Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Where did you go on Monday 8th September?

DanBlazey
Reserve Team Star

Sep 8, 2008, 11:28 PM

Team(s): St Blazey, Bradford (Park Avenue)

Post #1 of 12 (4116 views)
Shortcut
Where did you go on Monday 8th September? Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Vase First Qualifying Round: Atherton Collieries 3-2 Chadderton

Headcount: 79

Admission 5
Programme 1

Pie, peas and gravy 2
Tea 60p

Atherton won the right to host Bootle in the next round following this entertaining, but at times bad-tempered fixture in Atherton.

The standard was not great, but didn't expect it to be, as Atherton have started their season in the NWCL Prem with zero points and a goal difference of minus 20 from their first six games! I saw Chadderton last season, and they look poor compared to what I saw.

The ground is a ramshackle old ground, but plenty of character.

This will be a welcome win for Atherton in what could be a long season for them.

Total grounds visited: 285
(New this season: 22)
Last new ground: AFC Bodmin (Dragon Leisure Centre), 15/03/2014
Games this season: 24
Duchy 2: AFC Bodmin 1-2 Holywell/Cubert Athletic, 15/03/2014

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 8, 2008, 11:54 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #2 of 12 (4099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DanBlazey] Where did you go on Monday 8th September? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

North Lancashire & District League, Premier Division
Morecambe Royals 2 TIC Dynamos 2 (att 20)
The sprawling Salt Ayre Sports Centre is home to three North Lancashire League teams, Torrisholme use pitch 1, Morecambe Hoops have pitch 2 and Morecambe Royals play on pitch 3. Hoops and Royals were both at home tonight, and I'd have happily watched either game.
Never having been here before, my problem, having found a parking space with less then 10 minutes to kick off, was finding the pitches. Luckily, as I looked around for a clue I saw a referee walking purposefully and so followed him. Turned out he was walking to pitch 3, and so it was Royals' match that I watched.
Good competitive game between two well matched sides, Royals perhaps unfortunate not to win it, especially as they pushed for a late winner after Dynamos were reduced to 10 men following a sending off.
The three football pitches at Salt Ayre are remote from eachother. Royals pitch is enclosed by trees on three sides and fence along the far side. There's grass banking along the sides so it's possible to get an elevated view.
Just two more visits now needed to Salt Ayre Crazy

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

AndrewG
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2008, 12:14 AM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 12 (4089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DanBlazey] Where did you go on Monday 8th September? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also at Colls. Good entertainment and Chadderton almost got level despite being down to ten men. Unfortunately, a fierce long range shot that narrowly missed the target did not miss one of the dressing room windows! Despite their on field difficulties there is a more positive feel about the place than for many years, and the catering has improved beyond recognition - the pie, peas and gravy was excellent value and most welcome after travelling straight from work.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 9, 2008, 12:14 AM

Post #4 of 12 (4089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Where did you go on Monday 8th September? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Steve, am I correct in reading that to mean that you will visit the same venue until you've watched all three clubs that play there? If so, that's exactly the same rule I use too. Smile

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

AndrewG
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2008, 12:20 AM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 12 (4084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Where did you go on Monday 8th September? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Salt Ayre is quite unusual - as Steve said all the pitches are quite remote from each other - especially pitch 3. None of the other pitches can be seen from each other. I would normally count a multi-pitch venue as one ground (doesn't matter which clubs play there to me), but I count Salt Ayre as three (well two at the moment as I still need pitch 2). Incidentally, finding pitches 1 and 2 from the sports centre building is a challenge in itself.

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 9, 2008, 12:28 AM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #6 of 12 (4080 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Where did you go on Monday 8th September? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Steve, am I correct in reading that to mean that you will visit the same venue until you've watched all three clubs that play there? If so, that's exactly the same rule I use too. Smile

As each club has a designated "home pitch" then by my rules it counts as three grounds, and I'll try to see a game on each one. But I wouldn't bother going back if the clubs just played on any pitch at the whim of the groundsman.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 9, 2008, 8:06 AM

Post #7 of 12 (4049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Where did you go on Monday 8th September? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Western League Division 1

Odd Down 2-3 Bradford Town

Admission: 5 including programme
Tea 50p
Att: 82 (h/c)

Ground is very easy to find, being well signposted off the A37 Wellsway heading south out of Bath. For those like me coming from the South/South Easterly direction, rather than following the A36 into Bath City centre and getting clogged up in the traffic there, from the A36 at Woolverton take the B3110 signposted Norton St Phillip and follow this until you reach Bath. You'll see a Tesco petrol station on your left, turn here onto Frome Road and at the next mini-roundabout turn left onto Wellsway with Combe Hay Lane being the 4th on your left.

The ground itself has a small stand for 100 people on one side and cover behind one goal with the pitch surrounded by a breeze block wall.

Odd Down will still be wondering how they lost this one. 2-0 up, dominating and in control, they give away a needless free kick on the stroke of half time which was headed in to allow the visitors and unlikely foothold back in the game.

The opening of the 2nd half saw Odd Down once again dominate although chances were few and far between only for Bradford to break away on the hour mark and level it up.

Odd Down then again started to dominate only for Bradford to break away and score.

Try as they might Odd Down just couldn't fathom an equaliser. I felt very sorry for them, they will no doubt play 100 times worse than this and win this season. When its not your night, its just not your night.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2008, 10:31 AM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #8 of 12 (3990 views)
Shortcut

same rules apply to me; using Springbank Park near Stone as my example; saw Stone Dominoes many years ago play on pitch 2 (used by Barlaston last season); went back last season to watch STONE OA play on pitch 1; 2 different grounds counted; yet to do games on pitches 3/4; last season Port Vale Youth used pitch 3; think Stretton Eagles may use the site this year; any definitive information on pitch use this season would be useful...

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2008, 10:41 AM

Team(s): Various

Post #9 of 12 (3984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] Where did you go on Monday 8th September? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

South West Peninsula - East

Crediton United 1 Axminster Town 3

Admission 3 inc good quality proggie

Attendance approx 120

Decent game with Axminster as usual having a good away following and deserving their win.

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

R.S.Cavendish
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2008, 12:13 PM

Post #10 of 12 (3944 views)
Shortcut

Just be a wee bit careful about criticising the Atherton Collieries ground as secretary Emil gets very tetchy if anyone dares to be a bit critical. He is still fuming following adverse comments in the NLP last season.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 9, 2008, 8:55 PM

Post #11 of 12 (3836 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
As each club has a designated "home pitch" then by my rules it counts as three grounds, and I'll try to see a game on each one. But I wouldn't bother going back if the clubs just played on any pitch at the whim of the groundsman.

Oh, I see. That's why I say I'm more of a clubhopper than a groundhopper. Even if two or more clubs are merely allocated a pitch I'll go back until I've seen all the clubs play. Each to their own though mate. Smile

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 10, 2008, 10:58 AM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #12 of 12 (3766 views)
Shortcut

Sittingbourne 2 Crowborough 2

Isthmian Lge Div 1 South
Att. 160
Admission 8
Progs 1.50 - yet another Step 4 club with no colour on their programme cover

Bottom of the table Crows looked like they were going to get their first league win of the season when leading 2-0 after 75 mins but late goals in the 80th & 86th mins earned the Brickies a point.

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3