Final Whistle Has Been Blown

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Jun 16, 2009, 7:50 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #26 of 85 (23547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

R.I.P Tony Gone but not forgotten. Our thoughts are with your family at this very sad time.

Over the top
First Team Sub

Jun 16, 2009, 7:54 PM

Post #27 of 85 (23544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My condolences to Tony's family and friends.
RIP

kivo
First Team Sub

Jun 16, 2009, 8:10 PM

Team(s): Kiveton Park, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #28 of 85 (23537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Maybe this thread should be the only one in this section (merge other posts into this thread)?

In time perhaps collect all the messages and present them to Tony's family to show how much he mattered to a lot of people.

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 16, 2009, 8:29 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #29 of 85 (23527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kivo] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm at a loss as to what to say. I hope his family will be able to take comfort from being able to with him to the end. I don't know where exactly he's gone as I'm not the religious type, but if there is a 'heaven' I hope he's got the best seat in the house in the great 'football stadium in the sky'.

My thoughts were with him today, as I was at a funeral service for a fellow Dulwich Hamlet supporter, who also succumbed prematurely to cancer.

I only got back from Scotland last night, & only heard the news when I got a phone call from my mate Gareth, who posts on here. I'd been in Scotland for the weekend, & have been annoyed at the fact my computer has been down for almost two weeks. I got home tonight & it was working, for how long I don't know, it may cut out tomorrow, who knows?

But the passing of Tony has put it all into perspective. It's only a lump of metal & plastic after all. In the overall scheme of things it's not worth getting all wound up about.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Tony, I'm sure he was a wonderfully humble person. And although my life isn't perfect by a long chalk I'd love to use him as my talisman and inspiration. I enjoy posting on this forum, & get pleasure out of publishing photographs of grounds on my photoblog, which I am able to 'plug' on here thanks to Tony's efforts in establishing his site & forum. I've not got the commitment, dedication or talent to achieve as much in my ordinary life as Tony did, but if I manage only five per cent of what he managed then I will have achieved something.

All I want to do is compile something I enjoy, for my pleasure, in which others can take satisfaction in sharing. In trying to reach that goal, Tony you are my inspiration.

To his family, & close friends, as well as his wider 'footballing family', may I humbly offer my condolences to all of those already forwarded.

Don't be afraid to cry as you say goodbye. For tears are a sign of true love, not weakness. The pain will be strong, but as the days turn into weeks, & the weeks into months, the sadness will lessen, & the laughter will return, as you fondly recall the memories of Tony.

Rest In Peace to a truly humble but GREAT man!

Grounds visited: 735
Last new ground: Biggleswade Town FC; Langford Road, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. (Evo-Stik League South Premier Division Central)
Last game: Sunday 27th January 2019: Crystal Palace 0, Durham 2. [FA Women's Super League 2]
Matches watched this season: 115
2017/18-New English grounds: 12; & foreign: 2

mrskills
Ballboy/girl

Jun 16, 2009, 8:58 PM

Post #30 of 85 (23512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Very sad news. My thoughts are with Tony's family.

Hellenic_Fan
Youth Team Star

Jun 16, 2009, 9:21 PM

Team(s):

Post #31 of 85 (23494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrskills] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tonys passing is a huge loss to Non League Football.His enthusiasm,dedictaion and hard work was clear for all to see.

I never met you Tony,but through this site,I felt I could call you a friend.

Can I offer my deepest sympathy and condolences to your family and relatives.

Rest in peace Tony

Games attended in season 2012/13 1
Goals seen : 4
Goal Average per game : 4.00

MistaFozz
Deleted

Jun 16, 2009, 9:53 PM

Team(s):

Post #32 of 85 (23470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hellenic_Fan] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or

I didn't know Tony personally, never spoke to him through, my thoughts are with his family at this terrible time, it was reading through Tonys statistics that I developed a bit of a love for the grass roots game. I've slipped off the radar a bit as far as these boards are concerned, so I never knew Tony was that ill, I knew he had an ilness but never knew it was that bad.

My heartfelt deppest sympathies go out to his family

R.I.P Tony

Fozz

Titchmarsh
Ballboy/girl

Jun 16, 2009, 9:57 PM

Team(s): AFC Wimbledon

Post #33 of 85 (23470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hellenic_Fan] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

R.I.P..

Tony Kempster an absolute legend of non-league football.

The website was a masterpiece.

Thoughts and prayers with your family.

cluffy84
Ballboy/girl

Jun 16, 2009, 10:30 PM

Team(s): Garforth Town / Leeds Utd

Post #34 of 85 (23451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Titchmarsh] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

We met once at a Garforth Town game when I used to help with NCEL information, fantastic guy! I never knew he was ill, and am completely shocked.

Rest in Peace Tony

God bless from the Clough's

(This post was edited by cluffy84 on Jun 16, 2009, 10:38 PM)

Steve S
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 16, 2009, 10:38 PM

Team(s): Clevedon Town, Enfield Town

Post #35 of 85 (23445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cluffy84] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My thoughts go to Tony's family, I never met Tony but learnt so much from his website and it has helped me to enjoy and appreciate the non-league game I've followed since 1968. Tony's work and enthusiasm was an inspiration to many, many people. RIP.

Shed
Ballboy/girl

Jun 16, 2009, 10:55 PM

Team(s): North Ferriby United

Post #36 of 85 (23434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or

Tonys site was a real inspiration to me in getting interested in non-league.

We have lost one of the true greats of football.

You will be greatly missed.

rainjar
First Team Star

Jun 17, 2009, 3:45 AM

Post #37 of 85 (23383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A write up on BBC London - http://www.bbc.co.uk/...mpster_feature.shtml

Football Insights

bandtree
Junior Team Regular

Jun 17, 2009, 4:11 AM

Team(s):

Post #38 of 85 (23380 views)
Shortcut

I would also like to pass on my condolences to the Kempster family. I live in Canada, and I've been keeping up with this site for the past three years. What Tony has done to get the word out on English non-league football, allowing word to cross borders, is remarkable. All who knew him personally should be proud of his efforts, and take comfort in the fact that he has touched people around the world. Tony, you are beloved, and will be missed.

Trevor P
First Team Star

Jun 17, 2009, 6:36 AM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #39 of 85 (23374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bandtree] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'll always be grateful to Tony for enabling contact with so many other fellow enthusiasts. Whenever I come across friends at grounds around the country, I'll remember the part that Tony played in making it happen. I'll remember too the fortitude he showed in dealing with his illness. He was a remarkable man by anyone's standards and will be greatly missed.

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 17, 2009, 9:41 AM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #40 of 85 (23336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trevor P] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sad news. Condolences to Tony's family and friends

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

mike0705
Ballboy/girl

Jun 17, 2009, 10:10 AM

Post #41 of 85 (23327 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paignton-nick] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Very, very sad news indeed. Our thoughts are with Tony's family.
The non-League 'family' have lost one of it's greatest supporters. RIP

Black Swan
Deleted

Jun 17, 2009, 10:12 AM

Team(s):

Post #42 of 85 (23325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or

Farewell Tony Kempster. RIP.

Dawlish Live!

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 17, 2009, 12:47 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #43 of 85 (23285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Black Swan] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've been on my honeymoon in Jamaica for the past 2 and a half weeks - to come back to this news - I am devestated! Words cannot sum up how sorry I am - a legend of non league - his momory will live on.

I'm lost for any more words

RIP Tony.

eldumpo
Youth Team Regular

Jun 17, 2009, 1:03 PM

Post #44 of 85 (23277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My condolences to Tony's family. Tony provided a great service to non-league football. RIP.

Aggedor
Deleted

Jun 17, 2009, 1:16 PM

Team(s):

Post #45 of 85 (23268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eldumpo] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or

Very sad news, and our heartfelt sympathies go out to Tony's friends and family.

Chris and Jenny

rainworthgord
First Team Star

Jun 17, 2009, 3:30 PM

Post #46 of 85 (23214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aggedor] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have just returned home from holiday in France, been down to the shop to pick up Sunday's copy of the NLP which was saved for me, and read about Tony's thoroughly deserved lifetime achievement award. How poetic that this story should appear in the paper on the very day of Tony's passing. Maybe it was a blessing that the end came so quickly, having been told three or four weeks, but even when it is expected it is still a shock to the nearest and dearest when it happens. Like most other contributors to this board I did not know Tony personally, and yet everyone in the world of non-League football regarded him as a friend. He has borne this terrible illness with immense fortitude, his suffering is mercifully now at an end, may he rest in peace and may his family find the help and the comfort they will need at this sad time for them.

Babushkin
Ballboy/girl

Jun 17, 2009, 3:42 PM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town

Post #47 of 85 (23205 views)
Shortcut

I am another of those many people who didn't know Tony personally, but frequently visits this site.

My sincerest condolences to his family. He is gone but won't be forgotten.

Sleep easy mate.

hal
Junior Team Regular

Jun 17, 2009, 4:53 PM

Team(s): Derby County

Post #48 of 85 (23185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Babushkin] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I too would like to say that my sympathies and thoughts are with Tony's family at this difficult time. The enormous efforts that Tony has put in over recent years have been instrumental in keeping a football loving Brit sane whilst living in Canada.

I feel privileged to have known you Tony, even if it were only in a virtual sense.

I trust you can rest well and oversee the world of football from on high.

Neil (Montreal - ex-Derby)

northstandexile
First Team Regular

Jun 17, 2009, 6:50 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #49 of 85 (23159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hal] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Like myself, many posters have said that they had never met Tony, however his web site has touched so many individuals and given enjoyment to thousands.

My thoughts and prayers are with Tony's family at this time.

I just hope that the new web site being developed can build on Tony's work and continue to given enjoyment to many.

smallthorne
Youth Team Star

Jun 17, 2009, 8:29 PM

Team(s):

Post #50 of 85 (23134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am very sad to hear this news. My sincere condolences to Tony's family and friends.
I have met so many people linked to this wonderful site.
Non- League football has lost one of its very best.
Tony R.I.P.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3