Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Where di you go - 13th September

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

rambler77
First Team Star

Sep 13, 2008, 6:16 PM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #1 of 69 (6790 views)
Shortcut
Where di you go - 13th September Can't Post or Reply Privately

Surprised to start this one off so here goes...

Parkhouse 1-3 Westella & Willerby
Central Midlands League Premier Division

Admission: £2 inc programme
Badges: £3

Comments to follow...

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

(This post was edited by rambler77 on Sep 13, 2008, 7:26 PM)

Dr Love
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 13, 2008, 6:19 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #2 of 69 (6783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Where di you go - 13th August [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Oxhey Jets 1-5 Dulwich Hamlet
FA Cup

£5 in with decent programme

Pretty comfortable win for the visitors who were never seriously threatened.

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 13, 2008, 6:48 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #3 of 69 (6773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Where di you go - 13th August [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Somerset County League Division 1 St George Easton in Gordano 6 Langford Rovers 0

The form book suggested a comfortable away win - the home team hadn't got a point and had scored just one goal before today. They were 2 up in 8 minutes and added four more in the second half, for a very easy victory. Splendid entertainment. Nice ground - fully railed off, nothing else. Picturesque setting with the church next door. Admission: donation in the box. Prog: certainly not.

Richard Rundle

Sep 13, 2008, 6:59 PM

Post #4 of 69 (6762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Where di you go - 13th August [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Surprised to start this one off so here goes...

Parkhouse 1-3 Westella & Willerby
Central Midlands League Premier Division

Admission: £2 inc programme
Badges: £3

Comments to follow...

Don't you mean 13th September?

--
Richard

WarwickBrake
Youth Team Sub

Sep 13, 2008, 7:07 PM

Post #5 of 69 (6758 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Where di you go - 13th August [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Leamington 0 Evesham United 3
FA Cup.1st Qualifying Round

For the third consecutive season Leamington lost in the First Qualifying Round.
After a fairly even first half,Evesham took the lead through Steve Lutz after 52 mins.They increased on 67 minutes after some dreadful defending by The Brakes and Mark Owen completed the rout with four minutes to go to complete a deserved win for the Premier Division team.
There was an excellent crowd of 712 on a very warm afternoon.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 13, 2008, 8:01 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #6 of 69 (6710 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WarwickBrake] Where di you go - 13th August [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Guilsfield 2-0 Ruthin Town
Welsh Cup 1
Att: 35 (h/c)

After the drama of Guilsfield in this competition last season, where they knocked out 3 Welsh Prem sides on the way to the quarters, this was a low-key start to this season's campaign. Ruthin had won here 4-2 in the league last month, but on today's showing it was hard to see how. Two ordinary sides were separated by a couple of quality finishes at the start of the 2nd half. Guilsfield deserved the win, and their season is slowly improving after a shaky start.

Guilsfield have moved "over the hedge" this season, to a new pitch built parallel to their old one (which still exists but was in use for cricket today). Very neat & tidy it is too, being fully railed off with hard standing all round. There is a neat covered stand with 90 red tip-up seats. The rake of the seats is a bit shallow, and the dugouts are right in front - why can't clubs put them on the opposite side? The changing rooms & tea bar are a bit of a hike across a grassed area and the car park. The pitch was well grassed, but looked very soft, and was starting to cut up in places. Maybe not a good one for the depths of winter. Admission was £3 with an ok programme for a quid - 16 pages inside a 36 page glossy shell of adverts.

RRYFS
First Team Sub

Sep 13, 2008, 8:34 PM

Team(s): Leicester City, AFC Bournemouth, Hamworthy United

Post #7 of 69 (6673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WarwickBrake] Where di you go - 13th August [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hamworthy United 2 Taunton Town 1
FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round
In: £5 Prog £1 Tea 60p
Attendance 110

What a great afternoon. I was really proud of Hammers today, and on this evidence they could happily hold their own at Step 4. The only disappointment was to get home, look up the date of the next round and find I will be chairing workshops at a professional conference near Heathrow instead of watching Hammers.

Watching football on a warm sunny day in pleasant surroundings has a lot to commend it. Today Hammers performance made it even more pleasurable. Missing three regulars we matched Taunton in all respects and thoroughly deserved victory (and the £3000). The first half was fairly even with both sides having periods of possession until Hammers scored in the 40th minute. A long pinpoint pass found Tim Constable in space on the wing, and his cross was met by Lee Thomas unmarked in front of goal to head in. Taunton equalised within a minute when a corner wasn't cleared, so 1 - 1 at the break. Hammers are much more convincing in midfield this season, so it was ironic that our second was again a bit route one. Five minutes into the second period Lee Thomas (only playing because of suspensions) met a long ball with his head, tipped it over the Taunton number 5, rounded him and beat the goalie into the corner of the net for his 2nd. Taunton had the ball in the net about 5 minutes later, but it was ruled out for offside, and Hammers comfortably outplayed them for the remainder of the 90 minutes. I watched the 2nd half from the dugout side, and was amazed at the total silence from the Taunton bench. Most of their team were kept on the pitch after the match, but a bit more urging earlier might have been more appropriate. Also interesting was the lino who gave a running commentary on his decisions - excellent!

CollierRow96
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 13, 2008, 8:49 PM

Team(s): England & Redbridge FC

Post #8 of 69 (6648 views)
Shortcut
Re: Where di you go - 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stoneylands - eastern counties one

Long Melford 1 March Town United 4

In £4 programme £1 (covering monday's game with Brantham too) Att 80

Initially a very even game, until March pulled away either side of half time. Very hot sunny day and a pleasant country ground. Only 20 minutes drive up from the Chappel beer festival too - great day.

Last new Ground :
20/11/2010, Old Barkabbeyians FC, Barking Abbey School (1085).

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Sep 13, 2008, 8:51 PM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #9 of 69 (6647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

VENTURE COMMUNITY 1 LEX X1 2
Welsh Cup 1
Attendance; 30 (1st half) 63 (2nd half)
Programme; 10 pages for 50p (a very decent effort)

Despite Quinton Irish Taxis being a tad late; we still made it to Wrexham with time to spare. Venture play on the outside pitch at Queensway Sports Centre. We did wander into the main stadium where GAP Queens Park played last season and were pleasantly surprised by the two covered stands and a small area of seats on the far side even though they were some distance from the pitch. Venture`s pitch is railed off on all sides, but no cover anywhere on a large expanse of green land. The home side took a deserved lead in the first half and held on till the last 20 minutes when a home defender was deservedly sent off for conceding a foul in the penalty area. Lex scored from the resultant penalty and went on to score again against 10 men to win a feisty encounter, which was not helped by an over-zealous referee who was determined to book anyone who showed attitude during the game. It was good to meet up with Dave/Sandra again and discuss football/ beer and other burning issues of the day. The disparity in the attendance came when the Premiership game at Anfield finished and many people came out of the pubs and turned up to watch the second half; a pity most of the red shirts in evidence were supporting those 2 teams and not at the Racecourse to watch Wrexham. Also of interest was the arrival 15 minutes from time of a burger van, who probably had been selling by the Racecourse and came to do some business at Queensway; in fact the chauffeur took advantage of his wares!!

(This post was edited by grumpydwarf on Sep 13, 2008, 8:56 PM)

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Sep 13, 2008, 9:13 PM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #10 of 69 (6609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SFA South Region Challenge Cup 1st Round
Gretna 2008 6 Tynecastle 3
Admission £2
Programme £2
Att 128 (Dr John's h/c)

I thought I had better do their temporary ground in Annan before it is too late - and I got the feeling there might not be too many games before they get back to their home village.

They currently plan in Annan,at an Athletics track, with raised banking down either side.There is no cover at all, but although it was cloudy today, there was no rain during the match. The pitch was fairly heavy, and I doubt that it would have survived had it rained much before the game

Gretna are a very young side, but played some lovely football, and were 4 up at half-time and 5 up just after. Tynecastle had David Bingham (ex Livi and Gretna) as manager, and centre forward, and he scored 2 of their goals,including the best of the game when he controlled a cross on his chest and volleyed in on the turn from about 20 yards

I really do hope they manage to get back to Gretna soon - they have some very enthusiastic people associated with the club who deserve no less.

Also nice to meet one of our Scottish hoppers, John from Edinburgh

DAZZA
Junior Team Regular

Sep 13, 2008, 9:16 PM

Team(s): Notts County

Post #11 of 69 (6602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

League 2 : Fraser Eagle Stadium
Accrington Stanley 1 Notts County 1
Admission £13 (away terrace) : Prog £3.00 (48 pages) Att 1404.

Since Accrington have been promoted back into the football league, Notts have won all four encounters (can we play you every week !!). So the travelling Notts faithful were hoping that we could pick up our first league win today having drawn the previous 4 games and lost the opening day fixture at Bradford. In an even contest Notts took the lead in the 90" minute through Sean Canham, who was signed from Team Bath where he scored 41 goals last season. Canham latched onto a dreadful back pass and, as cool and calm as you like, slotted it past the keeper. Surely now we could hold on through injury time but alas no - Accrington equalised in the 92nd minute ! It felt more like a defeat than an away draw especially as Michael Johnson had a header that thundered against the bar and Myles Weston saw his shot hit the inside of the post and come out.

On another note - £3 for the programme was the dearest I have paid in League 2 this season. The programme seller even admitting it was a rip off before I passed any comment ! The programme was a 48 page effort with 16 pages of adverts. Certainly the dearest and poorest programme I have bought in League 2 this season.

Hornet
Deleted

Sep 13, 2008, 9:17 PM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 69 (6600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or

POOLE TOWN 3 MERTHYR TYDFIL 0
ENTRY £6-00 £1-00 PROGRAMME £1-00 (GREAT VALUE)

A ground i wanted to do for some time but never got round to it, but this match looked a good one. It took Poole only 3 minutes to get there first goal, and a second followed on 10 minutes later, it looked just how many Poole would score, they hit the bar had one goal nocked off for off side H/T 2-0. At the start of the second half Merthyr made some changes, and it looked to have worked as they started to look better till one of the new players stopped the ball on the goal line with this hand, red card penalty 3-0 after this Merthyr game went to the wall had five players booked and one more sent off, in the end they were a disgrace glad they lost.

PhilT
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 13, 2008, 9:28 PM

Team(s): Peterborough United

Post #13 of 69 (6585 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cambridge C 2 - 0 Lowestoft T
FAC 1st Qual Rd
Admission £10, prog £2, car park free

A closely fought cup tie, and Town may feel a little unlucky not to have achieved a draw. In a first half of City domination, Town defended well, and had a goal on the break disallowed for offside. Town then had a good patch as half time approached, during which they won a penalty for hand ball. The kick was saved. City went ahead just before half time. A shot from the edge of the area was deflected in by a defender. I was behind the flight of the original shot, and I'd say it was going just wide before the defender running back deflected it in.

The second half was much more even, and end to end. Town threatened to equalise on more than one occasion, but eventually City got the second that won the game. A good following from Lowestoft, and an entertaining afternoon.

UKPunk

Sep 13, 2008, 9:37 PM

Post #14 of 69 (6570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PhilT] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sat 13th September

Essex & Suffolk Border League Division 1
Clacton United (0)1 Sudbury Athletic (1)1
Admission: None Programme: None Att: 5-15 excluding people connected with either club.

Today I made the first of two visits to Vista Road which is where you’ll find Clacton Leisure Centre. Along with cricket and rugby, the outdoor facilities include four football pitches. Three were in use today. One was being used by Weeley Athletic (the club that will precipitate a return visit) and was clearly roped off. One was being used by Clacton United reserves and the other was being used by their first team. Neither of the final two pitches were roped off.

The sun shone throughout today’s match which was high on endeavour if lacking in quality somewhat. Clacton United are playing at this level (step 8) for the first time having transferred from the Colchester & East Essex League, and although they tried to play some good football they were undone more often than not by the impatience shown by what is plainly a very young team.

So it was no surprise when Sudbury opened the scoring after 18 minutes when a Sudbury player ran onto a through ball that split the Clacton back four and slotted past the home ‘keeper. The remainder of the half was a story of too many long balls and niggly fouls. Interestingly, just before half time the referee was heard to call the Clacton number three, who I must say had an excellent game, ‘carrot top’ due to his shock of ginger hair. The Clacton bench shouted, “we’ll have no more racist comments, thank you referee.” Crazy

Although Sudbury had a second goal ruled out for offside after 58 minutes, the second half was much more even with Clacton beginning to threaten the Sudbury goal more and more as the game wore on. But they had to wait until nine minutes from the end of the game for their equaliser. From a corner, the ball was headed goalwards. The ball hit a sudbury player and the rebound was volleyed home at chest height.

The remainder of the game was spent largely in Sudbury’s half as the home side went looking for a winner. But there was no addition to the scoreline which on balance was probably a fair result.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 13, 2008, 9:41 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #15 of 69 (6565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornet] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Isle of Man Premier League
Gymnasium 0 Peel 4 (att 67 h/c)
My first trip to the Isle of Man, albeit a very short one, and I was impressed with the standard of football, at least during the first half.
Gymns have had a poor start to the season, and the weekend football preview in the Manx Indepedent newspaper correctly predicted another comprehensive defeat. Peel played some great football in a very entertaining first half, scoring three times, although the home side were unlucky not to score themselves.
Second half was totally dominated by Peel, but a frustrating combination of poor finishing and good goalkeeping restricted them to just one further goal.
Tromode Park, on the outskirts of Douglas, is a basic ground. The players change in an adjacent cricket club and have to cross the cricket ground to reach the football pitch. The pitch itself wasn't roped or railed, but a small pavilion at one end served refreshments (50p for a mug of coffee).
No programme, not that I expected one, and admission was by donation. Most of the crowd were Peel supporters.
One odd thing was the total lack of linesmen, not even club linesmen. Don't know if that's typical in Manx football.
Good trip though, I may well go again before the end of the season ... by my reckoning I've still got about 25 more Manx grounds to go Cool

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

(This post was edited by Steveb on Sep 13, 2008, 9:46 PM)

AndrewG
First Team Star

Sep 13, 2008, 9:56 PM

Team(s):

Post #16 of 69 (6537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lancashire FA Amateur Cup First Round
Chew Moor Brook 7 Clifton 6 aet
No admission charge or programme
Attendance - 20 (estimate)

I had always planned to do a Lancashire Amateur Cup tie today, but couldn’t really decide which one. I eventually settled on Chipping v Horwich RMI, but a Saturday am phone call confirmed that as being off. With time not exactly at a premium, I was glad to get confirmation this game was on, so it was a short train ride to Lostock.

CMB started life as the works team of Metal Box, playing on a ground next to the factory on the other side of the M61 (that I sadly never visited). With the loss of that ground when the factory closed, they acquired a new site on the opposite side of the village, and have emerged as a club with a thriving youth section and a name that retains the CMB initials.

I’m sure SteveB reported on a visit here towards the end of last season, but I couldn’t find the thread when I looked earlier, so I’ll briefly describe the facilities. Changing rooms etc are housed in a series of portacabins next to the car park, and there is a kitchen complete with price list here, although it was not in use today (I suspect it is more likely to be used when there are several junior games taking place). Two pitches stand side by side, with the far one used, which was partially roped off on the near side. The surface was quite soft, and I suspect it is a ground that will get plenty of call offs.

CMB gained promotion as runners-up in Division 2 of the Lancashire Amateur League last season, Clifton were Blackburn Combination champions, so it always looked an interesting tie. If I tried to describe the game I could be here all night, the turning point game in the 84th minute with the hosts 3-4 down, and a very dubious penalty decision went against the visitors. After conceding the goal, the visiting keeper furiously lashed out at the ball, which unfortunately for him hit the referee in the back, and he took the view it had been done deliberately and issued a red card.

It was always going to be an uphill struggle for Clifton after that, and CMB, who included three players who played at the Reebok Stadium for near neighbours Tempest in the Bolton Hospital Cup final less than eighteen months ago, went on to take charge, Clifton’s final goal coming with literally the last kick of the game. Superb entertainment on what turned out to be a gloriously sunny afternoon.

PJ
First Team Star

Sep 13, 2008, 10:00 PM

Team(s): Cogenhoe United/QPR/Npton Tn

Post #17 of 69 (6528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yorkshire Christian League-Premier
LOGOS-FC 2 MORLEY BSC 6
No amd or prog att 6 at the highest
A 10-30 kick-off at Thornes Park gave me my first insight into the Yorshire Christian League and I was pleasantly surprised by the standard on offer. Two goals in the last few minutes of the first half and one shortly after the restart gave Morley a three goal cushion, but the home side pulled back two quick goals, only for Morley to hit three more in the next ten minutes.

FA CUP IQ
WAKEFIELD 4 CROOK TOWN 3
Adm £7-50 (INC FREE PROGRAMME) att 125
Cracking cup tie with Crook giving the NPL side a real scare as they went into the break 2-1 up and playing the better of the football on display. All this after Barrick had given the West Yorkshire boys a first minute lead. A hotly disputed (yet totally right) penalty was converted by Howarth four minutes after the break and Barrick restored the Wakefield lead with a close range effort. Graham Marchant broke away to give the home side a late two goal cushion, but Tait netted his second to make it a very nervous injury time for Wakefield, but Crook couldn't find the vital fouth goal.

Rob North
First Team Star

Sep 13, 2008, 10:03 PM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #18 of 69 (6525 views)
Shortcut

West Super League - Division One

Moor Park

Lanark United 5 Kilwinning Rangers 4 (HT 2-3)

Attendance - 135
Admission - £5
Programme - None

Followed up last week's 4-3 at Neislton with an even better goal feast at Lanark.

A cracking match which saw Kilwinning take a 3-0 lead by the 32nd minute. The Lanark defence were asleep early on and Kilwinning seemed well set, leading after a minute and a half, and then notching a futher two. However, Lanark pulled back two before half-time.

Lanark came out flying in the second half and took only four minutes to go into a 4-3 lead. Kilwinning repsonded with a cracking effort which smacked the bar, only for the homesters to go stright up the other end to make it 5-3. At this point it looked as if Lanark might run away with the match, but the Ayrshire side clung on gave themselves hope with a fourth. Chances for both after that but 5-4 it remained.

Nice little ground on Hyndford Road, the road out of the town travelling south east. The ground takes a bit of spotting, rather hidden away in a short cul-de-sac. There's steps of terracing all round the ground, and substantial areas of cover on the entrance side. Parking is on the banking within the ground. Lanark station is within comfortable walking distance.

No programme here. I think they have issued in the past, but nothing on this occasion.

For those following the 'Abandoned Stadium' thread on the General Forum, I travelled a little farther down Hyndford Road to the site of the former Lanark racecourse, closed in 1977. It's now used for football and rugby. The stands have gone, but there's still evidence of it's former use, particularly the old Tote building still with it's odds board which still stands.

Steve_HFC
Reserve Team Star

Sep 13, 2008, 10:04 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth

Post #19 of 69 (6524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Royston Town 2-4 Hendon
FA Cup First Qualifying Round

Admission £6 (£3 concessions) Programme £1

My first time to Garden Walk - nice tidy ground, pitch looked in good condition. Friendly people (apart from the half-dozen prepubescent kids who decided to try and taunt our supporters - somewhat unsuccessfully).

We (Hendon) controlled the first half and led 3-0 at the break although that was a touch harsh on Royston. Went 4-0 up early in the second half and then stopped playing. Royston's first was a bizarre own goal, but their second was simply awesome. We had a man sent off late on for a horrible tackle. Probably our worst performance of the season!

But we're in the hat for the next round.

DaveB
Junior Team Star

Sep 13, 2008, 10:19 PM

Team(s): Brackley Town, Wolves

Post #20 of 69 (6492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steve_HFC] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Cup

Leyton FC 2 Brackley Town 4

Admission £8, programme £1.50

A goalkeping error on 12 minutes gifted Brackley the lead, they then went on to dominate the first half, scoring two more. A fourth followed early in the second then sloppy defending allowed Leyton a goal, followed 6 minutes later by a dubious poenalty awarded for handball??

At 4 - 2 with 25 mins left it could have got nervy for visitors but they held firm and could have increased lead.

Very nice club at Leyton, good clubhouse and very friendly people, a great day out overall. Felt sorry for them as Leyton orient also at home so probably affected attenence which was 80 - (40 from Brackley)

davy c
First Team Star

Sep 13, 2008, 10:20 PM

Post #21 of 69 (6492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steve_HFC] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Golden rule in this hopping lark is to ring to check the games on prior to departure regardless of what you perceive the weather to have been doing in your intended dstination. So having collected Hipkissxpress and his cohort Kev from my local train station it was a swift 90 mile trip to Selby v Guiseley. I wont go any further on this as Im sure you have fathomed our predicament !

So plan B

Frickley 1 Skelmersdale 0 FAC
Admission £8 (i think !)Prog £1.50
att 240

Cracking ground that has been on the to do list for many a year, the game was a little dissapointing, with Skem playing much of the better football. Frickley went through after a (dubious) penalty was saved and the taker slotted home the rebound. Great old stand offering a belting view of the famous slag heap and the sun was cracking the flags (which was quite odd considering plan A was postponed !)

twitter @davyc1976

Windy
First Team Sub

Sep 13, 2008, 10:56 PM

Team(s):

Post #22 of 69 (6461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davy c] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Doubleheader for me and two 1-1 draws

10.30 - Watford Youth 1 Fulham Youth 1 at London Colney - Free Teamsheet

Not that many in attendance, although David Pleat was amongst those watching a relatively quiet goalless first half, followed by a more lively second half. Fulham took the lead through, what looked to me, to be an offside goal, but Watford came back and deservedly levelled not long after, and although Watford looked the more likely to win the game, Fulham pushed forwards in the final minutes to make it a little nervy for Watford. One moan was being questioned on arriving by the steward as to my name and if I was a scout !

Thought I would pop next door to catch the final half-hour of the Arsenal Youth v Coventry Youth to find the gates closed and a guy telling me that the gates are shut when the second half starts and no-one is allowed in after then. I couldn't persuade him to let me in !

3.0 - Ware 1 Barton Rovers 1 FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round - Programme £1.50

A cracking start to the tie saw Ware ahead in 4 minutes via a cracking 20 yarder from Louis Bristow, but they failed to add to their lead, and Barton dominated the second half. Ware had a goal disallowed on the hour for a foul on the keeper, but it was a rare raid by Ware, and Barton hit the post and had shots blocked, but just as it looked as though Ware would hold out for an undeserved win, Barton equalised in the 1st minute of injury time through Tommy Hayes. Good programme as most Mark Kettlety programmes are.

(This post was edited by Windy on Sep 13, 2008, 10:56 PM)

gcnc

Sep 14, 2008, 8:30 AM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #23 of 69 (6351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Windy] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Aaaaargh!

My first 0-0 in 56 games!

Welsh Cup Round 1
Pontyclun 0 Bridgend Town 0 aet (Bridgend won 3-1 on penalties)
Admission £3 (inc. 44 page programme) Att. (hc) 50

Glad to report that Ivor Park has fully recovered from the flooding of last weekend.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 14, 2008, 9:03 AM

Post #24 of 69 (6341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Christchurch 3-1 Fareham Town

A superb game, both sides playing some very entertaining football.

Defence had a crazy 15 minutes in the beginning of the 2nd half and went awol 3 times, whilst at the other end our forwards just had one of those days. , sitters missed, good keeping, lucky deflections away. Another day we'd have scored 5 or 6.

Not too despondent

I just wish our manager would calm down a bit. Asked to leave the dug out againMad

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 14, 2008, 9:30 AM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #25 of 69 (6329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Where did you go 13th September [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round

Truro City (1) 3 Yate Town (0) 1
Att: 556 (announced)
Admission: £6.00
Prog: £2.00 for 44 pages

An easy(ish) win for Truro who should have doubled their tally at least against higher division opposition. Played on an immaculate surface, there wasn't any real doubt as to the outcome of this match.

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

(This post was edited by paignton-nick on Sep 14, 2008, 9:31 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3