Tamzin
Deleted

Dec 14, 2008, 12:18 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 12 (5480 views)
Shortcut
New Kent League Proposal Can't Post or

Hello everybody

In today's "Kent-on-Sunday" newspaper there is an article about a meeting to be held next month by the Kent League to look at some proposals for a Step 6 Division.
After discussions with the Kent County League failed to reach any agreement, the Kent League chairwoman, Denise Richmond, has called together the two leagues plus the Rochester & District Football League.
She has stated that nothing can be in place for next season but is looking at a 2010/11 start for the Step 6 idea.

Mike Frenzy
Youth Team Sub

Dec 14, 2008, 12:58 PM

Post #2 of 12 (5462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tamzin] New Kent League Proposal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Don't get too excited - Kent on Sunday is a free rag with little in the way of quality sports reporting. Quite why the local League in Rochester should be involved makes no sense, they have no clubs who could be included.

Just another example of how the continuing squabble between the Kent League and the Kent FA/County League holds back the game here. Pathetic!

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 14, 2008, 6:37 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #3 of 12 (5390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mike Frenzy] New Kent League Proposal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I guess the idea with the Rochester and District league is to back fill the clubs taken by the Kent Premier.
But why not also the Canterbury and District or the South London Alliance or others.
But like you i have heard these sort of plans before and personally i have lost faith in anything happening.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 14, 2008, 7:58 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #4 of 12 (5364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mike Frenzy] New Kent League Proposal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just read the article myself.
Denise Richmond actually says that they will talk to leagues such as the Rochester and District not just them.
I would guess all the Leagues that feed into the Kent County league.

Russell
First Team Star

Dec 15, 2008, 11:37 AM

Post #5 of 12 (5264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] New Kent League Proposal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If the leagues cannot get anything agreed then I am sure the FA have the power to step in and get it sorted.

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 16, 2008, 1:49 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #6 of 12 (5129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Russell] New Kent League Proposal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

what do you base that belief on ?
Because I think they have no real power, they can just give them a gentle push

Russell
First Team Star

Dec 19, 2008, 4:18 PM

Post #7 of 12 (4936 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] New Kent League Proposal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well just look at what happened with the creation of the East Midlands Counties League. The FA have the power to force things through.

Richard Rundle

Dec 19, 2008, 6:11 PM

Post #8 of 12 (4915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Russell] New Kent League Proposal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Well just look at what happened with the creation of the East Midlands Counties League. The FA have the power to force things through.

What tree are you barking up now? What have the FA forced through there?

--
Richard

Russell
First Team Star

Dec 19, 2008, 7:08 PM

Post #9 of 12 (4901 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] New Kent League Proposal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Did you not follow the East Midlands situation Richard?

Richard Rundle

Dec 19, 2008, 7:58 PM

Post #10 of 12 (4888 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Did you not follow the East Midlands situation Richard?

Of course I did. I even spoke to some of the people involved during the set up. All seemed perfectly amicable to me, no need to "force" very much at all.

But of course, it's you so you're not answering the question. Read it again and give a proper answer.

--
Richard

ianh
First Team Star

Dec 20, 2008, 7:11 PM

Post #11 of 12 (4768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] New Kent League Proposal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Of course I did. I even spoke to some of the people involved during the set up. All seemed perfectly amicable to me, no need to "force" very much at all.

it didnt seem 'perfectly amicable' to some at the time, the FA definately moved things on when needed

Russell
First Team Star

Dec 20, 2008, 9:25 PM

Post #12 of 12 (4738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianh] New Kent League Proposal [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Correct - I agree with IanH on this one.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3