Final Whistle Has Been Blown

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

igmc
Youth Team Sub

Jun 17, 2009, 9:30 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, New Brighton (RIP), Hendon

Post #51 of 85 (26126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My sincerest sympathies and condolences to Tony's family at this sad time.

On Tony's health blog, Anne, Stuart, Martin & Ian said 'You won't realise how much your wishes and comments actually meant to him and he had no idea how popular the site had become. It helped him to remain very positive right up until the recent days'.

Perhaps in turn, and in time, the comments in these threads will provide some comfort - and pride - to Tony's family as they see in what respect and affection he was held by so many people.

As just another member of the non-league fraternity, I too never met Tony, but enjoyed immensely the 'baby' he created. Facts, stats, and the most civilised football message board on the web. Where else could I ask about a vaguely remembered Lancashire Junior Cup final from fifty years ago? And just know that someone would be kind enough to get down the County FA yearbook and look up the answer for me.

Rest in Peace, Tony. And thank you.

Mike W.

martin55
First Team Sub

Jun 17, 2009, 9:48 PM

Team(s):

Post #52 of 85 (26115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [igmc] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

RIP Tony

Words can never truly express the sorrow of passing.

Doody
Junior Team Regular

Jun 17, 2009, 11:06 PM

Team(s):

Post #53 of 85 (26092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [martin55] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

R.I.P. Tony

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 17, 2009, 11:46 PM

Team(s): Torquay United, Real Salt Lake, United Services Portsmouth

Post #54 of 85 (26073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Doody] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This is just something i wanted to do....

I have posted an In Memory Of Tony Kempster on my blog and wanted to do something in my mind that was honouring his memory and legacy. Just a silly thing but i have renamed my blog at Memoirs Of A Groundhopper to In Memory Of Tony Kempster for one week. I have provided a link to the Book Of Condolence and also mentioned the Donations request.

This is my simple but fitting tribute to the man.

dannyktfc
Junior Team Star

Jun 18, 2009, 2:52 PM

Post #55 of 85 (25999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Very Sad news a non-league legend. Tony brought so many people together and kept them informed about the game we love. The thoughts of myself and everyone at Sutton Town AFC are with Tony's family.

RIP A true legend.

Danny Staley
1st Team Management
Sutton Town AFC

Spacewaster
Junior Team Regular

Jun 18, 2009, 3:01 PM

Team(s): Palace & Bromley

Post #56 of 85 (25996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dannyktfc] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sympathies to Tony's family and friends.

And thanks for all you did, Tony.

Osprey
Junior Team Star

Jun 18, 2009, 4:46 PM

Post #57 of 85 (25967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Spacewaster] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

RIP Tony

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 18, 2009, 10:25 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #58 of 85 (25910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Osprey] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Very sad news, not made any easier by the fact it wasn't unexpected. Difficult to know what add to the many messages already posted, but Tony's efforts have certainly given a welcome boost to our hobby, and won't be forgotten.
My thoughts are with Tony's family and friends, and those "virtual friends", like me, who only knew him through this wonderful website.

RIP

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

Invicta CJ
Ballboy/girl

Jun 19, 2009, 5:31 PM

Post #59 of 85 (25848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As somebody who has spent many a happy hour looking through all the information Tony has collected and collated over the past few years, it fills me with great sadness that he is no longer with us in person. I only communicated with him once via email regarding a donation and it is only just recently that I have been able to put a face to a name. My thoughts are with his wife Anne and sons Stuart, Martin & Ian. I only hope that the affection that so many people have for Tony gives them some comfort at their time of great sadness. R.I.P Tony, you will never be forgotten.

East Fork Utd
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 20, 2009, 12:56 PM

Post #60 of 85 (25757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Invicta CJ] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Condolences to Tony's friends and family. Thanks to his efforts, I was introduced to the frustrating, wacky, and wonderful world of English non-league soccer. Other sites may have come and gone, but for a lot of people, this site was the "gold standard" for results and news from the various leagues. When our time comes, we can hopefully join Tony on the good side of the hereafter.

maisiebob
Junior Team Star

Jun 20, 2009, 1:46 PM

Team(s): Wolves

Post #61 of 85 (25745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [East Fork Utd] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My condolences to Tony's friends and family.
RIP Tony, you are a legend and will be greatly missed

TB&G
Youth Team Regular

Jun 20, 2009, 2:31 PM

Team(s): Romford FC

Post #62 of 85 (25738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Dear Family Kempster,

The thoughts of Tony's admirers at Romford FC are with you in these difficult times.

Here are the words of just a few of them that have been entered on our club website forum

http://www.pitchero.com/...id=47038&start=0

TrueblueandGold!

Garybaldbee
Ballboy/girl

Jun 20, 2009, 4:54 PM

Post #63 of 85 (25720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TB&G] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've not posted on here before but have spent many a happy hour browsing the site over the years and just wanted to add my personal condolences to Tony's family. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Celticviking
Junior Team Sub

Jun 20, 2009, 5:05 PM

Team(s): South Liverpool, Aalborg, Brønderslev, Larne FC

Post #64 of 85 (25712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Garybaldbee] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am sorry to hear about Tony. My Condolences to Tony`s family

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Jun 20, 2009, 6:08 PM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #65 of 85 (25701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Celticviking] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I got back today from holiday and discovered this immensely sad news. This'll sound pathetic, but I'm having a bit of trouble typing this through moist eyes.

My sincere condolences to Tony's family and, of all the comments I've read today, I'd like to compliment Vienna and Mishi for their posts, which say the sort of things I'd love to but with far more eloquence than I could ever manage.

I never met Tony, but he turned me from a football lover into a compulsive nerd who'd spend hours trying to work out what fixture to visit in a month's time if my original game was cancelled - and I've loved every minute of it.

Because my wife-to-be is scared of flying, we're driving northwards for our honeymoon this October (during the season - what would Tony have thought!), and the first three days will be spent in York. It'll be a beautiful place, with hopefully an extra star in the sky looking down, clutching a rattle or something similar. RIP Tony, and thanks for everything.

(This post was edited by Ashtree RockBee on Jun 20, 2009, 6:09 PM)

PeteTheDart
Ballboy/girl

Jun 20, 2009, 9:00 PM

Team(s): Dartford

Post #66 of 85 (25670 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

After a week away from home, I have just logged on and read of the sad loss of Tony. I have also had to register with this site in order to post, as previously I only ever hit my 'favourites' button to go straight for the latest information. I have also just read the article from the nlp at the beginning of May which highlighted Tony's background. IT. Now we know the reason how Tony was able to put together such a brilliant website, with his IT and mathematical background . So much information to such an incredible depth involving so many clubs - and perhaps - most importantly, also being accessed by so many supporters to a degree that it appears even Tony was overwhelmed by the esteem in which he was held as the site became ever more popular. In excess of 300,000 hits on Saturdays at the end of the season!!

It is a fitting tribute to Tony that he has brought the Non League footballing fraternity together in a way that would have been considered almost impossible only a few years ago. To me, the Non League scene is such a breath of fresh air compared to the Premiership and Football League scene, and Tony's past efforts have enabled so many of us to enjoy the camaraderie of the Non League scene, whilst at the same time, also enable us to take an interest in all levels of the game.

My heartfelt condolences go out to Tony's family and close friends at this difficult time, and there will be many others at Dartford Football Club, who will feel the same.

Many thanks Tony, for all your efforts. RIP.

Casual-Corinth
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 21, 2009, 1:32 AM

Post #67 of 85 (25635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PeteTheDart] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So sad that it happens to the good guys, thanks for all your time and effort. You were a true Corinthian

E-DUOBUS-UNUM

Corinthian-Casuals Football Club, member of the Isthmian League.
A club rich in history and proud of its traditions

roy142857
Youth Team Regular

Jun 22, 2009, 6:41 PM

Team(s): Slade Green Knights, Orpington, Dartford, Phoenix Sports, Ebbsfleet

Post #68 of 85 (25501 views)
Shortcut

Tony, may you rest in peace and rise in Glory.

My thoughts and prayers are with Tony's family at this sad time. He certainly touched many lives through his efforts on the non-league site - to bring both pleasure and knowledge to people is certainly a great achievement.

Roy

MidComb
Junior Team Sub

Jun 22, 2009, 11:59 PM

Post #69 of 85 (25441 views)
Shortcut
Re: [roy142857] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tony, if you are logging on from the eternal internet cafe then I want to say publically what I said to you privately. You are a legend.

To all Tony's family, my deepest sympathy.

To those now tasked with keeping this place going, Tony found a niche providing access to facts when for the most part non-league football is littered with rumours & nonsense. That is a high standard to reach, let alone maintain. Good luck.

pinnnerwolf
Junior Team Star

Jun 23, 2009, 7:43 AM

Team(s): Wolverhampton Wanderers and Serbia

Post #70 of 85 (25412 views)
Shortcut
With Deepest Sympathy [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just to add my condolences to the family. Whatever your beliefs it is certain we live on through the memory of others. Tony's site gave so much pleasure and hopefully will continue to do so well into the future and is a real memorial to a very special person.

Pinnerwolf aka David Denton

Billybadknees
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 23, 2009, 10:29 AM

Team(s): Sheffield FC, Sheffield Wednesday, Staveley MWFC

Post #71 of 85 (25400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinnnerwolf] With Deepest Sympathy [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just back from holiday to hear this terribly sad news.

A true legend of the football world.

Sig-lite!

baldangel
Junior Team Regular

Jun 23, 2009, 6:41 PM

Team(s): Tonbridge Angels, Gillingham, Tunbridge Wells

Post #72 of 85 (25349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tony created a Premier League site out of the non league game, that hopefully will be his legacy for many years to come.

RIP

Darren
Youth Team Regular

Jun 23, 2009, 7:38 PM

Team(s): Mossley

Post #73 of 85 (25333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [baldangel] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This website is a brilliant source of information, created by a wonderful man of which no praise could ever be too much. Thank you for everything you did Tony and may you rest in peace.

COME ON MOSSLEY

thowdreds
Youth Team Star

Jun 24, 2009, 4:20 PM

Team(s): Accrington Stanley, Blackburn Rovers, BurnleyLeicester City, Halesowen Town

Post #74 of 85 (25279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Darren] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I will always be grateful for the amount of information Tony provided. My thoughts and prayers are with the family

avfclancs
Ballboy/girl

Jun 24, 2009, 9:18 PM

Post #75 of 85 (25240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thowdreds] Final Whistle Has Been Blown [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As with many other I never met Tony but his site rekindled my love for football and I am now the proud owner of a season ticket for a L4 club.

My condolences to Tony's family, the football world has lost a true champion

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3