Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Where did you go wed 17th sep

Hornet
Deleted

Sep 17, 2008, 10:23 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 24 (5818 views)
Shortcut
Where did you go wed 17th sep Can't Post or

HEANOR 1 DUNKIRK 2
EAST MIDLANDS COUNTIES CUP PREM ROUND
ENTRY 4-00 PROGRAMME 1-00
TEA 50p

A nice night for football Dunkirk looked a fair team in the first half with 2 goals (1pen). Heanor goal was also a penalty at the start of the second half.

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 17, 2008, 10:42 PM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #2 of 24 (5792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornet] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thorncliffe 0 High Green Villa 1

Sheffield County Senior League Division Two

Dreadful. A goal in time added on saved me from suffering yet another nil-nil in this **** league. Unsure

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

DaveB
Junior Team Star

Sep 17, 2008, 10:46 PM

Team(s): Brackley Town, Wolves

Post #3 of 24 (5782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nico] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Brackley Town Youth 4 Kidderminster Harriers 4

Free entry

No Programme

Att 62 (headcount)

End to end game, Kiddy2 up, the 3-2 down, got back to 3 - 3 for home side to take lead then bizarre own goal left it 4 - 4 . Brackley had fre kick for offside, long punt decived Kiddy 'keeper and bounced over his head and in, disallowed as direct from kick with no touch.

Good young players on both sides, good game

portway pete
Youth Team Regular

Sep 17, 2008, 10:56 PM

Team(s): Andover,West Ham.

Post #4 of 24 (5776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornet] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stockbridge 0 Blackfield and Langley 2

Hampshire senior cup 1st round

4 in,no programme issued.

Att approx 35

Poor game,both goals were goalkeeping errors,it turns out that the Stockbridge 'keeper usually played in defence!he did make a few good stops in the second half though.At the start of the game the small stand was surrounded by security fencing,the kind you would see on a building site,this was unpadlocked as the game kicked of but the fencing remained in place so those who sat in the seats had to watch the game through the mesh.It seems that Stockbridge have had a group of local teenagers getting into the ground and vandalising the stand and the dug outs,the fence is the only way to keep the stand safe,shame really as it's only been in place for a few months.

www.andover-music-photography.blogspot.com

Jamesie
Deleted

Sep 17, 2008, 11:01 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 24 (5773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nico] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or

Haribo United 2 Ollerton Town 4: 3 in, 1 programme, headcount about 50 ish.. then 70 ish... then 50 ish..

First time to the Arrows, as I missed them from the UCL days, so was a bit unsure what to expect. Probably been visited by a fair few of you, but at the moment it looks like the ground has seen better days. It appears quite a hefty amount of tidying up has been done, but it is still rather overgrown in places, whether that was the case back in the days of yore maybe someone can enlighten me. Basically a railed pitch with hard standing all round, with a covered shed with a highly combustable looking seated area (for 80) plonked in the middle. This looks like it is the local necking shed, and judging by the grafiti in there the local lothario is a lad called Shaun. Apparently he is loved by Sam, Nicki, and someone who wishes to remain anonymous. The clubhouse looks very tidy, but seeing as I had neither the time or inclination to go and have a drink, I cannot elaborate.

Game was an odd one, and to be truthful I fear for Harrowby, not because they are crap - they just seem to be very unlucky. Ollerton had scored one goal in their first four games, drawing three of them, so it was always looking like I'd made the wrong choice if I wanted goals. Harrowby pounded the Ollerton goal, forcing the keeper to make a fantastic save, instantaneously the ball was up the other end and in the net - following a stupid backpass. Harrowby equalised not long after with a nice goal, hooked over the shoulder Gerd Muller type effort. Then with their confidence up Harrowby pounded the Ollerton goal, forcing the keeper to make another fantastic save, instantaneously the ball was up the other end and in the net. After half time Ollerton scored their best effort, a long ball that was finished nicely, then after Harrowby pounded the Ollerton goal, forcing the keeper to make yet another fantastic save, instantaneously the ball was up the other end and in the net - this time with the keeper bending to pick the ball and missing. The home team got a consolation, a lovely little lob by the substitute, to boost up the old goal average. The referee was a busy fella, probably the fittest man on the pitch, which was surprising as the last time I saw him he had chilli sauce dribbling down his chinin a kebab shop near Wembley Stadium! He booked seven, and could have had another five if he wasnae so lenient!!!!

Good game, cheered me up no end!

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

osborne
First Team Sub

Sep 17, 2008, 11:03 PM

Team(s): Arnold Town/ Loughborough Dynamo

Post #6 of 24 (5769 views)
Shortcut
Re: [portway pete] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Heanor Town 1 Dunkirk 2 ( East Midlands Counties League Cup.)
Admission 4 and 2
Programme 1
Tea 50p
h/c 68

The new changing rooms are nearly complete and will save the teams the long walk from the cricket pavillion. The new block is located where the turnstiles used to be. Dunkirk should have been 4 or 5 up before half time, but some poor finishing and good saves by the home keeper, kept the score to 2-0. Heanor got a penalty in the second half and Dunkirk survived a nervy last 5 minutes.

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Sep 18, 2008, 5:58 AM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #7 of 24 (5710 views)
Shortcut
Re: [osborne] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

6pm Everest 2 Sheffield Athletic 2
Sheffield & Hallamshire Div 2
Admission none
Programmes none
Attendance 20 (incl Veteran)

Sheffield started strongly, and were 2 up after 19, with 2 goals in a minute. Everest then had a mountain to climb, but got a penalty after 28 (not quite sure why), and the equaliser after 16 mins of the second half. Both sides had chances after that, but none taken. Views over Sheffield from this pleasant enough basic ground.

It was 40 mins each way, which was helpful in getting to Parramore Sports in time

7.45pm Parramore Sports 2 Kiveton Park 2
Central Midlands Premier Div
Admission 3
Programme 1
Attendance 64 (h/c, incl Veteran and several other familiar faces)

A friendly welcome from this club ( and a very pretty young lady selling sweets before the game and at half-time), but I was disappointed by the inevitable lack of atmosphere in the ground, and this seemingly transmitted itself to the players, who played with apparently little enthusiasm or passion

There were no highlights of the first half, but Parramore did score 2 in the second half (including a penalty), before Kiveton Park (or at least their number 9) came to life and scored 2 in the last 5 minutes to snatch an unexpected draw.

I certainly wish Parramore Sports well, but I do fear that the lack of atmosphere will deter people from attending regularly

wanderer
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 18, 2008, 8:17 AM

Post #8 of 24 (5693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
6pm Everest 2 Sheffield Athletic 2
Sheffield & Hallamshire Div 2
Admission none
Programmes none
Attendance 20 (incl Veteran)

Sheffield started strongly, and were 2 up after 19, with 2 goals in a minute. Everest then had a mountain to climb, but got a penalty after 28 (not quite sure why), and the equaliser after 16 mins of the second half. Both sides had chances after that, but none taken. Views over Sheffield from this pleasant enough basic ground.

It was 40 mins each way, which was helpful in getting to Parramore Sports in time

Admission 3
Programme 1

A friendly welcome from this club ( and a very pretty young lady selling sweets before the game and at half-time), but I was disappointed by the inevitable lack of atmosphere in the ground, and this seemingly transmitted itself to the players, who played with apparently little enthusiasm or passion

There were no highlights of the first half, but Parramore did score 2 in the second half (including a penalty), before Kiveton Park (or at least their number 9) came to life and scored 2 in the last 5 minutes to snatch an unexpected draw.

I certainly wish Parramore Sports well, but I do fear that the lack of atmosphere will deter people from attending regularly

Added to the fact that there was a lengthy hold up every time the ball went out of play, which it did with monotonous regularity. Consequently the game had no continuity and I doubt the ball was in play for more than 45 minutes in the whole 90.

BCB
Junior Team Star

Sep 18, 2008, 10:32 AM

Team(s): Everton

Post #9 of 24 (5649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wanderer] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ellesmere Rangers 1 Cradley Town 3,

FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round Replay,

Attendance 254,

Entrance Fee 3.00,

Programme 1.50.

kivo
First Team Regular

Sep 18, 2008, 11:10 AM

Team(s): Kiveton Park, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #10 of 24 (5631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BCB] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Central Midlands League Premier Division
Don Valley Stadium
Parramore Sports 2-2 Kiveton Park

Entrance Fee - 2
Programme - 1

Really bizarre experiencewatching a CMFL game in such a big stadium, not only was the ground itself big, but the pitch is massive too, at least 20 metres longer than the standard and very wide too. The Kiveton players struggled throughout and tired towards the end, which ironically was when they grabbed two late hgoals to take a share of the spoils, after Parramore had scored two VERY dodgy goals, one clearly offside and another a penalty that shouldn't have been. Mike Taylor got the Kiveton goals, a hint of offside for the first but two well taken strikes. Parramore look an athletic outfit, they'll have to be to play on that pitch.

Also, I did notice that DVS didn't meet upto CMFL standard, there's no fencing running round the pitch, or the stadium itself Tongue

Roman
First Team Sub

Sep 18, 2008, 12:31 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Rocester, Brentford

Post #11 of 24 (5591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BCB] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Ellesmere Rangers 1 Cradley Town 3,

FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round Replay,

Attendance 254,

Entrance Fee 3.00,

Programme 1.50.

That's a decent attendance considering Cradley have about one supporter.

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 18, 2008, 12:48 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #12 of 24 (5582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Roman] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

East of Scotland League Premier Division, at Riccarton
Heriot Watt University v Edinburgh University, 1-0, Att Varied from circa 50 to 80, Admission 3, Programme 1, No catering available

Went along to this with a senior club scout who was watching one fo the players. He wanted to leave at half time, but I managed to persaude him to stay a while longer. This was the replay of a match abandoned in August due to rain, and it was the only one of the three scheduled midweek games to survive this week's weather. The newly-promoted Watt have had a mixed start to the season but this was their best result to date - a deserved win (just) aganst their Edinburgh counterparts. I thought there was lots of good football on diaplay from the youngsters in both sides, and from the inimitable Neil Irvine, 46 year old Player Coach of Edinburgh. My moire qualified co-attendee thought the standard was dreadful. Only goal scored just before the interval. Good programme, as always, from the home team. Hard to judge the attendance at Riccarton as people come and go from the other adjacent pitch, and this time there were also groups of University Freshers coming an going on tours of the campus. Spongers, they should be working. Any time I go to this place it reminds me of that very peculiar Lowlands University - I expect to see nuns scavenging in dustbins, deranged academics and so on.

davy c
First Team Star

Sep 18, 2008, 3:27 PM

Post #13 of 24 (5530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ilford 0 Wingate/finchley 0 Ryman league
Att not sure about 80 odd
Admssion/prog 8

Rubbish, absolute rubbish. Hoppers galore at this one, although I recognised a few im not sure who any of them are.
I repeat the game was rubbish.

twitter @davyc1976

Jamesie
Deleted

Sep 18, 2008, 4:48 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 24 (5507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wanderer] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or

Peter wrote

In Reply To
Admission 3
Programme 1

Kivo wrote

In Reply To
Central Midlands League Premier Division
Don Valley Stadium
Parramore Sports 2-2 Kiveton Park

Entrance Fee - 2
Programme - 1

Fellas, how much WAS it at DVS last night.. Crazy

In Reply To
Added to the fact that there was a lengthy hold up every time the ball went out of play, which it did with monotonous regularity. Consequently the game had no continuity and I doubt the ball was in play for more than 45 minutes in the whole 90.

We had to suffer that for years Richard, Billy H was our lucky ball boy. Always used to look funny with him wobbling after the ball with his camera swinging round his neck Laugh

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Sep 18, 2008, 6:30 PM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #15 of 24 (5458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought it was 3 - perhaps Kivo is entitled to concession prices, or possibly I am getting old and remembered wrong, or perhaps by that time I had noticed the young lady selling the snacks and was just too keen to meet her

robhornby
First Team Star

Sep 18, 2008, 9:06 PM

Team(s): Non League Football

Post #16 of 24 (5409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

HOLSWORTHY 1 LAUCESTON 4

Admission 4
Programme 1 v.Good
Food - cheesy chips

A fairly matched first half until Holsworthy were reduced to 10 men due to a reckless tackle, then Lauceston upped the pace and controlled the match. Good to bump in to SWP Phil and also Mr Rundle who asked if I was Russell! grrrrrr!

A friendly lot at Holsworthy, though I see a long hard season ahead for them.

To visit my charity blog..please click on https://aroundthegrounds2019-20.blogspot.com/

Chris1963

Sep 18, 2008, 9:15 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #17 of 24 (5401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davy c] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Ilford 0 Wingate/finchley 0 Ryman league
Att not sure about 80 odd
Admssion/prog 8

Rubbish, absolute rubbish. Hoppers galore at this one, although I recognised a few im not sure who any of them are.
I repeat the game was rubbish.

But surely it cannot have been as dire as the 0-0 draw I saw W & F play at home to Potters Bar Town in a Sunday match last September!

It looks as though my nearest club to where I live are a side to be avoided at all costs. The previous year, there was only one goal in their Sunday game at Ilford, which was also attended by many hoppers.

fitbadaft
Youth Team Star

Sep 18, 2008, 9:54 PM

Team(s): Liverpool, Queen of the South, Whitehill Welfare & Scotland

Post #18 of 24 (5371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also Heriot Watt v Edinburgh in the battle of the Uni's. Two sides seemed to cancel each other out in a game that never really got going. Spoke to someone who I thought might be Prorege before the game but alas it wasn't!

Veteran

Sep 18, 2008, 9:57 PM

Post #19 of 24 (5370 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or

You ARE getting old but not yet quite old enough. I can confirm the prices were 3 for Adults and 1 for children and Wrinklies/Fossils/Saga Louts/Recycled Teenagers/Old F*rts or whatever you want to call them.

Apparently the DVS also fails to comply with Northern Premier League ground standards as there is no covered standing !

(This post was edited by Veteran on Sep 18, 2008, 9:57 PM)

pokal02
First Team Star

Sep 19, 2008, 11:33 AM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #20 of 24 (5285 views)
Shortcut

Tadley 2-1 Whitchurch (League Cup)
Att (h/c) 58 Adm + Prog 4

Not my favourite ground I'm afraid. No cover, seats or bar, tea bar closed, car parking inadequate and only 17 out of 32 floodlight bulbs working.

At least it was a lively game with the visitors taking the lead early on following a goalkeeping error, both sides hitting the woodwork before half time, Tadley equalised early in the second half with a thumping 25-yarder into the top corner and avoiding the dreaded extra time with a header from a corner (74 mins). Still time for Whitchurch to hit the woodwork twicw more and have a goalbound effort accrobatically cleared off the line in stoppage time.

sanktpaulee
Deleted

Sep 19, 2008, 1:14 PM

Team(s):

Post #21 of 24 (5264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or

Stowmarket Town 0 Hadleigh United 1
Eastern Counties Division 1
Entry 4.50
Programme 1
Crowd 96
A very even game won by a long range effort in the second half. Stowmarket played well and were unlucky to lose.
Loved the allotment behind the goal.

Twitter: @LeeWest1865
http://groundhopping.forumup.co.uk

PJ
First Team Star

Sep 19, 2008, 1:55 PM

Team(s): Cogenhoe United/QPR/Npton Tn

Post #22 of 24 (5245 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sanktpaulee] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rather than put several posts on, thought I'd summerise my week in one go:
Mon-NSYL East Rothwell Corintians Youth 5 Rothwell Town Youth 1
Adm 2 Prog free att 51
Entertaing game which was nowhere near as one sided as the result might suggest. It was 1-0 at the break thanks to an Andy White effort, but it was 4-0 after 58, as Chawa Chinkhumba, Matt Redding and a Ryan Cherry own goal wrapped up the points for Corinths. A cracking goal from Dale Keefe reduced the arrears, but it was surpassed by Whites' sublime lob in the last minute. Good to see Corinths putting out a programme for the youth team again after a year off.

Tue-FAC 1Q replay Rugby Town 5 Friar Lane & Epworth 3
Amd 8 Prog 2 Att 176
Easily the best game I have seen this season with some cracking goals to boot. Steve Purton found the far top corner after 3 mins, but Lewis Gibbons thunderbolt free-kick was too hot for the Rugby keeper to hold and FLE were level on 17. This only lasted a minute when David Kolodynski did almost a carbon copy of Purtons' effort to restore the Rugby lead. Three minutes from the break, Kolodynski just kept the ball in play, cut inside, beat several defenders and fired an unstoppable shot into the far corner, but in first half stoppage time, John Chapman pulled one back with a spectacular over head kick..3-2 at HT. On 55 mins Aaron Dignum pulled Lane level, but on the hour Matt Gearing was ruthlessly upended in the box and while his game was over, Darren Dykes fired the penalty home and nine minutes later, he grabbed his second to complete the scoring. Rugby also hit the woodwork a couple of times, while Lane continued to threaten at the other end. Great stuff.

Wed-Eastern League Div one-Godmanchester Rovers 1 Saffron Walden Town 0
Adm 3-50 Prog free att 85
By no means a classic and we were thankful for a penalty just before the hour which was put away in emphatic style by Paul Bass. Nice burger at half-time.

Thur-NSYL West Sileby Rangers 3 Cranfield United 1
Adm Free (1 raffle though) no prog att 41
Cranfield were probably the better side tonight, but failed to make their possession count where it really matters. Sileby took an early lead that was quickly cancelled out following a mistake by the centre-half and Sileby clinced the points as two of the subs got on the scoresheet late on.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 19, 2008, 7:22 PM

Post #23 of 24 (5195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sanktpaulee] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Stowmarket Town 0 Hadleigh United 1
Eastern Counties Division 1
Entry 4.50
Programme 1
Crowd 96
A very even game won by a long range effort in the second half. Stowmarket played well and were unlucky to lose.
Loved the allotment behind the goal.

A need to attend a hastily arranged meeting in London at 0830 on Thurs meant I was also at this game rather than the Sheffield double I had orginally intended to go to. Pity I didn't know you as St Pauli is a team I always look out for in Germany. I agree the allotment behing the goal was rather surreal.

The other thing I noticed was the unusually wide expanse of grass between the perimeter rails and the pitch on 3 sides of the ground, I wonder why?

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Sep 21, 2008, 11:39 AM

Team(s): Various

Post #24 of 24 (5114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Where did you go wed 17th sep [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Holsworthy v Launceston as well - Bumped into Rob Hornby and with Richard Rundle there as well it was a bit of a message board members day out !

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3