Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Applicants for Cornwall Combination Lge next season

paignton-nick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 8, 2010, 11:21 AM

Team(s): Stevenage FC & Buckland Athletic

Post #1 of 3 (1171 views)
Shortcut
Applicants for Cornwall Combination Lge next season Can't Post or Reply Privately

The following 4 clubs have applied for memebership of the Cornwall Combination next season:

Goonhavern
Mousehole Reserves
Pendeen
Storm

The list comes courtesy of Dave Deacons coloumn in the 'Indy' sports pull out yesterday.

Stevenage FC - Hertfordshire's finest!
Buckland Athletic- Pride of South Devon!

philglossop
Youth Team Star

Feb 8, 2010, 6:40 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 3 (1089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paignton-nick] Applicants for Cornwall Combination Lge next season [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can't see Mousehole reserves getting the nod- the view in a lot of clubs in down west is that the Combination needs to shed a couple of reserve clubs rather than gain them!

I seem to recall a big "toodo" when Pendeen were not re-elected back in the 1990's. I know Pendeen have been looking to improve the clubhouse/changing rooms. Can anyone remember why they weren't re-elected (I was involved with an East Cornwall club at the time).

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 8, 2010, 7:31 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1080 views)
Shortcut
Re: [philglossop] Applicants for Cornwall Combination Lge next season [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I seem to recall a big "toodo" when Pendeen were not re-elected back in the 1990's. I know Pendeen have been looking to improve the clubhouse/changing rooms. Can anyone remember why they weren't re-elected (I was involved with an East Cornwall club at the time).

Well, they did finish bottom the season they weren't re-elected (and next to bottom the season before that)

--
Richard

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3