Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DanBlazey
Reserve Team Star

Oct 1, 2008, 9:58 PM

Team(s): St Blazey, Bradford (Park Avenue)

Post #1 of 27 (4843 views)
Shortcut
Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? Can't Post or Reply Privately

SWPL Premier: St Blazey 2-3 Launceston

Headcount 80ish (handful from Launceston)

Blazey scored two beautiful goals in the first half and were starting to look good value for the three points. However, there was never a lot between the teams and a silly tackle in the second half meant that our ten were not strong enough to compete with their eleven.

Launceston won it deep into stoppage time, and St Blazey will really look at this as a game they should have won.

Total grounds visited: 285
(New this season: 22)
Last new ground: AFC Bodmin (Dragon Leisure Centre), 15/03/2014
Games this season: 24
Duchy 2: AFC Bodmin 1-2 Holywell/Cubert Athletic, 15/03/2014

Frank/Gary
Deleted

Oct 1, 2008, 10:27 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 27 (4822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DanBlazey] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or

FA Cup 2QR: Benfield 2 Winterton Rangers 1 (AET)

Attendance; 200 or so 5 in, 1 programme, 60p coffee

Goodness knows how Benfield didn't have this won by half time. Stephen Young put Benfield ahead, their keeper kept them in it & Benfield missed a load of chances. A deflected equaliser was Winterton's only effort on goal.

In the second half it was the same, until Andrew Dugdale was sent off for a second bookable offence. After that winterton got on top, without threatening. In the second half of extra time with penalties looming, Kev Leighton headed the winner, afore a huge brawl saw another 2 Benfield players and two from Winterton sent off. Excellent entertainment!

Benfield now play Retford away in 3Q round

2008/2009

48 games

Last game: Newcastle United 2 Spurs 1 (Premiership) 21/12/2008

9 new grounds

Last new ground: Reyrolle Sports & Social Ground, Hebburn Reyrolle

Heaton Winstons' League Campaign: P13 W6 D3 L4 F38 A30 GD+8 Pts 21 Pos 4/16

Last game: Grindon Vets 0 Winstons 3

"The waiter's stacking the chairs"

sanktpaulee
Deleted

Oct 1, 2008, 11:08 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 27 (4790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Frank/Gary] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or

Heanor Town 1 Gedling Miners Welfare 2, East Midlands Counties League
Entry + programme 5
Crowd 54
A bitterly cold evening courtesy of a biting wind. The quality of football didn't exactly make it any more bearable either, but at least there was some decent hot soup on offer at the tea bar.
Heanor scored early on with a header but only had the lead for a few minutes. Gedling won it with a good counter attacking strike midway through the second half.

Twitter: @LeeWest1865
http://groundhopping.forumup.co.uk

Sm1d
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 1, 2008, 11:22 PM

Team(s): Heed & Toon

Post #4 of 27 (4785 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sanktpaulee] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

East Durham United 3v4 Teesside Athletic
Shotton Park
Wearside League
admission & programme - none
att. 39 (HC)

Entertaining game, it was 0-2 with 6 minutes to go before half time, by the interval it was 3-3.
Only the one goal in the second half and it was the league leaders who scored it, great stuff, better than sitting at home watching that Champions-League rubbish!Tongue

http://100groundsclub.blogspot.co.uk

#HeedHopper

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 2, 2008, 12:31 AM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #5 of 27 (4765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DanBlazey] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stoke City Reserves 2 Fulham Reserves 2

Barclays Premier Reserve League South

Got a lift to this match with one of the lino's so got admission, 4 page prog, team sheet, coffee, biscuits & sandwiches for nowt and watched the game from the comfort of executive box #14. Could get used to great hospitality like this! Cool

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Oct 2, 2008, 5:41 AM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #6 of 27 (4742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nico] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

First plan of South Park bit the dust, could not face the long trek to either of the Wearside grounds I need, so

Tredegar Town 2 Pontypridd Town 0
Admission and prog 3.50
Cup of tea before game - free
Headcount 33

A poor game on a cold night. Two home goals - both right wing crosses with near post headers in in the first half, but not much else happened

The pitch was in excellent condition.

Pitch fully railed, with small covered stand providing welcome shelter from the wind.

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 2, 2008, 8:10 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #7 of 27 (4726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yorkieexile] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

East Villa 6 St Helens Town 3 AET, Liverpool Senior Cup Rd 1, Att: 68, Admission 2 with Prog, Complimentary Tea & Biscuits for all.

Despite a foul night, especially in the first half, a top nights entertainment. Both teams coped with the conditions well. St Helens should have wrapped up the game and were leading 3-2 with the 90 minutes almost up but Villa equalised to take the game into extra time at 3-3 with a disputed goal which may have been handled over the line. East Villa domiinated the extra time period, assisted by a volley of abuse at a linesman by St Helens No 4 after EV's fourth goal which he claimed was offside. The resultant red card was thoroughly deserved and hopefully his ban will be extended for the continuing tirade of verbals as he left the field. After that there was only going to be one winner. East Villa's No 7, Graeme Rooney (one of THE Rooneys) was a class above anything else on the pitch. Surprised he is playing Liverpool County League football.

The ground is an open athletics track with a rail round it. Very exposed on a night like last night. However the club was very welcoming, a neat programme was provided with admission and the bonus was free cups of tea and plates of biscuits throughout the game. East Villa are now permanently based at the Litherland Sports Centre, Whether this provides a springboard for promition to the NWCL is open to question as there are no spectator facilities whatsoever.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 2, 2008, 8:42 AM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 27 (4714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Jersey Prem

Jersey Scottish 3, St. Ouen 2

St. Ouen 1 up after 7 mins but Scottish 3-1 up mid way in 2nd half before 90th minute consolation

davy c
First Team Star

Oct 2, 2008, 8:43 AM

Post #9 of 27 (4714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was at east Villa and would reccomend a visit (on a sunny, dry, non windy day !). Helpfull officials, decent team and like Andy says Grahm Rooney (apparently the great mans brother Im informed) was simply superb. He scored a great goal as well started by himself on the half way line and cooly finished with his left foot after a lovely interchange of passes. Not sure how "full strength" St Helens were, but they were second best throughout this contest.

twitter @davyc1976

royals26
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 2, 2008, 8:57 AM

Team(s): Reading

Post #10 of 27 (4708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davy c] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [OR NOT] [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fortunately - I spose - I was not allowed out - but just as well.
My only feasible games were at RPV and at a push Tadley. I went to the latter last season and as covered at length before, it's not the most inspiring of 'hops' (yet) hardly worth a re-visit for the sake of a game - though at least it was 3-2 so might have been entertaining?

Has I risked RPV vs Egham (where I've yet to go) I'd have been sorely miffed - Floodlight failure 70 mins 0-0 'Abandoned'! Shocked

Then again the fare on TV was hardly inspiring - at one point I got so bored, I almost got up to 'muck-out' the Guinea Pigs! Crazy

chrisb
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 2, 2008, 9:40 AM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 27 (4689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DanBlazey] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wednesday 1st October
Kidsgrove Athletic 3 Willenhall Town 3 (aet KA won 4-3 on pens)
Prog: 1-50
Att: 89

A familiar venue for me, now known as the Seddon Stadium.

Grove took the lead and lost it three times with Willenhall's third equaliser coming deep into injury time at the end of normal time.

The shoot-out was settled by the 14th penalty in favour of Kidsgrove who were 2-0 down at one point.

Owner/editor of The Football Traveller, a weekly magazine containing fixtures and much more - download a 2019/20 subscription form from our website...http://www.thefootballtraveller.com

(This post was edited by chrisb on Oct 2, 2008, 10:06 AM)

KnowYourMarket

Oct 2, 2008, 10:04 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #12 of 27 (4671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisb] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Gedling Town 5-3 Graham St Prims

East Midlands Counties League, admission 4, programme 1

Cracking entertainment spent in good company on a chilly evening.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

BCB
Junior Team Star

Oct 2, 2008, 10:08 AM

Team(s): Everton

Post #13 of 27 (4663 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Portishead Town 1 Keynsham Town 0,

Toolstation Western League Division 1,

Attendance - 78,

Entrance Fee - 4.00,

Programme - 1.00,

A poor game, with Portishead Town grabbing the win which may have taken them top of the league Crazy. The wind certainly whipped in from the Avonmouth estuary Mad.

royals26

Oct 2, 2008, 11:06 AM

Post #14 of 27 (4639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BCB] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A poor game, with Portishead Town grabbing the win which may have taken them top of the league .

nearly - but not quite - 'Chocolate Athletic' won 2-1 at Westbury the night before and are still a point clear.

They play each other in the table Top Clash this Sat. Cool

PS Longwell GS & Larkhall still have plenty of games in hand and aren't far behind - (long Vase runs I think) - not sure what Bridport's excuse is though, they've only played 5 to Portishead's 13 - helps to have lights of course - though I thought Bridport did - they certainly aren't among the 'soon to start' early winter KOs ?! Shocked

(This post was edited by royals26 on Oct 2, 2008, 11:15 AM)

Mlac
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 2, 2008, 11:10 AM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #15 of 27 (4636 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BCB] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Gedling Town 5-3 Graham Street Prims EMCL

What a terrific game this was!! Both teams a credit to the non-league game ...

http://ontheroad2008-2009.blogspot.com/...st-october-2008.html

dum spiro spero

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 2, 2008, 11:41 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #16 of 27 (4618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

PS Longwell GS & Larkhall still have plenty of games in hand and aren't far behind - (long Vase runs I think) - not sure what Bridport's excuse is though, they've only played 5 to Portishead's 13 - helps to have lights of course - though I thought Bridport did - they certainly aren't among the 'soon to start' early winter KOs ?! Shocked

They do.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

RRYFS
First Team Sub

Oct 2, 2008, 12:01 PM

Team(s): Leicester City, AFC Bournemouth, Hamworthy United

Post #17 of 27 (4608 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

They do.

Think they must have been working on their ground or something because they were drawn at home to Gillingham in the cup and played it at Gillingham, and their first home league game was 27th September! Now found it on http://www.communigate.co.uk/...esotted/page20.phtml Building work at the ground.

JSL
Junior Team Regular

Oct 2, 2008, 12:24 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Wimborne Town

Post #18 of 27 (4589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [OR NOT] [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Fortunately - I spose - I was not allowed out - but just as well.
My only feasible games were at RPV and at a push Tadley. I went to the latter last season and as covered at length before, it's not the most inspiring of 'hops' (yet) hardly worth a re-visit for the sake of a game - though at least it was 3-2 so might have been entertaining?

Not really, although Tadley went 2-0 up with both goals scored direct from corners, the first deceived the goalie and the second went high over his head and in off the far post. Att 30. Prog is still a 'temporary' A4 sheet folded in half job. Means I just need Newport IoW and Fleet Spurs to finish the Wessex League.

royals26

Oct 2, 2008, 12:49 PM

Post #19 of 27 (4566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JSL] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [OR NOT] [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Means I just need Newport IoW and Fleet Spurs to finish the Wessex League.

Well I wouldn't make an extra effort to get to Fleet Spurs just yet - especially if you are a 'hopper' who likes his 'paper'.
Went on BH Monday - no prog - editor on holiday - and those available in the Tea bar weren't exactly collectors Items - though adequate for this level.

Then again they are struggling at the bottom end of Wessex One - signs are they are quite well run though - good website etc - everything still shiny & new - don't think they have a licence (yet) so currently no 'bar'.

The way the Wessex League is structured, I doubt if they are under any threat of relegation unless money becomes a serious problem.

BedfontBee
Youth Team Star

Oct 2, 2008, 1:07 PM

Team(s): Bedfont Town

Post #20 of 27 (4556 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [OR NOT] [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Had Originally planned to go to Oxhey Jets v Met Police Bushey, however plans changed and ended up going ...

Raynes Park Vale 0 v Egham Town 0 (Match Abandoned)
Enterance 6
Programme 1
Tea 50p

Went to Raynes Park Last year so it was nothing new. What was a first for me though was the match being abandoned on 55ish minutes due to a floodlight failure at one end of the pitch. The score was still 0-0 with both teams having numerous chances but both looking like they couldnt hit a barndoor !!!!

http://halftimeorange.blogspot.com/

richiejenn
First Team Star

Oct 2, 2008, 1:24 PM

Team(s):

Post #21 of 27 (4542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RRYFS] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bridport are now playing the home games back at their own ground (St Marys Field) although they had their Dorset Cup game abandoned @H/T on Tuesday night due to floodlight failure. Dont think it had anything to do with the new changing rooms though.

APL
First Team Star

Oct 2, 2008, 1:31 PM

Post #22 of 27 (4537 views)
Shortcut

Dorset Senior Cup 1st Round
Shaftesbury 4 Poole Borough 1 att.65
4-00 admission, programme free(2 A4 sheets stapled together)

Having done the 'old' ground back in December 1997 ( Dorset Snr Cup 3rd Rnd, 2-8 v Wimborne Town) i had been waiting for a day when i had no new grounds to visit, before going back to tidy up the 'new' ground at Cockrams, having found alternatives on 1,859 occasions.
This was one of the best games i have seen all season, with both sides going all out for the win, with attack being the best form of defence.
Shaftesbury scored in the first few minutes of each half, with Poole pulling back to 2-1 almost immediately.
Poole were reduced to ten men in the 83rd minute, with Shaftesbury increasing their lead within seconds of the restart, then finally wrapped things up 4 minutes into stoppage time.

2019/20
England 1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1

2019/20
Belgium (Pyramid = 1,484 1st teams) 0-0-2-5-8-21-173-303-254

http://www.hoppingacrossthepond.com

zebedee
First Team Star

Oct 2, 2008, 1:56 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #23 of 27 (4519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [APL] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was also at East Villa. An enjoyable game, although I much preferred the weather for my previous visit to Litherland - it was a bright sunny July day with Southport playing Bootle.

sonofhod
Deleted

Oct 2, 2008, 5:00 PM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 27 (4460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or

Yes Mick you didnt fall for that one. Ajax 4 Rakvere 3 was correct. In answer to Modelhobbies, no Valentin Fuksov did not play yesterday or on Sunday at Paide. He is still at the club and is wearing the number 13 shirt this season.

osborne
First Team Sub

Oct 2, 2008, 5:31 PM

Team(s): Arnold Town/ Loughborough Dynamo

Post #25 of 27 (4448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sonofhod] Where did you go on Wednesday 1st October? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Blackwell 0 Bardon Hill 1 East Midlands Counties League Cup.
Admission 3
Programme 1
Tea 50p

In a strong wind and heavy rain this match was not a classic. Again Blackwell's downfall was their lack of attacking options. One Bardon goal saw them through. The game ended in controversy when the ref blew for the final whistle just a shot went into the Bardon Hill net. Good old ref saving us from extra time.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3