to get an official attendance from. One of the best reserve games I've seen, usually end up with a lacklustre 0-0.

I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row.

Games seen in 2016/17: 54
Goals : 214
Goal less draws: 0

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Sep 2, 2008, 12:56 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #23 of 24 (5686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hyde United Reserves 0-0 Pontefract Collieries Reserves
Lancit Haulage Lancashire Football League - Eastern Division, No Prog, Admission Unknown

Good game of football on an absolutely spanking condition pitch - you felt bad just to see the studs on the grass. Anyway if you can't play football on that kind of pitch then you have problems! There were chances at both ends, Hyde hit the post once in each half and Ponte had a lob from the halfway line that was about 2 inches the wrong side of the post. Hyde's manager gave his players what for after the game, probably thinking a team whose first team is five leagues below his should be easily winning. Needless to say I'd have taken 0-0 before the game.

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

Windy
First Team Sub

Sep 4, 2008, 11:21 PM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 24 (5548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Red Robbo] Where did you go - Sep 1 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Attendance was 1,803 at Arsenal reserves on Monday according to the FA Premier Reserve weekly bulletin.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3